Kobe vs. LeBron, DWade, and Bosh.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Where is Ms. Right?

Kobe vs. LeBron, DWade, and Bosh....

I really dislike the Lakers but after this summer of free agency I really want to see the Lakers Destroy the Miami Heat. I will always be a Mavs fan and will cheer them on no matter how bad they're going to get in the next few years.

The Heat will not buy a championship this year. You heard it here first! I actually think the Lakers will make their 4th consecutive trip to the Finals.

You know Kobe wants to catch Jordan with championships....

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Lifer

Kobe will always be the superior player in the NBA. He will surpass Jordan by the time he retires, mark my words. I've never seen an individual dedicated to a sport more than him.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

My Heat will win AT LEAST 7 championships in a row. MARK MY WORDS!!!

I'm a die hard Heat fan through and through

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

since july 8, 2010?

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Kobe will always be the superior player in the NBA. He will surpass Jordan by the time he retires, mark my words. I've never seen an individual dedicated to a sport more than him.
Kobe will never surpass Jordan...Mike won 3 in a row took a year off and came back and won 3 more. When Shaq left the team Kobe was getting knocked out of the playoffs. Then he tells the Lakers he is going to leave the team if they didn't get me some help. So they bring in Gasol then he wins two more. You give Mike..Kobe's team he could have 8 rings. Don't get me wrong Kobe is a great player but he is no Jordan.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
since july 8, 2010?
Hell no, die hard fan since 1988!!!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY View Post
Kobe will never surpass Jordan...Mike won 3 in a row took a year off and came back and won 3 more. When Shaq left the team Kobe was getting knocked out of the playoffs. Then he tells the Lakers he is going to leave the team if they didn't get me some help. So they bring in Gasol then he wins two more. You give Mike..Kobe's team he could have 8 rings. Don't get me wrong Kobe is a great player but he is no Jordan.
Eh, I disagree. Kobe is a way more dynamic player, and his numbers are very close to Jordans. That being said, Kobe has played in an era of bigger, faster, and more defensive players. He also has AT LEAST 3 more years to increase those numbers. I also believe Jordan was the better player in the paint, but outside that arc, no one can come close to Kobes talent.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 05:04 PM
tha cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo View Post
I really dislike the Lakers but after this summer of free agency I really want to see the Lakers Destroy the Miami Heat. I will always be a Mavs fan and will cheer them on no matter how bad they're going to get in the next few years.

The Heat will not buy a championship this year. You heard it here first! I actually think the Lakers will make their 4th consecutive trip to the Finals.

You know Kobe wants to catch Jordan with championships....
I don't think the heat are buying into a champship. If u are a great player why would not want to play with other great players and have a dynasty. There isn't a team that wins with just one great player. The bulls had jordon but don't forget jordon had pipen to back him. Kobe had shaq. They just made a great choice to work together and set their pride aside. James never wanted to be the next jordon. He wants to be more of a team player

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Eh, I disagree. Kobe is a way more dynamic player, and his numbers are very close to Jordans. That being said, Kobe has played in an era of bigger, faster, and more defensive players. He also has AT LEAST 3 more years to increase those numbers. I also believe Jordan was the better player in the paint, but outside that arc, no one can come close to Kobes talent.
He also plays in a era where the ref will blow the whistle for breathing on the other player. But if Kobe played in the era Jordan played and I bet he avg 5 less points a game maybe a little more. Hell Jordan plays now he would avg about 10 more points per game.

And if the heat gets a decent center they will win a championship this year and many years to come. If everyone stays healthy. But you never know from year to year.

2010 F-350 6.4L 4X4 CC SRW Longbed

Spartan 250 tune, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust w/DPF delete, AFE stage 2 CAI
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Lifer

I dont like Kobe cause the Refs always give him free throws on bullshit calls just because he's Kobe bryant.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
since july 8, 2010?
LMAO! Wonder how many people are going to all the sudden be die hard Heat fans!

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K*Terminator*04 View Post
LMAO! Wonder how many people are going to all the sudden be die hard Heat fans!
I'm a James fan but I'm a mavs fan first so I say fuck the heat.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM
dead

Quote:
Hell no, die hard fan since 1988!!!
nope. i made a thread that established there were 0 heat fans ever.
your fan-hood is not accepted.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
nope. i made a thread that established there were 0 heat fans ever.
your fan-hood is not accepted.
I clearly posted I have been a fan since 1988, was this thread you're talking about made before then?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 PM
tha cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I'm a James fan but I'm a mavs fan first so I say fuck the heat.
I a James fan also. The cavs didn't get him a ring so I'm glad he left. They had no coach and no offense. Good players but when ur offense is give the balls to James and let him create doesn't work to well and he tried

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Easily Jordan is one of the greats no doubt, but Kobe is a superior player. Kobe's defense is much better than Jordan's was.

Let's face it, Jordan is considered the best ever by most soley based on sentiment and the times and not facts and stats. Jordan did it all first, the big air, the first "Dream Team" and the gold medals, the ability to take over games, the at the buzzer shots to win etc. Kobe has done all that and more as well, the difference is Kobe isn't as loved as Jordan be it because of his "selfish" play style, rape allegations or just he's a threat to Jordan's legacy. But by the time the end of Kobe's career comes around he WILL surpass Jordan is every stat possible and go down as the best ever.

Quote:

No way, because that team won't stay together that long and most certainly won't stay healthy very long. But what does it say about Kobe when it takes the Heat to have James, Wade and Bosh to hope they have a chance to beat Kobe and the Lakers. The Xfactor that the Lakers have over everyone else - Phil Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY View Post
You're on crack.

Quote:
Agreed 100%. In the era of bigger, faster, stronger and players starting younger and younger, Kobe has faced tougher opposition than Jordan ever did.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

I am pretty much done with basketball on any level for a number of reasons. I just can't stand to watch it anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I am pretty much done with basketball on any level for a number of reasons. I just can't stand to watch it anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah it's rigged anyways.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Agreed 100%. In the era of bigger, faster, stronger and players starting younger and younger, Kobe has faced tougher opposition than Jordan ever did.
I disagree 100%! I don't think there is that much of a difference in the "bigger faster stronger" type of players. Even if there is that big a difference, the physical part was extremely more intense in the Jordan era. Pick 10 random playoff games, or even regular season, from the early/mid 90s back and from last season and it's 10x more physical 10 out of 10 times in the 90s. What's considered a technical now, was a just a hard foul back then. Everytime jordan went to the basket he got hammered, especially by the knicks and pistons. Much harder to score points in that era. It's the refs fault it's turned in to a game of pussies!

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisH4SvTs View Post
I disagree 100%! I don't think there is that much of a difference in the "bigger faster stronger" type of players. Even if there is that big a difference, the physical part was extremely more intense in the Jordan era. Pick 10 random playoff games, or even regular season, from the early/mid 90s back and from last season and it's 10x more physical 10 out of 10 times in the 90s. What's considered a technical now, was a just a hard foul back then. Everytime jordan went to the basket he got hammered, especially by the knicks and pistons. Much harder to score points in that era. It's the refs fault it's turned in to a game of pussies!
Gimme a break. That's only because some jackasses in Detriot decided to go into the stands during a brawl swinging on everyone including the fans. Now they are hard on fouls to keep the bullshit to a minimum. Players are making more money now then they ever have, get in more trouble with the law and act like primadonnas due to the amount of money they make. So the league started cracking down hard on everything from fouls to fines and suspensions.

Back then, the worse you may see is some elbows thrown and a shoving match. Now these guys were just getting out of control and league is doing what they can to try and get a handle on these guys.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Keep jocking

I'm not gonna get too far into this argument but Jordan played against far better competition than Kobe. I dont necessarily mean individuals but better teams. I'm not gonna rundown all of them but there were some GREAT teams in those days.

Detriot
Knicks
Jazz
Rockets....nuff said!

Jordan > Kobe
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Keep jocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Back then, the worse you may see is some elbows thrown and a shoving match.
Lol, What games were you watching? It was a far more physical game back then.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 02:10 AM
tha cookie

[QUOTE=JKD;6286793]

No way, because that team won't stay together that long and most certainly won't stay healthy very long. But what does it say about Kobe when it takes the Heat to have James, Wade and Bosh to hope they have a chance to beat Kobe and the Lakers. The Xfactor that the Lakers have over everyone else - Phil Jackson.

see kobe has a a squad to back him. James, wade, and bosh each on their own teams didn't have a squad. they are putting one together to go the distance.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
dead

Quote:
I clearly posted I have been a fan since 1988, was this thread you're talking about made before then?
doesnt count. you didnt post it in 1988 anywhere.

fake fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement