Dan Gilbert is pissed... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Dan Gilbert is pissed...

Quote:
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
The Heat vs Cavs games next year will be interesting

Working on my project Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Rolling with the homies

I don't think Cuban would have gone as far as to guarantee a championship. Man I'd hate to be a close friend of Lebron that's now left in Cleavland without him LOL!

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
I don't think Cuban would have gone as far as to guarantee a championship. Man I'd hate to be a close friend of Lebron that's now left in Cleavland without him LOL!
Yeah really guarantee a championship and curse him lol

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Mexican Crew

I want to go to a Mavs/Heat game

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Hes still not finished
Quote:
CLEVELAND -- Angered and betrayed by LeBron James' decision to leave for Miami, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert accused the NBA's MVP of quitting during the playoffs.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced his plans to sign with the Heat, told The Associated Press late Thursday night that it's "accountability time" for James.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert said in a phone interview with The AP. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Gilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Gilbert, who has owned the Cavs for five years, said he was most disappointed by James' behavior in the months leading up to the superstar's announcement that he is going to Miami to play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Gilbert said James never returned a single phone message or text since the end of the season and that the Cavs were not informed of James' decision until he went on the air.

Gilbert said Rich Paul, one of James' business partners, called the Cavs moments before the announcement.

"LeBron James needs to go to another team with two superstars already so he can win a championship," Gilbert said. "We will win a championship before [the Heat] do."

Gilbert said he now wishes he had done some things differently with James, who spent seven seasons with the Cavs.

"It's not about him leaving," Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."

In Miami, Wade said he was stunned by Gilbert's comments.

"I think I'm happy that I have the owner that I have here in Miami," Wade told The Associated Press late Thursday night. "I'm happy Micky Arison is my owner. I couldn't believe it. I'm speechless. It's very unfortunate and I think it makes LeBron that much better about his decision.

"We knew 'Bron would take some backlash," Wade added in his interview with AP. "I told him he's a strong man

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Thats intense. I can't wait for next season.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 06:07 AM
LUCIFER

I'm tired of hearing how "Lebron deserted Cleveland" or all the guilt trips the city kept using to make him stay. Talking about how their economy would dwindle and the fans would lose their loyal king. SUCH BS. You talk about Lebron being selfish, the city and it's remarks who are selfish.

Lebron busted his ass for that team, and a Cavs ownership that wouldn't bring in what players were truly needed to win. Lebron had too many expectations upon himself from a selfish city using him for all his worth.

I'm happy for him and his move to a team with a chance to win the Finals one day. He's owe's Cleveland nothing.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 AM
MFFL!

LOL @ Gilbert. He just made a spectacle of himself. Win a championship before Miami? His Cavs will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year. And after the owner pulled this crap, what sort of star/superstar would even want to come to Cleveland now?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Mexican Crew

So if Dan Gilbert said all those negative things about Lebron...why was he trying to re-sign a quitter and a narcissitic player?

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Lifer

Dan needs to shut up, how rare is it that you have 3 players that arent just in their prime but will be in their prime and have many years left in it be on the same team. The only bad thing about this will be how will the Heat will fill up the roster. This dosent hurt his legacy on Lebron, in my opinion in makes it bigger. He turned down money and now probably points per game and assist to go win a ring. I honestly cant see any team beating them in a 7 game playoff series

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Lifer

lol apparently Dan ownes Fathead.com or is a partner with it. He made the price for LEbron's fathead in a Cavs jersey to $17.41 dollars. Because Benidict Arnold was a traitor in 1741. this guy needs to stop being a dick

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM

I can understand dan being pissed - he just took a 200 million dollar hit on the value of his franchise. He is passionate, and I like that he made a public statement, and alot of the things he said (commitment to winning et al). He didn't have to stoop and bash the guy though. He is also delusional if he thinks the cavs are even going to have a winning season anytime soon - let alone a championship.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Lebron may be everything that Gilbert said. But Dan Gilbert just showed the world that he is a total douche.

If he thinks Lebron is such a bad player/person, then why the fuck did he try to re-sign him.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Lebron may be everything that Gilbert said. But Dan Gilbert just showed the world that he is a total douche.

If he thinks Lebron is such a bad player/person, then why the fuck did he try to re-sign him.
I like what Lebron said in his press conference today about this. He said after what Dan said that he made the right decision. That people show their true colors under pressure.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Factory Issue

He cursed LeBron? Where did he get the gypsy tears ?

Give me a dollar.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:25 AM

I do like what the Magic GM said....

when you are superstar players want to play with you.....you don't need to go anywhere like Jordan or Kobe.

NBA is a long season and with 3 players filling up the payroll the Heat aren't going to be able to have a very deep bench.

Can't wait for Heat/Cavs game!

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

I like the "heat" coming out of Cleveland and Orlando. I think they're mostly right, minus the whole guaranteeing a championship thing. Hell, Dirk almost (did) won a championship while most of the players around him were faltering. If LeBron was such a god, he'd have his championship by now. Why does he need 3 of the top 10 scorers in the league to accomplish this feat? Let's not even compare him to what Kobe has done (god, I hate to say that).

As far as the whole "Cleveland didn't surround him by better players" rhetoric, read up a little. Quality players wanted to play in Cleveland, but never made the move because LeBron wouldn't commit to staying there. Something tells me that he's had this in mind for over a year now. He and Wade are pretty chummy, ya know. Bottom line is don't blame Cleveland because no one is going to change teams to play for the Chicago Bulls if they know Michael Jordan is leaving next year for the Chicago White Sox.

On top of that, he DID quit on the court. Watch the games.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
tha cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I'm tired of hearing how "Lebron deserted Cleveland" or all the guilt trips the city kept using to make him stay. Talking about how their economy would dwindle and the fans would lose their loyal king. SUCH BS. You talk about Lebron being selfish, the city and it's remarks who are selfish.

Lebron busted his ass for that team, and a Cavs ownership that wouldn't bring in what players were truly needed to win. Lebron had too many expectations upon himself from a selfish city using him for all his worth.

I'm happy for him and his move to a team with a chance to win the Finals one day. He's owe's Cleveland nothing.
well put. he doesn't owe them anything. they treated him like crap when he was in high school. im glad for him

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement