UFC 121 : Lesnar vs Velasquez - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
UFC 121 : Lesnar vs Velasquez

Pretty decent card this weekend. Cain is a definete threat to Lesnar's title. Should be fun to watch.

Shields first fight in the UFC. Kampmann is a tough dude, but Sheilds should go through him pretty easily.

Diego vs Paulo - This fight is Paulo's to lose.

Hamill vs Ortiz - Ortiz's last chance in the UFC. Even though he's had a few losses all to ex-champs, he desperately needs a win to keep DW happy and his job.

Gonzaga vs Schaub - I'm pickin the rookie on this one. As long as he can stay on his feet he should be ok.

Cote and McGee are both easy picks. Stout is a solid maybe.

UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez
Date: Oct 23, 2010

Venue: Honda Center
Broadcast: Pay-per-view

MAIN CARD
•Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)
•Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields
•Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago
•Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz
•Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
•Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee
•Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

•Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor
•Mike Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts
•Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang
•Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
T-MINUS

Cain looked a little freaked out after Lesner's last fight.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Cain looked a little freaked out after Lesner's last fight.
I think he walks around with that look on his face.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post

MAIN CARD
•Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)
•Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields
Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago
•Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
•Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee
Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

•Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor
Mike Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts
Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang
•Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel
I really think Cain can take this one. I hope Kampmann wins but I see Shields humping him for 3 rounds to take a UD. I think Diego being back at Jackson's is just what he needs.

Btw, why are they hyping Cain as the possible first Mexican champ? Ricco Rodriguez was the HW champ.
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Time Served

Lesnar vs Cain... this is going to be a war i feel like, Lesnar has faced top HW's such as Couture, Mir, Hearing, Carwin....None of them being an easy walk for lesnar but none the less came out on top on all of them.Beat down Mir, Took an asswhooping from Carwin(and still survied) and just got the best of Couture.He has had some tuff fights.His takedowns are for sure hard to stuff,and for a big guy, he can move fairly fairly quick, And is a good wrestler no doubt..

Cain has defeated quite a bit as well..NONE OF THEM being top HW's of UFC except for Nogueira and Kongo...WHICH both have lost to Mir.Not to mention he won against Kongo by Decision
Seems to me Cain is Training his ass off though, And him barley sliding by Kongo... He will Def need to improve all around.BUT i will not count cain out just yet because he did show improvment in the Nogueira fight.
He IS without a doubt quicker than Lesnar, Stronger than Lesnar? I just dont see that, Better wrestler? Nope not that either...But i know he's been working hard to improve all around so we will see.

But in the end i still feel the champ will come out ontop.( Just my opinion ) Hes done nothing but improve in ALL his fights, and it's obvious to me he can take a pretty good hit, and not just 1, but several...

Its going to be a war !

2002 Mustang Gt - Bolt Ons for now...Boost Later!
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Time Served

Lesnar vs Cain is a mismatch IMO. If Carwin couldnt knock out lesnar Velasquez has no chance. I think he will be taken down and pounded out quick and dirty, he will be givng up 50 lbs. There is 50 lbs and then there is 50 lbs of muscle.

Anything can happen with those little gloves but I really dont see it being competitive.

2000 Lightning- stock daily driver
1992 LX-coil overs/PHB / TA / LCA, Cobra brakes, HCI Vortech V1
1988 CRX Si- B18CR/B16S1
post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Brock Motherfucking Lesnar all the way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4STANG6 View Post
Lesnar vs Cain... this is going to be a war i feel like, Lesnar has faced top HW's such as Couture, Mir, Hearing, Carwin....None of them being an easy walk for lesnar but none the less came out on top on all of them.Beat down Mir, Took an asswhooping from Carwin(and still survied) and just got the best of Couture.He has had some tuff fights.His takedowns are for sure hard to stuff,and for a big guy, he can move fairly fairly quick, And is a good wrestler no doubt..

Cain has defeated quite a bit as well..NONE OF THEM being top HW's of UFC except for Nogueira and Kongo...WHICH both have lost to Mir.Not to mention he won against Kongo by Decision
Seems to me Cain is Training his ass off though, And him barley sliding by Kongo... He will Def need to improve all around.BUT i will not count cain out just yet because he did show improvment in the Nogueira fight.
He IS without a doubt quicker than Lesnar, Stronger than Lesnar? I just dont see that, Better wrestler? Nope not that either...But i know he's been working hard to improve all around so we will see.

But in the end i still feel the champ will come out ontop.( Just my opinion ) Hes done nothing but improve in ALL his fights, and it's obvious to me he can take a pretty good hit, and not just 1, but several...

Its going to be a war !

First, it irritates me to no end when fighters/people refer to a fight as a "war" in the octagon. It's disrespectful to real soldiers at war right now getting shot at and blown up. Next, these proclaimed "wars" never are and like most fights are typically one sided.

Lastly, why it people use this sense of reasoning that A fighter is stronger than B fighter so that automatically gives him the advantage or win. That's nonsense thinking. Just because Lesnar maybe stronger than Cain, it doesn't mean Cain still can't hit hard enough to do the job and doesn't completely negate his power. There is MUCH more to striking than just being strong, timing and technique are even more crucial to proper striking than just all brawn. It's ignorance at it's finest to think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_5.0 View Post
Lesnar vs Cain is a mismatch IMO. If Carwin couldnt knock out lesnar Velasquez has no chance. I think he will be taken down and pounded out quick and dirty, he will be givng up 50 lbs. There is 50 lbs and then there is 50 lbs of muscle.

Anything can happen with those little gloves but I really dont see it being competitive.
Mismatch? You're delusional. Those extra 50lbs of muscle also require much more oxygen to feed and to move around. Cain by far has the best cardio in the HW division. Cain's striking is FAR superior to Lesnar's and he is also a former Divsion 1 wrestling champ just like Lesnar. Mismatch? Hardly.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Pilgrim

I see Lesnar getting Cain to the ground, smothering him with his size, and then smashing Cain's face with his lunchbox hands until the ref steps in.
post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
First, it irritates me to no end when fighters/people refer to a fight as a "war" in the octagon. It's disrespectful to real soldiers at war right now getting shot at and blown up. Next, these proclaimed "wars" never are and like most fights are typically one sided.

Lastly, why it people use this sense of reasoning that A fighter is stronger than B fighter so that automatically gives him the advantage or win. That's nonsense thinking. Just because Lesnar maybe stronger than Cain, it doesn't mean Cain still can't hit hard enough to do the job and doesn't completely negate his power. There is MUCH more to striking than just being strong, timing and technique are even more crucial to proper striking than just all brawn. It's ignorance at it's finest to think otherwise.

Mismatch? You're delusional. Those extra 50lbs of muscle also require much more oxygen to feed and to move around. Cain by far has the best cardio in the HW division. Cain's striking is FAR superior to Lesnar's and he is also a former Divsion 1 wrestling champ just like Lesnar. Mismatch? Hardly.
Uhm wow the whole war thing lol wow. Not even the same level. Get over it. I'm hoping it will be a WAR of a fight. I'm sure your friend or family member is going thru some shit in the war but don't bring it here. Lesnar is gonna kick ass. Didn't care at first seeing as He's came from some TV shit but now knowing who he really is I got much respect. The other is faster lol Yeah but I think if lesnar don't knock him out early it will still go to him in the long run.

2004 DSG SVT Lightning - Magi Catback
1993 Fox GT 3.55s and flows need some work
As much fun as a good sneeze in the middle of a good piss.
post #11 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Lol dude calm down, ANYONE can use the word WAR in any way they want, no one here is disrepecting ANY of the soldiers, it's like saying, "it's going to be a bloodbath" be disrespectful to a fucking surgeon.Dude in America it's allllllllllllllllll freedom of speech, so calm your ass down bro lol...

We are ALL entitled to our own opinions. Are you going to argue with EVERYONES opinion? I hope not lol

post #12 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Lol dude calm down, ANYONE can use the word WAR in any way they want, no one here is disrepecting ANY of the soldiers, it's like saying, "it's going to be a bloodbath" be disrespectful to a fucking surgeon.Dude in America it's allllllllllllllllll freedom of speech, so calm your ass down bro lol...

We are ALL entitled to our own opinions. Are you going to argue with EVERYONES opinion? I hope not lol
It's a discussion, not an arguement. No need to be so defensive.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #13 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Time Served

Quote:
It's a discussion, not an arguement. No need to be so defensive.
Originally Posted by JKD

I'm not at all, seems to me that YOU were though.

post #14 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

I'm not at all, seems to me that YOU were though.
Resist the urge to click the reply button more often because clearly you are incapable of having a conversation without being an idiot.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #15 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Time Served

Lol moron

post #16 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Sure Velasquez has a shot but if he was on Lesnars level there is no way he would go to a decision with Kongo. They were both wresting champs but cain never gave up this much size at any point in his wresting career.

IMO Lesnar and Carwin are in another league. Cains best bet would be to go for a submission. I think Carwin would be an even worse match up for Cain and end inside of the first round.

I have $250.00 bet out on this fight and hope Lesnar wins but I wouldnt be surprised if Cain found a way to win. Thats why I love watching MMA its unpredictable.

2000 Lightning- stock daily driver
1992 LX-coil overs/PHB / TA / LCA, Cobra brakes, HCI Vortech V1
1988 CRX Si- B18CR/B16S1
post #17 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
I actually agree to this.

I really hope Lesnar loses this one!
post #18 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
$uper $low

I'm fucking ready for the war this saturday!
Hell yea!

post #19 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I'm fucking ready for the war this saturday!
Hell yea!
Smart ass. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #20 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
11-05-09

This is going to be a war! I'm so glad I'm off this weekend so that I can watch this battle!
post #21 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

I just don't see how anybody can be a fan of Lesnar. He tapped out in milliseconds when he was caught in an ankle lock his first fight with Mir, so they threw him a couple of easy wins and called him the interim champ....with a record of 2-1. He beat Couture(sp?) by overpowering him. Big surprise...he had 60lbs and 10+ years on him. His fight against Carwin was the most pleasurable time of my life. He refused to get up after having his ass pounded for 4 minutes. I think that if refuse to get up when the opposing fighter is letting you up you should lose. Lesnar looked like a total bitch for that entire round. However, he's a freak of nature and has great stamina for a guy so big. But a fighter Lesnar is not. He's just a huge motherfucker.

With that said, I want Cain to win. He's a legit fighter going up against a freak of nature with mediocre skill.
post #22 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I just don't see how anybody can be a fan of Lesnar. He tapped out in milliseconds when he was caught in an ankle lock his first fight with Mir, so they threw him a couple of easy wins and called him the interim champ....with a record of 2-1. He beat Couture(sp?) by overpowering him. Big surprise...he had 60lbs and 10+ years on him. His fight against Carwin was the most pleasurable time of my life. He refused to get up after having his ass pounded for 4 minutes. I think that if refuse to get up when the opposing fighter is letting you up you should lose. Lesnar looked like a total bitch for that entire round. However, he's a freak of nature and has great stamina for a guy so big. But a fighter Lesnar is not. He's just a huge motherfucker.

With that said, I want Cain to win. He's a legit fighter going up against a freak of nature with mediocre skill.
100% disagree. carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #23 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
100% disagree. carry on.
Explain why you disagree.
post #24 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Explain why you disagree.
Mir, Carwin and Couture are not pushovers.

Couture walked thru 6'10" Tim Sylvia and 6'4" Gabriel Gonzaga. It's almost an insult to say that he lost to Brock due to size alone.

Carwin never stepped back and gave Brock a chance to get up. One time Carwin stood back, but was still cocked and loaded while Brock was still dazed. Not a good time to stand and bang.

He's come back for more after losing to Mir, and beat Mir's ass.

Ever been heel hooked? Do you know that a cranked heel hook tears tendons out of your knee? I'd tap quick too if I got caught in one.

Aside from that I think we agree.

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #25 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

Couture walked thru 6'10" Tim Sylvia and 6'4" Gabriel Gonzaga. It's almost an insult to say that he lost to Brock due to size alone.

Carwin never stepped back and gave Brock a chance to get up. One time Carwin stood back, but was still cocked and loaded while Brock was still dazed. Not a good time to stand and bang.

Ever been heel hooked? Do you know that a cranked heel hook tears tendons out of your knee? I'd tap quick too if I got caught in one.

Tim Sylvia was a joke. He got knocked out in a few seconds by a boxer..............in a cage. Has Brock even knocked anybody out? Not TKO, but KO? If he's so big and so fast, and the self-proclaimed "toughest son of a bitch on the planet" how has he not knocked all these smaller guys out? Like I said, he's a mediocre fighter with incredible physical ability.
post #26 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Tim Sylvia was a joke. He got knocked out in a few seconds by a boxer..............in a cage. Has Brock even knocked anybody out? Not TKO, but KO? If he's so big and so fast, and the self-proclaimed "toughest son of a bitch on the planet" how has he not knocked all these smaller guys out? Like I said, he's a mediocre fighter with incredible physical ability.
At the time Sylvia was the HW champ. Period.

Lesnar broke Heath Herring's face. Literally. Broke his orbital. It didn't knock him out but most other guys would've gone to sleep.

So an MMA champion is decided by his KO record??? LOL this isn't boxing.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #27 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

Agreed. Heel hooks hurt like a motherfucker, especially when you have a monster like Mir on the other end of your leg.

Admittingly, when Lesnar first came onto the scene I hated him and hated the fact he got a shot at the title so early solely based on his name alone. Now I'm still not ready to cheer for the guy, I have come to respect his amazing work ethic and his willingness to learn MMA and not just sticking with what he knows. It is true, he is a mediocre MMA fighter, but he should be with so little experience. But being a mediocre can be made up by him being an amazing athlete, incredibly strong and a strong will to compete. He may not be the best fighter in the division, but the better fighter doesn't always win. When he does evolve as a fighter he's going to be very, very tough to beat.

I'm still picking Cain to win the fight. Cain has something that both Lesnar and Carwin do not - amazing cardio and world class boxing skills. Cain also was a division 1 wrestler so as long as he can stay away from the fence on his back, he should be ok.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #28 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Time Served

Quote:
At the time Sylvia was the HW champ. Period.

Lesnar broke Heath Herring's face. Literally. Broke his orbital. It didn't knock him out but most other guys would've gone to sleep.

So an MMA champion is decided by his KO record??? LOL this isn't boxing.
+1 on that

post #29 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Agreed. Heel hooks hurt like a motherfucker, especially when you have a monster like Mir on the other end of your leg.

Admittingly, when Lesnar first came onto the scene I hated him and hated the fact he got a shot at the title so early solely based on his name alone. Now I'm still not ready to cheer for the guy, I have come to respect his amazing work ethic and his willingness to learn MMA and not just sticking with what he knows. It is true, he is a mediocre MMA fighter, but he should be with so little experience. But being a mediocre can be made up by him being an amazing athlete, incredibly strong and a strong will to compete. He may not be the best fighter in the division, but the better fighter doesn't always win. When he does evolve as a fighter he's going to be very, very tough to beat.

I'm still picking Cain to win the fight. Cain has something that both Lesnar and Carwin do not - amazing cardio and world class boxing skills. Cain also was a division 1 wrestler so as long as he can stay away from the fence on his back, he should be ok.
He's one of the Arizona State guys isn't he? Insanely awesome group of powerfuel wrestlers.
post #30 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Simply put, he's not a striker, he's a wrestler thats learning to strike as he's the HW champ of the UFC. That's alot to ask of anyone.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #31 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
He's one of the Arizona State guys isn't he? Insanely awesome group of powerfuel wrestlers.
Yup. But keep in mind, your wrestling game changes when you're getting punched while scrambling for position and controlling the other guy. So to compare a wrestler to a wrestler doesn't work very well. Lesnar's chin is very suspect, but he showed the ability to compose himself. So it should definetely be a good fight.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #32 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
He's a mediocre fighter that's been blowing through everyone in the HW division? Like him or not, he's a tremendous athlete and is becoming an evolving fighter. He has little boxing skill, no muay thai, but he's learning. He tapped to Mir's ankle lock/ knee bar because 1. Mir is vicious when he gets a sub, and I'm sure it hurt like hell. 2. he was probably VERY surprised, and getting out of that is not something that your average wrestler is going to know how to do instinctively.

Tim Sylvia was a joke when he:
TKO'ed mike whitehead, Ricco Rodriguez, Andrei Arlovski, and head kicked Tra Telligman. 18 of 27 victories came by (t)KO. At one point in time, Tim Sylvia was a solid fighter. He got lazy and weak for a while in the UFC.

Randy was doing great against Brock until he landed one of those gigantic biscuit snatchers on Randy's head. Then it was goodnight, Cinderella.

I hate to tell you this, but Ray Mercer has 26 career knockouts. If he hits you, it isn't going to tickle. He has lost a total of 10 out of 47 fights in 3 sports.

It's really easy for you to talk about how big of a chump someone is until you know what it feels like to get hit in the mouth by a skilled boxer, smeared all over the mat by an overpowering wrestler, kicked in the head, or arm barred by someone who you thought you were doing well against.

post #33 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yup. But keep in mind, your wrestling game changes when you're getting punched while scrambling for position and controlling the other guy. So to compare a wrestler to a wrestler doesn't work very well. Lesnar's chin is very suspect, but he showed the ability to compose himself. So it should definetely be a good fight.
If it's a good fight, Cain will win. If it's a quick fight, Lesnar will win. Some other giant from the WWE needs to learn how to fight and go MMA and level the playing field. While I don't really care for professional wrestling, they honestly do have some of the best heavyweight athletes in the world.
post #34 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
While I don't really care for professional wrestling, they honestly do have some of the best heavyweight athletes in the world.
And they're all on steroids.

post #35 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Steroids mean squat without ability and skill.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #36 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You're preaching to the choir, but I figured I would throw that out there since everyone is so anti-steroids.

post #37 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
As was Lesnar.
post #38 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
While I'll admit that you're more of an MMA fighter than I'll ever be, but until you've taken steroids (I've done one cycle on winstrol) you have no clue what steroids can do. ...and trust me, they can do a whole lot. Strength, stamina, speed, recovery...it's ungodly.
post #39 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
While I'll admit that you're more of an MMA fighter than I'll ever be, but until you've taken steroids (I've done one cycle on winstrol) you have no clue what steroids can do. ...and trust me, they can do a whole lot. Strength, stamina, speed, recovery...it's ungodly.
And to be a professional athlete, they're just looking to stay in the game. They're ALL on some form of juice. and yes, of course that includes Lesnar.

post #40 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
And it all still means squat without ability and skill. I've rolled/fought alot of big meatheads. I've never seen one that can match my hand speed and I can submit them all day long when they don't know what the fuck they are doing and I've never taken anything. People who focus on strength as an important part of their game don't last very long. Their arm cannot outpower my whole body of strength with leverage and gravity on my side. Steroids users don't scare me abit, they break and go to sleep just like everyone else does.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #41 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
And it all still means squat without ability and skill. I've rolled/fought alot of big meatheads. I've never seen one that can match my hand speed and I can submit them all day long when they don't know what the fuck they are doing and I've never taken anything. People who focus on strength as an important part of their game don't last very long. Their arm cannot outpower my whole body of strength with leverage and gravity on my side. Steroids users don't scare me abit, they break and go to sleep just like everyone else does.
A steroid user at the professional level is gonna be a bit different than fighting.................SEB.
post #42 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
A steroid user at the professional level is gonna be a bit different than fighting.................SEB.
LOL, I've come a LONG way since then and even then that wasn't a good representation of my abilities. Ask anyone on the board who has trained with me.

You're still missing the point. Doing sterioids does not mean anything without the technique.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #43 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are aware that some people train with people who have a working IQ over 80. In some cases, you get to train with people who can even tie their own shoes!

post #44 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
LOL, I've come a LONG way since then and even then that wasn't a good representation of my abilities. Ask anyone on the board who has trained with me.

You're still missing the point. Doing sterioids does not mean anything without the technique.
I think that you're missing my point. If somebody else came from the WWE, they wouldn't be just working off their roid rage. They would be trained. They have the funds to surround themselves with great coaches. Now...would they win their first fight? Probably not, but at least we would have the same size going against Lesnar. Again, not to take away from his natural ability, but if you look at his college physique compared to now...he's had a little help. I do agree with you though, he's probably a very coachable guy but then again so was the big black street fighter dude (can't remember his name). Lesnar is a bit quicker to learn because he's not that old, but he still has his limits on how far he can accel.

Regardless, for the entire first round Carwin made Lesnar look like a bitch and showed that when he gets hit, he backs the fuck out instead of getting the fuck in. I think Valasquez is going into this fight knowing that, with his superior boxing and freakishly good stamina.
post #45 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are aware that some people train with people who have a working IQ over 80. In some cases, you get to train with people who can even tie their own shoes!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have no clue what you're talking about.

EDIT: I know you're talking about Lesnars training crew, but from what I've seen, he's only slightly evolved as a fighter.
post #46 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have no clue what you're talking about.

EDIT: I know you're talking about Lesnars training crew, but from what I've seen, he's only slightly evolved as a fighter.
Actually, it was a reference to the two guys that do train that are posting in this thread.

post #47 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 AM
AHMO!

Poopnut/jkd-kneebar. Not ankle or heel hook.

Continue with the entertainment now.
post #48 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Poopnut/jkd-kneebar. Not ankle or heel hook.

Continue with the entertainment now.
Leave it to Nate. LMAO. That was awhile back and now I can't find a video of it. Either way, same principle applies.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #49 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 AM
AHMO!

And to followup on tapping quickly poopnut. There is a 16 year old girl at our gym that could slap that same kneebar on you and I bet you would tap quicker than Brock.

Ok back to lurking.
post #50 of 182 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Regardless, for the entire first round Carwin made Lesnar look like a bitch and showed that when he gets hit, he backs the fuck out instead of getting the fuck in. I think Valasquez is going into this fight knowing that, with his superior boxing and freakishly good stamina.
For Lesner's size, he too has good stamina. You are absolutely right about Lesner being "slightly evolved" fighter, however look how long he's been into MMA and fighting/beating those with years of experience over him. His size and speed are both to his advantage. I don't see him having a problem taking down anyone in his class because of his physical attributes. It works for him. You cannot deny every fight he's been in you can see his improvements. This is going to be a challenging fight. His block head is going to be tested once again, but I also think because he's proven he can utilize what he learns he could actually counter if Cain tries to flurry.
If you didn't know, Dave Batista is rumored to be training. IMO I think your theories may be more spot on with him than Lesnar, if Dave can actually make a career in MMA.
I like Lesnar for the very fact that he's usually the underdog and has proven so many wrong.

Last edited by SS Junk; 10-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement