Did anyone call Chris Mortensen to report... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
The Medium Kabuki

Did anyone call Chris Mortensen to report...

Wade Phillips being fired?

I figured I would get up this morning and see somewhere on the interwebs where the Cowboys had fired Wade.

IMO, the Cowboys are 1-3 for 2 reasons - a.) penalties and b.) turnovers. I believe that discipline starts at the top, and since we are not getting a new owner and GM then the head coach needs to go. We need someone who can motivate them, instill a desire to succeed, and get back to basic fundamentals to eliminate penalties.

The only coach I can think of is Cowher... what are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquished
tou must think i am dumb or returded
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldecharmoy
i know what a long block is and i know what a short block is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

IIRC, it has been said that when JJ hired Jason Garrett it was because he believed him to be the future head coach of this team, so if Wade goes, he will be the one filling those shoes.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
IIRC, it has been said that when JJ hired Jason Garrett it was because he believed him to be the future head coach of this team, so if Wade goes, he will be the one filling those shoes.
Does JG as head coach help us?

Quote:
Quote:

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:14 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny c View Post
Wade Phillips being fired?

I figured I would get up this morning and see somewhere on the interwebs where the Cowboys had fired Wade.

IMO, the Cowboys are 1-3 for 2 reasons - a.) penalties and b.) turnovers. I believe that discipline starts at the top, and since we are not getting a new owner and GM then the head coach needs to go. We need someone who can motivate them, instill a desire to succeed, and get back to basic fundamentals to eliminate penalties.

The only coach I can think of is Cowher... what are your thoughts?
it's a bit too early for this talk but i'll throw in my 2 cents anyways.

the worse of the two failure outcomes would be if wade phillips gets fired mid season, which would only be due to something atrocious like a 2-7 record. that pretty much forces jerry to take action. if that does happen, jason garrett will become the interim head coach., IMO, that's worse in the long run. i dont think that happens though.

the better of the failures would be that they go 7-9 and miss the playoffs then the whole staff will be fired (well deserved at this point) after the season if the cowboys miss the playoffs.

lastly, i doubt cowher will come here but id be all for it.

i'm a bit sceptical that the cowboys will make the playoffs from what they've rolled out there so far this season but i think it's doable.
the nfc is weaker, hell the whole nfl is weaker. there is not 1 stand out team that looks amazing and everything is up for grabs. if the cowboys would have just come out in week 1 ready to play, then this wouldnt have been an issue.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
The Medium Kabuki

Just my opinion, but we need someone who commands respect. Did anyone see SF v PHI last night? Did you Singletary have that discussion with Alex Smith? Singletary was ready to pull Smith for Carr, but instead had a "conversation" with him and then Smith came out and played like an All Pro.

When one of our guys does something stupid, Wade just has that stupid expression on his face, like he is confused and doesn't know what to say. Instead of saying something he just let's it slide. We need more emotion and compassion.

Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Just my opinion, but we need someone who commands respect. Did anyone see SF v PHI last night? Did you Singletary have that discussion with Alex Smith? Singletary was ready to pull Smith for Carr, but instead had a "conversation" with him and then Smith came out and played like an All Pro.

When one of our guys does something stupid, Wade just has that stupid expression on his face, like he is confused and doesn't know what to say. Instead of saying something he just let's it slide. We need more emotion and compassion.
JJ has really limited himself on real prospects, due to the way he runs the team.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Resident Epicurean

This conversation, again?

Mid season coaching change means you are completely throwing in the towel on this season, so be careful what you wish for. Do I think there is a problem? Absolutely. Do j think the problem is Wade? No. If he fires Wade, JG will finish the season out, and considering his part of the team is the biggest problem, they will be worse off with Garrett. And there is also the problem, that if you fire Wade, you essentially have to fill three coaching spots. That can't be done (and get good candidates) mid season.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
I totally agree. It starts with Wade, he's not one of those coaches you see getting in players faces yelling at them when mistales are made.

PRIME EXAMPLE: Jenkins with 2 Pass-Interference Calls that quick...a true head coach would have pulled him to the side and gave him an ear full!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I totally agree. It starts with Wade, he's not one of those coaches you see getting in players faces yelling at them when mistales are made.

PRIME EXAMPLE: Jenkins with 2 Pass-Interference Calls that quick...a true head coach would have pulled him to the side and gave him an ear full!
No shit. Wade seems like the over protective mom worried about his players feelings.

To Wade: Fade Phillips nut up you tool your job is on the line.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

A teams performance always reflects on its leader! Wade and Romo have to go!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Worship me

Romo is a leader? Best I can tell is that he doesn't care if they win or lose. He'll still have his hat on backwards on TV, talking like he is playing Madden on Xbox.

"Oh yea, its my fault, I'll try harder next time...."

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Romo is a leader? Best I can tell is that he doesn't care if they win or lose. He'll still have his hat on backwards on TV, talking like he is playing Madden on Xbox.

"Oh yea, its my fault, I'll try harder next time...."
I agree wit your statement...........Thats why they need to get rid of both romo and wade....the QB should always lead!....him and wade have no urgency to win games!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4V View Post
I agree wit your statement...........Thats why they need to get rid of both romo and wade....the QB should always lead!....him and wade have no urgency to win games!
"Attitude reflect leadership"

I think a good coach could light a fire under Romo, but to Al P's point I'm tired of having a coach and a QB who don't care. Wade isn't emotionally invested in the team and you can see that in Romo's play. Maybe Garrett is the same way?

Either way, Romo needs to care or move on. Yes, Football is minuscule in the grand scheme of things, and I agree that losing a football game is nt something to lose your mind over. But, if you are going to take the job give it your all while you are on the field, if you are going to do it then have some pride in the results.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
A teams performance always reflects on its leader! Wade and Romo have to go!

Shut up. You're a fucking idiot if you think Romo has to go. Never post in here again.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post

Either way, Romo needs to care or move on. Yes, Football is minuscule in the grand scheme of things, and I agree that losing a football game is nt something to lose your mind over. But, if you are going to take the job give it your all while you are on the field, if you are going to do it then have some pride in the results.
Romo doesn't care? That must be why he yells at his offensive line every time they make a mistake, or gets in the receivers faces when they run the wrong routes.

I don't know where this perception came from that Romo doesn't care but it's the biggest crock of shit I've read in a while.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Shut up. You're a fucking idiot if you think Romo has to go. Never post in here again.
You dont know shit
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You dont know shit
Great job proving my appoint. I applaud your stupidity.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Lifer

Jerry wont fire a head coach mid season
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I would be shocked if Cowher ever coached for the Cowboys.

He moved to North Carolina so he could be closer to his kids and grandkids. His wife just died and I bet he feels he needs his family more than ever. Notice he isn't on TV much these days.

He'll be coaching the Panthers next season.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Dont Be Stupid

the next head coach will be john gruden, gruden has shown alot of intrest in coming here

95 gt - Work in progress...306,TFS heads,Holley systemax II,--It's Alive..After 3 years

2000 S-10 ZR2...Needs tires and a lift bad
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black50 View Post
the next head coach will be john gruden, gruden has shown alot of intrest in coming here
God I hope so. Chuckie fucking ROCKS!! I think he could take the reigns well. It all boils down to Jerry though. ANYONE who takes the position is just a puppet for Jones. He should just become Owner AND head coach, he does it anyways, everyone knows it. A lot of this lies on the team as well. They have no chemistry and they are not disciplined enough I think. Thats a big part IMO. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Chucky would be awesome for the Cowboys.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Lifer

Chucky is supposed to be some offensive mastermind yet had awful offenses year in and year out while coaching the Buccs. No thanks.

I'd rather have Leslie Frazier.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Chucky is supposed to be some offensive mastermind yet had awful offenses year in and year out while coaching the Buccs. No thanks.

I'd rather have Leslie Frazier.

Remind us, which big names, like the Cowboys have, did he have on roster with the Bucs?
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Lifer

He was there long enough to build an offensive juggernaut. He's not exactly a draft guru.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
He was there long enough to build an offensive juggernaut. He's not exactly a draft guru.
Did he even have 100% control over draft picks, free agent player signings, etc? I'm not being a smart ass, I really don't know as I didn't follow him at all.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
He doesn't have to be. Jerry has one of the best scouting departments in the league. And they have all been here long term. But like it was mentioned a few weeks ago, Chucky has a clause in his contract that says he can't leave mid season to go coach. The earliest that could take place is after this season.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
He doesn't have to be. Jerry has one of the best scouting departments in the league. And they have all been here long term. But like it was mentioned a few weeks ago, Chucky has a clause in his contract that says he can't leave mid season to go coach. The earliest that could take place is after this season.
I do have to say the scouting department is pretty good. We do have a wealth of talent IMHO. We just have no idea how to coach it. The ONLY time I listen to Randy Galloways radio show is when he has Brian Broadus on. I like how he will explain the important nuances of the game. Things people don't hear on tv or in the newspaper, technical aspects.

Chucky would not be a good fit with Jerry. There is no way they would get along.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Can't argue there. Jerry struck gold with the current scouting group and strength and conditioning coaches. Now if he could just hire coaches that know how to discipline a team and put a fucking game plan together...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement