Cuban has spoke to Lebron - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Cuban has spoke to Lebron

I've heard on a couple of sports stations this morning, Cuban's take on getting Lebron James to come to Dallas.

Discuss,,,,

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Doing things the lazy way

plz do, Dirk isnt gonna get us anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Bron Bron and Dirk, will be fine, just wonder who the supporting cast would be.

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
Dirk can't do it all.

I REALLY hope this happens. Financially, I just don't see how it's feasible unless Cuban wants to win so badly, that he'll pay the luxury tax.
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

If the deal happens Damp will be history

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Dirk can't do it all.

I REALLY hope this happens. Financially, I just don't see how it's feasible unless Cuban wants to win so badly, that he'll pay the luxury tax.
With two superstars, one being one of the best to ever play in one building, he just might be able to afford it as I'm sure there will be a whole hell of a lot more sold out games if it happens.

post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
LeBron has proven...?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
With two superstars, one being one of the best to ever play in one building, he just might be able to afford it as I'm sure there will be a whole hell of a lot more sold out games if it happens.
Every game sells out, what do you mean?
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Lifer

i cant really see why the Cavaliers would want to do a sign and trade with Lebron. If this does happen, you can probably see Roddy B being traded

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
what he said

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
i cant really see why the Cavaliers would want to do a sign and trade with Lebron. If this does happen, you can probably see Roddy B being traded
Roddy B isn't a big player in the salary cap, I bet he stays

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I'll add to it, this.....

Cuban REALLY needs to weigh the value of bringing in Lebron. And I mean REALLY look at the value, weigh all options, benefits, etc. The luxury tax won't be shit, in comparison to the good it will do for the Mavs. And I'm not just talking about winning championships, either.

Stern won't be able to treat the Mavs like a red headed step child, with the one of the biggest superstars in the league here. I have a feeling he will be forced to change his views on Cuban, if he comes here.
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Roddy B isn't a big player in the salary cap, I bet he stays
yea, but what if Cleveland wants him cause of his talent. They are probably going to want at least one nice piece in return.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
LeBron has proven...?
Are you fucking kidding me? LeBron has proven he will be every bit as good, if not better, than Kobe. Dude can play PG, C, G, etc, and that's all in the same fucking play!!!

He can't be blamed for terrible coaching, and a shitty supporting cast. When the rest of the Cavs can't do shit, they all look at Lebron and shrug their shoulders and stand around. That's his fault?
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'll add to it, this.....

Cuban REALLY needs to weigh the value of bringing in Lebron. And I mean REALLY look at the value, weigh all options, benefits, etc. The luxury tax won't be shit, in comparison to the good it will do for the Mavs. And I'm not just talking about winning championships, either.

Stern won't be able to treat the Mavs like a red headed step child, with the one of the biggest superstars in the league here. I have a feeling he will be forced to change his views on Cuban, if he comes here.
Stern badly wants Bron Bron to be a superstar and win championships, so I do see where you are getting that idea.

My problem is, if Cuban loses money EVERY year, and he still has sell outs for every game, he going to never going to make money if he picks up a huge max contract in Bron Bron. Cuban could force himself out of the league from all the money he is losing.
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
yea, but what if Cleveland wants him cause of his talent. They are probably going to want at least one nice piece in return.
in return of what? Isn't King James a FA?
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
in return of what? Isn't King James a FA?
if its a sign and trade between cleveland and dallas, thats all i mean

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Stern badly wants Bron Bron to be a superstar and win championships, so I do see where you are getting that idea.

My problem is, if Cuban loses money EVERY year, and he still has sell outs for every game, how is he going to ever make money if he picks up a huge max contract in Bron Bron. Cuban could force himself out of the league from all the money he is losing.

Dirk won't be around all that much longer. And I'd be willing to bet, that Dirk wants to win one so badly, that he'd restructure his contract to free up some money. Same goes for Kidd. They all want to get paid, but they all want a ring more than a paycheck. Especially Kidd and Dirk. Those two have made enough over the years, to where they don't have a one track mind like these young bucks.

I know Lebreezy wants to get paid, too, but he wants rings more. Honestly, if you look at all the options, Dallas is his best, quickest route to a championship. He'd be wise to take less, in order to make it to his ultimate goal.

I'll say this, as well. Lebron ends up in Dallas, and Dallas WILL win the championsip next year. Guaranteed.
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
Bron can opt out of of the cleveland contract and they would be sol. Cleve would only benefit because they wouldn't have ot pay for the remainder of his contract.

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Dirk won't be around all that much longer. And I'd be willing to bet, that Dirk wants to win one so badly, that he'd restructure his contract to free up some money. Same goes for Kidd. They all want to get paid, but they all want a ring more than a paycheck. Especially Kidd and Dirk. Those two have made enough over the years, to where they don't have a one track mind like these young bucks.

I know Lebreezy wants to get paid, too, but he wants rings more. Honestly, if you look at all the options, Dallas is his best, quickest route to a championship. He'd be wise to take less, in order to make it to his ultimate goal.

I'll say this, as well. Lebron ends up in Dallas, and Dallas WILL win the championsip next year. Guaranteed.
I don't know if you can make that guarantee. Lebron still hasn't proven he can win it all. Granted, the guy is good, but some guys are destined to never win. Talk to Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Wilkinson, the list goes on.

I think if he does come, that will give us the killer instinct this team has been lacking since day 1.
post #21 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I don't know if you can make that guarantee.
I just did.
post #22 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I just did.
Well I don't think Lebron can back up that guarantee. We sure as hell know that you aren't going to get on the court and back it up.
post #23 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I can't believe that shit. With all of the fairweather idiots who reside here?!

post #24 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
I don't know if you can make that guarantee. Lebron still hasn't proven he can win it all. Granted, the guy is good, but some guys are destined to never win. Talk to Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Wilkinson, the list goes on.

I think if he does come, that will give us the killer instinct this team has been lacking since day 1.
You can make the same argument for Jordan when he left the Bulls. When he returned to the NBA he alone didn't win another championship. The Lakers were sucking just a few years ago until they started surrounding Kobe with quality players. I believe the Mavs have the surrounding players, they're just missing the one huge superstar to complete the mix.

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #25 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Lots of corporations to eat up tickets. Thats the truth.
post #26 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Well I don't think Lebron can back up that guarantee.

Just my opinion. Shed Damp, and keep as much of the rest of the team in tact as possible. I'll put it this way... I don't think it would be possible to NOT win a championship with that roster.

I get what you're saying, but if he came here, it wouldn't all be on Lebron like it was in Cleveland. And I really can't believe the people that are doubting him, because of what happened this year. Are people really that dense? Did they not watch the same games I watched? He might as well have been the only player on the floor during that series. The rest of them weren't doing a damn thing!
post #27 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Not every game is sold out, but the place stays pretty full. And Geof, fairweather fans are everywhere. That's really old, and you've beat it to death. Get a new line....
post #28 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Lifer

You know the more I think about it. Lebron might actually improve the team in one aspect no one has probably thought about. The Mavs are really only a good DEFENSIVE player away from being a champion. Lebron does bring great defense. That is more added value than his 20+ points a night.
post #29 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Not every game is sold out, but the place stays pretty full. And Geof, fairweather fans are everywhere. That's really old, and you've beat it to death. Get a new line....
Why get a new line if it's da troof?

post #30 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
LeBron has proven...?
Now that's rich! LMFAO
post #31 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:

Might be sold out but you would never guess it by the attendance. The few games that I went to this past season were a generous 3/4 capacity at best, and that was when they were heading down the stretch on that 13 game winning streak.
post #32 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Might be sold out but you would never guess it by the attendance. The few games that I went to this past season were a generous 3/4 capacity at best, and that was when they were heading down the stretch on that 13 game winning streak.
You also have to take in to account, not everyone is in their seats. A shitload of people have awesome seats down low, but prefer to sit in the Platinum Club @ the bar.
post #33 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Lots of corporations to eat up tickets. Thats the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
post #34 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Lifer

Lmao at people sayin lebron isn't a winner. There's about 3 people in the history that could take a team to the finals single handidly and none of have played in about the last 30 years. The league is too good to win with 1 superstar regardless of who it is. Today's NBA requires at least 2 superstars and Solid players all he way up to the 12th roster slot.

The attendance level is capped based on what he mavs tell the NBA. They are" sold out" but sold out means 85% full. The mavs have the longest streak sell out streak in he league and they've been able to do that by setting their limit low

Working on my project Stang
post #35 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me? LeBron has proven he will be every bit as good, if not better, than Kobe. Dude can play PG, C, G, etc, and that's all in the same fucking play!!!

He can't be blamed for terrible coaching, and a shitty supporting cast. When the rest of the Cavs can't do shit, they all look at Lebron and shrug their shoulders and stand around. That's his fault?
Doesn't Kobe have some skins? The bottom line is Lebron folded like a paper cup when it came time for him to nut up. He's great to watch, but I don't see any skins on the wall. Name another star player (Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Bird, etc) with a mouth like his, that hasn't won something. He's been in the league 7 seasons?

post #36 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Doesn't Kobe have some skins? The bottom line is Lebron folded like a paper cup when it came time for him to nut up. He's great to watch, but I don't see any skins on the wall. Name another star player (Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Bird, etc) with a mouth like his, that hasn't won something. He's been in the league 7 seasons?

Kobe hasn't won any of his skins on his own, either. You're comparing apples to oranges. Put a REAL supporting cast around Lebron, and he'll end up with more skins than Kobe by the time it's all said and done. Jordan never did it alone, either. Neither did Magic, Bird, etc. Give the man a fair shake. Cleveland is fucking awful without him. Other than Mo Williams and a 60 yr old Shaq, what do they have? Shaq really doesn't even factor in. He's nothing more than a warm body on the court. He's old, slow, and a shell of his former self.
post #37 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Kobe hasn't won any of his skins on his own, either. You're comparing apples to oranges. Put a REAL supporting cast around Lebron, and he'll end up with more skins than Kobe by the time it's all said and done. Jordan never did it alone, either. Neither did Magic, Bird, etc. Give the man a fair shake. Cleveland is fucking awful without him. Other than Mo Williams and a 60 yr old Shaq, what do they have? Shaq really doesn't even factor in. He's nothing more than a warm body on the court. He's old, slow, and a shell of his former self.
I don't have anything against James (though I'll never understand the "king" label). I'm just not sure Dallas sports needs another prima donna, and I've never bought into the "instant championship" bullshit, either.

post #38 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I don't have anything against James (though I'll never understand the "king" label). I'm just not sure Dallas sports needs another prima donna, and I've never bought into the "instant championship" bullshit, either.
I'm really not an instant championship type of guy, either. But look at it realistically. We're talking about a team with 10 straight 50+ win seasons, and a team that has made the playoffs consistently over the last 4-5 years. They're a cunt hair away from a championship as it is. I just think Lebron will give them what they need to put them over the top.
post #39 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Lifer

Cuban cant talk to Lebron until July 1st when he officially becomes a free agent. If Cuban is talking to Lebron, he could face a tampering charge. I think the only team that can talk to Lebron right now is Cleveland

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #40 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Cuban cant talk to Lebron until July 1st when he officially becomes a free agent. If Cuban is talking to Lebron, he could face a tampering charge. I think the only team that can talk to Lebron right now is Cleveland
Doesn't it work like it does in the NFL, where they can speak if Cleveland gives them the go ahead?
post #41 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

www.lebrontothemavs.com

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #42 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

While all very true, i don't think James makes the players around him better like Jordan, Magic and Bird did. I think this is his "downfall" so far. But that's something that can change.
post #43 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Doesn't it work like it does in the NFL, where they can speak if Cleveland gives them the go ahead?
idk how it works to be honest, i just know there is a rule for that

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #44 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
While all very true, i don't think James makes the players around him better like Jordan, Magic and Bird did. I think this is his "downfall" so far. But that's something that can change.
Jordan had Scottie Pippen, lets not forget about that.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #45 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

I'm not, but look at those 2yrs Jordan went to play baseball, they didn't come close. Damn shame too, should've been 8 in a row
post #46 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Bron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lebron.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	98239  

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
post #47 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
And Magic had Worthy, and Abdul-Jabbar, who usually don't receive the credit they deserve for the roles they played.

Jordan had Pippen and the greatest coach, IMO, in the game (Fuck Popobitch!). Not to mention Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, etc.

Bird had Parish and McHale.

Lebron had Mo Williams (doesn't really compare to some of those posted above), and Shaq in a fucking wheelchair.

Tell me again how that's an apples to apples comparison?
post #48 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And Magic had Worthy, and Abdul-Jabbar, who usually don't receive the credit they deserve for the roles they played.

Jordan had Pippen and the greatest coach, IMO, in the game (Fuck Popobitch!). Not to mention Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, etc.

Lebron had Mo Williams (doesn't really compare to some of those posted above), and Shaq in a fucking wheelchair.

Jordan also had Kerr and Rodman. But yea compared to wht lebron has, its not even close when you look at Jordan and Magic.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #49 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Lifer

Mavs could have Dirk, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Pierce, etc. and still won't win with Jim Carey at the helm.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
post #50 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Thanks God somebody actually watches basketball! The fact that you have to go back so far to even pick examples to argue about, tells that 1 man teams don't work in the NBA.

Working on my project Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement