Figured I would brag a bit more... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Figured I would brag a bit more...

My son's baseball team (9U Elite) played in a tournament this past weekend. My son pitched a no-hitter/shut-out with 15Ks. This win got us to the championship game where he hit a walk-off HR to win it. Needless to say I am very proud and all the hard work he puts in is paying off...we got in a bind during the championship game and the coach wanted to put him back on the mound but I said no...he threw 80 pitches the day before so I wasnt about to let him pitch again the next day. We could have won the final game without playing because the team that was winning the game that we were supposed to play the winner of had 3 ten year old kids playing with them as pick-up players. The thing is, those 3 kids all played on our 10U Elite team and they were playing in a 9U tourny...the damn coach even had fake birth certificates! I hate cheaters and called them on it during the game. The kids didnt lie when asked about their names and ages and they had to forfeit...other parents were pissed and tried to vent on me but I put them in their place in front of God and everyone...they packed their shit and rolled out! The team we ended up playing was actually the best team in the tourny and if we would have let the game finish then the other team couldnt protest and then we could after the game started and we would win by default...but it isnt about winning. Its about the boys playing it out on the field and determining the best team. It was us that night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Nice, congrats to your son.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
My son struck out Albert Pujos on 3 straight pitches while throwing with the wrong hand and hit a home run off of Nolan Ryan back in 1972 to win the World Series

If you have nothing positive to say about an 8yr old's achievements, then please refrain from posting. Thanks.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

That's awesome man. You did the right thing.

Big Studly- WTF???
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
If you have nothing positive to say about an 8yr old's achievements, then please refrain from posting. Thanks.
He has been and always will be a grade-a asshole. Sometimes I laugh though, honestly. Not this time.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM
African Booty Scratcher

NICE! you must be proud!

god bless.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Lifer

Congrats to the kiddo man, I remember being that age playing football. Having a good season is great for a kids self esteem. Best of luck to you guys.

Also it would be bad ass to see him in the little league world series one year.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Don't mind him. He's a complete failure at life, and likes to take it out on everyone else. He also thinks competition is bad for kids, so his son plays Y ball where they don't keep score, so they can all feel like winners. Lmao
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I just think that it is rather juvenile to project your insecurities on a thread about an 8yr old and a proud dad. But, its the internet and respect and common decency go out the window.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
My son's baseball team (9U Elite) played in a tournament this past weekend. My son pitched a no-hitter/shut-out with 15Ks. This win got us to the championship game where he hit a walk-off HR to win it. Needless to say I am very proud and all the hard work he puts in is paying off...we got in a bind during the championship game and the coach wanted to put him back on the mound but I said no...he threw 80 pitches the day before so I wasnt about to let him pitch again the next day. We could have won the final game without playing because the team that was winning the game that we were supposed to play the winner of had 3 ten year old kids playing with them as pick-up players. The thing is, those 3 kids all played on our 10U Elite team and they were playing in a 9U tourny...the damn coach even had fake birth certificates! I hate cheaters and called them on it during the game. The kids didnt lie when asked about their names and ages and they had to forfeit...other parents were pissed and tried to vent on me but I put them in their place in front of God and everyone...they packed their shit and rolled out! The team we ended up playing was actually the best team in the tourny and if we would have let the game finish then the other team couldnt protest and then we could after the game started and we would win by default...but it isnt about winning. Its about the boys playing it out on the field and determining the best team. It was us that night!

SOLID!!!

Congrats, man! That's awesome!

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 AM
May the Force be w/you

Very nice Dr. Dave! Solid barg!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Lifer

There's nothing wrong with being proud of our kids, but I've seen a shit-load of parents living vicariously through their kids' actions or achievements. After all, they're just kids. If you googled my oldest daughter's name, you would think she played in the World Cup of soccer. She was an exceptional player from age 5 through college, and now she's simply a young wife/mom and high school chemistry teacher. I miss watching her play almost every day. Enjoy it and cherish it, but try to keep it in perspective.

*off the pulpit*

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement