TCU 2010 Football - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

TCU 2010 Football

A terrific game so far with TCU against Oregon St. 21-14 TCU leads with 12:00 left in the 3rd.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Lifer

It's the toughest game TCU will play all season...until they get beat in a BCS bowl game.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned

I have to support TCU since my brother goes there now. Damn exciting game.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I have to support TCU since my brother goes there now. Damn exciting game.
I'm actually enjoying the game, and I don't have a dog in the fight.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

There you go Dalton!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

21-30 TCU leading

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Wolverines!!!

If TCU plays like that vs Utah they'll get thumped.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX View Post
Don't tease me...

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Oil & Gas

Sad they have to play at Cowboy stadium against a ranked team to get national TV.
Could not believe I was listening to them on the radio last year ranked in the top 10.

1965 Mustang coupe 289
2010 Edge
2010 Altima SL (Wife)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starstanger View Post
Sad they have to play at Cowboy stadium against a ranked team to get national TV.
Could not believe I was listening to them on the radio last year ranked in the top 10.
That's the liberal (sports) media for ya. The east and west coast broadcasters do NOT like Texas teams excelling in ANY sport. Hell, watch ESPN during hockey season and they will show highlights from the Red Wings losing, but if the Stars win it will be on the crawl at the bottom of the screen.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
That's the liberal (sports) media for ya. The east and west coast broadcasters do NOT like Texas teams excelling in ANY sport. Hell, watch ESPN during hockey season and they will show highlights from the Red Wings losing, but if the Stars win it will be on the crawl at the bottom of the screen.
Really? It couldn't be that the Stars have fucking sucked HARD in recent memory. Or the fact that TCU is a tiny school without a lot of football precedence compared to the big 3 in Texas. Who really wants to watch TCU beat the fuck out of some cupcake in the Mountain West? I like watching them, but I'll stick to the top 25 games they play in addition to Utah and BYU. Or you could just get Direct TV if you like TCU that much.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Riiiiight. That makes zero sense.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Riiiiight. That makes zero sense.
Dalton took an entire half to settle into a good rhythm just like vs Boise last year, Utah isn't going to let you walk them. You can't play half a game and expect to win vs a team like Utah. You had 1 undefeated season and choked hard under the spotlights. Hopefully you're kicker wont choke vs Utah like he did 2 years ago.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Dalton took an entire half to settle into a good rhythm just like vs Boise last year, Utah isn't going to let you walk them. You can't play half a game and expect to win vs a team like Utah. You had 1 undefeated season and choked hard under the spotlights. Hopefully you're kicker wont choke vs Utah like he did 2 years ago.
Correction - Dalton got into a great rythym after the very first half of this season while playing in the biggest stadium on the planet. I'd say he's matured some over last year, and overcoming the spotlight in this game will be nothing but a confidence booster, especially as well as he played. He also established the fact that he can and will run the ball when facing strong coverage, they had success with the pitch option, and the team's running game looked pretty damn impressive. The defense looked solid both on the ground and in the air.

"A team like Utah"? Do you peg OSU for a bunch of scrubs? I like how you try to point out a game from two years ago while conveniently skipping over the matchup last season. TCU did indeed "walk" Utah last year (wow, what a beating that was!), and there is no evidence that anyone should expect an upset this year, even playing up there.

I do look forward to the Utah game, though. I hope the Utes go undefeated until November 6th, just so the game has the hype it did last year, and to further solidify the Frogs' chances of reaching #1.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Correction - Dalton got into a great rythym after the very first half of this season while playing in the biggest stadium on the planet. I'd say he's matured some over last year, and overcoming the spotlight in this game will be nothing but a confidence booster, especially as well as he played. He also established the fact that he can and will run the ball when facing strong coverage, they had success with the pitch option, and the team's running game looked pretty damn impressive. The defense looked solid both on the ground and in the air.

"A team like Utah"? Do you peg OSU for a bunch of scrubs? I like how you try to point out a game from two years ago while conveniently skipping over the matchup last season. TCU did indeed "walk" Utah last year (wow, what a beating that was!), and there is no evidence that anyone should expect an upset this year, even playing up there.

I do look forward to the Utah game, though. I hope the Utes go undefeated until November 6th, just so the game has the hype it did last year, and to further solidify the Frogs' chances of reaching #1.
I'll give you that TCU had an impressive team up until the BCS last, but there's no chance you'll play for a title this year unless everyone else is a 2 loss team or you're the only undefeated. Utah improved big time in the offseason from last year and looked a hell of lot better vs a good Pitt than TCU did vs a team that will be lucky to finish in the top 25. But hey week 1 doesn't mean shit, you could take a nose dive vs SMU it's happened and Utah could choke before they even play you. I'm still not impressed enough with TCU to think they're a contender though, Dalton needs start a game with good rhythm not work his way into it if TCU gets a shot at redemption at the end of the season.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
I'll give you that TCU had an impressive team up until the BCS last, but there's no chance you'll play for a title this year unless everyone else is a 2 loss team or you're the only undefeated. Utah improved big time in the offseason from last year and looked a hell of lot better vs a good Pitt than TCU did vs a team that will be lucky to finish in the top 25. But hey week 1 doesn't mean shit, you could take a nose dive vs SMU it's happened and Utah could choke before they even play you. I'm still not impressed enough with TCU to think they're a contender though, Dalton needs start a game with good rhythm not work his way into it if TCU gets a shot at redemption at the end of the season.
Utah looked better against Pitt than TCU did against OSU? You're crazy! The Utes played like ass in the second half, blowing their lead, and won by a field goal in overtime. Their scored less points than TCU and allowed more than TCU. None of your statements are based in any kind of facts or reasoning.

Your knock on Dalton is unfounded. It's not like he looked bad, and it's not like he was playing a regular game mid-season. This was the very first game of the year in the biggest venue in existance. Besides, as I stated, he looked fine. He got better as the game progressed, and led his team to victory. He overthrew a couple of passes and had a stupid interception, but you act like he was playing like shit.

You don't have to be impressed with TCU. It's that much sweeter when people doubt them. They have worked very hard for a very long time to get this far, and I believe this is their year.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Time Served

First game of the season..... They won against a top 25 team on national t.v. and still worked through offseason rust. they'll be fine!

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Time Served

TCU lost to Boise at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl 17-10.... that's with 3 turnovers and a dropped pass by Antoine Hicks that would have tied it at 17. TCU was by far the better team that night just Boise St. had the breaks go their way. Oh well!! new season... on the way to 13-0 and a BCS bowl VICTORY!!!! I would LOVE to see a rematch Boise St. vs. TCU for the National Championship in the same stadium! but unfortunately that won't happen... TCU just has to take care of business every week. This is a better team than last years team. GO TCU!!!!!!!!

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement