Mike Vick To Start For Philly - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Mike Vick To Start For Philly

Andy Reid has decided to make Vick the starter for the Eagles. This is big for me cause I have him on my fantasy team and honestly I perfer starting Vick rather than Favre right now.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Lifer

Vick will do just fine as the Eagles starter.... I predicted this to happen before the season even got under way! Eagles win the division, Redskins take the wild card, Cowboys & Giants both miss the playoffs.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Lifer

Good for him he deserves the spot.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

He earned it after the way he's played in the last 1 and a half games. Sucks to be Kolb.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Lifer

Vick to Oakland next year
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKR View Post
Vick to Oakland next year
Well, how big of a contract did Kolb get this year? If that contract isn't that big, then I think it's more likely he'll get dealt and Vick will get a new contract. Vick is in the last year of his two year contract. Then he is a free agent.

I think we'll find out pretty quickly. If Vick keeps playing like this, the Eagles will get him a big contract within a few weeks. There is no way they want to be in a bidding war in the off season. It would be almost guaranteed that they would lose him..

As for the Raiders, well I think that could happen simply because Al Davis will open up his pocket book for anyone that has an inkling of a chance of getting his team back to the Super Bowl. So yea, I think that is very plausible. The question is whether or not Vick would want to play for the Raiders when several other teams will likely be making offers.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt beavis View Post
he earned it after the way he's played in the last 1 and a half games. Sucks to be kolb.
+1

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM
In the Batter's Box

Great to hear!! He is definately one of the most exciting guys to watch play the game! Hope he does well!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I guess that means he's finally out of the doghouse.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Time Served

I'm glad I picked him up as a free agent in my league.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

He deserves it! He's playing damn good right now! I'd start him over romo if he was a cowboy...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Lifer

Vick looked outstanding in last Sunday's game at Detroit. He also has that rare trait of not being afraid to run the ball, which he does quite well.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

How is it possible there is no bashing of the Eagles yet????

And I am totally for this move..... Go Eagles!

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Resident Epicurean

I was really starting to question whether Andy Reid had lost in on Sunday and Monday, when he stood there and said they were going back to Kolb. It made no sense. I'm betting the Owner came down on him, and overturned his decision.

Vick gives them the best possible chance to win, and why they wouldn't go with the best chance to win is beyond me. I know as a Cowboy fan, I'd much rather the Boys face Kolb than Vick. Kolb sucks. Vick can move, and looks to be a more accurate passer than he has ever been.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Lifer

I guess I will say it, A DOG KILLER DESERVES NOTHING!!

He was playing the Lions guys. Not exactly the Ravens defense.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post

I know you Cowboys fans didn't see this game, so let me tell you what's happening with the Eagles....

First off, The Lions sacked the mobile Vick 6 times. Yes you heard me right. And hit him many more times than that

THe Eagles O line is in all kinds of trouble. Lost the starting center, traded the starting Right Tackle, Left Tackle got hurt 3 times during the Lions game.

If Kolb was back there in this game, he would have been murdered. NO joke.

Vick didn't run that much at all against the Lions, he has improved the pocket passing tremendously.

As far as the O line concerns go, they need Vick back there to have a chance at all, in any game, against any opponent.

The Eagles have 2 top notch receivers, a great 3rd receiver, a good younf RB, and a great TE. They need to get their team in the best position possible to win. Vick does that right now.

The Eagles came back against the Packers with Vick, and were down 10 points to the Lions, before posting a 28 point unanswered smack down. The defense gave up late scores, but the game was not near as close as the final score.

The Lions have a LEGIT RB in Best.

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post

I agree to a point, but his qb rating has been over 100 or both games, and if I'm not mistaken he has the highest completion percentage in the NFL currently.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86

<------professed Lions fan (long suffering)

The Lions are much improved this year over the past several. Note that they handled themselves quite well in Soldier Field against the Bears, using a backup QB for half of the game. Those same Bears I might add who just slapped the 'Boys down another notch in their own house.

I'll be looking for Vick and the Eagles to avenge their losses to the 'Boys last year, and it won't be 3-point wins like they eked out against the Lions.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I know you Cowboys fans didn't see this game, so let me tell you what's happening with the Eagles....

First off, The Lions sacked the mobile Vick 6 times. Yes you heard me right. And hit him many more times than that

THe Eagles O line is in all kinds of trouble. Lost the starting center, traded the starting Right Tackle, Left Tackle got hurt 3 times during the Lions game.

Vick didn't run that much at all against the Lions, he has improved the pocket passing tremendously.

As far as the O line concerns go, they need Vick back there to have a chance at all, in any game, against any opponent.

The Eagles have 2 top notch receivers, a great 3rd receiver, a good younf RB, and a great TE. They need to get their team in the best position possible to win. Vick does that right now.

The Eagles came back against the Packers with Vick, and were down 10 points to the Lions, before posting a 28 point unanswered smack down. The defense gave up late scores, but the game was not near as close as the final score.

Exactly. Their O Line is worse than the Cowboys, and Kolb will get his head ripped off lollygagging around back there. Vick has the mobility they need, with a shitty O Line.

The sack number isn't that surprising. He was always getting sacked in Atlanta, and it's because he was always trying to run. No biggie.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Lifer

Yea, I saw the highlights only of the game. I know Shu is already a monster on the D-line for the Lions. You have to wonder how long Vick can take the beating if it really is that bad.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Im happy with this decision cause I didnt want to start Favre and I picked up Vick on my fantasy team and now I can start him this week rather than looking for another QB.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Exactly. Their O Line is worse than the Cowboys, and Kolb will get his head ripped off lollygagging around back there. Vick has the mobility they need, with a shitty O Line.

The sack number isn't that surprising. He was always getting sacked in Atlanta, and it's because he was always trying to run. No biggie.
I watched Andy Reid's news conference this mornng and he just said the O-line has nothing to do with his decision, is he fucking kidding.

With all the bullshit Andy Reid has spewed in the last 5 months, I imagine the Eagles will shit can him if this season does not result in a deep playoff run.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Well, how big of a contract did Kolb get this year? If that contract isn't that big, then I think it's more likely he'll get dealt and Vick will get a new contract. Vick is in the last year of his two year contract. Then he is a free agent.

I think we'll find out pretty quickly. If Vick keeps playing like this, the Eagles will get him a big contract within a few weeks. There is no way they want to be in a bidding war in the off season. It would be almost guaranteed that they would lose him..

As for the Raiders, well I think that could happen simply because Al Davis will open up his pocket book for anyone that has an inkling of a chance of getting his team back to the Super Bowl. So yea, I think that is very plausible. The question is whether or not Vick would want to play for the Raiders when several other teams will likely be making offers.

Kolb is getting 12 MILLION this year and Vick is getting 5 million. Kolb is not going anywhere with that kind of money on the table, atleast you wouldn't think so.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

He reminds me of a Pit Bull for some reason?
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are only 2 quarterbacks that are currently still playing(on a team) in the NFL that have a higher sack percentage than Vick, and they are JP Losman and David Carr. I find that very interesting for a quarterback that is so elusive.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Fear the Stashe

Vick named starter rest of the year.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenCobra View Post
I watched Andy Reid's news conference this mornng and he just said the O-line has nothing to do with his decision, is he fucking kidding.

With all the bullshit Andy Reid has spewed in the last 5 months, I imagine the Eagles will shit can him if this season does not result in a deep playoff run.
If that is correct say goodbye to Andy Reid then, because the Eagles won't be going deep into the playoffs.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcapri View Post
Kolb is getting 12 MILLION this year and Vick is getting 5 million. Kolb is not going anywhere with that kind of money on the table, atleast you wouldn't think so.
If Vick continues to prove his value they might just trade Kolb off to some team that has bigger issues at QB.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
If Vick continues to prove his value they might just trade Kolb off to some team that has bigger issues at QB.
Raiders just named Gradkowski the starter.... Jason Campbell is out. I'm sure they would take him.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Raiders just named Gradkowski the starter.... Jason Campbell is out. I'm sure they would take him.
LOL what the fuck is Oakland doing? Tom Cable is a dumbass

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
LOL what the fuck is Oakland doing? Tom Cable is a dumbass
Have you ever seen Jason Campbell play? Who's the dumbass again?
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Have you ever seen Jason Campbell play? Who's the dumbass again?
Raiders organization, Bcoop can we at least agree on this subject?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Raiders organization, Bcoop can we at least agree on this subject?
I'm not denying that the Raiders are full of stupid from top to bottom. But Jason Campbell sucks. Badly. Why do you think Shanahan sent him packing? Gradkowski hasn't been that terrible in the games I have seen him play in (which isn't much). So it's not a stretch to say that Gradkowski is a better QB than Campbell.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not denying that the Raiders are full of stupid from top to bottom. But Jason Campbell sucks. Badly. Why do you think Shanahan sent him packing? Gradkowski hasn't been that terrible in the games I have seen him play in (which isn't much). So it's not a stretch to say that Gradkowski is a better QB than Campbell.
They have a few talented players but no coaching to bring anything together, IMO. They're scouting staff also sucks ass, probably why they drafted Russell #1 LOL!

Mike shanahan is a smart guy. McNabb has at least a few more years left in him.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Campbell has put up better numbers in his career than this Bruce guy. Maybe if his offensive line could block and had a little better talent then he'd be fine.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Campbell has put up better numbers in his career than this Bruce guy. Maybe if his offensive line could block and had a little better talent then he'd be fine.
Gradkowski has been a career back up. Campbell has been a career starter. You really can't compare anything between the two, except completion percentage. Even that is biased, and can be argued.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Gradkowski has been a career back up. Campbell has been a career starter. You really can't compare anything between the two, except completion percentage. Even that is biased, and can be argued.
true cause Bruce has been with the Raiders so thats always going to have bad numbers lol

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Rumors are already going that the Browns have inquired about trading for Kolb. I wonder if Arizona has an interests. They sure as hell need a QB.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement