Longhorn fans...... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Longhorn fans......

if you don't already know, you'll like this

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/h...age=1#storytop

For those who aren't horn fans and do not like seeing or hearing about this, go fuck youselves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Lifer

UT might have a tough year offensively, but they won't be out of it for long. The transition of a new QB and a whole new set will be a challenge. Maybe an Earl Campbell-type back is what they need to be a true powerhouse again.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
UT might have a tough year offensively, but they won't be out of it for long. The transition of a new QB and a whole new set will be a challenge. Maybe an Earl Campbell-type back is what they need to be a true powerhouse again.
I'm guessing you haven't watched Gilbert much since he was thrown into the National Championship game.

Just having a huge threat in the backfield can change the way a defense plays by forcing them to respect the run.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Fear the Stashe

yeah that kid ya got is a beast...

We got Brandon Williams so im happy too... i think those two and Aaron Green will be the big 3 to be linked for the 2011 class.

Im wanting to see if Stoops plays one of two true freshmens we got from Cali & Florida

Last edited by unkoricky; 08-20-2010 at 06:45 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
I'm guessing you haven't watched Gilbert much since he was thrown into the National Championship game.

Just having a huge threat in the backfield can change the way a defense plays by forcing them to respect the run.
I know, I know...Sorry, but Gilbert still has a lot to prove. Changing an offense is not easy for anyone. We need to remember that he's relacing the winningest QB in NCAA history.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
I know, I know...Sorry, but Gilbert still has a lot to prove. Changing an offense is not easy for anyone. We need to remember that he's relacing the winningest QB in NCAA history.

and we also have to remember that he has more raw talent than the winningest QB did at this time in his career also.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
yeah that kid ya got is a beast...

We got Brandon Williams so im happy too... i think those two and Aaron Green will be the big 3 to be linked for the 2011 class.

Im wanting to see if Stoops plays one of two true freshmens we got from Cali & Florida

Didn't y'all get Herschel Sims? He's no slouch

I like the fact that Green says that Brown's commitment won't scare him off if he wants to go to the Horns too. That'll be like a wet dream lol
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
The best thing to happen to Gilbert was being thrown into the National Championship game last season and being forced to learn on the field. I'd rather have him come into this season after being thrown into that game and losing than to have him come in and never have played a college game.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what happens for them this season.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
and we also have to remember that he has more raw talent than the winningest QB did at this time in his career also.
LMAO! There's 100 HS QB's with "raw talent". Are you his daddy? Uncle? Brother? Damn, man. You're a huge Gilbert apologist, and he doesn't even need one!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
The best thing to happen to Gilbert was being thrown into the National Championship game last season and being forced to learn on the field. I'd rather have him come into this season after being thrown into that game and losing than to have him come in and never have played a college game.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what happens for them this season.
He damn near pulled it off...with a lot of talent around him. McCoy made it look too easy for some of the fans out there.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
He damn near pulled it off...with a lot of talent around him. McCoy made it look too easy for some of the fans out there.
Yes sir! And I'll be happy to have any top ranked player on the team.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
LMAO! There's 100 HS QB's with "raw talent". Are you his daddy? Uncle? Brother? Damn, man. You're a huge Gilbert apologist, and he doesn't even need one!

Nope, i'm sure not, old man. I've just seen more of him than you have, i know what he's capable of. He is very very good. Now, that being said, it is possible for him to totally flop out there. But i wouldn't count on that.

You keep on harping on the "winningest qb in college" as your arguement. It's a nice arguement, but any QB that starts for 4yrs has a chance to make that happen.

You never know, maybe something happens and McCoy v.2 gets his chance to break older bros record lol

Oh yeah, were you one of those people that weren't sold on Colt until his junior year too?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Didn't y'all get Herschel Sims? He's no slouch

I like the fact that Green says that Brown's commitment won't scare him off if he wants to go to the Horns too. That'll be like a wet dream lol
Sims is going to Oklahoma State.

Its seems like year of the Rbs for the class of 2011.

I like our RB depth, waiting to see how Flinch and Clay come out.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Nope, i'm sure not, old man. I've just seen more of him than you have, i know what he's capable of. He is very very good. Now, that being said, it is possible for him to totally flop out there. But i wouldn't count on that.

You keep on harping on the "winningest qb in college" as your arguement. It's a nice arguement, but any QB that starts for 4yrs has a chance to make that happen.

You never know, maybe something happens and McCoy v.2 gets his chance to break older bros record lol

Oh yeah, were you one of those people that weren't sold on Colt until his junior year too?
Fuckin' aye right it's a "nice arguement", because there's no rebuttal! Remember, youngster, I've watched a shitload of Longhorn football. Yeah, after VY, of course I was sceptical...who wasn't (truthfully)?

Your 3rd sentence tells it all.

If "any QB that starts for 4 years" can do it, then why haven't they?

As a 40 year UT fan (yeah...I watched them beat Notre Dame) I REALLY hope Gilbert breaks every record at the school, but first, can't we just see him win his FIRST game before handing him the Heisman and a national title?
Dammit!

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Fuckin' aye right it's a "nice arguement", because there's no rebuttal! Remember, youngster, I've watched a shitload of Longhorn football. Yeah, after VY, of course I was sceptical...who wasn't (truthfully)?

Your 3rd sentence tells it all.

If "any QB that starts for 4 years" can do it, then why haven't they?

As a 40 year UT fan (yeah...I watched them beat Notre Dame) I REALLY hope Gilbert breaks every record at the school, but first, can't we just see him win his FIRST game before handing him the Heisman and a national title?
Dammit!

LOL no, we have to give it to him now. Dammit!

and unfotunatly, i'm old enough to remember the '90 cotton bowl beat down from Miami

argh, hurry up 2weeks
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Sims is going to Oklahoma State.

Its seems like year of the Rbs for the class of 2011.

I like our RB depth, waiting to see how Flinch and Clay come out.

Yes it is.

Speaking of OSU, have you seen the highlight vids of Barry Sanders, Jr.? HOLY SHIT
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL no, we have to give it to him now. Dammit!

and unfotunatly, i'm old enough to remember the '90 cotton bowl beat down from Miami

argh, hurry up 2weeks
I thought the Ranger's would keep me occupied until football season, but it's not working. I got that SI with the Longhorn secondary on the cover, and it pretty much did me in.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
I thought the Ranger's would keep me occupied until football season, but it's not working. I got that SI with the Longhorn secondary on the cover, and it pretty much did me in.

Me too. Hopefully Mack and Davis stick to their running game plan.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I still love the 'Horn's , brotha. I have 2 more games to attend!

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Damn, why you bringing up old shit? lol

Hey, i'm still waiting on Brown lol

By next year he should be used to running behind no Oline. The one he has this year sucks and he's still doing badass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement