My driver swing... pick it apart. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

My driver swing... pick it apart.

I have only one issue with my swing currently, and that's my sudden ability to overcook a monster draw/snap hook.

At Bear Creek Sunday my frozen rope drives on the front 9 turned into draw, draw, pull draw, 3 repeated snap hooks.

Does anything stand out in my swing that might lead to this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I'm not sure if I can explain it here the way I could in person, but I'll try.

First, you're not getting a full lockout on your rear up swing, so in order to make up for the power you have in reserve, you're pulling/forcing the down swing.

Also, on your up swing, your hips aren't timed properly to get full rotation and having to pull your follow through hip causing the reaction on the ball you are getting. (I hope that makes sense to you. I'm horrible at explaining it rather than showing it. It's a feel thing for me.)

Think of it like your bowling approach. You can create power all kinds of ways, but everything needs to line up at the time of delievery at the foul line. But if its forced, you'll tug it or dump it. Everything needs to line up at the moment of impact on the ball, but create as much force/head speed you can with the leverage you have available.

You've got a bunch of potential left in your swing. I bet you're only at 60-70% right now with what you are capable of. It's hard to see in video, I could tell better in person if it's you muscling it or maybe your back is just tight to limit your rotational mobility. But try it out, maybe stretch your back abit more.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Bitter Italian

Looks like you're standing on the wrong side of the ball, but I suck at golf so don't take my advice.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Lifer

Try to lean a little more forward, where your weight is over the balls of your feet. My instructor used to tell me that. I haven't played golf in years, but I carried a 10-handicap for a long time on some tough courses.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Fuck golf !

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

What else do you film yourself doing? lmao

Wait. Don't answer that.

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I'm not sure if I can explain it here the way I could in person, but I'll try.

First, you're not getting a full lockout on your rear up swing, so in order to make up for the power you have in reserve, you're pulling/forcing the down swing.

Also, on your up swing, your hips aren't timed properly to get full rotation and having to pull your follow through hip causing the reaction on the ball you are getting. (I hope that makes sense to you. I'm horrible at explaining it rather than showing it. It's a feel thing for me.)

Think of it like your bowling approach. You can create power all kinds of ways, but everything needs to line up at the time of delievery at the foul line. But if its forced, you'll tug it or dump it. Everything needs to line up at the moment of impact on the ball, but create as much force/head speed you can with the leverage you have available.

You've got a bunch of potential left in your swing. I bet you're only at 60-70% right now with what you are capable of. It's hard to see in video, I could tell better in person if it's you muscling it or maybe your back is just tight to limit your rotational mobility. But try it out, maybe stretch your back abit more.
What?...

Upper body has quite a bit of sway. Other than that, it all looks pretty good.

Last edited by BlackSnake1996; 08-12-2010 at 08:04 AM.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
It's hard to see in video, I could tell better in person if it's you muscling it or maybe your back is just tight to limit your rotational mobility. But try it out, maybe stretch your back abit more.
How much more rotation do you want? I'm past 90* on takeaway by a mile, I can see my shoulderblade on my backswing. I can't get my arms across my chest any more without bending my right elbow (which I won't do)

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
KAZ
Time Served

I'm no expert, but maybe tuck your left elbow into your body a little more. For the most part your swing looks pretty damn good to me.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Time Served

One thing I have noticed in my game when I start snap-hooking it is the distance I am from the ball.

I just move back a little and that helps a ton.
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:15 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
How much more rotation do you want? I'm past 90* on takeaway by a mile, I can see my shoulderblade on my backswing. I can't get my arms across my chest any more without bending my right elbow (which I won't do)

LOL, I told you I'd have a hard time explaining it here. It's something I do out of habit, just like throwing a bowling ball.

Look at the angle of your left shoulder versus the angle of your left hip. You can't go any farther because your hip is preventing it. Rotate your hips with your shoulders. Then on the down swing drive everything together off your back leg. The trick is the timing of lining them all up together at the same time on impact of the ball.

To troubleshoot pushing/pulling the ball, it's usually something in your timing unless it's a fundamental mistake with your hand position.

Btw, I'm not saying your swing is bad(in fact it looks pretty good), I'm just saying there is alot left in it.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
LOL, I told you I'd have a hard time explaining it here. It's something I do out of habit, just like throwing a bowling ball.

Look at the angle of your left shoulder versus the angle of your left hip. You can't go any farther because your hip is preventing it. Rotate your hips with your shoulders. Then on the down swing drive everything together off your back leg. The trick is the timing of lining them all up together at the same time on impact of the ball.

To troubleshoot pushing/pulling the ball, it's usually something in your timing unless it's a fundamental mistake with your hand position.

Btw, I'm not saying your swing is bad(in fact it looks pretty good), I'm just saying there is alot left in it.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996 View Post
What's funny?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
What's funny?
Something just aint right in this picture. I know you aint no golfer.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Time Served

I am no golfer, but I can generate a shit ton of power with my tennis swing.

What I see wrong there is a lack of lower body twist, you aren't getting your lower back or hips into it. Try rotating your right toe toward your left foot when you take your backswing, that will allow you to twist more and uncoil with a ton more power.

98 GT.
5 Speed
3.73's
Full Exhaust
Eibach Sportlines
18" Chrome Cobra R's
PI swap.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
I am no golfer, but I can generate a shit ton of power with my tennis swing.

What I see wrong there is a lack of lower body twist, you aren't getting your lower back or hips into it. Try rotating your right toe toward your left foot when you take your backswing, that will allow you to twist more and uncoil with a ton more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I am a HUGE fan of the X factor (google it), which is the differential between hips/shoulders on the backswing. THAT is the torque, the resistance... the hips turning throw me off time, if I plant my hips and turn against them, I get plenty of torque.

I generate between 103-106mph of club head speed. I can generally get 235-245yds of carry and 250-270yds total distance depending on conditions.

Tell this guy to turn his hips more

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Time Served

I am just saying that you can get more torque. With the feet planted, you are working primarily with your stomach muscles to get the head speed. Add in the hips and you will see an increase. I will also bet that you will get more consistent results from it

98 GT.
5 Speed
3.73's
Full Exhaust
Eibach Sportlines
18" Chrome Cobra R's
PI swap.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Something just aint right in this picture. I know you aint no golfer.
Laugh away sir. I'm a victim of a overzealous sporting parent. lol. My Dad was/is a pro bowler and a avid golfer for over 40 years. I was bowling before I could walk, playing golf not long after I could and hated both because he pushed so hard but excelled at both. Golf just happened to be my least favorite of the two because it put me out on the course with him harping on me for hours on end. lol.

But it's in my nature anything that I do get into, I learn as much as I can and jump in with both feet. I'm a fanatic for technique when it comes to anything I do, it's in part why I always have excelled at martial arts for example. I do everything I can to improve my performance and knowledge. Such is the case with BJJ these days, I'm completely obsessed learning what I can. And the great thing about BJJ, it's nearly impossible to master due to the endless techniques. But that being said, it gives me endless possiblities to take it as far as I can.

As for bowling and golf, both came very easy to me since i started so young. I think that goes for anyone who starts any hobby very young because it does become second nature while developing reflexes and mindset.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
I am just saying that you can get more torque. With the feet planted, you are working primarily with your stomach muscles to get the head speed. Add in the hips and you will see an increase. I will also bet that you will get more consistent results from it
??? my feet are working fine and aren't anywhere NEAR planted Also, core strength (abs, lats, triceps, quads) are much more important than arm strength, especially for me. I'm a shorter guy, I don't have the ability to unleash a lanky armsy Bubba Watson swing. but anyway...

This is the takeaway... a little bit of ankle roll, knee goes in...

downswing, keeping about 90* of angle on the lead arm and shaft... squaring the lead leg, rear leg pushes off...

roll onto the lead foot, off the rear toe...

So aside from hitting it FURTHER, what do you think I could do to prevent snap hooking the ball in my current swing?

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Lifer

It looks pretty good to me. But mucho props for swing a golf club as tall as you are though.

When are we guys going to have another golf gtg. I couldn't make it to the last one, I wanted to but couldn't. Maybe when it cools down a little bit?

Oh yeah I played iron horse today and shot under a 100 for the first time there. I went 54 the front nine then a 41 the back nine.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Laugh away sir. I'm a victim of a overzealous sporting parent. lol. My Dad was/is a pro bowler and a avid golfer for over 40 years. I was bowling before I could walk, playing golf not long after I could and hated both because he pushed so hard but excelled at both. Golf just happened to be my least favorite of the two because it put me out on the course with him harping on me for hours on end. lol.

But it's in my nature anything that I do get into, I learn as much as I can and jump in with both feet. I'm a fanatic for technique when it comes to anything I do, it's in part why I always have excelled at martial arts for example. I do everything I can to improve my performance and knowledge. Such is the case with BJJ these days, I'm completely obsessed learning what I can. And the great thing about BJJ, it's nearly impossible to master due to the endless techniques. But that being said, it gives me endless possiblities to take it as far as I can.

As for bowling and golf, both came very easy to me since i started so young. I think that goes for anyone who starts any hobby very young because it does become second nature while developing reflexes and mindset.
Well alright then. I figured Don or someone was at your place posting under your name as a joke. Props to ya. You should come out with Don and I some time. Promise not to harp on ya...too much. lol
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
It looks pretty good to me. But mucho props for swing a golf club as tall as you are though.

When are we guys going to have another golf gtg. I couldn't make it to the last one, I wanted to but couldn't. Maybe when it cools down a little bit?

Oh yeah I played iron horse today and shot under a 100 for the first time there. I went 54 the front nine then a 41 the back nine.
I've legitimately broken 100 there twice, both times from the green tees. Love to hate that course.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Time Served

It is too hard to see in the video. I am right handed but i also had this problem. I found that i was rolling my wrist just a little on impact. I was told by the golf pro at Irorn horse that i should think stiff wrists without actually stiffining them to correct this problem I dont know what that really means but it worked for me. BTW I love golf as much as i hate it. I once shot an 88 my best round ever followed up by a freaking 101 the next day. Maybe you should get on a player development program some where. The pdp programs are prettty cheap around $40 a month and unlimited driving range balls and a pro clinic once a week.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP View Post
It is too hard to see in the video. I am right handed but i also had this problem. I found that i was rolling my wrist just a little on impact. I was told by the golf pro at Irorn horse that i should think stiff wrists without actually stiffining them to correct this problem I dont know what that really means but it worked for me. BTW I love golf as much as i hate it. I once shot an 88 my best round ever followed up by a freaking 101 the next day. Maybe you should get on a player development program some where. The pdp programs are prettty cheap around $40 a month and unlimited driving range balls and a pro clinic once a week.
Got one.

Bear Creek is my PDP course.

No wrist-rolling issues

I think the ball is too far away from me. I set up a lesson for tomorrow.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

Where are you hands when the face hits the ball. I cant tell from the vid. It looks good to me but i dont know shit. I had a guy look at my swing at the range yesterday. My hands where getting to the ball first and right hook every time. When i would slow down and just swing(not think about it), straight as an arrow.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Hunt James for President

i am most impressed that it only took you 15 seconds to hit the ball.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Well alright then. I figured Don or someone was at your place posting under your name as a joke. Props to ya. You should come out with Don and I some time. Promise not to harp on ya...too much. lol
I'd be glad to when it cools down. I don't like it enough to go play in this crazy heat. It will have to wait until after Sept 18th. Right now I'm just getting ready for a BJJ tournament.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Lifer

Your backswing is too flat and too short. Both of these lead to what you are describing. You take the club back too far to the inside which causes the flat swing, and when you stop your swing halfway back, its almost impossible to get through the ball. You are approaching the ball from too far to the inside...your timing has to be perfect to not hit a big hook. Try to take the club back straight away. You can put a tee in the ground along your target line but behind your swing so you can take the club back to the tee before taking it up...another drill is to practice on sloped lies with the ball below your feet. When the ball is below your feet, your spine angle becomes more tilted to address the ball, forcing your shoulders to turn on a more vertical plane during the backswing. Keep your balance equally on your feet-don't lean back into the slope. During the swing, concentrate on allowing your arms to stay more in front of your body throughout the swing. This should help you deliver the clubhead on a straighter path and more solid contact should result. If the hooks and blocked shots to the right disappear, then you know that your path is correctly matched to the shaft angle at address.
If you look at the pic of Tigers lead arm (his left but your right) you can see the angle is much more upright than yours. You could make that swing plane work if you would finish your backswing. This would give you the ability to get through the ball. Do a youtube search for Matt Kuchar's swing and you will see what I am talking about...he takes the club back similar to what you do but he takes the club back much further and is able to set the club at the top and not get too quick on the downswing and screw up his/your timing. But, since you are still relatively new to the game and a quick learner, I would suggest learning a more natural, upright swing.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
I'd be glad to when it cools down. I don't like it enough to go play in this crazy heat. It will have to wait until after Sept 18th. Right now I'm just getting ready for a BJJ tournament.
Cool. I'll make sure we get ya penciled in. PM me tournament details. Sep 1st begins my hunting season, but I'll see what Austin and I can do.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Your backswing is too flat and too short. Both of these lead to what you are describing. You take the club back too far to the inside which causes the flat swing, and when you stop your swing halfway back, its almost impossible to get through the ball. You are approaching the ball from too far to the inside...your timing has to be perfect to not hit a big hook. Try to take the club back straight away. You can put a tee in the ground along your target line but behind your swing so you can take the club back to the tee before taking it up...another drill is to practice on sloped lies with the ball below your feet. When the ball is below your feet, your spine angle becomes more tilted to address the ball, forcing your shoulders to turn on a more vertical plane during the backswing. Keep your balance equally on your feet-don't lean back into the slope. During the swing, concentrate on allowing your arms to stay more in front of your body throughout the swing. This should help you deliver the clubhead on a straighter path and more solid contact should result. If the hooks and blocked shots to the right disappear, then you know that your path is correctly matched to the shaft angle at address.
If you look at the pic of Tigers lead arm (his left but your right) you can see the angle is much more upright than yours. You could make that swing plane work if you would finish your backswing. This would give you the ability to get through the ball. Do a youtube search for Matt Kuchar's swing and you will see what I am talking about...he takes the club back similar to what you do but he takes the club back much further and is able to set the club at the top and not get too quick on the downswing and screw up his/your timing. But, since you are still relatively new to the game and a quick learner, I would suggest learning a more natural, upright swing.
The upright swing is something I will always have trouble getting... Being 5'6" makes taller backswings a bit 'contorted' in the feel department. But I see what you're saying.

I get tired later in the round, suck the club inside my swingplane and drop it in and across. Pull/pull hook.

I'm going to see I there's a way to get the club higher (arm position and height) without sacrificing position.

As for the backswing not being deep enough, I'm more concerned with keeping the shaft on line with my target and not going inside my left arm. That'll force me to slice every time as I correct it on the downswing (what I used to do, and it took MONTHS to fix), I create plenty of lag and shaft angle on the downswing. My downswing seems akin to JB Holmes, comes from a relatively mild backswing and loads it on the way to the ball.

I'll be working on the height of my arms in my backswing.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Lifer

I am just telling you whats wrong with your swing and whats causing your issues. Dont ask for advice if you really dont want to hear it. Go to ANY teaching pro and he will immediately work on the two things I stated above.
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
I am just telling you whats wrong with your swing and whats causing your issues. Dont ask for advice if you really dont want to hear it. Go to ANY teaching pro and he will immediately work on the two things I stated above.
Ummmm, I agreed with your thoughts on my club path and I said I was taking a lesson today and would work on my backswing height?

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
hahahahaha LMGDAO.

Seriously though your (Don's) swing looks alot better than mine.

Oh yea, Fuck golf !!!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:30 AM
dead

could be worse, i keep hitting the ball off the damn hosel on my irons.

i am happy with my driving recently.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
thats what i was thinking, maybe youre rushing your swing, it usually takes you a good 30-45 seconds to hit the ball...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

higher backswing, allowing right arm to bow slightly up top, still with a somewhat out-to-in move... tempo feels better though.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

2nd vid is a TON better. The first viedo looks like a rished swing. No tempo at all. The back swing was way too fast and short. The follow through looked as though the club was at a very steep angle.

2nd vid was more relaxed with a slower backswing and better temp on the downswing. Keep it up man.

post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:

I don't know about the rest because I can't view it at work but in this picture, your hands are too flat (low) at the top which makes the rest of the swing too flat which can create either a dramatic hook or slice. Think of a completely flat swing being a baseball, level swing. You don't want that in golf. Get those hands higher, over your shoulders, at the top and finish high too.

Edit - Sorry ...Davbrucas already said it above. Just responded when I saw the picture early in the thread.

Last edited by FWT03Term; 08-16-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Didn't read entire thread
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Lifer

*Disclaimer*

Coming from a non-golf guy that has watched quite a bit, it looks to me as if your club is too long making your angle too shallow. It looks like its making you stand too far away from the ball and this in turn makes your swing closer to parallel with the ground. It's like you are swinging a bat instead of a club.

JMHO.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Working on a higher backswing and keeping the tempo in tune with my last lesson.

I still feel VERY VERY VERY *forced* with this swing... position feels totally fucked and my finish is completely whack. However, I hit some nice shots today.

week ago...

today

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Much better Don.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
*Disclaimer*

Coming from a non-golf guy that has watched quite a bit, it looks to me as if your club is too long making your angle too shallow. It looks like its making you stand too far away from the ball and this in turn makes your swing closer to parallel with the ground. It's like you are swinging a bat instead of a club.

JMHO.
I was thinking the same thing as well. I know how short Don is and just saw how far he looks from the ball. I use a standard length driver and I am 6'1". And I know I am closer to the ball than Don is.........

post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 AM
600 hp 13 forward gears

Location: 99 Peterbilt 379 ex. hood 600 ISX cummins Rollin down the super slab !
Happy Gilmore that fucking thing . Oh yeah Fuck pasture pool !

Fox stang coupe
97 F-250 4x4 crew cab shorty smokes really bad sometimes ???
Future cummins conversion above.
rice rocket for a daily.
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I was thinking the same thing as well. I know how short Don is and just saw how far he looks from the ball. I use a standard length driver and I am 6'1". And I know I am closer to the ball than Don is.........
I've considered cutting another 1/2" off the shaft. It's playing 45" right now (already cut an inch)

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 01:20 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I've considered cutting another 1/2" off the shaft. It's playing 45" right now (already cut an inch)
Do it right, save up the money to have a custom set of clubs made for you. You wouldn't go pluggin and redrilling house balls, so why do this the hard way too?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh sure, acknoweldge the guy that repeats my observation, but totally ignore me.....
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Lifer

Don,
Looks a bit better, however, you are still laid off at the top which is gonna result in a push or slice...or if you try to compensate with your hands, a big hook. Take a look at where your club is in relation to your target. Your clubhead should be pointed right down your target line. As it is now, when you start your downswing and stop when you are parallel to the ground, your club shaft will be pointed well right of your target which will result in the above shots. Once again, your timing will have to be perfect to hit pure shots. What I recommend doing...
-strengthen your grip (pic on left) http://www.golfdigest.com/images/ins...r01_watson.jpg

-find a mirror or reflective window and make some swings where you can see where your club is at the top to make the proper corrections

-practice swinging on a downhill lie (no ball needed, just to feel what the swing should be)

-when you get your swing in the correct spot at the top, your follow through wont have the club pointing at the ground behind you...the club should be pointed more toward the 8:00 position at the end of your swing...yours is currently at the 6:30. This shows how your swing plane is off...

Nice job so far...good luck.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Yeah, you should be playing with a 44" driver...those Callaway FT-iQ's with the Fubuki shafts are pretty long and straight and they are on the shorter side.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Oh sure, acknoweldge the guy that repeats my observation, but totally ignore me.....
For a big, tough cop you sure are sensitive...dude, take your midol already!
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
For a big, tough cop you sure are sensitive...dude, take your midol already!
You do know I have a sensitive side, right???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement