Watching the Colts gets smashed... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Watching the Colts gets smashed...

... by a no name running back is fucking awesome. 231 yards rushing and 3 TD's = EL OH EL!!!
Lone Sailor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Well the colts D is getting smashed. While that is happening Manning has thrown for 427 yards. Oh well now the Texans can say they are 2-15 against the colts. LOL

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
I wouldn't call Foster a no name. He was ranked high prior to the season starting.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Lifer
 
CJ-95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,659
Quiet game from A/J. Moss with the Pats had one too.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
CJ-95GT is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT View Post
Quiet game from A/J. Moss with the Pats had one too.
AJ had a couple of chances that were taken away by Schaub. With Foster running like that they didn't need much from the receivers.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Well the colts D is getting smashed. While that is happening Manning has thrown for 427 yards. Oh well now the Texans can say they are 2-15 against the colts. LOL
And the Colts can say that they are now 0-1...............LOL
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I wouldn't call Foster a no name. He was ranked high prior to the season starting.

You can't be serious. I don't see how you figure he's not a no name running back up to this point. What has he done in the NFL before now and what has he proven in his short time playing last year? Nothing. He didn't do jack last year with the Texans. 6 games, 54 for 257 and 3 TD's. WOW!! So just because some fantasy game says he might be good then that makes him "somebody"? LOL
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
And the Colts can say that they are now 0-1...............LOL
Which means nothing cause they can very well win the next 14 games in a row. I don't see how any Texans fans saying that.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
You can't be serious. I don't see how you figure he's not a no name running back up to this point. What has he done in the NFL before now and what has he proven in his short time playing last year? Nothing. He didn't do jack last year with the Texans. 6 games, 54 for 257 and 3 TD's. WOW!! So just because some fantasy game says he might be good then that makes him "somebody"? LOL
If I am not mistaken he did have 200 + yards in the last 2 games of the season. He was great at Tennessee until his senior year and was the best highschool RB his senior year in highschool. He definitely had potential. So much so that he comanded a 2 year contract for a rookie free agent which is unheard of.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Which means nothing cause they can very well win the next 14 games in a row. I don't see how any Texans fans saying that.
Better find a run defense if that is going to happen.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
If I am not mistaken he did have 200 + yards in the last 2 games of the season. He was great at Tennessee until his senior year and was the best highschool RB his senior year in highschool. He definitely had potential. So much so that he comanded a 2 year contract for a rookie free agent which is unheard of.
You know damn well you didn't know any of that info until they said all that during the game.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Better find a run defense if that is going to happen.
I'm not worried one bit. If you notice that foster started running well when Bob Sanders left the game.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
You know damn well you didn't know any of that info until they said all that during the game.
WRONG.....I amd a Texans fan and I live in Houston....Its widely known down here
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
WRONG.....I amd a Texans fan and I live in Houston....Its widely known down here
Just kinda weird you posting that when that was pretty much the exact info they said on TV. So do you guys feel like the Texans won the super bowl by beating the Colts and being in first place in the division?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Well the colts D is getting smashed. While that is happening Manning has thrown for 427 yards. Oh well now the Texans can say they are 2-15 against the colts. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Which means nothing cause they can very well win the next 14 games in a row. I don't see how any Texans fans saying that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm not worried one bit. If you notice that foster started running well when Bob Sanders left the game.
For all the shit you talk about Cowboys fans being delusional and having excuses for everything, you're starting off the season well!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
If I am not mistaken he did have 200 + yards in the last 2 games of the season. He was great at Tennessee until his senior year and was the best highschool RB his senior year in highschool. He definitely had potential. So much so that he comanded a 2 year contract for a rookie free agent which is unheard of.
So 2 games in the NFL where he ran a combined total of 200 yards makes him a household name now?


http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9527
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Lifer
 
CJ-95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm not worried one bit. If you notice that foster started running well when Bob Sanders left the game.
That must have been at the half since Foster put almost 200 yards on them in the 2nd. The Colts run def outright sucks. Lol. It's pathetic to let a rook do that in the first game.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
CJ-95GT is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
For all the shit you talk about Cowboys fans being delusional and having excuses for everything, you're starting off the season well!
I'm not coming up with any excuses. The D just got ran over. Foster still was running well even when sander was in the game just not like he was doing late in the game.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Just kinda weird you posting that when that was pretty much the exact info they said on TV. So do you guys feel like the Texans won the super bowl by beating the Colts and being in first place in the division?
Didn't say anything about the term of his contract did they.......Guess they needed to do a little more research. To answer your question no. The Texans now know that they are good enough to close.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT View Post
That must have been at the half since Foster put almost 200 yards on them in the 2nd. The Colts run def outright sucks. Lol. It's pathetic to let a rook do that in the first game.
Um...he didn't get 200 yards until the midway through the 4 quarter. And Foster isn't a rookie.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm not coming up with any excuses. The D just got ran over. Foster still was running well even when sander was in the game just not like he was doing late in the game.
Don't give me that bullshit. Come on, you posted this literally ten minutes ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm not worried one bit. If you notice that foster started running well when Bob Sanders left the game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Didn't say anything about the term of his contract did they.......Guess they needed to do a little more research. To answer your question no. The Texans now know that they are good enough to close.
Calm down it's just one game now.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
So 2 games in the NFL where he ran a combined total of 200 yards makes him a household name now?


http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9527
No, but the fact that he had flash and could actually hold onto the ball made him a starter for the Texans.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Don't give me that bullshit. Come on, you posted this literally ten minutes ago!
Ok I was pointing out a fact not a excuse. When Bob Sanders isn't in the game the Colts defense is a totally different defense. Especially the run defense.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
No, but the fact that he had flash and could actually hold onto the ball made him a starter for the Texans.
That's great and all, but what does that have to do with him being a no name running back before today's game? Since that was the conversion that you came into when you quoted my post.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Ok I was pointing out a fact not a excuse. When Bob Sanders isn't in the game the Colts defense is a totally different defense. Especially the run defense.
Fact: the Colts got lit up.
Excuse: Bob Sanders was out.

You even said Foster didn't start running well until Sanders was out, then a few minutes later said that you didn't say that - that he was running well the whole time. Backpedaling?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Fact: the Colts got lit up.
Excuse: Bob Sanders was out.

You even said Foster didn't start running well until Sanders was out, then a few minutes later said that you didn't say that - that he was running well the whole time. Backpedaling?
WTF are you talking about? When did I say I didn't say that? I admit that they got ran over. Foster was running well when sanders was in, but when sanders went out Foster was raking up the yards a lot faster. Sanders makes a big difference for the Colts D. When he is in the Colts run defense is a lot better. When he is out they have the worst run defense I have ever seen. That is not a excuse, that is a proven fact.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Well the colts D is getting smashed. While that is happening Manning has thrown for 427 yards. Oh well now the Texans can say they are 2-15 against the colts. LOL

But with only a 109.8 passer rating. Not superb by any stretch.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
But with only a 109.8 passer rating. Not superb by any stretch.
Yeah Ok, 427 yards 3TD's and 0 INT's not a superb game then I don't know what is.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm not coming up with any excuses. The D just got ran over. Foster still was running well even when sander was in the game just not like he was doing late in the game.
Because late in the game the D had been on the field all damn day, and had been getting burned by him all afternoon. They were tired as shit. They stopped even trying to stop him they were so tired.
bcoop is offline  
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Because late in the game the D had been on the field all damn day, and had been getting burned by him all afternoon. They were tired as shit. They stopped even trying to stop him they were so tired.
Yeah I notice that too, like on Foster's last TD run there wasn't any colts around him. Oh well they just need to move on too next week and put this game behind them. Like I said before I'm not worried a bit.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Yeah Ok, 427 yards 3TD's and 0 INT's not a superb game then I don't know what is.

153.8 is perfect, so what part of that don't you get?
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
153.8 is perfect, so what part of that don't you get?
Passer rating is a dumb thing to go off of to tell if a QB did a good job or not. So you are telling me Manning didn't have a great game?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Passer rating is a dumb thing to go off of to tell if a QB did a good job or not. So you are telling me Manning didn't have a great game?

It's a dumb thing to go off of to tell if a QB did a good job or not? Um, yeah, that's exactly what it does. It's apparent that you don't know how the passer rating is calculated.


NFL

In order to establish a maximum value for an NFL player's passer rating, a separate calculation needs to be completed involving each of the following four categories: Completion Percentage, Average Yards Per Attempt, Percentage of Touchdown Passes, and Percentage of Interceptions. If the result in any category is less than 0, the given result should be 0. If the result in any category is greater than 2.375, the given result should be 2.375. This makes the maximum possible quarterback rating for the NFL 158.3. A perfect rating requires at least a 77.5% completion rate, at least 12.5 yards per attempt, a touchdown on at least 11.875% of attempts, and no interceptions.






Then use the above calculations to complete the passer rating:
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Nothing to do with the Colts Texans, but Megatron and Detroit got fucked with that TD that they overturned. That's bullshit.
bcoop is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
It's a dumb thing to go off of to tell if a QB did a good job or not? Um, yeah, that's exactly what it does. It's apparent that you don't know how the passer rating is calculated.


NFL

In order to establish a maximum value for an NFL player's passer rating, a separate calculation needs to be completed involving each of the following four categories: Completion Percentage, Average Yards Per Attempt, Percentage of Touchdown Passes, and Percentage of Interceptions. If the result in any category is less than 0, the given result should be 0. If the result in any category is greater than 2.375, the given result should be 2.375. This makes the maximum possible quarterback rating for the NFL 158.3. A perfect rating requires at least a 77.5% completion rate, at least 12.5 yards per attempt, a touchdown on at least 11.875% of attempts, and no interceptions.






Then use the above calculations to complete the passer rating:
Passer rating is still fucking stupid to go by if a QB played well. So I guess if a QB threw one pass for 13 yards for a TD had a better game then a QB to throw 400 yards plus for 3TD's and 0 INT's cause he had a perfect passer rating.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Nothing to do with the Colts Texans, but Megatron and Detroit got fucked with that TD that they overturned. That's bullshit.
Megatron?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Passer rating is still fucking stupid to go by if a QB played well. So I guess if a QB threw one pass for 13 yards for a TD had a better game then a QB to throw 400 yards plus for 3TD's and 0 INT's cause he had a perfect passer rating.
Well he went 40 for 57 for god's sake, I sure hope he would be able to connect on some of them. Maybe I just hold better QB's to a higher standard. 427 yards is a good stat all by itself, but not so much when you add in 40 of 57, and the shorter yards per pass average. Plus, with that many yards he should have at least 4 TD's.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Nobody
 
SuperWho?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Castle Grayskull
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Megatron?
It's Calvin Johnson's nickname. Big hands like megatron. Oh and fucking L O L at teh colts.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
SuperWho? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome