Who do you like going to the playoffs? NFL - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Who do you like going to the playoffs? NFL

AFC
Jets
Patriots
Ravens
Chargers
Colts
Texans

NFC
Cowboys
Saints
Packers
Vikings
49ers
Giants

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Looks pretty good but I don't know about the cowboys cause they have a very hard schedule. They might get the wild card spot.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Hard to judge given that no games have taken place yet, and I'm not going to judge anything based on preseason, because preseason means squat.

I'll stick with my guesses from the official 2010 football season thread.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
I wouldn't count out the falcons either. I highly doubt they will win their division but they might be a spoiler for the cowboys for the wild card spot.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
The Cowboys do have a tough schedule, and your right about the Falcons they can make a run. Its the first time in their franchise that they have had back to back winning seasons.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Hard to judge given that no games have taken place yet, and I'm not going to judge anything based on preseason, because preseason means squat.

I'll stick with my guesses from the official 2010 football season thread.
x2

Although I'll say Eagles and Washington make the playoffs but no Dallas!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
x2

Although I'll say Eagles and Washington make the playoffs but no Dallas!
Im not on the Kevin Kolb bandwagon yet. I think he needs to show me something.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Steelers vs. Steelers Super Bowl! Steelers win! Lmao.

I'll come back to this thread and post my opinion after week 4. Preseason is way too early to tell and I would like to see all of the teams before the bye.

Geor! is offline  
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Im not on the Kevin Kolb bandwagon yet. I think he needs to show me something.
Kevin who? I thought Vick was playing.. LOL






Little bit of sarcasm there

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Hard to judge given that no games have taken place yet, and I'm not going to judge anything based on preseason, because preseason means squat.

I'll stick with my guesses from the official 2010 football season thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Steelers vs. Steelers Super Bowl! Steelers win! Lmao.

I'll come back to this thread and post my opinion after week 4. Preseason is way too early to tell and I would like to see all of the teams before the bye.
It is funny how, say 10 years ago, your comments would have made absolutely no sense. You could pretty much predict the playoffs by last seasons results with a few exceptions. Now, you may have maybe 2 sure fire teams to make the playoffs in each conference, and the rest are just toss ups.

Parody sucks ass in my opinion.
mstng86 is offline  
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
It is funny how, say 10 years ago, your comments would have made absolutely no sense. You could pretty much predict the playoffs by last seasons results with a few exceptions. Now, you may have maybe 2 sure fire teams to make the playoffs in each conference, and the rest are just toss ups.

Parody sucks ass in my opinion.
Parody or parity?

Geor! is offline  
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Parody or parity?
LMAO I didn't catch that. Meh, its almost a three day weekend for me, things slip through.
mstng86 is offline  
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
x2

Although I'll say Eagles and Washington make the playoffs but no Dallas!
Crackhead...


So, Shanahan is magically going to fix all of Washington's problems overnight, huh? Is he Gods gift to football? Must be. I guess that's why he got fired in Denver.
bcoop is offline  
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Crackhead...


So, Shanahan is magically going to fix all of Washington's problems overnight, huh? Is he Gods gift to football? Must be. I guess that's why he got fired in Denver.
That and they still don't have a QB worth a damn. I think McNabb's days are over.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:29 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Steelers vs. Steelers Super Bowl! Steelers win! Lmao.

I'll come back to this thread and post my opinion after week 4. Preseason is way too early to tell and I would like to see all of the teams before the bye.
Unless they play the Broncos!

Charlie Batch...really?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Unless they play the Broncos!

Charlie Batch...really?
Quit looking into the preseason you red-headed bastard!

Geor! is offline  
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 AM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
Cant believe Steelers are not on your list


Go Cowboys!
Juiced4V is offline  
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
i don't think the jets make it this time.

cowboys... i'm 50/50 on, really just depends on injuries. i think they will make it by winning the division, the rest of the division looks the weakest it has been in years.
momo stallion is offline  
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
i don't think the jets make it this time.

cowboys... i'm 50/50 on, really just depends on injuries. i think they will make it by winning the division, the rest of the division looks the weakest it has been in years.
Lies. IDAJeff predicted the SB winner last year, so he's God's gift to football. Wait, or is that Mike Shanahan?

Either way, 'God' says Cowboys miss the playoffs because Philly and Washington take the division and wild card.



LMGDAO!!!!
bcoop is offline  
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:24 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Lies. IDAJeff predicted the SB winner last year, so he's God's gift to football. Wait, or is that Mike Shanahan?

Either way, 'God' says Cowboys miss the playoffs because Philly and Washington take the division and wild card.



LMGDAO!!!!
Hater.

Geor! is offline  
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Hater.
Yep. I hate the Steelers, the Patriots, the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins. So be it.


I'm playing in a FFL with a former coworker, and the dude's girlfriend and her brother are in the league also. Both are die hard Steeler fans. The dude used to work for ESPN (basketball stats) so he thinks he's a football God, and when I bust him on his shit he gets so pissy he calls my former coworker to complain, whine, and cry. Anyhow, he is such a fan he actually coddles Ben's cock in his mouth. Seriously. He makes you look like a fairweather fan.

The bitchboy actually wanted to hold a vote to get me ousted from the league, because my team name is "Fear the Raper".

I thought you might get a chuckle out of that.
bcoop is offline  
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Lies. IDAJeff predicted the SB winner last year, so he's God's gift to football. Wait, or is that Mike Shanahan?

Either way, 'God' says Cowboys miss the playoffs because Philly and Washington take the division and wild card.



LMGDAO!!!!
no kidding.

my main concern: i will be spending a lot of time yelling at my tv and taking jason garrett's name in extreme vain wondering why he is still the coordinator as i watch a talented offense struggle to put up points.
momo stallion is offline  
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post

my main concern: i will be spending a lot of time yelling at my tv and taking jason garrett's name in extreme vain wondering why he is still the coordinator as i watch a talented offense struggle to put up points.
I was screaming at him last night. Fucking moron. McGee went to A&M and ran the option. When the stupid ass run game wasn't working, why the fuck not run the option here and there instead of that ignorant goddamn draw play every time? It's irritating. The only running play Garret knows is that stupid draw out of the shotgun.
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
The only running play Garret knows is that stupid draw out of the shotgun.
hahaha, no shit! it worked well 3 years ago but when you run it into the ground, people will start to notice!

i don't think his game plan changes based on who they are playing either. (ie, testing champ bailey with 5 yards of space).
momo stallion is offline  
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4V View Post
Cant believe Steelers are not on your list


Go Cowboys!
I think they are now with Big Ben only being suspended for 4 games and I like Dennis Dixon over Byron Leftwich.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Yep. I hate the Steelers, the Patriots, the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins. So be it.


I'm playing in a FFL with a former coworker, and the dude's girlfriend and her brother are in the league also. Both are die hard Steeler fans. The dude used to work for ESPN (basketball stats) so he thinks he's a football God, and when I bust him on his shit he gets so pissy he calls my former coworker to complain, whine, and cry. Anyhow, he is such a fan he actually coddles Ben's cock in his mouth. Seriously. He makes you look like a fairweather fan.

The bitchboy actually wanted to hold a vote to get me ousted from the league, because my team name is "Fear the Raper".

I thought you might get a chuckle out of that.
"Fear the Raper". Holy fuck that is funny!

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

WisH4SvTs is offline  
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Its all about denver and new orleans saints once again. Saints will repeat this year just face it they are the team of the decade. Washington, seattle, 49ers & miami all look good in my opinion.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Oh and seriously, what's the odds of me predicting the super bowl champs twice in a row. That's just silly come on now guys be a realist.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
AFC

Colts - (self explanatory)
Patriots - (I don't like what I'm seeing from the Jet's offense)
Bengals - ( Offense looked more solid than last year)
Chargers - (no one else in the AFC West can stand up to them)
Texans - (good enough for the playoffs, just not good enough to beat the Colts)
Titans - (also can't beat the Colts)

NFC

Cowboys - (I think the Offense will get it together.)
Saints - (Yes, I'm a fanboy but I'm also 100% justified)
Green Bay - (Vikings are in for a fall..)
49ers - (NFC West is really weak. No one else can take them)
Falcons - (As long as their starting QB stays healthy. They are good enough to win the NFC South if the Saints didn't exist).
Detroit Lions (my wild ass crazy mofo pick of the year)

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
heck now that the Cardinals dont have Matt Lineart and Derek Anderson has been so so thus far, lol the Rams chances to win the West has gone up. Not much but some lol. Anyone other than me on here think that the Rams could beat the Cardinals in Week 1?

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
heck now that the Cardinals dont have Matt Lineart and Derek Anderson has been so so thus far, lol the Rams chances to win the West has gone up. Not much but some lol. Anyone other than me on here think that the Rams could beat the Cardinals in Week 1?
With the way Bradford has played I'd say the Rams are almost a lock to win that. But I still don't see them topping the Niners in the west. I don't see them making the wildcard cut either.

But next year I think they'll be a lot more dangerous.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
With the way Bradford has played I'd say the Rams are almost a lock to win that. But I still don't see them topping the Niners in the west. I don't see them making the wildcard cut either.

But next year I think they'll be a lot more dangerous.
STL still has two things to address before they will ever be a true contender. O Line, and defense.
bcoop is offline  
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
STL still has two things to address before they will ever be a true contender. O Line, and defense.
Mhmmm thumbs up on the avatar.


St. Louis won't be going anywhere anytime soon because Seattle & the 49ers are still getting better and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Mhmmm thumbs up on the avatar.


St. Louis won't be going anywhere anytime soon because Seattle & the 49ers are still getting better and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
lmao, I haven't seen a single smart move, or any drastic improvements from Pete Carroll. And SF has a QB issue they are going to have to resolve before they ever do a whole lot. They do have a guy, that I think is capable on their roster. However, he doesn't seem to get any playing time.
bcoop is offline  
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
AFC

Colts - (self explanatory)
Patriots - (I don't like what I'm seeing from the Jet's offense)
Bengals - ( Offense looked more solid than last year)
Chargers - (no one else in the AFC West can stand up to them)
Texans - (good enough for the playoffs, just not good enough to beat the Colts)
Titans - (also can't beat the Colts)

NFC

Cowboys - (I think the Offense will get it together.)
Saints - (Yes, I'm a fanboy but I'm also 100% justified)
Green Bay - (Vikings are in for a fall..)
49ers - (NFC West is really weak. No one else can take them)
Falcons - (As long as their starting QB stays healthy. They are good enough to win the NFC South if the Saints didn't exist).
Detroit Lions (my wild ass crazy mofo pick of the year)
Applause.....
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
lmao, I haven't seen a single smart move, or any drastic improvements from Pete Carroll. And SF has a QB issue they are going to have to resolve before they ever do a whole lot. They do have a guy, that I think is capable on their roster. However, he doesn't seem to get any playing time.
Pete Carrol has made a few changes since being named head coach.

I also think with the last 2-3 years Seattle's draft picks have a whole lot more potential just my .02


49ers are at the top of that division even with out knowing who will be playing quarterback..... I'm not sold on the Arizona Cardinals being a great ball club just yet.

I can't wait to see the 49ers vs Seahawks games this year!! Taylor Mays is going to fuck some shit up.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Pete Carrol has made a few changes since being named head coach.

I also think with the last 2-3 years Seattle's draft picks have a whole lot more potential just my .02


49ers are at the top of that division even with out knowing who will be playing quarterback..... I'm not sold on the Arizona Cardinals being a great ball club just yet.

I can't wait to see the 49ers vs Seahawks games this year!! Taylor Mays is going to fuck some shit up.
Or get burned. He reminds me of Roy Williams.
mstng86 is offline  
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Or get burned. He reminds me of Roy Williams.
I just want to see what is going to be said between Pete Carroll and Taylor Mays......

Pete told Mays he would draft him if he was there and sure enough Mays was. Instead he drafted Earl Thomas another big safety and that completely pissed off Mays haha!

On another note Mays does remind me of a young Roy Williams but damn when the guy connects it's exciting!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
AFC

South - Colts (Typical)
East - Patriots (Jets O struggles as Dynasty rises again)
North - Bengals (Balanced O rides a good Defense)
West - Chargers ( Default cause division sucks, lol)
WC - Texans ( Good team, finally make the playoff push)
WC - Jets ( Hold on for a WC spot)

NFC

South - Saints (Don't think Atlanta can overtake them)
East - NYG ( No clue why I believe this)
North - Packers ( Not as dominant as some think, but they'll get it done)
West - Seahawks ( Weak division, I;ll take the most experienced QB)
WC - Eagles/Boys ( Solid D, Offense gets in syns with Kolb/Dallas find Offense and fixes a leaky secondary)
WC - Atlanta ( Easier schedule than most)

I still say the NFC East is the class of the NFC, but they all have tough schedules this year. Who knows what happens. And before the haters jump in, those are just my predictions. Dallas has all their really tough games on the road it seems. WIll be interesting season for sure! I can't wait!!!!

And of course, I hope it comes down to the Eagles being in it for week 17 where it is back in Philly again this year against the Boys. Keep the final showdown game a tradition. And props to the NFL for keeping this rivalry going with huge meaning. I just hope Philly finds a way to make that game meaningful

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Or get burned. He reminds me of Roy Williams.
Agreed. The more I looked in to highlight reels, the more he reminded me of Roy Williams. He doesn't wrap up for shit. He goes for the big hit, every time. Makes for great highlights, but also makes for big blooper reels.
bcoop is offline  
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Pete Carrol has made a few changes since being named head coach.
Never said he didn't. I said I haven't seen any SMART moves made. Smart being the operative word....
bcoop is offline  
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Agreed. The more I looked in to highlight reels, the more he reminded me of Roy Williams. He doesn't wrap up for shit. He goes for the big hit, every time. Makes for great highlights, but also makes for big blooper reels.
I also watched him while he was working out at the Combine. He couldn't handle most of the receivers he covered in drills.
mstng86 is offline  
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
Dallas has all their really tough games on the road it seems. WIll be interesting season for sure! I can't wait!!!!
Strangely, I'm ok with that. I read an article the other day about Romo being a road warrior, with a solid road record.
bcoop is offline  
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Never said he didn't. I said I haven't seen any SMART moves made. Smart being the operative word....
Give me some clarification on what exactly is considered smart and not smart?

Something you might think is stupid someone else may think would be considered a smart move.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Give me some clarification on what exactly is considered smart and not smart?

Something you might think is stupid someone else may think would be considered a smart move.

Cutting Houshmanzadeh, when you have no solid #1 WR.

His trades for Washington and LenDale White. Neither are going to be what he is expecting from them. And fuck Mays. If given the option of Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays, 32 out of 32 teams in the NFL will take Earl Thomas 110% of the time.
bcoop is offline  
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Lets look at each teams situation in the West

49ers - Has QB issues and has issues in its secondary. The best players on this team are Frank Gore at RB, Vernon Davis at TE, Patrick Willis at LB, and I think Micheal Crabtree will imerge as a good WR. But they dont have a legit QB and their offensive line is questionable

Seahawks - Where to begin. Hasselbeck hasnt been healthy in the last 2 years. Outside of Deion Branch they dont have any receivers with experience. Running backs are questionable with Julius Jones and Justin Forsett. Defense has holes that they didnt fill. Plus Pete Carroll didnt have a good team in New England in his last coaching job. Lets be honest, he took this job rather than staying in USC cause he saw what was coming with the whole Reggie Bush investigation.

Cardinals - Lost alot of key players from the playoff runs in the last 2 years. Antrell Rolle, Anquan Boldin, Carlos Danzby gone. Picked up Jesse Porter from Miami but he runs his mouth better than he can tackle. On offense they are going to struggle with Fitzgerald being covered. Can this team run the football on a regular basis. Who will fill Boldins void on offense. Is Anderson going to have a Pro Bowl year like in 2007 in Cleveland or is he going to struggle like in the two years after his Pro Bowl. How will the secondary stop the deep ball with Rolle gone. Just lots of issues.

RAMS - Have a QB to build on in the future with Sam Bradford. Have a workhorse RB in Steve Jackson who is entering his prime. Need help on WR with Donnie Avery being out with a knee injury, but still need help even if he was healthy. Offensive line will be better with Jason Smith getting more experience and also getting rid of Alex Barron who was a lazy bust. Have one of the best defensive minded coaches in the NFL with Spangnola. Has one of the best safeties in the NFL in Otogwe. Just need to fix our defense, hopefully Chris Long will have a breakout year. Secondary has some work. Also the additon of Mark Clayton at WR was a good pickup with Avery out. Unlike the Seahawks, the Rams have a direction in where they are going.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Cutting Houshmanzadeh, when you have no solid #1 WR.

His trades for Washington and LenDale White. Neither are going to be what he is expecting from them. And fuck Mays. If given the option of Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays, 32 out of 32 teams in the NFL will take Earl Thomas 110% of the time.
Houshmanzadeh was cut because he wanted like $40 Million..... fuck that smartest move by far! Got little production out of him last year and he isn't worth the money.


I'm not disagreeing about Mays going before Thomas because it's obvious. Thomas is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Houshmanzadeh was cut because he wanted like $40 Million..... fuck that smartest move by far! Got little production out of him last year and he isn't worth the money.
Still got more production out of him than any other receiver on that team. Wanted $40 million? More like that's what his contract was worth. I understand wanting to cut costs. But you don't cut costs when you have jack dick for receivers. Find a suitable replacement, THEN cut Housh. If that means having to pay him one more year, so be it. You don't cut the best WR you have, and bank on the likes of Golden Tate (an unproven rookie) and Williams (a notorious fuck up at life).
bcoop is offline  
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Considering it's hard enough to pick 6 teams that WONT make the playoffs, no way am I going to decide on the actual playoff participants.

so fuckin'

RyanB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome