Softball people in here - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Softball people in here

or baseball, pretty much anyone who knows how to swing a bat.

I have been playing in a league in mesquite for about 2 years now, and have developed an issue that is good in a way, but not something I really want ALL the time.

I am righthanded and I consistently hit to right field. Every at bat. Sometimes they are grounders, sometimes line drives, sometimes popups, but it is always to right field, sometimes center.

What am I possibly doing to push it that way? I am really not trying to. Am I swinging too late? I can't pull a ball to save my life right now.

I know its hard to help if you haven't seen me swing, but I figure there has to be some basic logic of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post

I have been playing in a league in mesquite for about 2 years now, and have developed an issue that is good in a way, but not something I really want ALL the time.

I am righthanded and I consistently hit to right field. Every at bat. Sometimes they are grounders, sometimes line drives, sometimes popups, but it is always to right field, sometimes center.

What am I possibly doing to push it that way? I am really not trying to. Am I swinging too late? I can't pull a ball to save my life right now.

I know its hard to help if you haven't seen me swing, but I figure there has to be some basic logic of it.
Swinging late.

But what do I know..there's a self proclaimed badass on here that will pop up and grace the entire board with his amazing presence. He started a thread not too long ago about how pathetically good and competitive he was in softball. I still can't believe he was serious.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Try switching your stance up and hang your front foot back a little more from the plate. This will keep your swing aimed to left field. I'm right-handed as well but I usually hit to left or left-center.

Wanna see my care face?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Just slightly move your left foot back when you stand at the plate.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So stand in the same position and angle, just place my foot about 5 or 6 inches back? I even go to a lighter bat to speed my swing up and it still goes to right.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So stand in the same position and angle, just place my foot about 5 or 6 inches back? I even go to a lighter bat to speed my swing up and it still goes to right.
That has always worked for me. If I have a certain area with a weaker player, I'll try to hit it there. Of course, I am not a professional player.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
Swinging late.

But what do I know..there's a self proclaimed badass on here that will pop up and grace the entire board with his amazing presence. He started a thread not too long ago about how pathetically good and competitive he was in softball. I still can't believe he was serious.
Not just in softball......he's an overall SUPERSTAR athlete!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:

Stand closer to the plate and start your hips first when you swing. You should get around and pull inside pitches and yet hit the outside to right field if you keep your hands back on them.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 12:54 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Make contact out in front of the plate (for pitches on the inside half of the plate). Don't wait for it to get in on you, when all you can do is hit it to the right side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy View Post
Swinging late.

Fuck you....jealous much?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Texan

I played baseball my whole life and could rip the tits off a hard ball but when I played softball I was always hitting dinkers and flares.

What I did to change it was develop a softball swing rather than trying to hit it with a baseball swing. I start with an open stance, step back and close up with my feet in line with the pitcher's mound to home plate, then pop back open to hit the ball. If the pitch was on the outside corner I step directly back towards the pitcher on the recoil and drive it to right center.

Hopefully that helps. If you need more info shoot me a PM or I can help you work out the details on this thread.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Texan

The trick to hitting the ball with authority is getting hip rotation no matter what part of the field you're hitting the ball to.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Texan

Torque, do you play any MSBL?

Last edited by 0 GT 2; 10-23-2010 at 11:30 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
Torque, do you play and MSBL?
Yes sir...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement