Boys vs. Dolphins - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Boys vs. Dolphins

Its a Thurs. night game peeps, set your DVR's. I know most of you are pretty upset you wont see Romo, but hey everyone needs a day off...

Boys - 17
BP's Fins - 10
BOOSTED32V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:11 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Well since Romo isn't playing they might actually have a chance to win one of these.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Miami 34-24

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
 
post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Miami 10-7. I don't know anyone that is going to watch this game.
mstng86 is offline  
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
I will probably catch the end of it as I am deleting what ever DVR'd show I just finished watching before I turn the tv off and go to bed.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
I'll be watching... Not because it's a Cowboys game but I'd like to see Miami before the season gets started.

Like I said before they'll definitely be a team to look out for this season.

Besides football is football regardless of who is playing the way I see it. Preseason or not, High School or Pop Warner doesn't matter.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
I'll be watching for sure... I would say:

Miami 17 Dallas 10

If this was a regular season game I would give the edge to the Cowboys, but without Romo playing... I don't think the Cowboys offense gets much.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
I'll be watching for sure... I would say:

Miami 17 Dallas 10

If this was a regular season game I would give the edge to the Cowboys, but without Romo playing... I don't think the Cowboys offense gets much.
I'd say Kitna has a few three and outs then gets into a little bit of a rhythm

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I'd say Kitna has a few three and outs then gets into a little bit of a rhythm
Maybe... preseason is such a crap shoot, you never know what you are going to get.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:12 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
I'll be watching for sure... I would say:

Miami 17 Dallas 10

If this was a regular season game I would give the edge to the Cowboys, but without Romo playing... I don't think the Cowboys offense gets much.
Wait, what?
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
Maybe... preseason is such a crap shoot, you never know what you are going to get.
Ain't that the truth.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Wait, what?
Wade came out yesterday saying that Romo is not playing at all in the last preseason game.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Mexican Crew
 
paul_376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,612
COwboys - 49
miami - 3

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

paul_376 is offline  
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 AM
 
Murph Tang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 2,843
I think I have to mow my yard.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
Murph Tang is offline  
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
So absolutly no starters are playing on offense. Even Kitna isn't scheduled to play, McGee is starting.

My prediction: MORONIC Cowboy "Fans" will be on here bitching about the lack of offense and declaring the season over.

It's preseason, no one should care.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
Wade came out yesterday saying that Romo is not playing at all in the last preseason game.
And? Go back and look at what I put in bold again.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
So absolutly no starters are playing on offense. Even Kitna isn't scheduled to play, McGee is starting.

My prediction: MORONIC Cowboy "Fans" will be on here bitching about the lack of offense and declaring the season over.

It's preseason, no one should care.
Why are you putting fans in quotes. What are you saying exactly? What the hell makes you think you can generalize that all cowboys fans are moronic
mstng86 is offline  
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
And? Go back and look at what I put in bold again.
What I am trying to say is that the Cowboys struggled to do anything with their first team offense playing extended time in the 3rd preseason game, what makes you think their scrubs will do better?

If your most valuable player on offense (I am assuming it's Romo) is not playing (and who knows who else isn't), don't you think that brings down the entire unit? I don't think McGee or Kitna (if he plays) will do much, but as I said earlier, preseason is always a crapshoot... so who knows?

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
One more week of this bullshit. Come week 1, if they still can't produce, I'm finally going to speak up. And it's nothing new. I've been screaming the same thing for 3 years now...
bcoop is offline  
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
One more week of this bullshit. Come week 1, if they still can't produce, I'm finally going to speak up. And it's nothing new. I've been screaming the same thing for 3 years now...

Get that no talent ass/horribly coached football team off the field?


Edit: oVERRRRRRRRR rATEDDDDDDDD

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Get that no talent ass/horribly coached football team off the field?


Edit: oVERRRRRRRRR rATEDDDDDDDD
Nope. The problem is one person, and one person only.
bcoop is offline  
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Well Bcoop I think I speak for every Dallas Cowboys fan on this note... Ya'll should of hired Mike Shannahan and Dallas Should have gone 14 years without a single playoff win. Maybe Wade wouldn't have stayed.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
What I am trying to say is that the Cowboys struggled to do anything with their first team offense playing extended time in the 3rd preseason game, what makes you think their scrubs will do better?

If your most valuable player on offense (I am assuming it's Romo) is not playing (and who knows who else isn't), don't you think that brings down the entire unit? I don't think McGee or Kitna (if he plays) will do much, but as I said earlier, preseason is always a crapshoot... so who knows?

What I'm saying is that WITH Romo they haven't done jack shit, yet in your post, the one I put your text in bold, you lead everyone to believe that now they won't be doing anything on offense without him. They ain't done a damn thing WITH him so I don't see why they would be any worse than rock bottom. I have never been a Cowboys fan, just struck me as humorous the way you said it.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Well Bcoop I think I speak for every Dallas Cowboys fan on this note... Ya'll should of hired Mike Shannahan and Dallas Should have gone 14 years without a single playoff win. Maybe Wade wouldn't have stayed.
Are you speaking English?
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
I think I am.... Ya'll fucked up. It's funny because Washington is going to kick that Cowboy ass all season.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I think I am.... Ya'll fucked up. It's funny because Washington is going to kick that Cowboy ass all season.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
bcoop is offline  
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
Its a Thurs. night game peeps, set your DVR's. I know most of you are pretty upset you wont see Romo, but hey everyone needs a day off...

Boys - 17
BP's Fins - 10
Whoa..a realistic prediction from Henry. Losing the faith H?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
I got free tickets (about what they are worth for a preseason game) so I am going with my family and will probably drop a few hundred on food, parking, and souvenirs.

Boys: 10
Miami: 17

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I got free tickets (about what they are worth for a preseason game) so I am going with my family and will probably drop a few hundred on food, parking, and souvenirs.

Boys: 10
Miami: 17
Lol! You're not kidding!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
I think the starters should play at least two series so that way they can fix the issues from last week. I understand the injury factor, but injuries can happen in any week. Plus Im laughing over how this team is saying that they are tired from camp. lol do you hear the other 31 teams saying they are tired?

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #31 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
Its a Thurs. night game peeps, set your DVR's. I know most of you are pretty upset you wont see Romo, but hey everyone needs a day off...

Boys - 17
BP's Fins - 10
Do you really think the cowboys will win every game?

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #32 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 AM
 
Murph Tang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 2,843
Its raining so I think instead of mowing the yard I'll work on my scrapbooking.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
Murph Tang is offline  
post #33 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
I think the starters should play at least two series so that way they can fix the issues from last week. I understand the injury factor, but injuries can happen in any week. Plus Im laughing over how this team is saying that they are tired from camp. lol do you hear the other 31 teams saying they are tired?

Cowboys have also played 1 more week than everyone else has. Two a days, every day. When in Oxnard, and SA, they didn't have a single day off. I can guarantee you, other teams have had days off.

And yes, I'm sure players on other teams are saying the same. You don't hear about them as much, because you're not there listening to the local news. Cowboys also get more press coverage by ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.
bcoop is offline  
post #34 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph Tang View Post
Its raining so I think instead of mowing the yard I'll work on my scrapbooking.
yea i have to get the yard mowed before I leave for Austin Friday night and I dont think thats going to happen now.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #35 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Cowboys have also played 1 more week than everyone else has. Two a days, every day. When in Oxnard, and SA, they didn't have a single day off. I can guarantee you, other teams have had days off.

And yes, I'm sure players on other teams are saying the same. You don't hear about them as much, because you're not there listening to the local news. Cowboys also get more press coverage by ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.
They get paid millions of dollars so I honestly dont want to hear your tired.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #36 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Cowboys have also played 1 more week than everyone else has. Two a days, every day. When in Oxnard, and SA, they didn't have a single day off. I can guarantee you, other teams have had days off.

And yes, I'm sure players on other teams are saying the same. You don't hear about them as much, because you're not there listening to the local news. Cowboys also get more press coverage by ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.
These guys makes millions and millions of dollars for what 6 months of work. I think they shouldn't have a day off until the regular season, and thats after the day they just played. And the way the starters look for the cowboys they need to play as much as they can.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #37 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
They get paid millions of dollars so I honestly dont want to hear your tired.
So because they make money hand over fist, they aren't allowed to be tired? I got $100 that says you wouldn't last 3 days of what any professional football player goes through during training camp.
bcoop is offline  
post #38 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
I think the starters should play at least two series so that way they can fix the issues from last week. I understand the injury factor, but injuries can happen in any week. Plus Im laughing over how this team is saying that they are tired from camp. lol do you hear the other 31 teams saying they are tired?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Cowboys have also played 1 more week than everyone else has. Two a days, every day. When in Oxnard, and SA, they didn't have a single day off. I can guarantee you, other teams have had days off.

And yes, I'm sure players on other teams are saying the same. You don't hear about them as much, because you're not there listening to the local news. Cowboys also get more press coverage by ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.
Don't forget the travel that has come out of this camp. They will have played 5 preseason games, and have held camp at 3 different locations in 2 different states. Jerry has turned it into a sideshow instead of real football.
mstng86 is offline  
post #39 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
These guys makes millions and millions of dollars for what 6 months of work. I think they shouldn't have a day off until the regular season, and thats after the day they just played. And the way the starters look for the cowboys they need to play as much as they can.
They are working out all year long. They don't have an offseason anymore.
mstng86 is offline  
post #40 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
So far in this preseason the Packers, Ravens, Texans, and 49ers have been good and somewhat sharp. I was really impressed with Houston last week. I thought they would be a good team, but now I think if everyone remains healthy that they can make a playoff run.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #41 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
They are working out all year long. They don't have an offseason anymore.
ehhh...they might be working out but they actually don't put in the effort like they do the start of July to the end of the season.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #42 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Don't forget the travel that has come out of this camp. They will have played 5 preseason games, and have held camp at 3 different locations in 2 different states. Jerry has turned it into a sideshow instead of real football.
San Antonio they practiced in a dome, they went to Oxnard cause its not too hot. So its not like they are battling the heat, if they were I could understand that.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #43 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Don't forget the travel that has come out of this camp. They will have played 5 preseason games, and have held camp at 3 different locations in 2 different states. Jerry has turned it into a sideshow instead of real football.
He has turn the team I used to love a long time ago to a team I want to lose every fucking week. I just want Jerry to fucking die and I will probably start loving the cowboys again unless Stephen does the same stupid shit as Jerry. I think Jerry as pretty much turning the cowboys into a joke.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #44 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
ehhh...they might be working out but they actually don't put in the effort like they do the start of July to the end of the season.
lmao.


You think these guys don't hit the gym 20 times harder than, you, I, or any other Joe Blow off the street 7 days a week? You're insane, man. Insane. This goes for ALL pro football players. Look at how much weight Barber lost in the offseason. Look at someone like T.O. They don't get where they are by having months off and controlling their diet. TO is old as fuck now (in football terms), and he's still a beast. Slow, can't catch, but he's still in incredible shape.

You have to remember, these DL and LBs are having to push around 300+ lb fatasses. It's not me, you, and 20 other Joe Schmuckatelli's out there. These are people at the top of their game.
bcoop is offline  
post #45 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
lmao.


You think these guys don't hit the gym 20 times harder than, you, I, or any other Joe Blow off the street 7 days a week? You're insane, man. Insane. This goes for ALL pro football players. Look at how much weight Barber lost in the offseason. Look at someone like T.O. They don't get where they are by having months off and controlling their diet. TO is old as fuck now (in football terms), and he's still a beast. Slow, can't catch, but he's still in incredible shape.

You have to remember, these DL and LBs are having to push around 300+ lb fatasses. It's not me, you, and 20 other Joe Schmuckatelli's out there. These are people at the top of their game.
Wow they go to the gym and workout. That's really living a hard life during their off season. They have the shortest season of any professional sports and still get paid the same as the NBA players who play 60 plus games more, they probably get paid more then the NHL players who play pretty much every other day during the season, and the NHL players still get pounded just like the NFL players. The NFL players have a easier job then any other professional players cause they only have true work for 6 months of the year and most of the six months they really don't get pounded on. I'm not saying the NFL players are pussies or anything like that but giving these guys days off and not playing the starters in the offseason is a bunch of BS, especially when the starters aren't playing well like the cowboy starters are.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Wow they go to the gym and workout. That's really living a hard life during their off season. They have the shortest season of any professional sports and still get paid the same as the NBA players who play 60 plus games more, they probably get paid more then the NHL players who play pretty much every other day during the season, and the NHL players still get pounded just like the NFL players. The NFL players have a easier job then any other professional players cause they only have true work for 6 months of the year and most of the six months they really don't get pounded on. I'm not saying the NFL players are pussies or anything like that but giving these guys days off and not playing the starters in the offseason is a bunch of BS, especially when the starters aren't playing well like the cowboy starters are.
What are you talking about? NBA players have GUARANTEED contracts along with the fact they have dozens of bloated huge $100+ million contracts all over the league. The highest paid football player may get a non-guaranteed conctract with a descent up front bonus. Haynsewoth has a $100 million contract, 30 of it was up front, the rest of it, he more than likely will never see.

The physicallity of football is far more demanding than running up and down a court. Hence the reason for 82 games in a season.
mstng86 is offline  
post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What are you talking about? NBA players good GUARANTEED contracts along with the fact they have dozens of bloated huge $100+ million contracts all over the league.
Ok well they have a longer season and play every other day. They put in a lot more work then other NFL players.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What are you talking about? NBA players have GUARANTEED contracts along with the fact they have dozens of bloated huge $100+ million contracts all over the league.

The physicallity of football is far more demanding than running up and down a court. Hence the reason for 82 games in a season.
Ok what about NHL? You can't say they don't get hit less the NFL players and they get paid way less then NFL players and play A LOT more games then the NFL players.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Wow they go to the gym and workout. That's really living a hard life during their off season. They have the shortest season of any professional sports and still get paid the same as the NBA players who play 60 plus games more, they probably get paid more then the NHL players who play pretty much every other day during the season, and the NHL players still get pounded just like the NFL players. The NFL players have a easier job then any other professional players cause they only have true work for 6 months of the year and most of the six months they really don't get pounded on. I'm not saying the NFL players are pussies or anything like that but giving these guys days off and not playing the starters in the offseason is a bunch of BS, especially when the starters aren't playing well like the cowboy starters are.


It's risk/reward. For anyone in business, it's a very, very simple concept. Does the reward outweigh the risk? The simple answer is no. It's preseason. None of this matters. Why risk MILLIONS of dollars getting having a guy get hurt in the preseason, be out for the year, and jeopardize your season? You can't come up with a good answer. Nobody can.


I hear you on the shorter season, amount of money, in comarison to other sports. Football is also FAR more physically demanding than any other professional sport. Look at the older guys, that are still around. Have a hard time getting around, surgery after surgery, etc. These guys put their bodies through abuse that our bodies weren't designed to handle. And again, they aren't out there pushing you or me around. They are out there playing with the top physical specimens in the world.

And lastly, these guys don't hit the gym for an hour or two a day. They are in the several hours a day. The Ticket interviewed Herschel Walker the other day. That guy works out something like 7-8 hours a day, and he doesn't even play anymore. I'm not saying every player in the NFL is in the gym 8 hours a day, but at minimum, they are in there for 4. You also don't take things in to account, like Austin and Romo practicing in the offseason. Working on timing, routes, catching drills, etc. Just because it's not an official practice doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
bcoop is offline  
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
Ok what about NHL? You can't say they don't get hit less the NFL players and they get paid way less then NFL players and play A LOT more games then the NFL players.
Meh, it's soccer on ice. They do have it tough though. Way tougher than NBA players ever will. And they get paid way less.
mstng86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome