Golf? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Golf?

I will be in Flower Mound for a week in July. My son's baseball team is playing in the World Series up there and I plan on bringing my sticks. I hope to play somewhere every day that I am there. Who's down? I will be there from July 9-18th. Courses I wouldnt mind playing...
-Cowboys Golf Club
-The Golf Club at the Resort
-The Tribute
-TPC Four Seasons
-Stonebriar
-Hawks Creek
-Texas Star
-Trails of Frisco

I can get a foursome on at Colonial but its pricey. Motoman, hook me up tee times on some of your courses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Scared s**tless

Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Dfw Mustangs dot net

I'm just starting out (27yo) and live right by the Trails of Frisco, what do you think about that course? Priced good?

Chris

D.F.W.M.U.S.T.A.N.G.S.N.E.T

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94mstng94 View Post
I'm just starting out (27yo) and live right by the Trails of Frisco, what do you think about that course? Priced good?

Chris
If you noticed, Dr. Dave only mentioned 2 courses that are sub-$50... technically 1 depending on timeframe.

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I dont know the prices of the courses I listed...just some nice ones that I wouldnt mind playing.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Dfw Mustangs dot net

My father in law is a member at the trails. I get some kind of a discount with that. (Hopefully it will be his treat)

D.F.W.M.U.S.T.A.N.G.S.N.E.T
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 PM
You never go full retard

Dav, Stonebriar ehh?

Think we should see how good your game is on the Dye course.

The Country Club Course is a demanding and long golf course that will test your golfing abilities with the severity of its undulating fairways and the lightning speed of its greens. In addition, water hazards come into play on thirteen holes. Ken Dye and Joe Finger designed the course in 1988 and the greens were renovated in 2007.

Par: 72
Length: 7,064
Slope/Rating: 74.8/140

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Can you get me on there?
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Bitter Italian

I'll be around.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Can you get me on there?
Possibly, just depends on the tee schedule around those dates. We'll talk about it more when it gets closer. Let me know what day you want onto Cowboys Golf Club, a former co-worker is the assistant pro out there.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

ide like to play one of those too, to bad im broke, lol...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
AHMO!

I wouldn't mind playing a round. Nick, don, Dave, and me slowing us down?
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

The more the merrier...Fred, I got you covered. I still havent got off my ass to send those boots...but I will bring them with me when I come up there for sure.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
The more the merrier...Fred, I got you covered. I still havent got off my ass to send those boots...but I will bring them with me when I come up there for sure.
When are your kid's games at typically?

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
count me in then!!!

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
When are your kid's games at typically?
Dont have the schedule yet...
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

I am down for he frisco course or anything else in the norh Dallas/Plano/Richardson/carrolton/ lewisville areas.

Also if we tee off after 130P I can you on at Woodbridge for around $20. Pretty tough course.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
The good news is that if anyone passes out from the heat while playing you have a doctor with you, unless the Doc passes out. lol.

It didn't take long for me to get my swing back, didn't realize how much I missed playing when I wasn't being forced to. lol. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:37 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1 View Post
I am down for he frisco course or anything else in the norh Dallas/Plano/Richardson/carrolton/ lewisville areas.

Also if we tee off after 130P I can you on at Woodbridge for around $20. Pretty tough course.
Woodbridge isn't that bad at all as long as you play tight and don't get greedy.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
You never go full retard

If you guys find a date I MAY be able to work out a group deal for you Cowboys Golf Club.

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

This course is a bit of a drive (about 25 miles north on Preston from Stonebriar Mall and then 2 miles East on FM 121), but it's nice and challenging. They have some great internet specials too.

http://www.bridgestexasgolf.com/

This is a community built around a Fred Couples course. The got this started just before the crash, so home sales and memberships are down -- thus some pretty good rates. Hole 18 is a killer.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I am ready to play where ever...just dont want to play goat ranches.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
The good news is that if anyone passes out from the heat while playing you have a doctor with you, unless the Doc passes out. lol.

It didn't take long for me to get my swing back, didn't realize how much I missed playing when I wasn't being forced to. lol. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.
I refuse to pass out around any member of this site...and if anyone passes out on the course from heat exhaustion, you dont need an ER doc...you need a gynecologist because you would be a big fucking pussy!!!
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I refuse to pass out around any member of this site...and if anyone passes out on the course from heat exhaustion, you dont need an ER doc...you need a gynecologist because you would be a big fucking pussy!!!
Lmao! Ill keep an eye on this thread. Would like to go just depends on when and where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Agreed! My husband is tall, average, and SEXY!
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Woodbridge isn't that bad at all as long as you play tight and don't get greedy.
WB is my home course and it is one of the toughest courses I have played around here, and i play it atleast once. Maybe one day I will be able to say it isn't that tough, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
WB is my home course and it is one of the toughest courses I have played around here, and i play it atleast once. Maybe one day I will be able to say it isn't that tough, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
You and I are neighbors. I've been bowling and playing golf since I could barely walk, so it all tends to come abit easier for me. My Dad was one of those overzealous sporting parents. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Woodbridge is definitly a tough course, but I do enjoy playing it...

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Not knocking WB cause it's a great course, I've played it numerous times since it's an affiliate of ours but man we need to get you guys out to some tougher courses. It's slope is only 129, you've got some room for error there.

I'll post up the info on a few of our tougher courses I like when I get back work tomorrow.

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
You and I are neighbors. I've been bowling and playing golf since I could barely walk, so it all tends to come abit easier for me. My Dad was one of those overzealous sporting parents. lol.
My dad was the same way. Pretty much the only games I am really really good at are pool, and I guess bowling too since I hadn't bowled in ten years and Still went out and bowled a 188/266/232.

Golf is a tougher animal for me. I am getting it but its still tough. I WILL get my first sub 90 score this summer though. I think part of my problem is that my clubs (taylormade 320 irons) are for advanced players. Looking into some ping g5 pr g10 nxt

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Looking into some ping g5 pr g10 nxt

I'm looking into a set of Ping G10's. You might also consider some Big Bertha's or a set of Wilson's. Anything with a wide sole will be more forgiving.

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I'm looking into a set of Ping G10's. You might also consider some Big Bertha's or a set of Wilson's. Anything with a wide sole will be more forgiving.
Right, that's what I've been told. I am borrowing a buddy's set of G5's and am hit the ball farther and straighter, but I think his clubs are setup with a draw or something, because he has a terrible slice and I am pulling alot of my shots, especially par 3's where I used a tee for my iron shots.

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Scared s**tless

Alright so whats the first course and when are we playing???

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
dead

subscribed.
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I wont know when I can play for a couple weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement