armando galarraga... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
African Booty Scratcher

armando galarraga...

man he got fucked, the throw beat him by like 4 ft. the ump did the right thing in my eyes by immediately admitting he blew the call. we need replay in baseball. anyone else beside tony and i see this shit?

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM
LUCIFER

Gotta feel for him and the team, that Ump blew it horribly

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
man he got fucked, the throw beat him by like 4 ft. the ump did the right thing in my eyes by immediately admitting he blew the call. we need replay in baseball. anyone else beside tony and i see this shit?

god bless.
I sawr it. Thought about posting something about it this morning when I woke up, but figured someone else could do that. Yes, he got screwed. Maybe someone steps in and gives him the perfect game that he earned, but I doubt it.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Lifer

What a screw job. That ump has to understand the entire situation. I am pretty surprised he called him safe. Usually the ump will side with the pitcher when they know they are close to something like a perfect game. Where the hell was the head ump? He should have stepped in and over ruled.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
What a screw job. That ump has to understand the entire situation. I am pretty surprised he called him safe. Usually the ump will side with the pitcher when they know they are close to something like a perfect game. Where the hell was the head ump? He should have stepped in and over ruled.

That was the first base umps call, no other ump is going to over rule that. It's not like it was a foul ball in question.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Should be an interesting game tonight, Jim Joyce behind the plate and all, in Detroit. He'd be better off trying to ride a jetski through an Israeli naval blockade.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
That was the first base umps call, no other ump is going to over rule that. It's not like it was a foul ball in question.
Is there an actual written rule stating that? Or is it one of those unwritten rules that gets interpreted, sort of things.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Lifer

Ill give Joyce credit for standing up and admitting he made the mistake. He knows he made the mistake and hes sorry about that. I also like the fact that he didnt get defensive and starting throwing out players and managers for being upset and frustrated about the call.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
tex
Lifer

I thought Cabrera was gonna whoop his ass.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Is there an actual written rule stating that? Or is it one of those unwritten rules that gets interpreted, sort of things.

Probably unwritten, i'm not going to go searching the mlb rulebook lol
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
From 90 ft. away he's supposed to see that call well enough to overrule it? Jesus Christ dude. While it was pretty obvious in replay, that's a bang bang play that's just not as clear cut as you're making it sound. Furthermore the ball wasn't thrown particularly hard so there wasn't a lot for him to go off of on the sound of the ball in the glove, which is generally more important to a play call than what an ump sees.

Where Joyce screwed up is that he watched the entire play happened. If you look at the replay he follows the ball out into the field of play and is turning his head as the ball is thrown to the bag; that's a no-no. His eyes should have been focused on the play going on at first base the entire play and because he had to swivel quickly to catch up to the play he had to make a decision formulated with a split second of visual evidence.

Regardless, Galarraga knows he had a perfect game and even if it's not in the books, that's one hell of an achievement. I'm really impressed with the way he handled the whole situation, seems to be a stand up dude.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
From 90 ft. away he's supposed to see that call well enough to overrule it? Jesus Christ dude. While it was pretty obvious in replay, that's a bang bang play that's just not as clear cut as you're making it sound. Furthermore the ball wasn't thrown particularly hard so there wasn't a lot for him to go off of on the sound of the ball in the glove, which is generally more important to a play call than what an ump sees.

Where Joyce screwed up is that he watched the entire play happened. If you look at the replay he follows the ball out into the field of play and is turning his head as the ball is thrown to the bag; that's a no-no. His eyes should have been focused on the play going on at first base the entire play and because he had to swivel quickly to catch up to the play he had to make a decision formulated with a split second of visual evidence.

Regardless, Galarraga knows he had a perfect game and even if it's not in the books, that's one hell of an achievement. I'm really impressed with the way he handled the whole situation, seems to be a stand up dude.
baylor now has an umpire major available? i'll be damned.

god bless.

Quote:
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Lifer

Big deal, cant be that hard to only throw at 27 guys.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
baylor now has an umpire major available? i'll be damned.

god bless.
Hahahaha!

I still like the human element in baseball. Screw replay.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

piece of shit ump...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Lifer

It could be over ruled by the commissioner. He has the authority to rule it a perfect game. Whether he will or not is still up in the air, but he is able to do it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
It could be over ruled by the commissioner. He has the authority to rule it a perfect game. Whether he will or not is still up in the air, but he is able to do it.
i saw that yesterday. i didnt know that selig could overrule calls. i was told that he wasnt going to. bullshit in my opinion, that was a once in a career game.

god bless.

Quote:
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
i saw that yesterday. i didnt know that selig could overrule calls. i was told that he wasnt going to. bullshit in my opinion, that was a once in a career game.

god bless.
he didnt overule it, Selig is a discrace to the MLB and is the worse commish in sports. He needs to go, instant replay needs to be used. All it takes is a guy upstairs 30 seconds to look at a call and see what it is. Use it for base outs and home runs. Everything else comes from the umps

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Lifer

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...raga-corvette/
Quote:
On Thursday, General Motors North America President Mark Reuss drove a little red Corvette Grand Sport Convertible on to the field at Comercia Park, and handed the Venezuelan right-hander the keys in what could go down in history as the first perfect public relations move

It still doesn't replace getting ripped off by the MLB

94 Triple black GT auto w/shift kit, 3:55 gears and pulleys
Trolls Needed
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKGT View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...raga-corvette/

It still doesn't replace getting ripped off by the MLB
fuck that corvette, that GM needs to get him a ZR1 corvette. Top of the line car

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Professional Driver

The umpire did all he can to make it right by admitting that he made a mistake. Galarraga knows he was perfect... plus one. This perfect game will be better remembered than any other. They don't need to overturn the call and they don't need replay. Human error is part of the game that gives it life.

Since Joyce was behind the plate, they had Armando take the lineup card out to him and shake hands before yesterday's game.

I bet if he ever pitches with Joyce behind the plate he gets a generous strike zone from here on out!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
The umpire did all he can to make it right by admitting that he made a mistake. Galarraga knows he was perfect... plus one. This perfect game will be better remembered than any other. They don't need to overturn the call and they don't need replay. Human error is part of the game that gives it life.

Since Joyce was behind the plate, they had Armando take the lineup card out to him and shake hands before yesterday's game.

I bet if he ever pitches with Joyce behind the plate he gets a generous strike zone from here on out!
like i said, I give Joyce alot of credit for admitting he made a mistake. He didnt get defensive when Leylan and the other players were really upset, he let them have it. Umpires in baseball generally do a good job. Better than NBA refs and NFL refs.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:

god bless.
Fuck replay. That is all.

Oh yeah, and he got a free Corvette... so it is all good, right?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiveohconv View Post
Oh yeah, and he got a free Corvette... so it is all good, right?
Seriously? Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement