Wade phillips firing rumor - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Wade phillips firing rumor

Seems as if you can take this guys creditability how you see fit... but what if he's right?

http://prosportsblogging.com/nfl-foo...wade-phillips/

"I am told that if the Cowboys lose to the Houston Texans on Sunday that Jones won’t hesitate in firing Phillips... Regardless, of what happens in Houston this Sunday, Jones needs to fire Phillips if he hopes to have his team in the playoffs come January. I for one truly believe one of the 4 names I have mentioned will be wearing that Star on their hat come early next week. "

I don't think its a good idea, but we'll see where this shit goes.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Lifer

i just heard this on the radio. If I was Jerry I would fire Wade and make Jason Garrett head coach so that way we can answer the questions on is Garrett a head coach.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Do it, put Garrett in control. I can't wait to watch the certain implosion to follow.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Rumor has it that Jerry has already contacted Gruden.

Gruden has stated that if he comes back, he wants to come to a team that already has an established QB. So Dallas would fit that bill.

I don't think that Wade is the problem. Jason Garrett is the biggest issue I have with the coaching staff. So personally, I think they only need to hire an OC.

Wade won't take a demotion to DC, so if he fires Wade he's going to have to replace Wade, Garrett, and hire a DC.
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Do it, put Garrett in control. I can't wait to watch the certain implosion to follow.
I think its certain that Garrett would implode lol

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
i just heard this on the radio. If I was Jerry I would fire Wade and make Jason Garrett head coach so that way we can answer the questions on is Garrett a head coach.
What's this we shit? You're a fucking Rams fan.

Jason Garrett can't even run a high powered offense. What the FUCK makes you think he can run an entire team?
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Rumor has it that Jerry has already contacted Gruden.

Gruden has stated that if he comes back, he wants to come to a team that already has an established QB. So Dallas would fit that bill.

I don't think that Wade is the problem. Jason Garrett is the biggest issue I have with the coaching staff. So personally, I think they only need to hire an OC.

Wade won't take a demotion to DC, so if he fires Wade he's going to have to replace Wade, Garrett, and hire a DC.
I am not seeing a problem.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I am not seeing a problem.
Again, Wade isn't the issue. Wade's defense, for the most part, is pretty solid.

The problem with the above scenario, is name me a HC, OC, and DC that are worth a shit and are available right now.
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Lifer

Haven't read the article but I sure hope he is gone for Cowboys sake!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Again, Wade isn't the issue. Wade's defense, for the most part, is pretty solid.

The problem with the above scenario, is name me a HC, OC, and DC that are worth a shit and are available right now.
Wades defense sure did seem like a problem against the vikings last year, and the bears last week. I am not saying it really is the main issue, but man sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

The incoming headcoach would bring in his own OC and DC, so that really isn't the question. The question is what GOOD head coach would come on in the middle of the season, and would they stick with this same offensive and defensive scheme to keep the players on the same page.
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I can't name any.... But then again maybe I'm missing someone I really don't keep up with a whole lot of coaches honestly just players.

Edit: Just don't go pull a Pat Bowlen!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

The incoming headcoach would bring in his own OC and DC, so that really isn't the question. The question is what GOOD head coach would come on in the middle of the season, and would they stick with this same offensive and defensive scheme to keep the players on the same page.
Not necessarily. Keep in mind Jerry hired Garrett before he hired Wade.

As far as GOOD head coaches, the way I see it, there are only three. One is under contract with ESPN, the other said he isn't going to coach this year. That leaves one, which is Cowher. And quite honestly, I don't see Cowher coming here. Fucking forget that jackass do nothing blogger even mentioned Schottenheimer and Mariucci. Those are not viable options, unless Jerry wants more of the same.

What should scare you, is that if Wade gets fired JG will undoubtedly be the next HC of this team. It could only last til the end of this season, which at this point is best case scenario. I'll throw it out there now. JG becomes the next head coach, Cowboys win no more than 5 games this year. I'd even feel comfortable knocking that 5, down to 3. There. I said it.
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:

As far as GOOD head coaches, the way I see it, there are only three. One is under contract with ESPN, the other said he isn't going to coach this year. That leaves one, which is Cowher. And quite honestly, I don't see Cowher coming here. Fucking forget that jackass do nothing blogger even mentioned Schottenheimer and Mariucci. Those are not viable options, unless Jerry wants more of the same.

What should scare you, is that if Wade gets fired JG will undoubtedly be the next HC of this team. It could only last til the end of this season, which at this point is best case scenario. I'll throw it out there now. JG becomes the next head coach, Cowboys win no more than 5 games this year. I'd even feel comfortable knocking that 5, down to 3. There. I said it.
Maybe they can bring in a Consultant? You know, like Dan Reeves. He would be a good consultant.....oh wait
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Maybe they can bring in a Consultant? You know, like Dan Reeves. He would be a good consultant.....oh wait
What ever happened with that? He came in for a day or two, then was gone. Clashing with him and Jerry, or clashing with the coaching staff? I can't remember....
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What ever happened with that? He came in for a day or two, then was gone. Clashing with him and Jerry, or clashing with the coaching staff? I can't remember....
No one ever said. I would bet he came in thinking he was going to be able to have some kind of say and direction in where the team needed to go and then found out Jerry just wanted him to evaluate and maybe help out the coaching staff with gameplanning.
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Bcoop I told you before this season began that Dallas would miss the playoffs.... still think I was smoking entirely way too much?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
still think I was smoking entirely way too much?
We aren't even 3 weeks in to the season, and you want credit for being right? Season isn't over yet, cupcake. Dallas is still only 1 game back in this division.
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Alright, I've got a question. If Wade is the head coach and Garrett is the Off. Coordinator, why is it NOT a head coaching problem? Is the head coach not over the others? Does Garrett have some kind of hold on Jerry so that Wade CAN'T fire him? Just curious...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Alright, I've got a question. If Wade is the head coach and Garrett is the Off. Coordinator, why is it NOT a head coaching problem? Is the head coach not over the others? Does Garrett have some kind of hold on Jerry so that Wade CAN'T fire him? Just curious...
I am going to venture and say YES. I don't think Wade has any say in Garrett being fired or staying on. He has no real authority and everyone knows it. Which means no one cares about his opinion. Players and coaches know it. They know he is a figurehead and they know they can run over him.
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
We aren't even 3 weeks in to the season, and you want credit for being right? Season isn't over yet, cupcake. Dallas is still only 1 game back in this division.
No I don't deserve any credit yet, but soon my friend.

I called last season and I'll call this season as well

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No I don't deserve any credit yet, but soon my friend.

I called last season and I'll call this season as well
Oh, you called one and done? You do realize one and done is playing one game and losing right?
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Wade can't fire Garrett, but yes, Wade does have control over Garrett (he can veto play calls, etc). At least, that's what Jerry told the media after the loss in week 1.

The issues this team is having, I don't see as a HC problem. When your HC is also your DC, who do you think he is spending time with at practice? The defensive units. All the problems seem to be with the offensive units. That falls under Garrett. All the holding, false starts, snapping before the count, etc, that's all lack of discipline and it all falls under Garrett. Not to mention his offensive play calling is just flat out fucking retarded. I don't think I need to explain any further on that, but can if you want me to.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Oh, you called one and done? You do realize one and done is playing one game and losing right?
No, he doesn't know what one and done means. He thinks one and done means you win one game, then you lose the next and are done.
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Wade can't fire Garrett, but yes, Wade does have control over Garrett (he can veto play calls, etc). At least, that's what Jerry told the media after the loss in week 1.

The issues this team is having, I don't see as a HC problem. When your HC is also your DC, who do you think he is spending time with at practice? The defensive units. All the problems seem to be with the offensive units. That falls under Garrett. All the holding, false starts, snapping before the count, etc, that's all lack of discipline and it all falls under Garrett. Not to mention his offensive play calling is just flat out fucking retarded. I don't think I need to explain any further on that, but can if you want me to.
But the head coach should have ultimate authority on discipline. Wade should have someone over on the offensive side making up a shit list of who is screwing up, and then he deals with it after practice or something.
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Lifer

Now I'm really hoping the Cowboys lose to the Texans. Because kicking Wade to the curb will be a step in the right direction and actually benefit the team in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Actually I called the Saints winning the super Bowl back in training camp last year. I didn't call anything about the cowboys last year at all.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Now I'm really hoping the Cowboys lose to the Texans. Because kicking Wade to the curb will be a step in the right direction and actually benefit the team in the long run.
In your infinite football wisdom, why does Wade deserve to be fired?
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
hook
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:

If Wade can't fire Garrett, we have a HC problem. A head coach that is limited by an owner as to who is on his staff, doesn't need to be there. If he's just a figurehead, he doesn't need to be there.

Under the circumstances, fire Wade and keep Garrett as the head coach. That's what Jerry wanted in the first place, right?

post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Under the circumstances, fire Wade and keep Garrett as the head coach. That's what Jerry wanted in the first place, right?
Yes, that's what Jerry wanted in the beginning. I sure as hell hope that's not what he still wants. That is the WORST possible scenario that can happen for this team. Again, Garrett can't even run a fucking offense with all kinds of weapons. He sure as hell can't run an entire team.

It's not Wade's fault he can't fire Garrett....
post #31 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Because he was giving multiple opportunities and has not met Jerry Jones criteria. Then again i don't watch Cowboys games at all so I could just be talking out the side of my neck.

Edit: Also poor decision making and just flat out not doing his job. sort of like the play before the 2nd half... Wade could have prevented that whole thing and you guys could at least be 1-1 right now.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #32 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
But the head coach should have ultimate authority on discipline. Wade should have someone over on the offensive side making up a shit list of who is screwing up, and then he deals with it after practice or something.
Right here. What consequences does Garrett suffer? None? I mean, hell, if Wade has no control over him, why wouldn't he just say, "Fuck you, Wade. I'm doing it my way"?

post #33 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Because he was giving multiple opportunities and has not met Jerry Jones criteria. Then again i don't watch Cowboys games at all so I could just be talking out the side of my neck.

Edit: Also poor decision making and just flat out not doing his job.
What poor decisions has Wade made, and what do you consider flat out not doing his job?

Because from where I'm sitting, Wade is doing what he has been expected to do.
post #34 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What poor decisions has Wade made, and what do you consider flat out not doing his job?

He is losing and Jerry Jones doesn't take that shit lightly. Flat out not doing his job. His job is to win don't forget.

Edit: I can't really go and nit pick things he does wrong because I rarely watch Cowboys games like I said before but I'd say from what I have seen he isn't doing to well.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #35 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I don't think it is his outright decision making that is going to be his downfall. It is his inability to get these players motivated and disciplined. Which is a shitty deal, becaues in the end he was never given the authority to discipline.
post #36 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
He is losing and Jerry Jones doesn't take that shit lightly. Flat out not doing his job. His job is to win don't forget.
Yes, his job is to win. All signs point to offense, which he has nothing to do with.

Jerry has also never fired a coach mid season, and they have had plenty of coaches that deserved to be fired mid season. So this is all water cooler talk, because I really don't see any of it happening before the end of the season.
post #37 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I don't know...

Maybe because because he's only won 1 playoff game in his entire head coaching career. He was fired from the Broncos because management felt he lost control of the team.

He has a lackadaisical coaching style. He's an enabler. He doesn't challenge his team. I seem him cutting jokes during the mid week practice interviews, even after a loss. He sucks. And his record speaks for itself. He's a decent defensive coordinator, but head coach he is not. He doesn't have the ability to discipline his team and keep his players ego's in check. You give this exact same roster to Bill Belichick and they'd be a freight train. A complete intolerance for mistakes and being an asshole taskmaster like Jimmy was is how you lead a professional football team. Ever see that video of Jimmy Johnson yelling at a guy for not running a good play while he was having an asthma attack? Kicked him off the practice field. That's a football coach. Wade Phillips is jello.

How does that explanation work for you? Spin it baby, spin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #38 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I don't know...

Maybe because because he's only won 1 playoff game in his entire head coaching career. He was fired from the Broncos because management felt he lost control of the team.

He has a lackadaisical coaching style. He's an enabler. He doesn't challenge his team. I seem him cutting jokes during the mid week practice interviews, even after a loss. He sucks. And his record speaks for itself. He's a decent defensive coordinator, but head coach he is not. He doesn't have the ability to discipline his team and keep his players ego's in check. You give this exact same roster to Bill Belichick and they'd be a freight train. A complete intolerance for mistakes and being an asshole taskmaster like Jimmy was is how you lead a professional football team. Ever see that video of Jimmy Johnson yelling at a guy for not running a good play while he was having an asthma attack? Kicked him off the practice field. That's a football coach. Wade Phillips is jello.

line
post #39 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Worship me

I know someone who knows Jerry Jones personally and the problem is not the head coach, it is Jerry Jones. The team needs a real general manager that can get all over everyone's ass when they don't perform. Jerry doesn't do that from what I understand.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #40 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, his job is to win. All signs point to offense, which he has nothing to do with.

Jerry has also never fired a coach mid season, and they have had plenty of coaches that deserved to be fired mid season. So this is all water cooler talk, because I really don't see any of it happening before the end of the season.
Well then he needs to do his damn job and do something about the offense... The team isn't getting any younger.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #41 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I don't know...

Call him mr. hit that hoe

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #42 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Oh, I don't know...

Oh, ok. I didn't know we are in a position to fire someone over failing to win playoff games when he was coaching other teams. It all makes perfect sense now. I have a question though. Where did he get that one playoff win? Oh yeah, one more question.... How long were you on Google to get his background info, because you and I both know damn well you didn't know any of this prior to me asking the question, and you googling for answers.

Quote:
He has a lackadaisical coaching style. He's an enabler. He doesn't challenge his team.
I guess you know this from all the time you spend at practice with Wade and the team? What basis do you have for saying he doesn't challenge his team? Hell, he may not, you don't know any more than I do though, truth is neither of us know.

Quote:
I seem him cutting jokes during the mid week practice interviews, even after a loss.
You got me there. I forget that a loss means you can't laugh, can't tell a joke, cran't even crack a smile. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
He doesn't have the ability to discipline his team and keep his players ego's in check.
I guess you pick this up from all the time you spend at practice and in the locker room too? Who's ego has gotten out of check, exactly? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Quote:
You give this exact same roster to Bill Belichick and they'd be a freight train. A complete intolerance for mistakes and being an asshole taskmaster like Jimmy was is how you lead a professional football team. Ever see that video of Jimmy Johnson yelling at a guy for not running a good play while he was having an asthma attack? Kicked him off the practice field. That's a football coach. Wade Phillips is jello.
You do realize there is more than one way to coach a team, right? You do know, you don't have to be a complete fucking prick to be a coach, right? Maybe you're right though. That Tony Dungy guy was a complete and total failure in the NFL. He didn't know what the fuck he was doing.

Quote:
It would work a lot better if you actually had any idea of what you were talking about.

EDIT: And just for mstang, sinker. lol
post #43 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

EDIT: And just for mstang, sinker. lol
I knew it was coming.
post #44 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I know someone who knows Jerry Jones personally and the problem is not the head coach, it is Jerry Jones. The team needs a real general manager that can get all over everyone's ass when they don't perform. Jerry doesn't do that from what I understand.
He needs to hang his hat and let Stephen take over the management of the team. He can still control finances, be the face, whatever, just let Stephen take the reigns when it comes to players and coaching.
post #45 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What's this we shit? You're a fucking Rams fan.

Jason Garrett can't even run a high powered offense. What the FUCK makes you think he can run an entire team?
just cause im a rams fan and not a cowboys sheep follower dosent mean I cant comment on the issue. Besides, everyone knows Garrett cant coach. I thought it was great that Garrett was playing the Bears and Mike Martz. Yea the retard of coaching offense vs. the father of offense. Name me a guy better than Martz on offense in the last 10 years

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #46 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He needs to hang his hat and let Stephen take over the management of the team. He can still control finances, be the face, whatever, just let Stephen take the reigns when it comes to players and coaching.
Jerry Jones way too much in love with the game of football to not be involved with players and coaches.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #47 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
just cause im a rams fan and not a cowboys sheep follower dosent mean I cant comment on the issue. Besides, everyone knows Garrett cant coach. I thought it was great that Garrett was playing the Bears and Mike Martz. Yea the retard of coaching offense vs. the father of offense. Name me a guy better than Martz on offense in the last 10 years
Sean Peyton or Mike Shanahan

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #48 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Time Served

Quote:
i don't think it is his outright decision making that is going to be his downfall. It is his inability to get these players motivated and disciplined. Which is a shitty deal, becaues in the end he was never given the authority to discipline.
i agree totally!!!
post #49 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sean Peyton or Mike Shanahan
Shanahan is a good running cordinator but I think Martz is better at using his receivers though. No disrespect to Shanahan, look at all the 1,00 yard backs a season he had in Denver. Payton yea is a good one

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #50 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
just cause im a rams fan and not a cowboys sheep follower dosent mean I cant comment on the issue.
It's that you said "we" as if you were a fan, when all you've done is bash the Cowboys. You Rams fans have enough of your own problems to worry about fixing before you start criticizing anyone else. "We" is a pet peeve of mine. I'm not on the team, so you won't see me comment with "we ____"

Quote:
Name me a guy better than Martz on offense in the last 10 years
How is this even remotely related to the topic at hand? But since you asked...

Todd Haley
Sean Peyton
and a long list of others.

Martz really did a bang up job in Detroit, let me tell you. I'm not saying Martz is shit. He's an offensive genius. But again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Quit living in the past. Yes, he coached the greatest show on Turf. But he also hasn't done shit since then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement