Lifer

Crayton/Hurd being shopped?!

WTF?! WHY?????

Cowboys shopping Crayton, Hurd

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have given agent Fred Lyles permission to seek a trade for wide receiver Patrick Crayton, according to a source.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins and Tim MacMahon have the Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog

The Cowboys are shopping two wide receivers after selecting Dez Bryant in the first round of NFL draft Thursday night. Sam Hurd was placed on the trading block after his agent, Ian Greengross, expressed concerns over his client's role with the team.

As of now, the Cowboys' depth chart has Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Crayton, Kevin Ogletree, Manuel Johnson, Jesse Holley and Hurd.

Crayton most likely will lose the punt returner job to Bryant as well as his spot on the depth chart as the No. 3 wideout.

With the club seeking more playing time for Ogletree, that further puts Crayton's status with the team in doubt.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Bryant will do punt returns, Roy in the slot as #3. I think Roy should go, but this is my take. Jerry just gave him a $9 million roster bonus. He is going to keep him this year, then dump him. Ogletree is waiting in the wings and has serious potential. He has caught everything tossed his way so far.

Shedding crayton and hurd would help get ogletree more time, and I would be willig to bet he beats Roy out this year. Crayton has some value. I'd think Hurd has a tiny bit of value. However they hit the block last night and nobody moved on them. Carpenter and Spears are also being offered up on the block.

I'm VERY happy with the draft, and they will be hard to beat. The rest of the holes will be addressed in FA. Faneca is an option, as is Flozell. He only got cut due to the fat check he was due this year. They can resign him for peanuts. Sharper is also available and IMO, better than any of the safeties in the draft.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I hope you're right Brent!!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Time Served

Not too concerned really. Bryant looks to be a pretty damn good receiver and when Roy Williams actually gets the ball in his hands, he is decent. Ogletree also has the potential to be great.

98 GT.
5 Speed
3.73's
Full Exhaust
Eibach Sportlines
18" Chrome Cobra R's
PI swap.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
...and when Roy Williams actually gets the ball in his hands, he is decent.
I think you mean "when the ball doesn't bounce off Roy Williams' hand-shaped skillets, he is halfway average," right? He has totally gone to shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:13 AM

worried about signing flozell to peanuts. when he isnt motivated to play its not pretty.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Most of you Cowboys cocksuckers were calling for Crayton to be released around this time last year!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Most of you Cowboys cocksuckers were calling for Crayton to be released around this time last year!
Like I said, I support it. Crayton has a big mouth and nothing to back it up with. He makes a good #3. Trying to force him in to a #3 role, doesn't work.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
I think you mean "when the ball doesn't bounce off Roy Williams' hand-shaped skillets, he is halfway average," right? He has totally gone to shit.
Pretty much. He made a few plays when he could catch the damn thing. Bryant looks like the type that will rip your head off if you stand between him and the goal line.

98 GT.
5 Speed
3.73's
Full Exhaust
Eibach Sportlines
18" Chrome Cobra R's
PI swap.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
Pretty much. He made a few plays when he could catch the damn thing. Bryant looks like the type that will rip your head off if you stand between him and the goal line.
I lost all hope in that prick when I heard Brad Sham say he was the only receiver that didn't take any warmup passes from Romo before the first Philly game last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 AM

I think crayton, hurd, et al are expendable (and Roy)... I like Dez (as a player) alot and I think that UDFA from Elon College has the track record to have a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement