Orlando Magic vs. Boston Celtics - The Series - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Orlando Magic vs. Boston Celtics - The Series

The Boston Celtics and the Orlando Magic will play either Saturday night or Monday night. Orlando will have homecourt advantage in this series. I like Orlando to beat the Celtics in a 6 game series. The Magic were 3-1 against the Celtics. Lone loss came on Christmas night.

This should be an exciting series. Jameer Nelson vs. Rondo. Bostons defense vs. Orlando's 3 point shooting.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM
dead

i hate boston so go orlando.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Lifer

Both of my favorite teams.... This is a hard decision for me. It's either go for Orlando because of Rashard Lewis I would love to see him get a championship ring, Or go for Boston with Ray Allen but he already got his ring with Boston.... But then again Allen possibly might retire so it's a toss up!!! I would love to see either team win and honestly I cant choose sides..

Also I would like to see Vince Carter get a ring for Orlando... But then again I would love for Nate Robinson and Rasheed Wallace to both get a ring for Boston! Ugh such a hard decision.

This game will come down to bench players...

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Should be a good series.....Orlando has not lost in the play off yet!!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Im glad that Boston knocked out Cleveland in these playoffs, but I still want the Magic to beat them and then beat whoever comes out of the Eastern Conference. One thing I dont really want to hear is how these playoffs will be boring now that Lebron James isnt there. We have the best 4 teams all year, key word being TEAMS not athletes. Orlando is the most disrespected team in the league as it is right now anyways. All they have done is swept both teams in the first round and have looked the best out of the rest of the teams that are in the playoffs.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Im glad that Boston knocked out Cleveland in these playoffs, but I still want the Magic to beat them and then beat whoever comes out of the Eastern Conference. One thing I dont really want to hear is how these playoffs will be boring now that Lebron James isnt there. We have the best 4 teams all year, key word being TEAMS not athletes. Orlando is the most disrespected team in the league as it is right now anyways. All they have done is swept both teams in the first round and have looked the best out of the rest of the teams that are in the playoffs.
I still say no one has challanged them yet.... Charlotte and Atlanta were both push overs

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I still say no one has challanged them yet.... Charlotte and Atlanta were both push overs
the charlotte series was a hard faught series though. Charlotte frustrated Howard and Gerald Wallace and Stephon Jackson had their moments. But Atlanta did have a prayer to begin with cause Orlando already played them 4 times, and blew them out 3 of the 4 meetings

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
Howard is a liability on offense, they dont really run plays for him in close games due to his inability to shoot FTs. Carter and Lewis are streaky shooters, and as we saw with the Mavericks, you can't rely on jumpers to win close games. So that leaves Nelson/Pietrus as guys who are slashers or drivers, and sometimes Vince Carter to create their own shot/opportunities. And Carter will call his own number and force bad shots early in the shotclock. The team isnt very deep, and if Howard gets into early foul trouble they would have trouble in the next round, facing either the Cavs or Celts.
Orlando 0-9 on 3s and Howard is 1-5 in the first half...
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

yea boston did against Howard, and were able to do that with no double teams. But Howard will be better in Game 2. Patrick Ewing will be able to give him some tips. Carter was aggressive from the word go, and that was a good sign. The mission now is to win Game 2 and then at worse win game 3 or 4.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Lifer

Boston ftmfw

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

if Orlando plays the same way they did in the 4th Quarter, this is going back to Boston 1-1. I dont think Howard will have another bad game like he had in Game 1. The bright spot for the Magic had to be Carter being aggressive and not settling for jumpshots. Nelson has to be better distributing the ball tonight, and someone wake up Rashad Lewis

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Thats game!!! Looks like its going to be Boston and L.A in the Finals
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4V View Post
Thats game!!! Looks like its going to be Boston and L.A in the Finals
FUCK, i have nothing against Boston except Paul Pierce. All that guy does is act and fake injuries. like what he did in the finals. If someone touches him, he acts like he lost his balance falls.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
FUCK, i have nothing against Boston except Paul Pierce. All that guy does is act and fake injuries. like what he did in the finals. If someone touches him, he acts like he lost his balance falls.
I agree Paul does deserve some sort of actors award....

Boston is about to sweep the Orlando Magic and rest up for them L.A. Lakers...

Rashard Lewis needs to start playing like he did back in Seattle or all season for that matter if they even want to have a chance of coming back.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I agree Paul does deserve some sort of actors award....

Boston is about to sweep the Orlando Magic and rest up for them L.A. Lakers...

Rashard Lewis needs to start playing like he did back in Seattle or all season for that matter if they even want to have a chance of coming back.
Yea Rashard has to play better than what hes playing now. Carter cant do everything. Hell I know you like Rashard, but the Magic are honestly better with Redick in the game and not Lewis. The only way I see Orlando having a chance in this series is they have to take both games in Boston. If Orlando can just play the whole game like they play in the 4th Quarter then they will have a better chance.

I lost count on how many times Paul Pierce acted to get a call.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yea Rashard has to play better than what hes playing now. Carter cant do everything. Hell I know you like Rashard, but the Magic are honestly better with Redick in the game and not Lewis. The only way I see Orlando having a chance in this series is they have to take both games in Boston. If Orlando can just play the whole game like they play in the 4th Quarter then they will have a better chance.

I lost count on how many times Paul Pierce acted to get a call.
I honestly think you're wrong I dont think JJ Ready matches up well with Kevin Garnett... Yeah he might produce more offense at the moment but once Rashard get's into rythem it's on.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I honestly think you're wrong I dont think JJ Ready matches up well with Kevin Garnett... Yeah he might produce more offense at the moment but once Rashard get's into rythem it's on.
i just dont see if the Celtics are going to give him that type of space. Orlando hasnt had many open looks at the three. Plus they need all the offense they can get right now. Redick started a 16-4 run to end the 1st quarter and had 9 points during that stretch.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
And you like Vince Carter?!?

And since you didnt believe me that Howard is an offensive liability...

"Now, look at the 2010 Magic. We'll give them a pass on Game 1 -- rusty, lethargic, it happens. But Game 2? Howard didn't touch the ball in the final four minutes. Nelson forced that awful 3-pointer with 1:21 left. Vince gakked the two free throws. Lewis had his second scoreless fourth quarter of the series. Who's left? The Celtics showed up for the 2010 Eastern Conference finals on Sunday afternoon. We're still waiting for the Magic."
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
And you like Vince Carter?!?

And since you didnt believe me that Howard is an offensive liability...

"Now, look at the 2010 Magic. We'll give them a pass on Game 1 -- rusty, lethargic, it happens. But Game 2? Howard didn't touch the ball in the final four minutes. Nelson forced that awful 3-pointer with 1:21 left. Vince gakked the two free throws. Lewis had his second scoreless fourth quarter of the series. Who's left? The Celtics showed up for the 2010 Eastern Conference finals on Sunday afternoon. We're still waiting for the Magic."
Boston's defense has been better than anyone thought going into this series. Besides you cant rip the Magic, cause dont let me rip the Mavs for not taking the Spurs serious. Boston is playing at the same level that they played in 2008 when they won the Championship. Now Orlando can bring this back to 2-2. But its not going to be easy.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Boston's defense has been better than anyone thought going into this series. Besides you cant rip the Magic, cause dont let me rip the Mavs for not taking the Spurs serious. Boston is playing at the same level that they played in 2008 when they won the Championship. Now Orlando can bring this back to 2-2. But its not going to be easy.
In Boston? No way. I think Boston will take this in 6.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11sec4eyes View Post
In Boston? No way. I think Boston will take this in 6.
i think they can bring it back to 2-2, but i wouldnt be suprised if Boston wins game 5 and 6 like they did against Cleveland. Its not like Boston ran over Orlando. In Game 1 maybe, but Game 2 was in their hands.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
i think they can bring it back to 2-2, but i wouldnt be suprised if Boston wins game 5 and 6 like they did against Cleveland. Its not like Boston ran over Orlando. In Game 1 maybe, but Game 2 was in their hands.
lol...
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
lol...
no shit man

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

This one is going into OT.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
This one is going into OT.
got it, big win. Now we have beaten the Celtics. Now go home in Game 5 and now have some momentum. We win game 5 and then puts alot of pressure on Celtics to win in Game 6.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
got it, big win. Now we have beaten the Celtics. Now go home in Game 5 and now have some momentum. We win game 5 and then puts alot of pressure on Celtics to win in Game 6.
What's your jersey number?
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
What's your jersey number?
im a fan, not a bandwaggoner. Im not gonna stop believing that we can comeback. Look at it like this, the Mavs would've gave in last night. Magic go home for game 5, if they can win then it puts all the pressure to Boston for Game 6 to win it. Last night was Nelson's, Howard's, Barnes, and Lewis's best game of the series. Carter on offense wasnt there, but made some big defensive stops. Also Brandon Bass (thanks dumbass Mavs for making him a free agent) played good mins.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
im a fan, not a bandwaggoner. Im not gonna stop believing that we can comeback. Look at it like this, the Mavs would've gave in last night. Magic go home for game 5, if they can win then it puts all the pressure to Boston for Game 6 to win it. Last night was Nelson's, Howard's, Barnes, and Lewis's best game of the series. Carter on offense wasnt there, but made some big defensive stops. Also Brandon Bass (thanks dumbass Mavs for making him a free agent) played good mins.
LOL Brandon Bass' first minutes of the series came in garbage time of a blowout loss in game 3!! Nice 4 year 16MM investment. Amazingly all "you" need is 4 of "your" best 5 players to win a game, and even then it took overtime. You're fucking delusional.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
LOL Brandon Bass' first minutes of the series came in garbage time of a blowout loss in game 3!! Nice 4 year 16MM investment. Amazingly all "you" need is 4 of "your" best 5 players to win a game, and even then it took overtime. You're fucking delusional.
Brandon Bass honestly was the only one hustling in Game 3 and putting out effort. Why do you think he got more playing time last night and was actually subbed for Rashad Lewis midway of the 1st. Like Rabdy Galloway says, watch the damn game. Bass will get more playing time in Game 5.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Brandon Bass honestly was the only one hustling in Game 3 and putting out effort. Why do you think he got more playing time last night and was actually subbed for Rashad Lewis midway of the 1st. Like Rabdy Galloway says, watch the damn game. Bass will get more playing time in Game 5.
I did watch the game. He played the last 5 minutes and should have gotten a technical when he hung on the rim after that dunk in traffic, for his only points of the game.

Can you actually see the game with your face buried in Vince Carter's crotch?
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I did watch the game. He played the last 5 minutes and should have gotten a technical when he hung on the rim after that dunk in traffic, for his only points of the game.

Can you actually see the game with your face buried in Vince Carter's crotch?
All I know is the city of Boston is about to be in panic mode. They just went through a 3-0 series collapse with the Boston Bruins against the Philadelphia Flyers. Now the Celtics might be heading down that road.

Its really simple for Orlando, and if they lose game 5 then so be it. But if they win Game 5, and they need to come out and blow these guys away like the Mavs did to the Spurs in Game 5. Then all the pressure is on Boston to win Game 6 at home. Cause if they dont, then its back to Orlando for Game 7.

And yea Im a VC fan, and Ill be the first to say that he needs to get his stuff together. But i dont agree with people ripping him saying Hedo Turkoglu would've done better. Hedo was playing for a contract last year, look how bad he played in Toronto. He was benched cause he quit on the team.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Boston 3
Orlando 2

Celtics got fucking pwnd tonight.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Boston 3
Orlando 2

Celtics got fucking pwnd tonight.
city of Boston is in panic mode. Bruins blew a 3-0 lead and the Celtics arent looking good. Orlando is doing everything I said they had to do to have a chance to win this series. Find a way to win Game 4 and bring it home. They blew out Boston in Game 5 and have a lot of momentum with this win. The two Technical fouls on Perkins was bullshit, even being a Magic fan I say that. He should get one if not two of those Techs resended. But if not, he is suspended for Game 6 cause of 7 technicals in these playoffs. After you get 7, you get a 1 game suspension. I first laughed at Baby Davis, but I hope he is alright. He didnt know where he was at, and great job by Joey Crawford for holding him up cause Davis was about to fall.

The way I see this, if Boston dosent win Game 6 then this is over cause Orlando has all the momentum and will be at home for game 7. Last time I believe a team forced a game 7 after trailing 0-3 was the Trailblazers against the Mavs in 2002 or 2003. Mavs won at home in 7

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 AM
LUCIFER

I'm starting to really hate Paul Pierce with his pathetic acting on the court.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I'm starting to really hate Paul Pierce with his pathetic acting on the court.
join the club, thats what most of that team does anyways. Pierce and Rondo for sure. I like the fact that he was on the ground all in pain about his shoulder and then after commercial he's up like nothing happened. Plus he talks alot of shit. I dont believe for a second that someone hacked his twitter account and put "anyone got a broom?" Ive never had mine hacked, keep talking shit. No reason why your ass got jumped in that bar 10 years ago

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

hers is something that I looked up that I thought was interesting. The 4 teams that are left in these playoffs. The Suns, Magic, and Lakers all are 2-0 in series clinching games this year. The Celtics are 2-3. With Game 4 loss against Miami, and Games 4 and 5 of Orlando.

Also, Orlando was down 2-3 to the Celtics last year in the playoffs and won. Game 7 was in Boston last year. So Boston better play with an additude that if we lose game 6, there will be no NBA Finals. I cant see how the Magic would blow all the momentum. Only 3 times in NBA History has a team forced a game 7 after trailing 0-3.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

This is much better now!!! 2-2 Suns and Lakers and 3-2 Celtics and Magic!!!
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
This is much better now!!! 2-2 Suns and Lakers and 3-2 Celtics and Magic!!!
and its about to be 3-3 baby. Celtics lose this one, they are done. Embrace history and become the first NBA team to lose a series after winning 3-0. Be the first city ever to have two franchises blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs. But I see where the NBA is going to call it tight tonight, and Paul Pierce is gonna do his best acting job when he gets the ball and fake like he gets hit or injured.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
and its about to be 3-3 baby. Celtics lose this one, they are done. Embrace history and become the first NBA team to lose a series after winning 3-0. Be the first city ever to have two franchises blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs. But I see where the NBA is going to call it tight tonight, and Paul Pierce is gonna do his best acting job when he gets the ball and fake like he gets hit or injured.
I sure hope so....I want to see the Magic in the finals!!
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I sure hope so....I want to see the Magic in the finals!!
Ill be honest, if the Magic do complete this Magical run and beat the Celtics then they should beat the Suns or Lakers. Magic will have homecourt and have alot of momentum from the previous series

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Id give the Celtics credit, but sorry Im not. Paul Pierce is good at scoring, but also good at acting and faking injuries. Besides, the refs were calling that game way too tight to begin with.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement