Kosier Limped off Practice Field - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Kosier Limped off Practice Field

Likely out rest of preseason. I don't know what the injury was.

Man, this is getting ugly fast. The Cowboys have been EXTREMELY lucky with injuries for several years, up until last season. Hopefully between this season and last, they are getting it all out of the way and will have a healthy run for a while. This sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Lifer

Please stop playing preseason games and making so many preseason practices. These guys train all year long, there is no need for all of this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Please stop playing preseason games and making so many preseason practices. These guys train all year long, there is no need for all of this.
Agreed. And as much as I would absolutely love a longer season, this is exactly what is going to happen if they end up going to a 18-20 game season. Such a move would change the entire strategy of the NFL. The focus would become depth, and fewer stars. While I don't think that is entirely bad, it just seems like it would water things down too much for my taste.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Agreed. And as much as I would absolutely love a longer season, this is exactly what is going to happen if they end up going to a 18-20 game season. Such a move would change the entire strategy of the NFL. The focus would become depth, and fewer stars. While I don't think that is entirely bad, it just seems like it would water things down too much for my taste.
Maybe that is one argument for the owners to have secretly among themselves. If they can put some of these "stars" in their place, and make them realize they can be replaced, then that gives them a huge bargaining chip when all of these massive contracts are discussed. The whole subject goes in the favor of the owners. They don't have to put their bodies on the line for 2 or 3 more games a year. It makes no difference to them how hard that task is. The money will come in, the players will have less to bargain with and theres even more tv rights and butts in the seat. Win Win for the owners here.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
May the Force be w/you

I keep seeing the injuries pile up and I'm just like "What else?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement