Orlando Magic and Atlanta Hawks the series - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Orlando Magic and Atlanta Hawks the series

Yes i'm bored. Figured I would get some threads started in here since it's so damn dead. Come on guys it's playoffs...

I see Orlando making quick work of Atlanta and 4-0, Atl would be lucky to win a single game.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer

Magic win in 5. The Magic were able to sweep the Bobcats without Howard dominating in the paint and without Carter playing at a high level. One thing the Bobcats had that Atlanta dosent is post guys in Mohammed, Wallace, and Ratliff. In the 3 wins against the Hawks, the Magic won by double digits, the lone win for Atlanta was a buzzer beating dunk by Josh Smith. I look for Howard to have somewhat his way in the paint, and Carter and Lewis hit three's. Only how Atlanta wins is if they find a way to stop Howard and Orlando goes cold beyond the arc. They average 10 threes a game, and attempted and made the most three pointers in the NBA as a team

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

You sure are an annoying cocksucker at times. Why don't you go ahead and get a thread going for every god damned baseball game on tonight too?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Magic win in 5. The Magic were able to sweep the Bobcats without Howard dominating in the paint and without Carter playing at a high level. Only how Atlanta wins is if they find a way to stop Howard and Orlando goes cold beyond the arc. They average 10 threes a game, and attempted and made the most three pointers in the NBA as a team
You cannot rely on Vince Carter to carry you for 4 straight playoff rounds. (see also: Nets, New Jersey and Raptors, Toronto)

Same thing with the three pointers. Jameer Nelson was the key to their first series. His drive and dish was how the guys like Lewis and Carter got open looks. And if the lid's closed...look out. Orlando should win the series (ATL is pitiful on the road) but they could have to work harder than they did in the first round. Hope they didnt get rusty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
You sure are an annoying cocksucker at times. Why don't you go ahead and get a thread going for every god damned baseball game on tonight too?
at least there isnt a ton of shit copy/pasted of highlights and box scores, holy fuck. I still lol'd.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Where is Ms. Right?

I think Atlanta will make it a series. I think they learned their lesson from being up 2-0 on the Bucks and then letting them win 3 straight. The Hawks destroyed them in game 7.

I say the Hawks lose in 6 or possibly even 7. yeah, shocking to think they'll extend the series that far but that's my thought....

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post

at least there isnt a ton of shit copy/pasted of highlights and box scores, holy fuck. I still lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Game 1 Highlights

Game 1 Boxscore

Game 2 Highlights

Game 2 Boxscore

That's just 1 post....I tried to post 3 but :"You have included 18 images in your message. You are limited to using 10 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the BB code [img] tag and HTML tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator."
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Lulz!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo View Post
I think Atlanta will make it a series. I think they learned their lesson from being up 2-0 on the Bucks and then letting them win 3 straight. The Hawks destroyed them in game 7.

I say the Hawks lose in 6 or possibly even 7. yeah, shocking to think they'll extend the series that far but that's my thought....
I hope you're not watching tonight because it's an ebarrassment.

So far they're shooting .290 for the game! Win!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You cannot rely on Vince Carter to carry you for 4 straight playoff rounds. (see also: Nets, New Jersey and Raptors, Toronto)

Same thing with the three pointers. Jameer Nelson was the key to their first series. His drive and dish was how the guys like Lewis and Carter got open looks. And if the lid's closed...look out. Orlando should win the series (ATL is pitiful on the road) but they could have to work harder than they did in the first round. Hope they didnt get rusty...

Yes you cant rely on Vince Carter, but Carter isnt the go to guy as he was in Toronto and New Jersey. Orlando has 4 guys that can shoot the lights out with Carter, Lewis, Nelson, and Howard in the paint. Also dont forget Michael Petrius who can be huge of the bench.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Yes you cant rely on Vince Carter, but Carter isnt the go to guy as he was in Toronto and New Jersey. Orlando has 4 guys that can shoot the lights out with Carter, Lewis, Nelson, and Howard in the paint. Also dont forget Michael Petrius who can be huge of the bench.
Howard is a liability on offense, they dont really run plays for him in close games due to his inability to shoot FTs. Carter and Lewis are streaky shooters, and as we saw with the Mavericks, you can't rely on jumpers to win close games. So that leaves Nelson/Pietrus as guys who are slashers or drivers, and sometimes Vince Carter to create their own shot/opportunities. And Carter will call his own number and force bad shots early in the shotclock. The team isnt very deep, and if Howard gets into early foul trouble they would have trouble in the next round, facing either the Cavs or Celts.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
LUCIFER

Orlando should sweep the Hawks, Atlanta doesn't have enough depth in their bench or anything who can handle to Dwight Howard

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Howard is a liability on offense, they dont really run plays for him in close games due to his inability to shoot FTs. Carter and Lewis are streaky shooters, and as we saw with the Mavericks, you can't rely on jumpers to win close games. So that leaves Nelson/Pietrus as guys who are slashers or drivers, and sometimes Vince Carter to create their own shot/opportunities. And Carter will call his own number and force bad shots early in the shotclock. The team isnt very deep, and if Howard gets into early foul trouble they would have trouble in the next round, facing either the Cavs or Celts.
Howard a liability on offense? we arent watching the same game then. He can slam the ball home, or can do jump hooks that his assistant coach Patrick Ewing has taught him. The difference between the Mavs and the Magic is the Magic will go inside, and Stan Van Gundy will get in someones face unlike Carlisle.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Howard a liability on offense? we arent watching the same game then. He can slam the ball home, or can do jump hooks that his assistant coach Patrick Ewing has taught him. The difference between the Mavs and the Magic is the Magic will go inside, and Stan Van Gundy will get in someones face unlike Carlisle.
October : 17-22 2 games
November: 93-149 16 games (including 6 when he took 7 shots or fewer)
December: 65-109 13 games (including 7 when he took 8 shots or fewer)
January: 100-179 17 games (including 6 when he took 8 shots or fewer)
February: 92-151 12 games (only one where he took 7 shots or less and he went 1-7 in 25 mins of a blow out win)
March: 94-149 14 games (4 where he took 7 shots or less)
April: 49-75 8 games (half of which he took 8 shots or fewer)

And he averaged only 34.7 minutes a game, fouled out of 4 games in 17, 38, 28, 41 minutes.

22 Orlando losses, and he took 7 shots or less in 10 of them!! And those count putbacks! Are you serious? You can't run plays for him.

avg: 6.2-10.7FG; 5.9-10.0FT; 3.34TO; 3.5PF.

You arent relying on him to score.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
October : 17-22 2 games
November: 93-149 16 games (including 6 when he took 7 shots or fewer)
December: 65-109 13 games (including 7 when he took 8 shots or fewer)
January: 100-179 17 games (including 6 when he took 8 shots or fewer)
February: 92-151 12 games (only one where he took 7 shots or less and he went 1-7 in 25 mins of a blow out win)
March: 94-149 14 games (4 where he took 7 shots or less)
April: 49-75 8 games (half of which he took 8 shots or fewer)

And he averaged only 34.7 minutes a game, fouled out of 4 games in 17, 38, 28, 41 minutes.

22 Orlando losses, and he took 7 shots or less in 10 of them!! And those count putbacks! Are you serious? You can't run plays for him.

avg: 6.2-10.7FG; 5.9-10.0FT; 3.34TO; 3.5PF.

You arent relying on him to score.
Just look at the last 2 games against the Hawks. During the series against the Bobcats, Howard wasnt scoring like he was in the regular season and was getting alot of fouls. Yes the Magic still sweeped the Bobcats, but the 4 games werent blowouts. Against the Hawks, Howard has had 25+ point totals and the Magic have slaughtered the Hawks.

I think Orlando is the best team in the East. They are the only team left in the playoffs that hasnt lost yet, and this is a team that is playing as one. No egos, just winning.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Whooped that ass last night! Those 3 pointers are some real daggers

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Whooped that ass last night! Those 3 pointers are some real daggers
other than the end of the 2nd Quarter, the Magic we're in control. Howard got off to a good start, strong baskets. Lewis and Nelson set the 1st Quarter tempo. But once they took out Howard, Atlanta started to get some momentum. VC hit some key 2nd half shots, heck I think most of his points came in the 2nd half. And I noticed he only took one shot in the 1st Q, instead of shooting it he feed Nelson and Lewis who had the hot hand. The Magic play like this, they will beat Cleveland. The Magic are 2-2 against the Cavs and have won the last two meetings. The Magic were 3-1 against the Celtics with the lone loss was on Christmas Day

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Lifer

bring out the broomsticks tonight baby, get ready to face either the Cavs or Celtics. Dosent matter who we play. Magic were 3-1 against the Celtics, with the lone loss coming against them was on Christmas Day. They are 2-2 against the Cavs, and have won the last 2.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Where is Ms. Right?

So much for me thinking that the Hawks would make it a series. Joe Johnson never showed up. Then again, I didn't think the Suns would sweep the Spurs.

Mark Cuban, don't go after Joe Johnson. We have enough players that choke in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Lakers-Suns series. That should be a good one. And about the 3 teams left in the east, I'd like to see the Celtics pull off the upset against King James and then Orlando beating them.

Ideally I want to see the Suns-Magic in the Finals with the Suns winning it. I just don't see it happening

"Don't be with someone you can live with, be with someone you can't live without"
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So much for me thinking that the Hawks would make it a series. Joe Johnson never showed up. Then again, I didn't think the Suns would sweep the Spurs.

Mark Cuban, don't go after Joe Johnson. We have enough players that choke in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Lakers-Suns series. That should be a good one. And about the 3 teams left in the east, I'd like to see the Celtics pull off the upset against King James and then Orlando beating them.

Ideally I want to see the Suns-Magic in the Finals with the Suns winning it. I just don't see it happening
agreed on all acounts. Johnson even said publicly that he was frustrated about his teams play and the players. It looks like Atlanta is move concerned about individual performances than the team. Which is the complete opposite from the Magic. The Magic are playing as a team, not as individuals. Howard, Carter, Lewis, Nelson, and Barnes are playing great on offense. Also Orlando has one of the deepest benches with Petrus, Bass, Gortat, Williams, Redick, and Ryan Anderson.

I think Joe Johnson leaves Atlanta, as well as Chris Bosh from Toronto and maybe Dwyane Wade from Miami if they dont sign a big guy

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:

And about the 3 teams left in the east, I'd like to see the Celtics pull off the upset against King James and then Orlando beating them.
I put some money on Celts +700 to make it out of the East when they tied the series at 1-1 against the Cavs because I dont think Orlando could beat Cleveland or Boston.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Lifer

Series is over. Orlando won by an average of 25 points in all 4 games. It looked like they didnt break a sweat against the Hawks.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement