Classy move by the safety officials at Gillette Stadium yesterday(no sarcasm) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Classy move by the safety officials at Gillette Stadium yesterday(no sarcasm)

A 40-year-old Chicopee man died Sunday after suffering a massive heart attack in the stands of Gillette Stadium in Foxborough before the game between the New England Patriots and the Cincinnati Bengals, fire officials said today.

The man was attending the game, the first of the Patriots 2010 season, with his 6-year-old son, and was sitting near the south end zone close to the field, Foxborough Fire Chief Roger Hatfield said.

About a half an hour before kickoff, the man suffered a massive heart attack, Hatfield said. Medical staff, including athletic trainers for the Bengals, performed CPR on the man while emergency personnel coordinated his transport out of the stadium, Hatfield said.

The man was rushed to Norwood Hospital, where he died, Hatfield said. State Police had shut down Route 1 to clear the way for the ambulance, he said.

Public safety officials took care of the man’s son while his father was away, allowing the boy to squirt the fire hoses and operate the bomb robot “to keep his mind at ease,” Hatfield said. Later that day, he was reunited with his mother and sister, he said.
The response “went exactly how we always discussed it and planned it,” Hatfield said. “The tragedy here was we just couldn’t bring him back.”

Hatfield said the man's name was not being released because of federal medical privacy laws.

-My heart goes out to this kid!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Time Served

My heart goes out to this kid!! Mine two. I hope the dad rests in peace.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Lifer

Wow...too damn young to be having a massive MI. I bet that boy is devastated.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Lifer

yea thats a sad story to hear, tip to the cap to the officals at the stadium. Also to the Bengals staff for trying to help and bring him back.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement