DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wade phillips firing rumor

3K views 77 replies 20 participants last post by  BOOSTED32V 
#1 ·
Seems as if you can take this guys creditability how you see fit... but what if he's right?

http://prosportsblogging.com/nfl-fo...cowboys-on-the-verge-of-firing-wade-phillips/

"I am told that if the Cowboys lose to the Houston Texans on Sunday that Jones won’t hesitate in firing Phillips... Regardless, of what happens in Houston this Sunday, Jones needs to fire Phillips if he hopes to have his team in the playoffs come January. I for one truly believe one of the 4 names I have mentioned will be wearing that Star on their hat come early next week. "

I don't think its a good idea, but we'll see where this shit goes.

#2 ·
i just heard this on the radio. If I was Jerry I would fire Wade and make Jason Garrett head coach so that way we can answer the questions on is Garrett a head coach.

#5 ·
I think its certain that Garrett would implode lol

#4 ·
Rumor has it that Jerry has already contacted Gruden.

Gruden has stated that if he comes back, he wants to come to a team that already has an established QB. So Dallas would fit that bill.

I don't think that Wade is the problem. Jason Garrett is the biggest issue I have with the coaching staff. So personally, I think they only need to hire an OC.

Wade won't take a demotion to DC, so if he fires Wade he's going to have to replace Wade, Garrett, and hire a DC.

#7 ·
Rumor has it that Jerry has already contacted Gruden.

Gruden has stated that if he comes back, he wants to come to a team that already has an established QB. So Dallas would fit that bill.

I don't think that Wade is the problem. Jason Garrett is the biggest issue I have with the coaching staff. So personally, I think they only need to hire an OC.

Wade won't take a demotion to DC, so if he fires Wade he's going to have to replace Wade, Garrett, and hire a DC.
I am not seeing a problem.:approve:

#9 ·
Haven't read the article but I sure hope he is gone for Cowboys sake!

#25 ·
Now I'm really hoping the Cowboys lose to the Texans. Because kicking Wade to the curb will be a step in the right direction and actually benefit the team in the long run.

#39 ·
I know someone who knows Jerry Jones personally and the problem is not the head coach, it is Jerry Jones. The team needs a real general manager that can get all over everyone's ass when they don't perform. Jerry doesn't do that from what I understand.

#63 ·
At first I thought I would comment but after reading all this I realize I only know enough to get myself attacked by the rabid wolf pack that patrols these forums waiting to pounce. All I know is a change needs to be made. Whether it's a coaching change or a management change I'm not sure. I've been a die hard cowboys fan since I knew what football was and will never turn my back on them except when I get a beer then I turn back around and cuss them a little for stupid mistakes. They're my boys though. I'll watch them lose everygame this season if I have to.

#64 ·
i dont really care if people attack my opinions and what I got to say, as long as people dont make it personal. But yea I think something needs to change.

#65 ·
I on the other hand looooove the conversation on this board. Some people are stupid though and can't see past the truth :saroll:

Lol this sports forum gets me thru the day!

#78 ·
Im just going to use the old Cowboys teams as examples because we are talking about the Cowboys. T. Aikman and R. Staubach teams never led the NFL in passing yards and you know why...BECAUSE WE HAD A BALANCED OFFENSE. We also always had a pretty good defense and special teams is also mandatory to win championships.
The problem is the offense, I dont see how thats Wades fault, to me it falls on the GM's shoulders and that is J.J.'s fucking fault and the sooner that egotistcle (sp?) motherfucker is gone the better the boys will be...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.