Denver Broncos Offseason - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Denver Broncos Offseason

Well I know we have a few Broncos fans on the board so I figured I would start a thread.

Work is slow at the moment and I need some good conversation about football!

How do you guys think the Broncos are coming along? NFL.com just reported that Eric Decker is right on schedule and should be with the team by the start of training camp.

Draft 2010 more
Pick Player
Rd 1, Pick 22 (22) Thomas, Demaryius WR
Rd 1, Pick 25 (25) Tebow, Tim QB
Rd 2, Pick 13 (45) Beadles, Zane OT
Rd 3, Pick 16 (80) Walton, J.D. C <---- STEAL
Rd 3, Pick 23 (87) Decker, Eric WR <---- STEAL
Rd 5, Pick 6 (137) Cox, Perrish CB <----- STEAL
Rd 6, Pick 14 (183) Olsen, Eric C
Rd 7, Pick 18 (225) Thompson, Syd'quan CB
Rd 7, Pick 25 (232) Kirlew, Jammie DE

Missed out on Dez Bryant which IMO was fucking stupid. But they still got a couple top WR in the draft. McDanials just pissed me off when he said we drafted Demaryius because he is like Marshall only better. Lmao.

Re-signed Elvis!!! Although they need to sign him to something better then just a one year contract.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck

Last edited by IDAjeff; 07-07-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Lifer

I dont think they will do better this year than they did last year. For the past 2 years they have gotten on to great season starts but poor season ending finishes. Orton is an overall good QB, but isnt going to give you many wins and isnt going to be spectaclar. Brandon Marshall isnt there, and lets be honest how are they going to score on offense? Defense looks good, but I dont know how they can score 17 points a game. I still think San Diego is the class of the division, and the Raiders finally have a good QB in Jason Campbell and had a very good draft.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
T-MINUS

I think they'll make the playoffs, just not sure how deep they'll go. SD lost a lot when they cut LT and I'm not talking about a running game. He was the team leader. Rivers sucks and won't get the production out of the team.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
the Raiders finally have a good QB in Jason Campbell
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH

And just in case you missed it the first time....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah

and just in case you missed it the first time....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Philsanity must have been sipping on that purple drink Jamarcus Russell has been selling.

Last edited by mstng86; 07-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Philsanity must have been sipping on that purple drink Demarcus Russell has been selling.
Lmao....

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Lifer

Jason Campbell isnt a bad QB, and he is a heck of a better player than Jamarcus Russell. Think about Campbells situation in Washington. Every year Campbell played he had to learn a different system on offense. I dont think the Raiders are a playoff team, but they at least are better than last year. Russell never shouldve been an NFL QB

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

They might get lucky and get a wild card spot, but the Chiefs will win the west.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
They might get lucky and get a wild card spot, but the Chiefs will win the west.
I dont understand the Chiefs signing Thomas Jones. Jamal Charles would've had a great season if he played all season. 2nd half of the season he was on the NFL's best RB's

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yeah right.... Raiders are going to do the same thing they do every year. I do like Jason Campbell but I just don't think he can turn that team around all by himself, not this year at least.

Chargers are honestly the only other team in the division I'd be worried about but then again they are having problems on the team this offseason I thought? Plus like said above no more LT so we'll see how they start the season.

Kansas City got a few good draft picks this year that I know of but I wouldn't bet on that turning the team around. Besides Denver owes Kansas a pretty good ass whoopin from last year.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Besides Denver owes Kansas a pretty good ass whoopin from last year.
oh god i remember that too, damn that was bad

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM

Ryan Clady.

His recovery or lack thereof is the only thing that matters for the Broncos this year. Patellar injuries have been career enders for many nfl'ers.

The broncos draft wasnt all the impressive - everybody thinks their mid rounders are steals, but most of them turn out to be role players at best.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
Ryan Clady.

His recovery or lack thereof is the only thing that matters for the Broncos this year. Patellar injuries have been career enders for many nfl'ers.

The broncos draft wasnt all the impressive - everybody thinks their mid rounders are steals, but most of them turn out to be role players at best.
I think we did get a steal with Decker.... Ever since he got hurt in college his team didn't win a single game. He was there whole team's offense.

Parish Cox is a very talented corner just has some off the field issues. Alphonso Smith or whatever how ever you spell his name just didn't impress me last year when I saw him play..... Hopefully Parish has a better first season.

We really really really need Ryan Clady to play for the Denver Broncos this year. One of the best in the league at his position, he only allowed half of a sac his whole rookie season!

Quote:
oh god i remember that too, damn that was bad
Yeah hopefully that wont be happening again..... Also Brandon Marshall was suspended for that game because of McDanials ego got bruised if I remember right otherwise Denver might of made playoffs.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

Last edited by IDAjeff; 07-08-2010 at 08:26 AM.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Lifer

Broncos won't even make the playoffs this year. Their whole offense went down the pooper when they traded the only talented player on offense.

Also, lol @ taking Thomas over Bryant and picking Tebow in the 1st round. What a head coach you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I think they'll make the playoffs, just not sure how deep they'll go. SD lost a lot when they cut LT and I'm not talking about a running game. He was the team leader. Rivers sucks and won't get the production out of the team.
You mean the team crybaby? Rivers is the leader of that team and has been. LT's role had been reduced to the team crybaby.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Russell never shouldve been an NFL QB
That I agree with, but Campbell still sucks. Yeah, there is worse, but not much worse. He's about like Kyle Orton. He's never going to make the big play. He's going to dink and dunk his way down the field, never going to be incredibly accurate, a big playmaker, etc. Sorry dude, but he sucks.

Denver will be lucky to see 8 wins this season.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
when they traded the only talented player on offense.
You're high. Eddie Royal is a stud. He's still raw, but he is young as hell.

Also, lol @ taking Thomas over Bryant and picking Tebow in the 1st round. What a head coach you have there.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not knocking Thomas, but passing on Bryant was EVERYONE'S biggest mistake this year. Jerry flat out stole him. That said, Thomas is still a good receiver. The biggest problem Denver has with their receivers, is that they don't have anyone to throw to them.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:

I'm not knocking Thomas, but passing on Bryant was EVERYONE'S biggest mistake this year. Jerry flat out stole him. That said, Thomas is still a good receiver. The biggest problem Denver has with their receivers, is that they don't have anyone to throw to them.[/QUOTE]

Just as he stole XXX.

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post

Just as he stole XXX.
Waaaaah, waaaaah. My team is falling apart because the wigger QB likes raping women. Waaaaah.

Pussy.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I'm not knocking Thomas, but passing on Bryant was EVERYONE'S biggest mistake this year. Jerry flat out stole him. That said, Thomas is still a good receiver. The biggest problem Denver has with their receivers, is that they don't have anyone to throw to them.
Just as he stole XXX.[/QUOTE]

Wait are you saying Jerry stole super bowl 30????
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Lifer

LOL those quotes are all kinds of fucked up.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Wait are you saying Jerry stole super bowl 30????
That's exactly what he's saying.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That's exactly what he's saying.
On what basis?? It is not the cowboys fault the Steelers had a beaver at qb that liked to throw directly to Larry Brown.

They would have still won without those two interceptions.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
On what basis?? \
On the basis that he has buckets of sand in his vagina.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
I dont understand the Chiefs signing Thomas Jones. Jamal Charles would've had a great season if he played all season. 2nd half of the season he was on the NFL's best RB's
While true he did have a great 2nd half of the season due to Larry Johnson being shipped out, but he really needs a good back-up. I've seen too many times where a back gets overworked with 400+ carries in a year, then the next year he is shit. It really seems like they are looking at him like a long term back and not someone to just abuse for a couple of years and then trade him for a draft pick, etc. I'm sure the workload will be shared between them, and whoever is most productive will get the bulk of the carries. As far as I know Charles is still the starter and I doubt that will change unless he has some kind of production issues or just isn't showing more progress.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Yeah right.... Raiders are going to do the same thing they do every year. I do like Jason Campbell but I just don't think he can turn that team around all by himself, not this year at least.

Chargers are honestly the only other team in the division I'd be worried about but then again they are having problems on the team this offseason I thought? Plus like said above no more LT so we'll see how they start the season.

Kansas City got a few good draft picks this year that I know of but I wouldn't bet on that turning the team around. Besides Denver owes Kansas a pretty good ass whoopin from last year.

I foresee a repeat of their last meeting.

Honestly, I doubt that will happen, but I really think they will be able to put Denver away in both games this year. We'll see though.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:

LOL. Easy there Tonto. We'll see how big of a "steal" he was come the regular season.

Denver may not have anyone to throw to their receivers, but they have a 2nd stringer that can dual as a HB/FB.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL. Easy there Tonto. We'll see how big of a "steal" he was come the regular season.

Denver may not have anyone to throw to their receivers, but they have a 2nd stringer that can dual as a HB/FB.
Yea that should work wonders for them, especially when they can't get out of their own half of the field.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
LOL. Easy there Tonto.

You just watch.

As with any other receiver, it's going to take him a few years. However, I think he'll be on a faster track than most, stepping in to this offense. Defenses are going to focus on the rising star, in Austin Miles. And of course the tried and true Witten. That's going to leave Bryant open all day long.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well I've been to a couple of the open practices. I realize it's just shorts and helmets but Bryant was all over the place burning everyone he lined up against. He even somehow managed to return a punt for a TD without getting touched in non-contact. Didn't even get grazed by a finger and the dude can stop and change direction on a dime. He's a ridiculous athlete.

Quote:

I'm not knocking Thomas, but passing on Bryant was EVERYONE'S biggest mistake this year. Jerry flat out stole him. That said, Thomas is still a good receiver. The biggest problem Denver has with their receivers, is that they don't have anyone to throw to them.[/QUOTE]

That's sorta my point. Royal will be a good player but like you said, he's not a polished receiver yet.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You just watch.

As with any other receiver, it's going to take him a few years. However, I think he'll be on a faster track than most, stepping in to this offense. Defenses are going to focus on the rising star, in Austin Miles. And of course the tried and true Witten. That's going to leave Bryant open all day long.
Yeah ^ that.

Wade and JG been talking a lot about putting Miles Austin in the slot where he can line up against 3rd CBs and safeties and do some real damage. RW and Dez outsides with Felix coming out of the backfield and Witten off the line? GG defenses.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Lifer

if jamaal charles isnt taken by the 2nd round in the fantasy draft im taking him

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement