Joneses: Phillips' job isn't in jeopardy despite Cowboys' start - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Joneses: Phillips' job isn't in jeopardy despite Cowboys' start

Dallas Cowboys brass is disappointed with their team's 1-3 start, but head coach Wade Phillips' job is "absolutely" safe, executive vice president Stephen Jones told NFL Network's Albert Breer at the NFL Fall League Meeting in Chicago.

"I think in our organization everybody is taking responsibility, not just Wade," Stephen Jones said. "He does. He takes responsibility. The coaching staff takes responsibility. The players take it. We all take it.

"We're a team, we're an organization, and when we fall short, we accept it as a team."

Jones' father, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones, echoed his comments, saying that "with Wade ... I'm very comfortable that we can do better."

Jerry Jones repeatedly has made clear his support this season for Phillips, who has been under fire since the Cowboys' failure to reach the playoffs in 2008, his second season in charge. Phillips was given a two-year contract extension in January after guiding the team to its second NFC East title in three seasons and first postseason win in a dozen years.

The Cowboys lost their first two games this season, at Washington and at home against Chicago, before winning in Houston. They followed their bye week with a 34-27 loss last weekend to visiting Tennessee and play Sunday at Minnesota.

There's no need to fret about missing any games. You can watch every contest again with Game Rewind. Get more information here.

"Even if we were winning, we've got a lot of things that can make us a better team that are encouraging," Jerry Jones told Breer at the owners' meetings. "Since we haven't been [winning], we've really got a lot of things we can address. There's not just one thing, but we are obviously making mistakes. But those are things that are correctable."

The owner said he was "certainly disappointed for everyone concerned, surprised, and I feel like we're losing time here. We're running out of time, even though it's early in the season. If we're gonna go, we've got to go now, and go hard. ...

"When you start off and you don't win but one ballgame out of four, you feel like you need to win all the games."

Discuss.... Haven't we heard something like this similar in the past?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Resident Epicurean

Neither Jerry nor Stephen are going to openly say "Yes, his job is on the line." That's retarded. Why show their hand?

That said, again, nothing will happen til after the season is over. Jerry has never fired a coach mid season, and isn't going to start now. If Wade is fired, he has to find three replacement coaches. Not going to happen in the middle of the season. I'm not real excited about who might be out there at the end of the season, either. Sure, Cowher or Gruden would be an improvement. But what about OC and DC?
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Neither Jerry nor Stephen are going to openly say "Yes, his job is on the line." That's retarded. Why show their hand?

That said, again, nothing will happen til after the season is over. Jerry has never fired a coach mid season, and isn't going to start now. If Wade is fired, he has to find three replacement coaches. Not going to happen in the middle of the season. I'm not real excited about who might be out there at the end of the season, either. Sure, Cowher or Gruden would be an improvement. But what about OC and DC?
I'm sure if you bring in either of those two coaches they will have a OC or a DC in mind.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm sure if you bring in either of those two coaches they will have a OC or a DC in mind.

*IF* Jerry lets them bring in their own staff. But even then, they are limited because so many of those guys are already under contract, etc.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
*IF* Jerry lets them bring in their own staff. But even then, they are limited because so many of those guys are already under contract, etc.
I don't think either of those coaches will coach if they can't bring in their own guys especially a OC and a DC.

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I don't think either of those coaches will coach if they can't bring in their own guys especially a OC and a DC.
I agree, but look at what happened with the current coaches. Jerry hired JG before he hired Wade.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I agree, but look at what happened with the current coaches. Jerry hired JG before he hired Wade.
See this is why I can't stand Jerry and how I want him to lose so badly. I think he needs to step down as GM and just be the fucking owner and pay the players paycheck and let Stephen be GM. Let Stephen pretty much run everything. You know I would be happy and might start cheering for the cowboys again. But Jerry won't cause he is so full of himself and has to be in the spot light for everything. I think Stephen would be a 10 time better GM then Jerry ever will be.

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Yea, I don't see any major coaching changes until the end of the season.

I would just like to see the cowboys win.

I do think alot of the cowboys problems are from a LACK OF DISCIPLINE.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaTX5.0 View Post

And no leadership on the team. I can see some maybe on defense but there is absolute none on offense.

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
And no leadership on the team. I can see some maybe on defense but there is absolute none on offense.
That's not true at all. You mean to tell me you have never seen Romo on the sidelines tearing in to the offensive line's ass? Or Roy Williams' ass? I see it every week. Some of you people are so blinded by hate, you can't see what really goes on.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That's not true at all. You mean to tell me you have never seen Romo on the sidelines tearing in to the offensive line's ass? Or Roy Williams' ass? I see it every week. Some of you people are so blinded by hate, you can't see what really goes on.
I don't see that at all. Then again I have only watch 2 1/2 cowboy games this year. I mean I have seen it in the past a couple of times but nothing like what a true leader does. I mean watch Manning, Brady, Brees. They don't just talk to the o-line they get the starting offense over in a corner and talk to everyone at once. What a true leader does. Romo is a good QB and there has been time he is a great QB but in my eyes and I bet a lot of eyes he is not a true leader.

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Who's tearing into Romo's ass? The coaching staff should be, but they can't even seem to get a handle on clock management or an ungodly amount of penalties. To me, they just seem like a hectic, disorganized bunch.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Who's tearing into Romo's ass?
I don't think anyone is. And I'm not so quick to say that they should be. You can go back and look at every interception thrown so far this season, and the majority of them were tipped balls. Yes, there were a few that were just flat out bad reads (it happens, see Brees' performance this weekend), but I'd bet 3-1 were tipped balls to bad reads. IMO, Ray Sherman needs to do a better job with the receivers, coaching them to knock them down instead of tipping them up. That's a critical part of being a receiver. We learned that shit in Jr High ball. If you can't catch it, knock it out of the air.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Kind of irrelevant but my 83 year old grandma told me today that Romo has got to go. Lol!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Kind of irrelevant but my 83 year old grandma told me today that Romo has got to go. Lol!!
You do realize that Sean Peyton was HEAVILY pursuing this QB that is so fucking terrible, right? He tried his damndest to take Romo with him when he went to NO.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think anyone is. And I'm not so quick to say that they should be. You can go back and look at every interception thrown so far this season, and the majority of them were tipped balls. Yes, there were a few that were just flat out bad reads (it happens, see Brees' performance this weekend), but I'd bet 3-1 were tipped balls to bad reads. IMO, Ray Sherman needs to do a better job with the receivers, coaching them to knock them down instead of tipping them up. That's a critical part of being a receiver. We learned that shit in Jr High ball. If you can't catch it, knock it out of the air.
Was the rest of my post disregarded on purpose? I hold Tony at least partly responsible for really shitty time management, and that feeling of "panic".

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
You do realize that Sean Peyton was HEAVILY pursuing this QB that is so fucking terrible, right? He tried his damndest to take Romo with him when he went to NO.
Didn't have a clue.... I think how it worked out is fine with me. Wonder if the Saints would have a super bowl ring with Romo under center instead of Brees.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
And how does he feel now? He's like,"Damn...I almost really fucked up!" LOL!

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Didn't have a clue.... I think how it worked out is fine with me. Wonder if the Saints would have a super bowl ring with Romo under center instead of Brees.
Brees looked worse than Romo did last Sunday.

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Brees looked worse than Romo did last Sunday.
I didn't get to watch the game but from what I've heard kind of glad I didn't.

I'd still take Drew Brees over Tony Romo 365 days out of the year.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

They could have won that SB last year with David Garrard under center, IMO. So yes... You can throw any QB with accuracy on that team, and succeed. Payton is the master of the mismatch. When you coach with that style, and have able players, you don't need a superstar.

Yeah, Payton was hard and heavy after him, but Jerry wouldn't let him go. In fact, Payton is the reason the Cowboys signed Romo to begin with. He saw what Romo had, could do, couldn't do, etc. I'll say it right now, Romo under Payton's direction and play calling would be unfuckingstoppable. He would be held with as high of a regard as Brees, Manning, and Brady.
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 AM
CEO of......

Quote:

I just find it amazing that you're able to type all of that out while jerking off Romo
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Was the rest of my post disregarded on purpose?
Nope. Just not much to say. I agree. I have no confidence at all in the leader of this offense, Jason Garrett. He has no clock management skills, no discipline, no accountability, etc. This is nothing new. It's been this way since he took over. He's a shitty coach, plain and simple.

Quote:
I hold Tony at least partly responsible for really shitty time management, and that feeling of "panic".
I don't. Romo is one of the best there is under the 2:00 drill. He manages games well. You don't get that way with shitty clock management. He can't be blamed for the false starts, etc. That's on each individual player.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I didn't get to watch the game but from what I've heard kind of glad I didn't.

I'd still take Drew Brees over Tony Romo 365 days out of the year.
Brees is definitely "proven". I'd keep him, too.

post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
I just find it amazing that you're able to type all of that out while jerking off Romo
I'm not jerking the guy off. I'm stating facts. Go watch the tape. He has made plenty of mistakes, just as everyone else does. But these guys are talking about him like he's Derek fucking Anderson, who just got benched in favor of a no name rookie. That's a far cry from the truth. There are 10+ teams in the NFL that would kill to have Romo. But yeah, he's just awful. Give me a fucking break.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
They could have won that SB last year with David Garrard under center, IMO. So yes... You can throw any QB with accuracy on that team, and succeed. Payton is the master of the mismatch. When you coach with that style, and have able players, you don't need a superstar.
I don't know about all of that now... But it's taken a whole lot of time to build that team, four years at least. They could have done it in 2006 when they lost to the Bears but the defense was no where near what it needed to be. Yes, Sean Peyton is a fucking genius though when it comes down to coaching and I do believe you're right Romo would fair a whole lot better then what he is doing in Dallas under JG.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Now that's funny!

post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
I'm not jerking the guy off. I'm stating facts. Go watch the tape. He has made plenty of mistakes, just as everyone else does. But these guys are talking about him like he's Derek fucking Anderson, who just got benched in favor of a no name rookie. That's a far cry from the truth. There are 10+ teams in the NFL that would kill to have Romo. But yeah, he's just awful. Give me a fucking break.

LOL, i understand. My opinion, when the game is on the line, Romo is not the QB you want leading your team down the field
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There are a lot more than 10 teams that would kill to have Romo.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing these dumbasses tell me he has to go. Really? You want Romo out of here? Do you know who his backup is? Do you not remember the QB carousel that came through Dallas after Aikman retired and continued until Romo was promoted to the starter in 2006? He's easily the 6th or 7th best QB in the league. The problems surrounding this team are mostly unrelated to QB play.

Jay Ratliff, Brooking, Witten, Romo, and Choice are all very vocal leaders. The leadership excuse is getting tired.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Retired Gun

You say you are sick of hearing the Romo haters and are quick to lay blame somewhere else. I am sick of the Roy Williams haters when essentially he is one of the best possession receivers in the game. Roll every tape back for the last couple of years and watch the balls thrown in his direction. 9 out of 10 were not put in front of him. Most of them are at his feet or behind Roy. You expect him to give up his body over the middle every play with a bad pass thrown in his direction. The plays he makes are when his talent allows him to do so. Roy makes Romo...not the other way around. Actually...Jason, Miles, Roy, and the ex-cowboy Creighton make Romo!! If I had the video recording of the analyst(including Keyshawn Johnson) i would attach it as they did in fact roll the tapes of the afore mentioned and completely discredited the Roy haters. Romo is to blame...his replacement needs to be sought in the near future. At the very least I would want a QB that is 100% emotional and is not all smiles. It is hard to swallow to see that dumb look on his face after a miscue followed shortly by a smile. Geez...get pissed off, review the play, and get back out there and get after it. Maybe the carelessness attitude will disappear and the rest of the team will get fired up and perform to their ability. There is no leadership...Whitten is the only one out there with any attitude on offense.

Also, Romo's yardage can be credited to having to throw the ball as they are constantly playing from behind. We have 3 good running backs but cannot utilize them because of time management.
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
You say you are sick of hearing the Romo haters and are quick to lay blame somewhere else. I am sick of the Roy Williams haters when essentially he is one of the best possession receivers in the game. Roll every tape back for the last couple of years and watch the balls thrown in his direction. 9 out of 10 were not put in front of him. Most of them are at his feet or behind Roy. You expect him to give up his body over the middle every play with a bad pass thrown in his direction. The plays he makes are when his talent allows him to do so. Roy makes Romo...not the other way around. Actually...Jason, Miles, Roy, and the ex-cowboy Creighton make Romo!! If I had the video recording of the analyst(including Keyshawn Johnson) i would attach it as they did in fact roll the tapes of the afore mentioned and completely discredited the Roy haters. Romo is to blame...his replacement needs to be sought in the near future. At the very least I would want a QB that is 100% emotional and is not all smiles. It is hard to swallow to see that dumb look on his face after a miscue followed shortly by a smile. Geez...get pissed off, review the play, and get back out there and get after it. Maybe the carelessness attitude will disappear and the rest of the team will get fired up and perform to their ability. There is no leadership...Whitten is the only one out there with any attitude on offense.

Also, Romo's yardage can be credited to having to throw the ball as they are constantly playing from behind. We have 3 good running backs but cannot utilize them because of time management.
Good lord I dont even know where to start.

1. Roy signed a fat $45 million contract. A lot of the drops last year were catchable balls where he simply didn't make enough effort to snag them. He's getting paid to catch everything coming his way whether its between the numbers or not. Some drops are okay but his absurd number in 2009 was not. He's done great this year though.

2. The receivers make Romo? That's hilarious, and I think Larry Fitzgerald would like to have a word with you about who's responsible for getting who the ball. His numbers have been awful since Warner left. Please go look at the tape of the receiving corps with Bledsoe under center versus Romo and try to tell me with a straight face that the WRs are making Romo look good.

3. Don't expect anyone to take your opinion seriously when you can't even spell Crayton's nor Witten's names correctly.

4. Romo is probably the LEAST careless player on the field. I promise you he spends more time practicing and watching film than any other player on the team.

5. Romo's yardage has zero to do with how often Dallas throws the ball. In fact, aside from 2010, Dallas has had one of the most balanced run/pass attacks in the league.
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
There are a lot more than 10 teams that would kill to have Romo.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing these dumbasses tell me he has to go. Really? You want Romo out of here? Do you know who his backup is? Do you not remember the QB carousel that came through Dallas after Aikman retired and continued until Romo was promoted to the starter in 2006? He's easily the 6th or 7th best QB in the league. The problems surrounding this team are mostly unrelated to QB play.

Jay Ratliff, Brooking, Witten, Romo, and Choice are all very vocal leaders. The leadership excuse is getting tired.
There's a lot more to being a leader than being "vocal". Romo runs up and down that line, and udibles his ass off until :02 show on the play-clock. IF he gets the ball snapped, anyone watching or playing the game, knows when it will happen. It's all so predictable, especially if there's a blitz on, which is most of the time. Him using every second of the play-clock takes all the guess-work out of it for the defense. Is it ALL his fault? Hell, no. I see him looking at the sideline for some type of sign, which probably comes in late.

By the way, I'm a Romo fan. I just think he could do a lot better.

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Lifer

Snapping the ball right before the play clock expires is a non-issue.
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Lifer

Just lip service to avoid anymore distractions for the team. Wade will be gone at the end of the regular season. Anyone that has followed the Cowboys over the last 15 years knows how this process works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 PM
gear jammer

Wade is as good as gone much like the Cowboys

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaTX5.0 View Post

i agree which falls under the coach
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Another guy that never played football? If you're blitzing, it gives you perfect timing.

post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Really? You sure about that? Because I know for a fact that you are wrong...
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that perhaps Roy was running sloppy routes? He's never been a crisp route runner, so this shouldn't surprise you. Romo puts the ball where the receiver is supposed to be. When the receiver isn't there, that's his problem.

Yes, Romo will occasionally hang a receiver out to dry across the middle. In some situations there is no way around it, and in some situations there is. I've seen both occur between Romo and Roy.

And best posession receiver in the game? You sure about that? I'd say you had a point, if he was still at UT. But he has never been "one of the best possession receivers in the game" since he entered the NFL. Just another UT fan that can't let go of what happened in college, and realize that college success does not equal NFL success.
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Really? You sure about that? Because I know for a fact that you are wrong...
And Coop, I don't place the blame for that on Romo. It's more of a "sideline management" issue for me.

post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
And Coop, I don't place the blame for that on Romo. It's more of a "sideline management" issue for me.

I think it's two fold. If Garrett wasn't calling shit plays, Romo wouldn't have to audible as much. But if they got out of the huddle just a few seconds earlier, and he didn't take it all the way down, it wouldn't be as much of a cluster fuck. You're absolutely right, however. He runs it down, everyone knows when the snap is coming, and the front 7 get a jump on the O Line, and get to Romo damn near every single time. Other teams have come out and flat out said it in interviews, while also saying things like "we knew what they were going to run before the play call ever came in."
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Another guy that never played football? If you're blitzing, it gives you perfect timing.
No, I've played football.

The play clock gets run down because Romo is making pre-snap reads and adjustments. I say it's a non-issue because there are few teams who aren't snapping the ball with :05 or less on the play clock these days.

Romo got sacked all of one time before the game against the Titans so it can't be that big of an issue.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Romo got sacked all of one time before the game against the Titans so it can't be that big of an issue.
Yeah, your QB running for his life isn't a big issue at all. Good thinking, Einstein.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

5. Romo's yardage has zero to do with how often Dallas throws the ball. In fact, aside from 2010, Dallas has had one of the most balanced run/pass attacks in the league.

You can leave now, as the above statement is garbage.

2009 -- 550 passing attempts (4483) vs 436 rushing attempts (2103)
2008 -- 547 (3988) vs 401 (1723)
2007 -- 531 (4920) vs 419 (1746)
2006 -- 506 vs 472 <---- THAT is a balanced offense. Coincidentally, last year of Parcells. When Garrett got here, is when the one sided bullshit began. Being a former QB, he is always pass first instead of being a run first offense, like they should be with the three headed monster. Garrett doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. My 9 yr old could call better plays than he does.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Another great Cowboys thread.
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Another great Cowboys thread.
They usually go down the shitter pretty fast.

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
They usually go down the shitter pretty fast.
It's funny. When the Cowboys are winning, none of these people have the nuts to pipe up about anything. Haters and "fans" alike.

<---Been voicing my hatred for JG since 07. You know, before it was cool to do so.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
well when the thread is started by talking about the chokeboys its already in the shitter
Case in point. This guy was nowhere to be found, last year.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Case in point. This guy was nowhere to be found, last year.
Rats come out of the woodwork to get their jab's in.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've been a fan long enough to remember the QB "controversy" between Morton and Staubach! (about the 3rd/4th grade)

I'd be a fan if Satan himself was the QB.

post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, your QB running for his life isn't a big issue at all. Good thinking, Einstein.
That's happened a lot less this year. They've moved a lot more into quick passing to let things open up downfield later in the game.

This argument is so dumb I don't even know how to address it. I've never heard someone complain that the QB is getting the ball off just before the play clock hits zero.
Find me a team that isn't snapping the ball with less than :05 on the play clock for half the plays and I'll show you a team that either can't move the ball down the field or is throwing interceptions. Also, Romo had one of the best QB ratings against the blitz of any in the league in 2009. Like I said, it's a non-issue.

Quote:
You can leave now, as the above statement is garbage.

2009 -- 550 passing attempts (4483) vs 436 rushing attempts (2103)
2008 -- 547 (3988) vs 401 (1723)
2007 -- 531 (4920) vs 419 (1746)
2006 -- 506 vs 472 <---- THAT is a balanced offense. Coincidentally, last year of Parcells. When Garrett got here, is when the one sided bullshit began. Being a former QB, he is always pass first instead of being a run first offense, like they should be with the three headed monster. Garrett doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. My 9 yr old could call better plays than he does.
45% rush/55% pass isn't balanced and is a significant difference from the 48%/52% from Parcells final year? lol ok. Whatever you say bud.

Last edited by Taylor; 10-14-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement