Surprise surgery will sideline Dolphins' Marshall - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Surprise surgery will sideline Dolphins' Marshall

Posted 10 minutes ago

Surprise surgery will sideline Dolphins' Marshall until training camp

Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- Brandon Marshall will be sidelined until at least the start of Miami Dolphins training camp while he recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

The wide receiver has been rehabbing, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said. Sparano wouldn't disclose the nature of the surgery, saying only that it was something the team didn't expect when it acquired the wide receiver from the Denver Broncos.

Marshall didn't participate in an offseason practice with his new team Wednesday, instead working out on an exercise bike before watching his new teammates participate in on-field drills. Marshall wouldn't disclose the nature of the injury, deferring that question to Sparano.

Marshall also followed along with the plays, picking up whatever nuances of Miami's offense he could.

"It's definitely frustrating, but you know, some things you can't control," said Marshall, who didn't appear to be wearing any braces or show any other obvious sign of injury. "In my past, I learned that, not to worry myself and hold my head down when I can't control it. I'm just going to do the best I can with the mental reps and prepare myself that way."

For now, that'll have to do. The Dolphins' next organized team activity session, or OTA, is next week.

Miami sent Denver two second-round draft picks for Marshall, then quickly got the receiver to agree on a contract extension. Marshall had 101 catches for 1,120 yards last season for the Broncos, including an NFL-record 21 catches for 200 yards during a December game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Marshall is the sort of big-play receiver whom Miami has clamored for, and in time, he plans on showing the team why he was worth a contract extension that could be worth $50 million.

"Well, when you have someone as dynamic as he is, 1-on-1 coverage and even double coverage take on a whole new idea," Dolphins backup quarterback Chad Pennington said. "When you drop back as a quarterback and you know you have Brandon Marshall out there, you have a chance every time, regardless of what the coverage is."

Maybe the No. 19 Miami jersey is cursed.

That was the number Ted Ginn Jr. wore for his stint with the Dolphins, when he never lived up to the hype that accompanied him after being selected No. 9 overall in the 2007 draft. Ginn was traded to the San Francisco 49ers last month for a fifth-round pick.

Marshall, whose number selection has been an oddly hot topic in South Florida, had No. 19 on Wednesday -- but cautioned that could change.

"This'll be my number for now," Marshall said. "We'll have one in stone before camp."

Not being on the field Wednesday is likely no more than a minor setback for Marshall. Pennington lauded the way Marshall has tried to integrate himself into his new locker room, plus picking up the hows-and-whys of the Dolphins.

"He's done a really good job of coming in here and working extremely hard and trying to become a teammate like we all are," Pennington said. "We're all excited to have him. I think he's excited to be here."

Notes: Among those who worked out on the side and didn't practice were LB Channing Crowder and NT Jason Ferguson, who's facing an eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. ... Ronnie Brown, who missed much of the second half of last season with a right foot injury, seemed to be limping noticeably at times, but he did take part in some team drills.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Well he is getting out of team activities once again, way to go Marshall haha Miami is probably fucking hot compared to Colorados nice ass weather.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Lifer

he is having surgery on his mouth cause it flaps too much lol, but seriously wasnt expecting that. But he was injured at the end of the season

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement