College Baseball - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
College Baseball

No talk on here all year long. Big 12 "tourny" starts tomorrow(wed). With Regionals next weekend, then Supers, then the CWS. Can't wait


OH, and the 'horns have set the new record in wins in the big12 with a 24 wins and only 3 loses. I guess it helps having the best pitching staff in the nation
bert89coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LSU is back to playing well...they upset #1 Fla in the SEC tourney and just beat Vandy...we have the day off tomorrow and play the winner of the UF/Vandy game on Sat.
davbrucas is offline  
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
No talk on here all year long. Big 12 "tourny" starts tomorrow(wed). With Regionals next weekend, then Supers, then the CWS. Can't wait


OH, and the 'horns have set the new record in wins in the big12 with a 24 wins and only 3 loses. I guess it helps having the best pitching staff in the nation
My kid has made a few of the home games. Her knowledge of baseball can fit in a thimble, but she loves the winning, socializing, and camaraderie. LOL!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Lifer
 
JFurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HEB
Posts: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
My kid has made a few of the home games. Her knowledge of baseball can fit in a thimble, but she loves the winning, socializing, and camaraderie. LOL!
It's your grown daughter in college- why do you continue to reference her as "kid" ?

JFurst is offline  
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
Fail


I'm sorry, nerd, what did you say?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFurst View Post
It's your grown daughter in college- why do you continue to reference her as "kid" ?
It's a term of endearment...she'll always be my "kid".

Why in the world would that even be worth a comment?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
Fail....again

Yes, i fail, cause i'm the one using the dorky internet phrases
bert89coupe is offline  
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Yes, i fail, cause i'm the one using the dorky internet phrases
Peek at OU's record in baseball, and that could be the "fail" he means...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

Last edited by Vertnut; 05-29-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Vertnut is offline  
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LSU vs Bama in the SEC Tournament Championship.
davbrucas is offline  
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Texas got their ass handed to them by the Ag's in the Big 12 tourney.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clifton, TX
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Texas got their ass handed to them by the Ag's in the Big 12 tourney.
Tech also gave the horns a wake up call.

Defensive Driving Is For Those Who Get Caught


02ninja is offline  
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LSU won the SEC tourny!
davbrucas is offline  
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
actually, it was more in reference to the fact that Texas didn't win a single game once it started to mean something......but considering Texas and Oklahoma have similar records, I know what you meant...


Hold on, the big12 "tourny" means something? LMFAO. Yeah, that's why Texas still got the #2 national seed.

and similar records? You're joking right?


Of course by your statements, you watched zero big12 games this year
bert89coupe is offline  
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Hold on, the big12 "tourny" means something? LMFAO. Yeah, that's why Texas still got the #2 national seed.

and similar records? You're joking right?


Of course by your statements, you watched zero big12 games this year
Damn, Bert....

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Damn, Bert....


What is it, sir?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: where everybods faster than u
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Hold on, the big12 "tourny" means something? LMFAO. Yeah, that's why Texas still got the #2 national seed.

and similar records? You're joking right?


Of course by your statements, you watched zero big12 games this year
Ride the horns nut sack a little harder we can't quite tell if your a fan or not. first they were god almighty with record seasons wins, and then they cough up bloody balls in the big 12 tourney and losses dont mean anything, sounds similiar to the way their basketball season went.

Ford tech.
91 gt 11.51
93 lx 4cyl 29 mpgs
00 F-250 4x4 gas sucking v-10 140000, never been broke down and 10 mpg's
06 v-6 fusion 14.82 at 93. throughly surprised.
bigredtruck is offline  
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
What is it, sir?

Just a little "direct"...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
wait a minute....Texas throws up an Astrix marked Big 12 co-championship sign in their athletic offices for football, but winning the conference championship in baseball is all of the sudden not that important? Sour grapes.

Texas is 46-11 and Oklahoma is 44-15....I guess your definition of similar is much different than, well, the definition of similar.

I don't have to watch sports of any kind to know that winning is what every athlete wants to do, especially championships of any kind, and to know what similar means.

Thank you for your continued support of Texas athletics and making their fans look stupid...makes it easy to root against them.


Never said that, the REGULAR SEASON means more that that pathetic thing the big12 calls a tourny, always has always will.

and don't bring up football or basketball in a baseball thread

I'm sure this weekend the Texas team will turn it back on and that best pitching staff in the country will rise to the top. Now if only the hitting will come back around lol

Hey, with this team having the best ERA in nation, of course i have all kinds of confidence in them
bert89coupe is offline  
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Money Made All Good
 
gip99drop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,447
I hope there is a regional game close.

04 5-speed GT
91 5-speed LX Vert
gip99drop is offline  
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gip99drop View Post
I hope there is a regional game close.

TCU is hosting one
bert89coupe is offline  
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Never said that, the REGULAR SEASON means more that that pathetic thing the big12 calls a tourny, always has always will.

and don't bring up football or basketball in a baseball thread

I'm sure this weekend the Texas team will turn it back on and that best pitching staff in the country will rise to the top. Now if only the hitting will come back around lol

Hey, with this team having the best ERA in nation, of course i have all kinds of confidence in them
Texas is going to play well, but you're completely irrationally writing off the sub-par ending to their season. And while the regular season is more important overall to the seeding, it's a higher pressure situation than the regular season and Texas folded under that bit of pressure, however slight it may have been. It's not enough to say they've got issues, but isn't positive.

I'm just glad the Bears managed to turn their season around after an abysmal first 2/3 of the season and grab the 2 seed in the Ft. Worth regional. I'll probably go watch a game or two, although I'm not expecting a lot from them as young as they are. Sic 'em!

Slowhand is offline  
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredtruck View Post
Ride the horns nut sack a little harder we can't quite tell if your a fan or not. first they were god almighty with record seasons wins, and then they cough up bloody balls in the big 12 tourney and losses dont mean anything, sounds similiar to the way their basketball season went.
lolz! You can't reason with most of these people, they're (and by "they're" I mean the team that they have no involvement with but often use the words "we" and "us" with despite zero affiliation with the team or university) the greatest of all time in their own minds.

Slowhand is offline  
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Texas is going to play well, but you're completely irrationally writing off the sub-par ending to their season. And while the regular season is more important overall to the seeding, it's a higher pressure situation than the regular season and Texas folded under that bit of pressure, however slight it may have been. It's not enough to say they've got issues, but isn't positive.

I'm just glad the Bears managed to turn their season around after an abysmal first 2/3 of the season and grab the 2 seed in the Ft. Worth regional. I'll probably go watch a game or two, although I'm not expecting a lot from them as young as they are. Sic 'em!


The problem has the the off and on again of the bats. IF they hit the ball when runners are in scoring position they win the first two games. In the first game they threw Milner, a freshmen, and he looked like a freshmen out there lol. The second game Jungmann only gives up ONE earned run and they lose 4-2. The third game bothers me because they acted like they didn't care to be out there and it was against AGGY, who they should always be trying to beat. With these three games being meaningless, i believe Augie will have them focussed and ready to go this friday. But with having Rice in the regional with Texas, it won't be easy, no matter what kind of year Rice is having.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
lolz! You can't reason with most of these people, they're (and by "they're" I mean the team that they have no involvement with but often use the words "we" and "us" with despite zero affiliation with the team or university) the greatest of all time in their own minds.


You must be excluding me, because you will never see me use "we" or "us" on here.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
You must be excluding me, because you will never see me use "we" or "us" on here.
That wasn't directed at you specifically at all, just your brethren at t-shirt U.

Slowhand is offline  
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
tex
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 12,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
That wasn't directed at you specifically at all, just your brethren at t-shirt U.
The same can be said for A&M, OU, LSU, USC, UF, Duke, Ohio St, Michigan, UGA...

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
tex is offline  
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
AGGY pounds FIU 17-3

Rice in a tough one against the Rajun Cajun's 0-0 in the 8th
bert89coupe is offline  
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LSU beats UC Irvine in extra innings! Geaux Tigers.
davbrucas is offline  
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Texas goes on the the Super Regionals with dominating pitching and excellent fielding this weekend.


Now maybe this coming weeking they be on fucking TV!!
bert89coupe is offline  
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Nice job UT...LSU's season is over.
davbrucas is offline  
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Nice job UT...LSU's season is over.
That's ok so is UT's lol
SlowLX is offline  
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Yeah...TCU handled them.
davbrucas is offline  
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Yeah...TCU handled them.
In 2 games at least, they tee'd off yesterday.
SlowLX is offline  
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Lifer
 
5point0pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,017
Go frogs!

Working on my project Stang
5point0pony is offline  
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
oh but wait, that doesn't mean anything....blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse, blah, blah, blah, crap, stats, meaningless comparisons, bag on all the other teams, excuses, excuses, blah, blah, blah.....

note to Texas fans, just copy and past the above to save yourself the trouble of typing and save us the trouble of reading your same old tired shit when it comes to the Longhorns losing at something, thanks.

what the fuck are you blabbing about now?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Never said that, the REGULAR SEASON means more that that pathetic thing the big12 calls a tourny, always has always will.

and don't bring up football or basketball in a baseball thread

I'm sure this weekend the Texas team will turn it back on and that best pitching staff in the country will rise to the top. Now if only the hitting will come back around lol
Hey, with this team having the best ERA in nation, of course i have all kinds of confidence in them


i hate being right
bert89coupe is offline  
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
i hate being right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Texas is going to play well, but you're completely irrationally writing off the sub-par ending to their season. And while the regular season is more important overall to the seeding, it's a higher pressure situation than the regular season and Texas folded under that bit of pressure, however slight it may have been. It's not enough to say they've got issues, but isn't positive.


Cole Green launching the easy double play ball into center field, the hitting showing up in one of three games; I'll call it a victory for this post.

Slowhand is offline  
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Cole Green launching the easy double play ball into center field, the hitting showing up in one of three games; I'll call it a victory for this post.
Wow do you want a fucking pat on the back?
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
aaron schultz the centerfielder for TCU is my little cousin. he hit a 2-run homer yesterday!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
and OU pounded, i mean POUNDED a very good Virginia team last night. The Sooners can hit the ball
bert89coupe is offline  
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Weatherford
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
aaron schultz the centerfielder for TCU is my little cousin. he hit a 2-run homer yesterday!

god bless.
He's also a helluva outfielder. TCU should have a great shot with the lowest ERA in College baseball.

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
2K*Terminator*04 is offline  
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K*Terminator*04 View Post
He's also a helluva outfielder. TCU should have a great shot with the lowest ERA in College baseball.

I'm not sure what TCU's ERA is, but i know entering the Super, Texas' ERA was 2.51. Which lead the NCAA. And even with what little runs they gave up it might be hard to beat that. I believe UCLA was second
bert89coupe is offline  
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Weatherford
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
I'm not sure what TCU's ERA is, but i know entering the Super, Texas' ERA was 2.51. Which lead the NCAA. And even with what little runs they gave up it might be hard to beat that. I believe UCLA was second
TCU's ERA entering Super Regionals was a 2.31.

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
2K*Terminator*04 is offline  
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Weatherford
Posts: 297
But I know both Texas and TCU has GREAT! Pitching. I was just saying TCU has a great shot to win it. They beat a very good Texas team, which will probably be the toughest competition they had to face including who they are going to have to face. IMO.

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
2K*Terminator*04 is offline  
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K*Terminator*04 View Post
TCU's ERA entering Super Regionals was a 2.31.


Are you sure that wasn't just for the tourny and not the whole season? Cause Texas led the nation the second half of the season and even after that damn big12 "tourny". Who knows, maybe i'll get unlazy and actually look it up
bert89coupe is offline  
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Weatherford
Posts: 297
Your probably right. TCU is up 8-1 in the 9th in 1st game of College World Series.

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
2K*Terminator*04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome