DFW Mustang Forums banner

Longorns 2010 season

3K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  bert89coupe 
#1 ·
So what was everybodies opinion on the opener? I missed the first quarter but watched the rest. They looked.......ok. I'd give them a "C." They definitely need to work on Red Zone offense. Announcers were praising Tre Newton, but I'm still not convinced he can carry the teams run game. Gibert played about as well as I thought he would. He doesn't have the arm or mobility McCoy did, but I think he'll get better. Thank God for Will Muschamp is really all I can say.

I guess this season will be a little more exciting than last since the games will most likely be a lot closer in score. Can't wait to see how things turn out for the Horns.

#2 ·
Doesn't have the arm Colt did? lmao You're joking right? He underthrew some passes today and should've had a TD pass if Williams would've stayed on his damn feet (i'm just glad he caught the damn ball). But his arm is just fine,after all, this was his first start. You'll start seeing the deep ball around the 3rd to 4th game

Today was very very bland. I guess Davis was bound and determined to run the ball. And by god that's what they did, 3 yards at a time lol

Defense played good once Muschamp figured out what Rice was going to do. I hate that Rice got two cheap TD's. Vaccarro needs to start and play the whole game. And i noticed that Ch. Brown left off where he did last year, getting burned deep.

I'll think we'll see about the same next weekend too. The coaches won't show much untill the Tech game

#3 ·
Gilbert defnitely did not show the zip that McCoy could put on the ball. Given, he wasn't exactly given a whole lot of good chances. I wasn't talking about the deep ball.

Like Mac Brown said, two missed field goals, and two dropped interceptions for TD's. The game should've been more one-sided. Like I said though, first game of the season. Can't wait to see what they bring over the next few weeks.

#24 ·
I think you guys are reading too far into the GG situation. Yeah, he needs more time under center to get more comfortable, but that's secondary to the running game. You have to ask yourself which dimension of the game needs more improvement right now, GG, or the running game. It's definitely the running game, and that just affords GG more opportunities under center without many chances at a big mistake. As UT fans we've gotten spoiled with our last few QBs, so quit expecting GG to be McCoy, because it's not very likely. I think he'll be as good as Major Applewhite, but not as good as the last two.

That's how I saw the game...focusing on the run to try and iron out some spots and shake it all out, knowing full well that our passing game can carry us if the game was close. I wasn't encouraged by the run game at all.

#27 ·
I still think Texas will go 11-1 or 10-2 this year. They won't beat people like they did in the past but muschamps defense will keep them in every game, that's for sure.

#40 ·
He would look a lot better if the receivers would catch the god damn football. Perfectly thrown ball to Goodwin should've been 6. Then the one that White DID catch in bounds. I still say they need to let GG run the damn ball.

Until they go back to more of the spread (which they did a bit of last night), the score isn't going to be like the last two years. I think that's what a bunch of people are expecting still. They're going to be grinding it out all year if they keep this offense the same.

BUT, let's talk positive, how about the freshman Mike Davis? I like how Fozzy was running hard. Now let's hope he just stays healthy all season *fingers crossed*

#53 ·
Well, looks like this year will come down to the play of the Oline. Let's hope they can get their shit together in 2 weeks.

Oh, and this Defense is stout. Even though i'm getting tired of seeing the same person make ONE mistake that ends up costing Texas a td each week. I'm talking about you, Chykie Brown!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.