Edwards/Keselowski - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Edwards/Keselowski

Anyone else getting tired of seeing Carl Edwards acting like a spoiled little punk bitch? He's turned quite the corner from when he was this humble kid at the beginning of his career. I still remember the commercials that Nascar would play where he was talking about being so thankful for having the opportunity to race on the biggest ticket in the county and how it was the American dream that he was living. After the Nationwide race this weekend I couldn't have less respect for the guy. Not only did he blatantly wreck Keselowski for the win(again) on the front stretch of the last lap, but he ruined 7 or 8 other teams' cars that had no dog in that fight. I know racing is racing and shit happens, but I'm getting tired of his "I really don't give a fuck about anyone else but me" attitude. I'll be waiting for the day that half the field in both Sprint and Nationwide series races are trying to put him in the wall all race long for all the dumb shit that he does on track.
Lone Sailor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Anyone else getting tired of seeing Carl Edwards acting like a spoiled little punk bitch? He's turned quite the corner from when he was this humble kid at the beginning of his career. I still remember the commercials that Nascar would play where he was talking about being so thankful for having the opportunity to race on the biggest ticket in the county and how it was the American dream that he was living. After the Nationwide race this weekend I couldn't have less respect for the guy. Not only did he blatantly wreck Keselowski for the win(again) on the front stretch of the last lap, but he ruined 7 or 8 other teams' cars that had no dog in that fight. I know racing is racing and shit happens, but I'm getting tired of his "I really don't give a fuck about anyone else but me" attitude. I'll be waiting for the day that half the field in both Sprint and Nationwide series races are trying to put him in the wall all race long for all the dumb shit that he does on track.
yea i saw that and carl is wrong for what he did. It looked like Brad went in the corner too fast and deep and washed up into Carl its the last lap so I understand that. Brad got into him but he didnt spin him or wreck him. Carl not only wreck Brad but also about 4 or more other cars including Colin Braun his teammate in the 16. Brad took two hard hits when his car stop on the inside wall. I understand nascar saying have at it and show emotion, but Carl crossed it last night. I think Brad will retaliate but he will wait for the right time so that way he dosent get on probation or suspended.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Again? I missed the race but wasn't he already fined and suspended once this season for the same thing? The last time he was lucky Keselowski survived, it was ugly. They even showed the replay over and over again where he steered into him.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Again? I missed the race but wasn't he already fined and suspended once this season for the same thing? The last time he was lucky Keselowski survived, it was ugly. They even showed the replay over and over again where he steered into him.
Carl was on probation for 3 races after Atlanta. If Im Brad Im going to fuck up Edwards when it matters most. Either wreck him at Richmond which would maybe make him miss the chase or wreck him during the 10 Chase races

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Irving
Posts: 13,034
She said, "no you're wrong." I said "you got a lumpy butt"
Posted via Mobile Device
Ted is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
This is how bad it is for Carl Edwards right now. When Denny Hamilin, who has had his run ins with Brad Keselowski in the Nationwide Series. When Hamlin defends his rival Brad by saying it was a dirty move and also he was suprised he kept the win. Thats bad.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationw...lowski.dustup/


I agree with the penalty, obviously.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationw...lowski.dustup/


I agree with the penalty, obviously.
I dont agree with Brad getting probation for what he did. He didnt wreck Carl. It looked more like a racing deal where he just went in the turn carrying too much speed. Carl's was intentional

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
I dont agree with Brad getting probation for what he did. He didnt wreck Carl. It looked more like a racing deal where he just went in the turn carrying too much speed. Carl's was intentional

I don't think they gave him the probation for what happened last weekend, I think they are giving him probation to try and keep him from some blatant retaliating that we all know he wants to do. Basically like a preventative measure since these two keep having issues.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Lifer
 
T-TOPPS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
I don't think they gave him the probation for what happened last weekend, I think they are giving him probation to try and keep him from some blatant retaliating that we all know he wants to do. Basically like a preventative measure since these two keep having issues.
Though Im not a fan of Carl, you hit the nail on the head. They both keep having issues. Though I dont agree with what he did, Brad did not "slide" up into him in my opinion. He bumped him out of the way to go for the win. Though he did not wreck Carl, he has been known to be over agressive when he doesnt have to be. Other drivers have gone on record and complained that he doesnt always race clean. The thing I respect about Carl in this incident, is the fact he owned up to it. 99% of the drivers always have the same ol " I didnt mean to wreck him" excuse. Props to Carl for at least taking ownership of it. Personally, I cant stand either driver. But Brad is more of the typical never his fault and poor me, but doesnt want anybody bitching about his driving methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
T-TOPPS5.0 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
Though Im not a fan of Carl, you hit the nail on the head. They both keep having issues. Though I dont agree with what he did, Brad did not "slide" up into him in my opinion. He bumped him out of the way to go for the win. Though he did not wreck Carl, he has been known to be over agressive when he doesnt have to be. Other drivers have gone on record and complained that he doesnt always race clean. The thing I respect about Carl in this incident, is the fact he owned up to it. 99% of the drivers always have the same ol " I didnt mean to wreck him" excuse. Props to Carl for at least taking ownership of it. Personally, I cant stand either driver. But Brad is more of the typical never his fault and poor me, but doesnt want anybody bitching about his driving methods.
If Brad is on probation for doing the bump and run, then every driver that has used this at Bristol or Martinsville needs to be on probation. Carl just needs to get the sand out of his vagina and stop acting like a little bitch cause Brad got into me.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Lifer
 
T-TOPPS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
If Brad is on probation for doing the bump and run, then every driver that has used this at Bristol or Martinsville needs to be on probation. Carl just needs to get the sand out of his vagina and stop acting like a little bitch cause Brad got into me.
Carl isnt the one bitching about getting hit. He said he wasnt going to let Brad take the win from him and that he did what he had to do. Which was basically do the same thing right back. Doesnt sound like bitching to me. More like somebody saying " yup, I spun him to get the win". Seems the fans are bitching about it more than even Brad. Its the team Jacob vs team Edward of nascar.

Again.... Brad has had run ins with other drivers that publically complained about him doing the same things. Only difference is, hes in the majority of the drivers that claim they did no wrong and its every body elses fault when its reversed. He wasnt put on probation for this one incident. It was all the other stuff that has made this thing boil over. Before Carl, it was Denny Hamlin that had season long problems with him. Maybe Carl just had better car control than he when he executed the "bump and run"?

Doesnt matter.... Im not defending Carl by any means. Just saying Brad got what he deserved ( IMO ) as did Carl. We seem to forget Brads words after he won Daytona at the post race interview when he nearly sent Carl into the grand stands...... " What was I supposed to do, I wasn't going let off the gas to keep from running over him". Carl got the more severe of the penalties and it was just. These two were going to hurt somebody not involved with their little fued if nascar didn't straighten them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
T-TOPPS5.0 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
Carl isnt the one bitching about getting hit. He said he wasnt going to let Brad take the win from him and that he did what he had to do. Which was basically do the same thing right back. Doesnt sound like bitching to me. More like somebody saying " yup, I spun him to get the win". Seems the fans are bitching about it more than even Brad. Its the team Jacob vs team Edward of nascar.

Again.... Brad has had run ins with other drivers that publically complained about him doing the same things. Only difference is, hes in the majority of the drivers that claim they did no wrong and its every body elses fault when its reversed. He wasnt put on probation for this one incident. It was all the other stuff that has made this thing boil over. Before Carl, it was Denny Hamlin that had season long problems with him. Maybe Carl just had better car control than he when he executed the "bump and run"?

Doesnt matter.... Im not defending Carl by any means. Just saying Brad got what he deserved ( IMO ) as did Carl. We seem to forget Brads words after he won Daytona at the post race interview when he nearly sent Carl into the grand stands...... " What was I supposed to do, I wasn't going let off the gas to keep from running over him". Carl got the more severe of the penalties and it was just. These two were going to hurt somebody not involved with their little fued if nascar didn't straighten them out.
well driver rivalrys have always been a good thing for the sport. Hell the reason why nascar got into the mainstream popularity was because of the Allison Yallbrough fight ( i misspelled his last name BTW). But I agree with the speeds these cars go and the dangers that are there, nascar does need to send a message.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
LS1 Fighter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DFW,Texas
Posts: 818
i love this commercial. RIP Jerry Reed!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar-257315


Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

BpuTacoma is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Professional Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Closed Course
Posts: 6,665
As far as the wrecks go they both have had a major wreck at the hands of the other. Once they were even they should have dropped it, and kept their distance from each other from here out.

The thing that I don't get is why Carl(or any other full time Cup driver) even runs in NNS full time. He's an accomplished driver in the top echelon of the league, there is no reason for him(or any other full time Cup driver) to continue racing Nationwide on a full time basis. I understand a fill in spot here and there, but not full time - there are plenty of drivers out there. I look at the NNS as a developmental series for drivers on their way to Cup - not for Cup drivers that feel the need to try and dominate lesser drivers.

NASCAR should look into modifying the NNS points system for full-time Cup drivers that race NNS to make it less appealing to them.
71chevellejohn is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Lifer
 
T-TOPPS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,144
Nascar is actually looking at that stuff now. I agree that full time cup cup drivers shouldnt be in the nationwide. But alot of the cup drivers that seem to dominate the nationwide series dont do squat in the sprint cup. They claim that it helps them get practice for sundays race.
I see it as since they cant do crap in the sprint series so they go pick on the rookies. Plus im sure the extra pay check is nice! Though Carl has a few wins and is competitive in the top level.... Brad had his one moment last year and is usually not even a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
T-TOPPS5.0 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
They've looked at it before, but all it will do is bring track attendance and television ratings down. It boiled down to "who wants to see all b and c class race car driver's tear their shit up and watch a horrible drawn out event because of it". The day Nascar bans Cup driver's from the series is the day that I quit watching and supporting them.
Lone Sailor is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Professional Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Closed Course
Posts: 6,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
They've looked at it before, but all it will do is bring track attendance and television ratings down. It boiled down to "who wants to see all b and c class race car driver's tear their shit up and watch a horrible drawn out event because of it". The day Nascar bans Cup driver's from the series is the day that I quit watching and supporting them.
I didn't say ban them. If they made it where a full time cup driver isn't eligible for the NNS championship, then I bet those guys wouldn't need so much "practice".
71chevellejohn is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
I didn't say ban them. If they made it where a full time cup driver isn't eligible for the NNS championship, then I bet those guys wouldn't need so much "practice".
before the COT it did make sense caus outside of the engine package which was different, everything else was the same. However their is some stuff they can learn today. One is tire wear being that Goodyear usually has the same tire compound for both series that weekend. Also how the track changes during the race cause most of the times they race at the same times in both days.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome