9u baseball team looking for players - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

9u baseball team looking for players

Well my son's 8u team went their seprate ways after placing 3rd in the Super Series World Series in Desoto Tx. One of the parents is trying to start his own team this Fall, If you have a kid that plays competative baseball or know someone who does , and is looking for a team please contact this guy below. We played AAA ball this spring and currently have 5 kids from the 8u team that stayed together..

Team Name = Power Stroke Baseball
Coach = Patrick Escalon
Phone Number = 817-614-5885
Email Address = [email protected]
Power Stroke Baseball is a newly formed 9U team. We will be looking for 6 boys to play competitive baseball at the elite level. Players will have full access to Maddog Baseball training facility in Mansfield. Power Strokes will play in the Sunday double header league and end of season tournament in the fall out of Burleson. We will work around football schedules. Call Patrick to setup a tryout at 817-614-5885

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVazquez View Post
Well my son's 8u team went their seprate ways after placing 3rd in the Super Series World Series in Desoto Tx. One of the parents is trying to start his own team this Fall, If you have a kid that plays competative baseball or know someone who does , and is looking for a team please contact this guy below. We played AAA ball this spring and currently have 5 kids from the 8u team that stayed together..

Team Name = Power Stroke Baseball
Coach = Patrick Escalon
Phone Number = 817-614-5885
Email Address = [email protected]
Power Stroke Baseball is a newly formed 9U team. We will be looking for 6 boys to play competitive baseball at the elite level. Players will have full access to Maddog Baseball training facility in Mansfield. Power Strokes will play in the Sunday double header league and end of season tournament in the fall out of Burleson. We will work around football schedules. Call Patrick to setup a tryout at 817-614-5885

I'm interested. So it's select, what are the fees? My son is a shortstop, but can play any infield position and played right field during All Stars and the PONY state tourney. He went 5 for 6 in two games before we were knocked out. He can switch hit, and wants to learn to pitch.

His biggest downfall is power hitting, but he hits consistently and gets on base consistently. He has the month off, but we will be working on power starting august 1st. Depending on fees, I may also have a BIG power hitter and 1st baseman interested as well. Can also play any infield position, and he is known for homeruns. Used to play for the Canes out of Irving. This will be both kids' first yr in kid pitch.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I'm interested. So it's select, what are the fees? My son is a shortstop, but can play any infield position and played right field during All Stars and the PONY state tourney. He went 5 for 6 in two games before we were knocked out. He can switch hit, and wants to learn to pitch.

His biggest downfall is power hitting, but he hits consistently and gets on base consistently. He has the month off, but we will be working on power starting august 1st. Depending on fees, I may also have a BIG power hitter and 1st baseman interested as well. Can also play any infield position, and he is known for homeruns. Used to play for the Canes out of Irving. This will be both kids' first yr in kid pitch.
Just a question but are the Canes one of the Coronado teams?

Sorry OP, not trying to hijack
Posted via Mobile Device

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Just a question but are the Canes one of the Coronado teams?

Sorry OP, not trying to hijack
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what you mean by that. It's the select Irving team. I'm not too terribly familiar with them other than that. I've met one of the coaches a few times, but that's about it. This kids Dad and I coached our son's team this year.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Oh. There is a family in Irving named the Coronados that have been around as long as I can remember coaching down at the riverbottoms. They have put together some pretty damn good teams through the years. I was just wondering if it was one of their teams but I forgot you said earlier it was you and another parent doing the coaching.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

Yes select baseball, team fees are cheap about $300.00 for fall. Please call the # above and talk to Patrick, very nice guy with alot of basball knowledge, Bcoop he is also looking for additional coaching help if your interested. We will be playing in the Pony Elite Leauge out of Burleson . It will also be the 1st year of kid pitch for our boys too. Please call him today and set up a tryout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Oh. There is a family in Irving named the Coronados that have been around as long as I can remember coaching down at the riverbottoms. They have put together some pretty damn good teams through the years. I was just wondering if it was one of their teams but I forgot you said earlier it was you and another parent doing the coaching.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is the team that took 2nd place in our World Series, very good team. I guess there is another team named Canes???

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Resident Epicurean

I talked with Patrick just a bit ago, for a while. Seems like a good enough guy. He is more about what he/they can offer the kids than what the kids can offer them, which is unique. I gave him a brief history on my kid, and the other kid that may be interested. Chulo's Dad is going to call and speak with him as well. What we do, will heavily depend on what this other kid does, because we have considered moving to a different league, or possibly starting a select team as well.

For now, my son and I are planning on attending the tryout this coming Monday. I told Patrick I would touch base with him again once Cris speaks with him.

Thanks for the info, Gabriel!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I talked with Patrick just a bit ago, for a while. Seems like a good enough guy. He is more about what he/they can offer the kids than what the kids can offer them, which is unique. I gave him a brief history on my kid, and the other kid that may be interested. Chulo's Dad is going to call and speak with him as well. What we do, will heavily depend on what this other kid does, because we have considered moving to a different league, or possibly starting a select team as well.

For now, my son and I are planning on attending the tryout this coming Monday. I told Patrick I would touch base with him again once Cris speaks with him.

Thanks for the info, Gabriel!
Good to hear, he really is a good guy. hope you will at least try it out for the Fall and make up mind from there..but only you know whats best for your kid.

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Good to hear, he really is a good guy. hope you will at least try it out for the Fall and make up mind from there..but only you know whats best for your kid.
Honestly I'm a little worried. Select bball usually operates off of invite only for tryouts, etc. These teams have guys out watching, scouting, etc. Being that no one has contacted us, I'm a little worried that he may not have what it takes, and may not make it past the tryouts. This past spring season was his first time to play, and while he did get picked up for the All Stars and moved on with the team to State, select is a whole other level. He's just flat out not a big bat, and that's what a lot of these teams are looking for. He's consistent, and his OBP is high, but most of his hits are base hits. He had a few doubles mixed in throughout the season, but not a lot.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Honestly I'm a little worried. Select bball usually operates off of invite only for tryouts, etc. These teams have guys out watching, scouting, etc. Being that no one has contacted us, I'm a little worried that he may not have what it takes, and may not make it past the tryouts. This past spring season was his first time to play, and while he did get picked up for the All Stars and moved on with the team to State, select is a whole other level. He's just flat out not a big bat, and that's what a lot of these teams are looking for. He's consistent, and his OBP is high, but most of his hits are base hits. He had a few doubles mixed in throughout the season, but not a lot.
I've been there with a daughter in a different sport, but it's the same situation. Let him give it a try. You never know what he'll do unless he's challenged. He'll get a chance to see other kids of equal and better talent, and it might be what will make him really take off. It's a great motivating factor for them to see how good other players are. Don't sell him short. Neither of you know his potential until he's really challenged.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
I've been there with a daughter in a different sport, but it's the same situation. Let him give it a try. You never know what he'll do unless he's challenged. He'll get a chance to see other kids of equal and better talent, and it might be what will make him really take off. It's a great motivating factor for them to see how good other players are. Don't sell him short. Neither of you know his potential until he's really challenged.
Oh yeah, I'll let him give it a try. And I know all about him being challenged. With the All Stars, he rose to the occasion. Little shit went 5 for 6 with 3 RBIs. All base hits, but hits none the less.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

[QUOTE=bcoop;6282490]Oh yeah, I'll let him give it a try. And I know all about him being challenged. With the All Stars, he rose to the occasion. Little shit went 5 for 6 with 3 RBIs. All base hits, but hits none the less.[/

You will be fine, that's how I felt about my kid this past spring and he did good all year, hit 5 homeruns and had the highest % in batting for about 5 weeks, Patrick will be upfront with you and tell you if he has what it takes or not...

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Resident Epicurean

I sure hope so. He hasn't ever really had to face rejection, as he excels at everything he tries. It's more just uncertainty. Since I never played baseball competitively, I really have no way to gauge where he should be since he has only played one season. Sure, he made the all stars which is quite an achievement, but that's a city league.

You going to be there this evening?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I sure hope so. He hasn't ever really had to face rejection, as he excels at everything he tries. It's more just uncertainty. Since I never played baseball competitively, I really have no way to gauge where he should be since he has only played one season. Sure, he made the all stars which is quite an achievement, but that's a city league.

You going to be there this evening?
No, I won't be there tonight my wife will be taking him. I work 3-11pm.Did yor friend(chulos dad) call too?

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
No, I won't be there tonight my wife will be taking him. I work 3-11pm.Did yor friend(chulos dad) call too?
I don't know if he called or not. I'm pretty sure they are going out there with us though.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bcoop did you go?

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement