Does Kyle Bush do too much? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Does Kyle Bush do too much?

Don't do it, Kyle.

Oh, you know he wants to. The man is a racer, after all, tried and true. Most people with his net worth spend their vacations on some remote atoll surrounded by only aquamarine waters and servers bearing drinks. Him? He spends his leisure time in some dusty Midwestern outpost racing loud, slant-nosed creatures that look like props from a "Terminator" movie. If it has a wheel, and a throttle, and it goes fast, he's itching to kick somebody's behind in it. Had he been born a century earlier and been a pilot, he would have tried to beat Lindbergh across the Atlantic.

So yes, you know Kyle Busch wants to run the full Nationwide Series and challenge for another championship, an idea that came wafting across the prairie after his rain-postponed victory Monday evening at Texas Motor Speedway, as tantalizing as the smell of char-grilled red meat. And who can blame him, really? Busch now owns a 20-point lead over Brad Keselowski in the series standings, and says he has as much fun in the Nationwide car as he does anywhere else. He has 33 career victories on NASCAR's No. 2 circuit, is closing in on Kevin Harvick's second-place mark of 36, and is well aware of where he stands relative to Mark Martin's record of 48.

"I want to be one of the best," Busch said after his Texas victory. "I want to be known as the best."

And one day, perhaps, he will -- but does he need to run the full Nationwide slate in 2010 to get there? It's easy now, in the glow of a fifth consecutive Nationwide victory at Texas and a promising start to his Sprint Cup season, to forget why Joe Gibbs Racing scaled Busch back to around 25 companion events to begin with. Last season's Nationwide title, Busch's first in a NASCAR national division, coincided with a summertime slide that left the driver eight points on the wrong side of the Chase cutoff. While there was no obvious cause-and-effect relationship between the two events, there were enough shortened or skipped debriefing sessions and enough late-night flights between enough race venues to give the impression that Busch was overextended by juggling both series at the same time.

In the end, at least on the Sprint Cup side, there weren't enough results like those we had become accustomed to seeing from Busch, who emerged as the most polarizing figure in NASCAR by winning eight times -- sometimes in brash, unrepentant style -- the year before. The closer he crept toward that 2009 Nationwide title, the more uneven his Sprint Cup performances became, to the point where even older brother Kurt wondered if he was taking on too much. Granted, the No. 18 team tried some setups last year that just didn't work, and former crew chief Steve Addington wound up as the fall guy. But no one paid a steeper price than Busch, as fiery and dynamic a competitor as there is in the Sprint Cup garage area, who over the final third of last season was reduced to the galling position of also-ran. (Continued)

The product of that experience was a scaled-back effort that still allows Busch to compete in the vast majority of Nationwide events this season, but eliminates major headaches like that Sonoma/Road America weekend in June, and essentially removes him from the title hunt. Monday's outcome, though, spiked the competitive adrenaline of everyone associated with the No. 18 Nationwide outfit, to the point where crewmen were lobbying car owner Joe Gibbs to let them go after the championship as soon as he got to Victory Lane. Busch is an owner himself now, with two entries in the Camping World Truck Series, and he sees and understands and accepts the larger picture. He knows that once again attempting the full Nationwide slate would present obstacles. He knows that decision isn't up to him.

And yet ...

Busch has plenty on his plate already, with his resurgent Sprint Cup program and those two Kyle Busch Motorsports entries on the Truck circuit, each of them still in need of sponsorship."I want to. It's up to these guys, though," Busch said, motioning to Gibbs and crew chief Jason Ratcliff. "I'd like to, but we know how difficult it is to win both, and what it takes away from the premium spot, which is the Sprint Cup title, and I don't want to take anything from those guys."

Those guys have Busch on the brink of becoming a title contender again on the Sprint Cup tour. There's obvious chemistry between him and crew chief Dave Rogers, who succeeded Addington with three events remaining last season. Busch and Rogers have now had 11 races together, and they've run with the leaders in six of them -- not quite Jimmie Johnson-like numbers, but clear improvement for a team that missed the Chase last year. Had circumstances broken differently, they might very well have three wins already: their debut last fall at Texas, where Busch led 232 laps before running out of fuel; at Martinsville, where he was spun out in the final laps; and at Phoenix, where Busch led 113 laps and had the lead until a caution with two to go turned the event into a pit-road guessing game.

No, Busch still hasn't won on the Sprint Cup tour since last August at Bristol, but after an uneven start the No. 18 team has strung together four consecutive solid efforts and moved up to sixth in the standings. Busch is starting to get that look about him again, the kind he had when he was bowing and smashing guitars and ticking people off by winning too much. Clearly, something is working. Why trifle with that? Why jeopardize a highly promising Sprint Cup effort for another Nationwide championship? There's an easy reason why -- Busch, the motorsports omnivore that he is, wants to win everything he can. But he could win 10 Nationwide titles, and his career will still ultimately be defined by what he does at NASCAR's highest level.

People who struggle to define what makes Johnson so successful usually overlook the fact that all his efforts are pointed toward winning Sprint Cup titles -- he doesn't race Nationwide, he doesn't own race teams, he just goes after the sport's biggest prize again and again like a big cat stalking prey. Clearly, most racers are hard-wired differently. Like Busch, they burn to compete and win in anything they can. Toward that end, giving Busch a taste of what Gibbs' powerhouse of a Nationwide program is capable of must be like asking a dieter to stand guard over a dessert buffet. It must be irresistible. No wonder he wants to strap himself inside Ratcliff's cars and try to dominate the competition every chance he can.

But right now, at least, a little willpower is in order. Busch has plenty on his plate already, with his resurgent Sprint Cup program and those two Kyle Busch Motorsports entries on the Truck circuit, each of them still in need of sponsorship. But the priority has to be that M&Ms car. He can't afford another season like the last one. He doesn't need to go after a second Nationwide title while a first Sprint Cup crown is still out there, waiting to be pursued. Gibbs surely knows this, answering the questions Monday about another potential title run with a diplomatic "we'll talk it over," giving no indication that he was about to turn Busch loose.

The driver? Well, that's another story. Those competitive instincts can't be turned off like a light switch. "Maybe we skip one and can still win the deal," Busch said smiling, the wheels clearly turning. "I don't know."

Just say no, Kyle. Just say no.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I would like to get some feedback on this subject from people who actually watch the sport... Put aside your hate for Kyle Busch.

I honestly do believe the kid is taking on way too much for such a long period of time. He races Truck series, Nationwide and Cup series and I think it's about time the guy just focus on one major goal like going for the Cup and skipp out on some of the other races or just drop the other two series.

Although I do understand Kyle wants to beat Mark Martins record on Nationwide wins and he isn't very far considering Mark Martin is getting so old and Kyle is still in his 20's with 30+ wins and Mark has just under 50.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I hate ghetto niggers

If that's what he wants to do then so be it. Yeah I think he's doing WAY to fucking much but what can you do.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Yea he does too much, he races, whines like a pussy, who cares about a scrotum sucking mother fucker named Busch

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Dfw Mustangs dot net

Lol

D.F.W.M.U.S.T.A.N.G.S.N.E.T
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

If he's going to go down, he's going to go down swinging, and I have to respect a guy that isn't giong to just conform to what Nascar wants or thinks is best. If he can do it all, be successful, or even become a legend in the sport than go for it. You only live once so you might as well give it a whirl and see what happens. At least if he fails he can't say that he didn't try, which is more than most people can take credit for.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Lifer

Too much?

He's driving around in circles, it's not real hard to do. Apparently he's better than average at it, but who you gonna brag about that to?
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I got your Jihad!!

he does too much whining

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
If he's going to go down, he's going to go down swinging, and I have to respect a guy that isn't giong to just conform to what Nascar wants or thinks is best. If he can do it all, be successful, or even become a legend in the sport than go for it. You only live once so you might as well give it a whirl and see what happens. At least if he fails he can't say that he didn't try, which is more than most people can take credit for.
when it comes down to talent, there is no one better than him right now. But there is one person that can beat Kyle Busch, and thats Kyle Busch, and he does that alot. He throws his team under the bus, always cusses and complains when something doesnt go his way. And no matter what Kyle Busch does in the 18, he will never be half the driver or the man that Bobby Labonte or Dale Jarrett was in the 18. Any driver can wreck another for a win, it takes talent to pass someone clean. Besides if we went and talk to every driver on who they have more respect for, Bobby Labonte or Kyle Busch? Come on I dont even have to answer that one

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
when it comes down to talent, there is no one better than him right now. But there is one person that can beat Kyle Busch, and thats Kyle Busch, and he does that alot. He throws his team under the bus, always cusses and complains when something doesnt go his way. And no matter what Kyle Busch does in the 18, he will never be half the driver or the man that Bobby Labonte or Dale Jarrett was in the 18. Any driver can wreck another for a win, it takes talent to pass someone clean. Besides if we went and talk to every driver on who they have more respect for, Bobby Labonte or Kyle Busch? Come on I dont even have to answer that one
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you must not have liked watching Nascar from about 10 years ago on back, because there were a lot more wrecks to get the win than there are now. Dale Earnhardt, Darrel Waltrip, Cale Yarborough, just to name a few that were known for putting the bumper to someone because they couldn't pass them clean.
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you must not have liked watching Nascar from about 10 years ago on back, because there were a lot more wrecks to get the win than there are now. Dale Earnhardt, Darrel Waltrip, Cale Yarborough, just to name a few that were known for putting the bumper to someone because they couldn't pass them clean.
what do those drivers have that Kyle Busch dosent have? A Championship. Ive watched nascar since 98 (I was 10)

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
what do those drivers have that Kyle Busch dosent have? A Championship. Ive watched nascar since 98 (I was 10)
What a minute, you just said...

Quote:
Any driver can wreck another for a win, it takes talent to pass someone clean.
... so now it's okay because they have a Championship? Nice logic.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What a minute, you just said...

... so now it's okay because they have a Championship? Nice logic.
those guys that you mentioned, Kyle isnt even on there level. You cant compare Kyle to Earnhardt. One you never heard Earnhardt trash his team. Kyle does it every week.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Sign I saw on the ground:

Whoever wrote that article needs to know when to end a sentence & start a new one. I got a headache from all the run-on sentences... All I came away w/ is the guy's name! Kyle! That much I knew from the thread title!

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Kyle Busch is an amazing driver... That is all. Almost swept all three races this weekend.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Kyle Busch is an amazing driver... That is all. Almost swept all three races this weekend.
hes good, but he is also a douchebag and a whiny bitch

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
hes good, but he is also a douchebag and a whiny bitch
Maybe he is just cranky from not getting enough sleep/rest....

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Maybe he is just cranky from not getting enough sleep/rest....
Or maybe he's just a douchebag, because he's a fucking douchebag. Some people are born with it.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Or maybe he's just a douchebag, because he's a fucking douchebag. Some people are born with it.
thank you, even his brother dosent like him. I can remember 5 and 6 years ago that Kurt Busch was the whiny bitch, but he finally matured and actually is a nice guy. I met him at an autograph session last year. Kyle is just a dick. His sponser Interstate Batteries corporate offices are here in Dallas, and he dosent even do one autograph session for them. J.J. Yeley and Bobby Labonte did.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
thank you, even his brother dosent like him. I can remember 5 and 6 years ago that Kurt Busch was the whiny bitch, but he finally matured and actually is a nice guy. I met him at an autograph session last year. Kyle is just a dick. His sponser Interstate Batteries corporate offices are here in Dallas, and he dosent even do one autograph session for them. J.J. Yeley and Bobby Labonte did.
Kurt woke up when Jack Roush sidelined him with just a few races left in the season AND was in contention for the championship. It was a new Kurt Busch once he started driving for Roger Penske.

Kyle is just an arrogant, egotistical, douchebag.

post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Kurt woke up when Jack Roush sidelined him with just a few races left in the season AND was in contention for the championship. It was a new Kurt Busch once he started driving for Roger Penske.

Kyle is just an arrogant, egotistical, douchebag.
Well Kurt finally learned his lesson, and he was going to leave Roush Racing anyways. Kyle will be like this until another driver has enough and just beats the shit out of him

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

You know you're doing something right when you have people that hate you like that.

Who cares how he acts off the track? The guy can fucking drive, i'm surprised many of you can't just respect that and leave it alone.

I don't see anyone else in the sport drive as many miles as Kyle does every weekend. This should speak volumes of how good he expects himself to be... practice makes perfect and this guy is out there driving his heart out every single race.

Jimmie Johnson is how old? He races in the Sprint Cup and that is all.... His main focus is the sprint cup and he get's the job done I have to give it to him considering he has 4 championships already. If Kyle Busch focused on the Sprint Cup and dropped out of everything else I bet you he would win a championship if not multiple. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that when Kyle turns JJ's age he has a championship.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You know you're doing something right when you have people that hate you like that.

Who cares how he acts off the track? The guy can fucking drive, i'm surprised many of you can't just respect that and leave it alone.

I don't see anyone else in the sport drive as many miles as Kyle does every weekend. This should speak volumes of how good he expects himself to be... practice makes perfect and this guy is out there driving his heart out every single race.

Jimmie Johnson is how old? He races in the Sprint Cup and that is all.... His main focus is the sprint cup and he get's the job done I have to give it to him considering he has 4 championships already. If Kyle Busch focused on the Sprint Cup and dropped out of everything else I bet you he would win a championship if not multiple. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that when Kyle turns JJ's age he has a championship.
If Kyle Busch continues to have the additude that he has now, he will never win one. Yes Kyle Busch is a great driver, and when he gets his shit together during a race hes pretty good. But time and time again he beats himself by doing stupid things.

He throws a fit over every little thing. If his crew makes one mistake, he gets pissed cause he expects them to be perfect. Well Kyle, your not perfect too you dumbass.

He has no problem spinning out a driver to win a race, but if someone does the exact same thing to him he cries wolf.

All I know is this, if Dale Earnhardt was still alive today he would make Kyle Busch his bitch. And besides, winning busch championships is nice and even the truck series is nice too. But in Sprint Cup he has no championships, no Daytona 500 wins, no brickyard 400 wins, and no Coca Cola 600 wins. The biggest race hes won was Darlington in 2008. In the Sports biggest races, he fails to win.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
If Kyle Busch continues to have the additude that he has now, he will never win one. Yes Kyle Busch is a great driver, and when he gets his shit together during a race hes pretty good. But time and time again he beats himself by doing stupid things.

He throws a fit over every little thing. If his crew makes one mistake, he gets pissed cause he expects them to be perfect. Well Kyle, your not perfect too you dumbass.

He has no problem spinning out a driver to win a race, but if someone does the exact same thing to him he cries wolf.

All I know is this, if Dale Earnhardt was still alive today he would make Kyle Busch his bitch. And besides, winning busch championships is nice and even the truck series is nice too. But in Sprint Cup he has no championships, no Daytona 500 wins, no brickyard 400 wins, and no Coca Cola 600 wins. The biggest race hes won was Darlington in 2008. In the Sports biggest races, he fails to win.
Lol did you really just say that? I'm pretty sure it would be the other way around lmao, Matter of fact I know it would. #1 reason kyle hasnt won any of those races is because that isn't his main focus... He is focused on 2 different races in the same weekend hell sometimes even 3! I garuntee if he focused on one race he could win.

btw didn't Dale senior used to be a pretty dirty driver himself back in the day?

What else would you expect? I would want my crew to be perfect even when I do make mistakes, who wouldnt?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Kyle Busch at 25 years old

Sprint Cup - 18 Wins - 61 Top 10's - 6 Poles
Nationwide - 34 Wins - 108 Top 10's - 18 Poles
Truck Series - 17 Wins - 52 Top 10's - 5 Poles

Dale Earnhardt at 49 years old

Overall Career76 Wins - 428 Top 10's - 22 Poles

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Lifer

I don't think the major issue with Kyle is about dirty driving, but more about how he treats other folks when he feels he is wronged when comparing him to an Earnhardt Sr. or that type. Can you imagine what the interview would have been like after the race if the speeding penalty was on Kyle yesterday instead of JJ?
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Time Served

Lol
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Kyle Busch at 25 years old

Sprint Cup - 18 Wins - 61 Top 10's - 6 Poles
Nationwide - 34 Wins - 108 Top 10's - 18 Poles
Truck Series - 17 Wins - 52 Top 10's - 5 Poles

Dale Earnhardt at 49 years old

Overall Career76 Wins - 428 Top 10's - 22 Poles
you cant compare Earnhardt stats and Buschs stats for many reasons. One they didnt have the truck series until the mid 90's, and most of the great drivers in Winston Cup didnt race in what was back then called the Busch Series. Also Earnhardt didnt have the luxary to hop on a helicopter and race unlike drivers today

Besides, here is the key stat

Kyle Busch - 0 Championships
Earnhardt - 7 Championships

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:08 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
you cant compare Earnhardt stats and Buschs stats for many reasons. One they didnt have the truck series until the mid 90's, and most of the great drivers in Winston Cup didnt race in what was back then called the Busch Series. Also Earnhardt didnt have the luxary to hop on a helicopter and race unlike drivers today

Besides, here is the key stat

Kyle Busch - 1 Championship
Earnhardt - 7 Championships
Fixed.

Not too mention Earnhardt raced for 19 years before getting his last Championship, so come back in 14 years and let us know how the cards stack up in a little better comparison.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Fixed.

Not too mention Earnhardt raced for 19 years before getting his last Championship, so come back in 14 years and let us know how the cards stack up in a little better comparison.
im not talking about busch, im talking about cup. besides racing in the nationwide isnt what it used to be. 10 years ago none of the cup drivers really raced in the busch series.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Fixed.

If dfwstangs is still around I will. Kyle Busch is going to be one of the greatest nascar drivers in the history of the sport i'd put money down on that.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Lifer

lol Kyle Busch is about to lose his Truck Team

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:13 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
lol Kyle Busch is about to lose his Truck Team
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...lladega-052110

Win #70.
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Lifer

lol where are the Kyle Busch fans? Cause boy he was a whiny bitch. Hamlin didnt put him in the wall, you put yourself in the wall.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

73 wins as of last night.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Bump for the Kyle Busch haters. Chalk up another win in Iowa.
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Lifer

He can win all the Busch and Truck Races or Championships he wants, they don't mean shit... How many Busch or Truck Championships did Earnhardt Sr, Petty, Gordon or Johnson win? Dont know, dont care... How many cup Championships? A fan knows...

Winning races doesn't make you the best... Hell, Tony Stewart won Midget, Winged Sprints, Silver Crown, Modified, Indy, Arca, Truck, Busch and Cup races... I think he's better than Busch but would I call him "the best".... I'd pick him before I'd pick Kyle "Wingnut" Busch as "the best"...

You take any sport, the minor leagues don't mean shit...

If you want to compare him to anyone, you should compare him to Gordon or Johnson... wanna be the best, gotta beat the best and they're the best in the show right now...

Busch is in his sixth full season.... (2005-2010) 18 wins, 12 poles and highest points finish is 5th... obviously the season isn't over but...
Gordon by his sixth full season.... (1993-1998) 42 wins, 24 poles and 3 Championships... His sixth season is the last time he had double digit wins...
Johnson by his sixth full season... (2002-2007) 33 wins, 17 poles and 2 Championships... He kicked ass the last four years but his wins are already declining...
Harvick by his sixth season... (2001-2006) 10 wins, 5 poles and highest points finish is 4th...
And finally Earnhardt Jr in his first six full seasons... (2000-2005) 16 wins, 6 poles and highest points finish was 3rd...

I think he's an arrogant little jackass who is focused on the wrong thing... If he would concentrate on the Cup Series he might do better but, he needs his ego stroked and he gets that stroke from beating the little guys in Busch and Truck... Fact is, he's a better than average driver but he wont ever "be the best"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 08:52 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

He just pulled off the trifecta at Bristol. I can hear the haters hatin'!!
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He just pulled off the trifecta at Bristol. I can hear the haters hatin'!!
no one gives a fuck about Busch.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
no one gives a fuck about Busch.

You're replying in here aren't you?
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Lifer

No one gives a fuck about NASCAR.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan View Post
He can win all the Busch and Truck Races or Championships he wants, they don't mean shit... How many Busch or Truck Championships did Earnhardt Sr, Petty, Gordon or Johnson win? Dont know, dont care... How many cup Championships? A fan knows...

Winning races doesn't make you the best... Hell, Tony Stewart won Midget, Winged Sprints, Silver Crown, Modified, Indy, Arca, Truck, Busch and Cup races... I think he's better than Busch but would I call him "the best".... I'd pick him before I'd pick Kyle "Wingnut" Busch as "the best"...

If you want to compare him to anyone, you should compare him to Gordon or Johnson... wanna be the best, gotta beat the best and they're the best in the show right now...

Busch is in his sixth full season.... (2005-2010) 18 wins, 12 poles and highest points finish is 5th... obviously the season isn't over but...
Gordon by his sixth full season.... (1993-1998) 42 wins, 24 poles and 3 Championships... His sixth season is the last time he had double digit wins...
Johnson by his sixth full season... (2002-2007) 33 wins, 17 poles and 2 Championships... He kicked ass the last four years but his wins are already declining...
Harvick by his sixth season... (2001-2006) 10 wins, 5 poles and highest points finish is 4th...
And finally Earnhardt Jr in his first six full seasons... (2000-2005) 16 wins, 6 poles and highest points finish was 3rd...

I think he's an arrogant little jackass who is focused on the wrong thing... If he would concentrate on the Cup Series he might do better but, he needs his ego stroked and he gets that stroke from beating the little guys in Busch and Truck... Fact is, he's a better than average driver but he wont ever "be the best"...
There you go. That puts it into perspective.

Oh, one other thing. KB is an douchebag.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Lifer

There is a reason why real nascar fans dont like Kyle Busch. Hes a tool

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
If his last name was Earnhardt ,we wouldn't even have this thread.

******If you can't feed em don't breed em******
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOW55 View Post
Earnhardt had 7 championships in Cup, remind me how many Championships Kyle has?

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Everyone knows Earnhardt really sucks at racing cars.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Earnhardt had 7 championships in Cup, remind me how many Championships Kyle has?
Kyle is still 4 yrs behind when Earnhardt got his first ...

******If you can't feed em don't breed em******
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kyle is still 4 yrs behind when Earnhardt got his first ...
According to some in this thread he's the greatest thing since sliced bread so it's a fair comparison.

In regards to the Sr./KB dirty driving comparison, I can't recall a time when Sr got all bitchy when he got a dose of his own medicine.

I agree that Kyle can drive the shit out of those cars, but I can't stand that little ungrateful SOB. If one little thing goes wrong he's screaming for the amberlamps.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What drivers do "real" nascar fans like? I have been a fan since 90 and been a Jeff Gordon fan since his rookie year. But my plan was to cheer for Kyle once Jeff retires. Hated that Rick let him go. It was nice to hear last week, Rick admit he made a mistake there. I go to every nascar race here at TMS. Go to every meet and greet that my company has with the drivers. And I happen to like Kyle. I cant say we know each other. But the few times I got to talk with him he seemed like an OK guy. He even signed autographs way after his alloted time was up last November. Wasnt a move a tool would have done.

Quote:
Stats can work with or against. Depends if you use them to fit your arguement. How many wins does Kyle have at 25yrs, compared to Dale's 9 wins at the same age? 19 correct? How old was Dale when he won his first championship? 29 years old. Kyle has plenty of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan View Post

, he needs his ego stroked and he gets that stroke from beating the little guys in Busch and Truck... Fact is, he's a better than average driver but he wont ever "be the best"...
I agree with you in saying that winning dont make you the best. But it doesnt hurt your resume' when its contract time. Doesnt hurt you with the hall of fame either. Did you not see the 20 best drivers list? A lot guys mentioned per NASCAR didnt have championships, but had a lot of wins.

Your arguement has some valid points. But it also has holes. He has more wins than Harvick and Dale Jr.. The only one that was as young as he is with that many wins was Jeff Gordon. And since you compared him to Jeff.... Jeff was rookie of the year in the Busch series in 91. Lets not forget that Jeff himself stated that he thinks Kyle is the best pure driver out there. So saying he will never be the best is matter of opinion. If we are going off of stats, nobody will ever be the best since there will never be another to have the 200 wins and 7 championships Petty has. So more championships or more wins make you the best? Remember, Matt K won his championship with 1 win all season. Would you say Matt is a better driver than Kyle because of that? IMO, I dont think so.

Bottom line, the kid loves to race anything he can. More power to him. Maybe its good to learn the tracks tendencies prior to Sundays race? Saying he picks on the little leagers is not a good point as Harvick, Edwards, Burton, Little Joey L. and cry me a river Keslowski and so on and so on try to do it, but dont get as many wins as he. And they run a full season as well.

As far as the trucks go.... how many washed up former winston, nextel and sprint drivers are there running trucks? Or even drivers that just couldnt cut it in the top series when they had their chance? Plenty. Some of them never even made it to the Busch/Nationwide series and have spent their entire career there. Perfect example is David Starr out of Plano. He has spent his entire 12 year career in the truck series and has less wins than Kyle.

The statement of " a fan knows" is a double standard. You cant say only a fan knows about the top series and not the rest. One could say a "real" fan of NASCAR is a fan of all of NASCAR. And the trucks and nationwide series are a part of NASCAR's umbrella. The hatred or dis-like of certain drivers makes the sport interesting. I personally enjoy watching the sprint cup and trucks more so than the nationwide. But I do tune in to the nationwide for certain tracks.

Stats can be used when it suits your arguements needs. Nascar is no different than any other sport or motor sport...... everybody has their favorites and the favorites they love to hate on. I guess we are all passionate about the drivers we cheer and the drivers we hate. Even if at times we put on blinders. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Last edited by T-TOPPS5.0; 08-25-2010 at 09:44 PM.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
According to some in this thread he's the greatest thing since sliced bread so it's a fair comparison.

In regards to the Sr./KB dirty driving comparison, I can't recall a time when Sr got all bitchy when he got a dose of his own medicine.

I agree that Kyle can drive the shit out of those cars, but I can't stand that little ungrateful SOB. If one little thing goes wrong he's screaming for the amberlamps.
He is talented I'll give him that, but yea thats why I dont like him cause of that additude. Like Saturday night, Keselowski didnt wreck Kyle. Kyle wrecked himself. Its what, 20 laps to go? Keselowski had a run from running the high line and Kyle went and shut the door while Brad had the momentum. Plus you look at the replay Kyle came across Brads front bumper. Brad wasnt going to lift, and who would lift in that positon late in that race.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement