Terrible Games - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Terrible Games

NFL needs to do something to shake things up. There wasn't a single good game on all weekend. The Giants vs Bears game was fucking awful. That was easily the worst game I've seen in my life. I've seen pee wee games that were far more entertaining than it was.


Baltimore vs Pittsburgh was the best this weekend, but even it was painful to watch.

I want to know what goddamn genius came out and said, "Hey, let's do a Giants vs Bears matchup for a Sunday night prime time game. That will be awesome!" They are fucking killing me here.
bcoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
NFL needs to do something to shake things up. There wasn't a single good game on all weekend. The Giants vs Bears game was fucking awful. That was easily the worst game I've seen in my life. I've seen pee wee games that were far more entertaining than it was.


Baltimore vs Pittsburgh was the best this weekend, but even it was painful to watch.

I want to know what goddamn genius came out and said, "Hey, let's do a Giants vs Bears matchup for a Sunday night prime time game. That will be awesome!" They are fucking killing me here.
I agree.... Some of these games are awfully hard to watch.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Meh, they are trying to stick to the traditional matchups from the early 20th century. Trying to keep the rivalry of the giants and bears etc.

I don't really know how they can shake things up.

What was painful was watching Mendenhal run. He hit a wall everytime he got to the line.
mstng86 is offline  
 
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
NFL needs to do something to shake things up. There wasn't a single good game on all weekend. The Giants vs Bears game was fucking awful. That was easily the worst game I've seen in my life. I've seen pee wee games that were far more entertaining than it was.


Baltimore vs Pittsburgh was the best this weekend, but even it was painful to watch.

I want to know what goddamn genius came out and said, "Hey, let's do a Giants vs Bears matchup for a Sunday night prime time game. That will be awesome!" They are fucking killing me here.
Do you really think who comes up with the scheduling knows how good a game or the teams will be each year. Did you say that when the cowboys and redskins played each other the first sunday night? That was a pathetic game to watch also.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Meh, they are trying to stick to the traditional matchups from the early 20th century. Trying to keep the rivalry of the giants and bears etc.

I don't really know how they can shake things up.

What was painful was watching Mendenhal run. He hit a wall everytime he got to the line.


I don't care about the matchups, what I care about is what they choose to show and when. Baltimore and Pittsburgh should have been the Sunday night game, not a noon game. When I used to be a season ticket holder, games would get moved around for start times. This needs to happen more, so as to keep the enthusiasts happy. Without fans, there is no NFL.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
I will add though, days like yesterday, make me thankful I bit the bullet and ordered NFL RedZone. I have FiOS, and they charge $50 for the season. MUCH more affordable than Sunday Ticket, and for me, Sunday Ticket wasn't even an option. Well worth looking in to, to see if it's available from your provider.
bcoop is offline  
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I don't care about the matchups, what I care about is what they choose to show and when. Baltimore and Pittsburgh should have been the Sunday night game, not a noon game. When I used to be a season ticket holder, games would get moved around for start times. This needs to happen more, so as to keep the enthusiasts happy. Without fans, there is no NFL.
I agree with that. I do think they should have some type of flex schedule as the season progresses. I don't want to see Atlanta and San Francisco on a monday night game in week 15. Maybe it is all about revenue sharing. I dunno.
mstng86 is offline  
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I will add though, days like yesterday, make me thankful I bit the bullet and ordered NFL RedZone. I have FiOS, and they charge $50 for the season. MUCH more affordable than Sunday Ticket, and for me, Sunday Ticket wasn't even an option. Well worth looking in to, to see if it's available from your provider.
What does it really show? I have the option, but I figured it wasn't worth the money.

The real question is, would my wife be able to handle me seeing MORE football on sunday?
mstng86 is offline  
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What does it really show? I have the option, but I figured it wasn't worth the money.

The real question is, would my wife be able to handle me seeing MORE football on sunday?
Just tell your wife the same thing I told mine. She gets the big screen during the week as long as I get it on saturday's and sunday's.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What does it really show? I have the option, but I figured it wasn't worth the money.

The real question is, would my wife be able to handle me seeing MORE football on sunday?
They switch from game to game, as things are happening. For instance, when a team gets in the RedZone, they'll switch to that game, when a timeout is taken, they will switch to another game, etc. They pitch it as you get to see all touchdowns as they happen, and for the most part, you do. Occasionally one team will score on a long pass while another is rushing one in from the 3 yard line, so there is a slight delay, but they always try to switch any time someone gets a turnover, gets in the redzone, etc. Then, after the ending of the 3 pm games, they do a recap for the day and replay every touchdown that was scored that Sunday. They also do a lot of split screens, where they will show 4 games going at once, etc. And just FYI, for the last two seasons, just like DirecTV does free Sunday Ticket for the first Sunday, so does NFLRZ. That way you can check it out before you commit. I'd go ahead and get it, though. I think it's fucking awesome, really.
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Lifer
 
SMKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: highland village
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
NFL needs to do something to shake things up. There wasn't a single good game on all weekend. The Giants vs Bears game was fucking awful. That was easily the worst game I've seen in my life. I've seen pee wee games that were far more entertaining than it was.


Baltimore vs Pittsburgh was the best this weekend, but even it was painful to watch.

I want to know what goddamn genius came out and said, "Hey, let's do a Giants vs Bears matchup for a Sunday night prime time game. That will be awesome!" They are fucking killing me here.
I agree on the Bears last night, wow it was putrid.

I will say though, I miss the rams of '99 and Pats of '07. I miss the high flying, lights out offensive shootouts. Pitt vs Balt was the best there was, and even I was looking forward to the Redzone channel getting off that game.
SMKR is offline  
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
NFL needs to do something to shake things up. There wasn't a single good game on all weekend. The Giants vs Bears game was fucking awful. That was easily the worst game I've seen in my life. I've seen pee wee games that were far more entertaining than it was.


Baltimore vs Pittsburgh was the best this weekend, but even it was painful to watch.

I want to know what goddamn genius came out and said, "Hey, let's do a Giants vs Bears matchup for a Sunday night prime time game. That will be awesome!" They are fucking killing me here.
If you didn't like the Bears/Giants game then I can't wait to hear what you think about next Sunday nights game.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
i thought there was some good games this weekend

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
Cincinnati vs. Cleveland
Tennessee vs. Denver
Atlanta vs. San Fran
INdy vs. Jac

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
If you didn't like the Bears/Giants game then I can't wait to hear what you think about next Monday nights game.
Jets vs Dykes? I think that will be a decent game, actually. If Revis is still out, Minnesota wins.
bcoop is offline  
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
i thought there was some good games this weekend

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
Cincinnati vs. Cleveland
Tennessee vs. Denver
Atlanta vs. San Fran
INdy vs. Jac

None of those were shown on the networks here, except for the first game. And quite honestly, the games you listed with the exception of BAL vs PIT shouldn't have been good games at all.


Cleveland should have been blown out by Cincy. Tennessee should have blown out Denver. Atlanta should have blown out SF. Indy should have blown out Jacksonville. In fact, the ones you listed are the ones that killed my picks this week.
bcoop is offline  
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
I actually edited my post after I realized I put Monday instead of Sunday. Eagles/49ers.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
None of those were shown on the networks here, except for the first game. And quite honestly, the games you listed with the exception of BAL vs PIT shouldn't have been good games at all.


Cleveland should have been blown out by Cincy. Tennessee should have blown out Denver. Atlanta should have blown out SF. Indy should have blown out Jacksonville. In fact, the ones you listed are the ones that killed my picks this week.
tellz da truf. Everyone of those was an upset, in my eyes.
mstng86 is offline  
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
I actually edited my post after I realized I put Monday instead of Sunday. Eagles/49ers.
Yeah, that one's going to suck, but I'll watch to see what Philly does/doesn't do. I'm picking the Niners at this point, but if Vick plays Philly will run away with it.
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
None of those were shown on the networks here, except for the first game. And quite honestly, the games you listed with the exception of BAL vs PIT shouldn't have been good games at all.


Cleveland should have been blown out by Cincy. Tennessee should have blown out Denver. Atlanta should have blown out SF. Indy should have blown out Jacksonville. In fact, the ones you listed are the ones that killed my picks this week.
Why do you say that? I think Denver has been playing well compared to Tennessee.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Why do you say that?
Because Denver sucks?
bcoop is offline  
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Everyone is inconsistent this year, and it's kind of awesome because it keeps Dallas's playoff hopes alive.
Taylor is offline  
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Because Denver sucks?
You're not really giving me an explanation as to why Denver was suppose to lose that game. I don't think you have a real reason.

Denver is 1st in pass offense in the league yet last in rush offense.

Denver is 12th in the league for rushing defense while Tennessee is 9th in rushing offense.

We all know how good Tennessee's passing offense is.... Non existent. Denver has a great backfield in Champ Bailey and Dawkins but aside from them most are rookies and inexperienced but they are all talented. Perrish Cox is a going to surprise a lot of people.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
You're not really giving me an explanation as to why Denver was suppose to lose that game. I don't think you have a real reason.

Denver is 1st in pass offense in the league yet last in rush offense.

Denver is 12th in the league for rushing defense while Tennessee is 9th in rushing offense.

We all know how good Tennessee's passing offense is.... Non existent
They sound to me like a team that is constantly having to throw the ball to catch up in games.
mstng86 is offline  
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
You're not really giving me an explanation as to why Denver was suppose to lose that game. I don't think you have a real reason.

Denver is 1st in pass offense in the league yet last in rush offense.

Denver is 12th in the league for rushing defense while Tennessee is 9th in rushing offense.

We all know how good Tennessee's passing offense is.... Non existent
Denver's D is lacking, and Tennesee's run game is great. Typically, when a bad defense is playing a good run game, it allows the team with the run game to control the clock. When you control the clock, you win games.
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
They sound to me like a team that is constantly having to throw the ball to catch up in games.
And Tennessee? They sound like a team that relies on defense and they're rushing game to keep the opponents offense off the field.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
They sound to me like a team that is constantly having to throw the ball to catch up in games.
Exactly. And I'd have to look, but they had a great week passing last week, or they wouldn't even be top 10 in ANY offensive category.
bcoop is offline  
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
And Tennessee? They sound like a team that relies on defense and they're rushing game to keep the opponents offense off the field.
Your point? Some of the most successful teams in the league rely on defense, and a running game. It's all about clock control.


Look at Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.

Being able to pass doesn't make you good.
bcoop is offline  
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Exactly. And I'd have to look, but they had a great week passing last week, or they wouldn't even be top 10 in ANY offensive category.
Kyle Orton has had a great passing week every week so far.... Brandon Lloyd has gone over 110+ receiving yards in 3 out of 4 weeks so far. I want to say he might lead the league with 454 yards. Not 100% positive about that though.

I just checked and the only receiver in Brandons league right now is Reggie Wyane with 455 yards receiving....

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Your point? Some of the most successful teams in the league rely on defense, and a running game. It's all about clock control.


Look at Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.

Being able to pass doesn't make you good.
That's not what I'm trying to imply. Tennessee needs a lot of work IMO.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Kyle Orton has had a great passing week every week so far.... Brandon Lloyd has gone over 110+ receiving yards in 3 out of 4 weeks so far. I want to say he might lead the league with 454 yards. Not 100% positive about that though.
What is your point? Yea, they can throw the ball. But there is a reason there numbers are inflated. When the offense is out of balance like they are, things don't seem to go well.

Same can be said for the cowboys. They have great numbers in the passing game, because they haven't controlled the game with the running game.
mstng86 is offline  
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What is your point? Yea, they can throw the ball. But there is a reason there numbers are inflated. When the offense is out of balance like they are, things don't seem to go well.

Same can be said for the cowboys. They have great numbers in the passing game, because they haven't controlled the game with the running game.

Yep. IDAJeff hasn't figured out that when you are always down, you have to pass the ball every down to catch up or keep from getting blown out.


Jeff, do you need a Football for Dummies book? I'll buy you one, if you promise not to post until you are done reading it.
bcoop is offline  
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What is your point? Yea, they can throw the ball. But there is a reason there numbers are inflated. When the offense is out of balance like they are, things don't seem to go well.

Same can be said for the cowboys. They have great numbers in the passing game, because they haven't controlled the game with the running game.
True.


I was just curious as to why Denver beating Tennessee would have been considered an upset. Denver ripped up that Tennessee defense....... Held Johnson to 53 yards rushing and 11 yards receiving.

Denver's run game is horrible though especially with Moreno out of the game... No way in hell when you have Kyle Orton as a quarterback should he have more rushing yards then the two running backs on the team.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
I'll actually give Orton a little credit, FWIW. I thought Denver was stupid for trading Cutler for him, but they apparently saw a lot more than I did as Orton is way better than Cutler, IMHO. And that's with neither team having any kind of running game.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
I'll actually give Orton a little credit, FWIW. I thought Denver was stupid for trading Cutler for him, but they apparently saw a lot more than I did as Orton is way better than Cutler, IMHO. And that's with neither team having any kind of running game.
Orton is definitely better than Cutler, but he's still a third tier QB IMO.
bcoop is offline  
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
It's up & down. Orton has his advantages same with Cutler.

I still believe Denver should have kept Cutler, Marshall & Schefftler as well as Mike Shanahan.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
It's up & down. Orton has his advantages same with Cutler.

I still believe Denver should have kept Cutler, Marshall & Schefftler as well as Mike Shanahan.
What are the advantages of Cutler? Getting sacked 9 times in the first half?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
What are the advantages of Cutler? Getting sacked 9 times in the first half?
His offensive line for one... Was he getting that many sacs when he was with Denver? I don't think so. Ryan Clady is one of the best offensive lineman in the game right now.


I think Cutlers arm is a whole lot stronger then Orton yet Orton is a lot more accurate. Just one thing that comes to mind.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
His offensive line for one... Was he getting that many sacs when he was with Denver? I don't think so. Ryan Clady is one of the best offensive lineman in the game right now.


I think Cutlers arm is a whole lot stronger then Orton yet Orton is a lot more accurate. Just one thing that comes to mind.
There is no upside to Cutler. Yes, his arm is stronger, but it's not nearly as accurate. Seems every time he goes deep he gets picked. Cutler has no business playing in the NFL.
bcoop is offline  
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
There is no upside to Cutler. Yes, his arm is stronger, but it's not nearly as accurate. Seems every time he goes deep he gets picked. Cutler has no business playing in the NFL.
But but, he made the pro bowl in 2008.
mstng86 is offline  
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
There is no upside to Cutler. Yes, his arm is stronger, but it's not nearly as accurate. Seems every time he goes deep he gets picked. Cutler has no business playing in the NFL.
I wouldn't go and say all of that now.... I can think of plenty of quarterbacks starting right now that Cutler is IMO better then.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I wouldn't go and say all of that now.... I can think of plenty of quarterbacks starting right now that Cutler is IMO better then.

If your list consists of Derek Anderson, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc, then I agree fully, but that still doesn't mean Cutler belongs in the NFL. It just means the people on your list don't belong there, either.
bcoop is offline  
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
If your list consists of Derek Anderson, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc, then I agree fully, but that still doesn't mean Cutler belongs in the NFL. It just means the people on your list don't belong there, either.
I still think you're wrong.... Cutler can definitely make it in the NFL.


His three years in Denver he looked pretty great and was an improving quarterback. He want from getting sac'd 11 times his final season with Denver to 35 sacks for his first season with Chicago... I mean you wonder why he throws so many pics in the first place. I'd say it's because of his offensive line, he can't even look up the field and find a receiver because he is too busy watching his own damn back.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I still think you're wrong.... Cutler can definitely make it in the NFL.


His three years in Denver he looked pretty great and was an improving quarterback. He want from getting sac'd 11 times his final season with Denver to 35 sacks for his first season with Chicago... I mean you wonder why he throws so many pics in the first place. I'd say it's because of his offensive line, he can't even look up the field and find a receiver because he is too busy watching his own damn back.
How has he improved? He has had more interceptions every year.
5
14
18
26
he is at 3 right now.
mstng86 is offline  
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
How has he improved? He has had more interceptions every year.
5
14
18
26
he is at 3 right now.
His logic makes no sense. If he was getting better every year, then why did Denver get rid of him? I know the answer, you know the answer, but he won't ever admit to the real answer.


Watch, Jeff. Cutler will be in the UFL or CFL in no time.
bcoop is offline  
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
His logic makes no sense. If he was getting better every year, then why did Denver get rid of him? I know the answer, you know the answer, but he won't ever admit to the real answer.


Watch, Jeff. Cutler will be in the UFL or CFL in no time.
K, I'll keep on watching... You couldn't be any more wrong though. Honestly he got cut because problems with Josh not because of his play.


Also mstng86 is that all you're counting is interceptions? I mean if you really would love to go that route he has improved his touchdown numbers every year. You're fucking stupid.

FYI I was only talking about him improving while at Denver.... He fucking sucked last year.


TD/INT ratio
9/5
20/14
25/18
27/26

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
K, I'll keep on watching... You couldn't be any more wrong though. Honestly he got cut because problems with Josh not because of his play.
lmfao. Ok buddy. Yep, it had absolutely nothing to do with his lack of play, and was all about attitude. You know it all.
bcoop is offline  
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
lmfao. Ok buddy. Yep, it had absolutely nothing to do with his lack of play, and was all about attitude. You know it all.
Okay bcoop I'm wrong and you're right? Is that right for you? Lmao you act like you're never wrong. I don't think Cutler is the greatest thing to ever happen to football at all. I just stated that if things went smooth in Denver he was improving and if you can't realize that you're retarded.




Cutler will prove you wrong bcoop that's all I'm saying. I guarantee another 5 years in the NFL unless he gets seriously injured.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Okay bcoop I'm wrong and you're right?

In this instance, yes. I'm right and you're wrong. It was a combination of Cutler sucking, and acting like a titty baby. If Cutler was worth a shit, McDaniels would have put up with more shit from him. But since he sucks, it wasn't worth putting up with.








Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Cutler will prove you wrong bcoop that's all I'm saying. I guarantee another 5 years in the NFL unless he gets seriously injured.

You just think it's impossible for your precious Broncos, or Saints to have anyone on the team that is a complete and total bust. Open your eyes, man. Cutler is fucking awful. And unfortunately for the rest of us, this includes players that played for Denver or New Orleans for any insignificant amount of time.
bcoop is offline  
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
In this instance, yes. I'm right and you're wrong. It was a combination of Cutler sucking, and acting like a titty baby. If Cutler was worth a shit, McDaniels would have put up with more shit from him. But since he sucks, it wasn't worth putting up with.

You just think it's impossible for your precious Broncos, or Saints to have anyone on the team that is a complete and total bust. Open your eyes, man. Cutler is fucking awful. And unfortunately for the rest of us, this includes players that played for Denver or New Orleans for any insignificant amount of time.
You've got no idea. You're clueless. Stick with Cowboys football talk it's what you think you know best anyways.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
You've got no idea. You're clueless. Stick with Cowboys football talk it's what you think you know best anyways.
lmao. You're the whipping post of this forum, and everyone that posts in here agrees, but I'm clueless? Stick to your day job, buddy.
bcoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome