Taylor Mays - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Taylor Mays

So what do you guys think? He did the damn thing Sunday.

blocked a punt for a touchdown in the end zone in style haha..... also led his team in tackles that game.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
If he plays for the Saints or Broncos, I could give a fuck less. I used to root for those teams, but your obnoxiousness has made that quite hard as of late.

Geor! is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
If he plays for the Saints or Broncos, I could give a fuck less. I used to root for those teams, but your obnoxiousness has made that quite hard as of late.
LOl! He plays for the 49ers..... Way to know your football buddy.

Figured you out of all people would know who that is... Safety out of USC in his rookie season for the 49ers. Michael Lewis got released that day so it was Mays first start ever.

Edit: I think your upset because of the avatar.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
LOl! He plays for the 49ers..... Way to know your football buddy.

Figured you out of all people would know who that is... Safety out of USC in his rookie season for the 49ers. Michael Lewis got released that day so it was Mays first start ever.

Edit: I think your upset because of the avatar.
I don't follow much college and what little college I do follow is definitely not USC. I also don't really care about the 49ers, so I'm not sure why I should have known who an unknown rookie playing for a team I care nothing about is.

And no, I don't mind the avatar. I'm sure there are similar pictures of John Elway out there.

Geor! is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Roy Williams looked good at a time too. Until everyone realized he runs a flat 10 seconds in the 40.
mstng86 is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I don't follow much college and what little college I do follow is definitely not USC. I also don't really care about the 49ers, so I'm not sure why I should have known who an unknown rookie playing for a team I care nothing about is.

And no, I don't mind the avatar. I'm sure there are similar pictures of John Elway out there.
Lol retired players yeah I'm sure.... Not hard to find pictures of a hall of famer.

Isn't Troy a former safety from USC?


You should really youtube this guy.... He knocks people the fuck out.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Roy Williams looked good at a time too. Until everyone realized he runs a flat 10 seconds in the 40.
Roy Williams made a impact like Mays his first game ever?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Lol retired players yeah I'm sure.... Not hard to find pictures of a hall of famer.

Isn't Troy a former safety from USC?


You should really youtube this guy.... He knocks people the fuck out.
Yes sir.

Geor! is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Roy Williams made a impact like Mays his first game ever?


I'm sure he did. They are one in the same. Mays won't succeed in the NFL just like Williams didn't, for the exact same reasons.

Sure, it will be entertaining for a few seasons watching him lay people out. But he will start getting burned on the long ball, and will start to miss tackles because all he knows how to do is deliver the big hit instead of knowing hoe to wrap up tackles.
bcoop is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm sure he did. They are one in the same. Mays won't succeed in the NFL just like Williams didn't, for the exact same reasons.

Sure, it will be entertaining for a few seasons watching him lay people out. But he will start getting burned on the long ball, and will start to miss tackles because all he knows how to do is deliver the big hit instead of knowing hoe to wrap up tackles.
Lol I'm not saying he will be a future hall of famer or anything like that..... I think you could be right about later he will get burned but for the few seasons hes healthy it should be fun to watch.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Lol I'm not saying he will be a future hall of famer or anything like that..... I think you could be right about later he will get burned but for the few seasons hes healthy it should be fun to watch.
If the kid could learn to tackle he could be a hall of famer. He just flat out doesn't wrap up, because he always leads with a shoulder. Watch his reels again. Those arms never leave his sides.
bcoop is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
If the kid could learn to tackle he could be a hall of famer. He just flat out doesn't wrap up, because he always leads with a shoulder. Watch his reels again. Those arms never leave his sides.
Oh I know... I'm not denying anything hah the guy just loves to hit.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
You like him because he's awful in coverage, takes bad angles tackling, has poor form while tackling, but he delivers really big hits?

lolz
Taylor is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
You like him because he's awful in coverage, takes bad angles tackling, has poor form while tackling, but he delivers really big hits?

lolz
Considering he led his teams in tackles with 9 solo and 2 assist and scored a touchdown which counted for 6 out of 14 points they scored the whole game. That's why I like him. Also considering that was his first NFL game. He did better then average if you ask me. He is obviously doing something right.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Orrrrr the other team just didn't have any tape on him to know how they can exploit his flaws.
Taylor is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Orrrrr the other team just didn't have any tape on him to know how they can exploit his flaws.
Whatever you say. Michael Lewis didn't even attend the game he was released upon request or something like that. Atlanta knew he was going to play. He started 50+ games at USC pretty sure they had some tapes

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:48 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I don't follow much college and what little college I do follow is definitely not USC. I also don't really care about the 49ers, so I'm not sure why I should have known who an unknown rookie playing for a team I care nothing about is.

And no, I don't mind the avatar. I'm sure there are similar pictures of John Elway out there.
I will hunt you down....You DO NOT speak of The Elway with disrespect.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I will hunt you down....You DO NOT speak of The Elway with disrespect.
Elway blows truckers for cheese fries.
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
I heard Elway blows Terrell Davis every night to pay for those super bowl wins.
mstng86 is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
He started 50+ games at USC pretty sure they had some tapes
You do know, college tape is worthless in the NFL, right? The only place it might matter, is for a qb, and even then what could be gained is relative and circumstantial. I'm just sayin...
bcoop is offline  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
You do know, college tape is worthless in the NFL, right? The only place it might matter, is for a qb, and even then what could be gained is relative and circumstantial. I'm just sayin...
What? I thought it all carried over? All those tackles and stats from college don't carry over to the NFL? huh, interesting.
mstng86 is offline  
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Well there is always 4 preseason games to look at.

and yes I do know that.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Hey mstng86 how much of bcoops cock can you fit in your mouth? I'm willing to bet the whole thing.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Hey mstng86 how much of bcoops cock can you fit in your mouth? I'm willing to bet the whole thing.
None, but I hear Brandon Marshall, and the entire saints and broncos team have your number on speed dial for a quickie.
mstng86 is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
None, but I hear Brandon Marshall, and the entire saints and broncos team have your number on speed dial for a quickie.
Great come back! Well when you're done holding bcoops cock and ready to make your own remarks let me know.


Edit: sure are right though I'll stay with Denver & New Orleans any day of the week.

I guess the same could be said for you and the Dallas Cowboys I assume?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Great come back! Well when you're done holding bcoops cock and ready to make your own remarks let me know.

Edit: sure are right though I'll stay with Denver & New Orleans any day of the week.

I guess the same could be said for you and the Dallas Cowboys I assume
I make my own comments on a regular basis. Not sure what your point is. Don't get pissy with me when half the board takes shots at your logic and opinion.

And no, I see my team for what they are. I will give the honest truth on how I see it. I don't follow blindly and assume they are better than everyone else.
mstng86 is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I make my own comments on a regular basis. Not sure what your point is. Don't get pissy with me when half the board takes shots at your logic and opinion.

And no, I see my team for what they are. I will give the honest truth on how I see it. I don't follow blindly and assume they are better than everyone else.
Really? Aren't you one of the ones that claimed Cowboys would be in the super bowl this year? Must have got you mistaken with someone else.

Win or lose I'm always going to claim by team is better. Just sayin'


Who's taking shots? Lol I speak of what I know and hey some people disagree I don't care doesn't make me stupid. Your logic is nonsense. You just go along with what someone else says I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about half of the time.

Of course this is my personal opinion of you. Doesn't mean it's right. Get it?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Really? Aren't you one of the ones that claimed Cowboys would be in the super bowl this year? Must have got you mistaken with someone else.

Win or lose I'm always going to claim by team is better. Just sayin'


Who's taking shots? Lol I speak of what I know and hey some people disagree I don't care doesn't make me stupid. Your logic is nonsense. You just go along with what someone else says I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about half of the time.

Of course this is my personal opinion of you. Doesn't mean it's right. Get it?
I am pretty sure I have never said they are going to the Super Bowl. I would never make that statement, no matter how good they are. I just don't throw that kind of stuff out there. I watch, cheer, and criticize in timely fashions.

Everytime you come into a thread and state something, someone says your wrong in some form or fashion. There is nothing wrong with my logic. I think you have selective comprehension or reading. I think I know plenty about what I talk about. By no means does that mean I think I know everything, because I sure as hell don't. But I like to think I have watched football long enough to have an opinoin.

You have your personal opinion, and I have mine. And it just so happens, most of the time mine and bcoops are the same. You and I just look at football differently, in every aspect.
mstng86 is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I am pretty sure I have never said they are going to the Super Bowl. I would never make that statement, no matter how good they are. I just don't throw that kind of stuff out there. I watch, cheer, and criticize in timely fashions.

Everytime you come into a thread and state something, someone says your wrong in some form or fashion. There is nothing wrong with my logic. I think you have selective comprehension or reading. I think I know plenty about what I talk about. By no means does that mean I think I know everything, because I sure as hell don't. But I like to think I have watched football long enough to have an opinoin.

You have your personal opinion, and I have mine. And it just so happens, most of the time mine and bcoops are the same. You and I just look at football differently, in every aspect.
Guess so. Although just fyi we're both 37-24 for the record. Guess we have some sort of the same logic.

That's what I get for coming onto a Dallas based forum representing Broncos and Saints.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Guess so. Although just fyi we're both 37-24 for the record. Guess we have some sort of the same logic.

That's what I get for coming onto a Dallas based forum representing Broncos and Saints.
So who actually is in the lead overall?
mstng86 is offline  
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
So who actually is in the lead overall?
40 - 21 WisH4SvTs
37 - 24 IDAjeff
37 - 24 CJ-95GT
37 - 24 mstng86
33 - 28 Kenny_stang
32 - 29 kenny c
31 - 21 sean88gt


Just a few. We need to catch up this week ha.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
meh that is all pretty close. There were at least 5 upsets that killed me this week. it will all work out by the end of the year.
mstng86 is offline  
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Jeff, if you knew that, then why say what you said, like it had any significance?


I didn't put my picks up for week 1, so I won't be winning this thing. Unless y'all turn out to be just that bad, but it's hard to make up a full week worth of picks.
bcoop is offline  
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Jeff, if you knew that, then why say what you said, like it had any significance?


I didn't put my picks up for week 1, so I won't be winning this thing. Unless y'all turn out to be just that bad, but it's hard to make up a full week worth of picks.
Bcoop I still have your pics so ill keep it posted along with everyone else? If I knew what? Sorry bunch of conversations in this thread.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome