2010 NFL Schedule - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

2010 NFL Schedule

Well good luck to the Dallas Cowboys next season cause ya'll will be needing it!!!

I'll stick to my same predictions as the year before and go ahead and say the New Orleans Saints will win another Super Bowl but only difference is they will be playing the Denver Broncos this time!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I got your Jihad!!

Thumbs down

Go figure that the Saints will have an easy schedule....

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
The NFL has to make new dynasties somehow, right?

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

So are the Saints having a home game 9/12? I'm taking a cruise out of New Orleans that weekend, if so parking is going to be a problem.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
It's horseshit, but what can you do?
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I'll be going to the Steeler's @ Saints game and i'll also be going to the Steeler's @ Broncos game this preseason

I'm still up in the air on going to the Saints @ Cowboys game tickets will be high dollar

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
I'm still up in the air on going to the Saints @ Cowboys game tickets will be high dollar
Yeah, last year they were almost $300 each for nose bleeds.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well good luck to the Dallas Cowboys next season cause ya'll will be needing it!!!

I'll stick to my same predictions as the year before and go ahead and say the New Orleans Saints will win another Super Bowl but only difference is they will be playing the Denver Broncos this time!

I doubt the broncos will make it. It will probably be a rematch in the super bowl. But this time the Colts win.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Lifer

Boy the Rams have an easy schedule based on records from last year. Outside of our division games (Seahawks twice, 49ers twice, Cardinals twice) we have the Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Chiefs, and Redskins at home. Then have to play the Saints, Buccaneers, Broncos, Lions, and Raiders. I hope we can get 6 wins.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
I doubt the broncos will make it. It will probably be a rematch in the super bowl. And the Colts will still lose.
fixed for accuracy.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Their division sucked last year with Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay missing the playoffs. Those are 6 games. Cowboys are always going to have the toughest schedule cause of the caliber of teams that are in the NFC East.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Their division sucked last year with Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay missing the playoffs. Those are 6 games. Cowboys are always going to have the toughest schedule cause of the caliber of teams that are in the NFC East.
That and they pull in ratings. They are always going to be targeted to have big games every week against quality opponents to raise the tv ratings.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Where did you get those images from? I'd like to see a comparison on SoS between all 32 teams.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Comparison of Sos? I'll get it for ya. I just go to the website and take a snippit..

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Comparison of Sos? I'll get it for ya. I just go to the website and take a snippit..
Strength of Schedule.

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

For what team do you want it Steelers?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Post up the Eagles baby! I know theirs is almost identical to the Cowboys, but still, peeps can see how hard they both have it this upcoming year.....

Go Kolb!!!!!! lol

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
Post up the Eagles baby! I know theirs is almost identical to the Cowboys, but still, peeps can see how hard they both have it this upcoming year.....

Go Kolb!!!!!! lol

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Just tell me the website you're getting it from. I want to see all 32 teams.

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

www.nfl.com

Click the banner close to the top and it will send you to all 32 teams

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

ty!

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Nobody

Damn, Houston has the #1 Toughest schedule.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho? View Post
Damn, Houston has the #1 Toughest schedule.
That right there is fucked up.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Saints, Vikings will kick off 2010 season

The New Orleans Saints will play host to the Minnesota Vikings in a rematch of the NFC Championship Game to kick off the 2010 season on Thursday, Sept. 9. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, despite the fears that he will be reprimanded by schedule czar Howard Katz, leaked the game during his chat on NFL.com.

“I know I will get in trouble from our scheduling makers for releasing this in advance, but the Saints will be hosting the Minnesota Vikings for our Kickoff game. It should be a great celebration in a great city.”

Well, sometimes it is good to be the boss.

The rest of the 2010 regular-season schedule will be released on Tuesday, live on NFL.com and NFL Network, at 7 p.m. ET.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
That right there is fucked up.
About as fucked up as giving the SB champs the easiest schedule in the league....
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
About as fucked up as giving the SB champs the easiest schedule in the league....
Actually it isn't the easiest but still it is pretty easy... Look's like we will be in the playoffs again.

The Arizona Cardinals have the easiest schedule. I think otherwise though.

Home games
- Raiders
- Cowboys
- Buccaneers
- Saints
- Broncos
- 49ers
- Rams
- Seahawks

Away Games
- Seahawks
- Rams
- 49ers
- Falcons
- Panthers
- Chargers
- Chiefs
- Vikings

Super Bowl 2011 preview

Last edited by IDAjeff; 04-20-2010 at 04:40 PM.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 07:36 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Man, now I have to figure out a way to get tickets to the Thanksgiving Day game..

I totally agree that the Saints have an easy schedule. Especially when compared to last year. But only four games are determined by strength of schedule. Six games are against divisional opponents. Eight games are against one other division in the NFC and one in the AFC.. Those games are always known in advance because there is a regular rotation for them.

But there is more to it than that too, and all of you already know it. Teams like Atlanta and North Carolina are good teams that had bad seasons last year. Carolina looked incredible at the end of the season and Atlanta really just needs some wide receivers to become competitive. Of course the Bucs simply suck ass and I don't see that changing.

I see Arizona underperforming next year. Leinart simply doesn't have "IT". How the Steelers do is probably going to be dependent on what happens to Worthless-Burger and if the Steelers trade him. Their offense is hot or not based on his presence. The Vikings should be competitive with or without Farve, but I think we all know they are a MUCH better team with him..

As for the Cowboys. Well, I think we all know that this is a team that SHOULD have been going deep into the playoffs for the last couple of years. The team simply under performs. IMO, there are only two teams on the Cowboys' schedule that are questionable. Those are the Colts and Saints games. The Eagles are in disarray. The Redskins are rebuilding AGAIN. The Giants should be decent. But all of those NFC East games are very VERY winnable for the 'boys.

If the Cowboys play like they did against last seasons Saints, they should EASILY win the NFC EAST and get a bye. The question is, will they get the consistency that they have always lacked.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
All of these matchups are scheduled in advanced really. You play your division foes 2 times per year and on a NFL rotation they play opposing divisions and a few other opponents. Every team in your division plays every team in an opposing division as it is set up in advance.

AS luck would have it for the Saints their divison is falling off a bit and they get an easier division to play this year.NFC West right?

Teams with tough division really have it rough. The AFC South and the NFC East play it out this year, and with games against Minny as well, the Eagles have it rough. If you look, most of the teams with harder schedules are in the AFC South or NFC East I'd imagine. Just depends on how good your division is and who they have that particular year.

I LOVE the fact the Eagles don't get the Boys till late in the year for both games. They have a brutal schedule and are young, will need to gel to take on the Boys.

post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
All of these matchups are scheduled in advanced really. You play your division foes 2 times per year and on a NFL rotation they play opposing divisions and a few other opponents. Every team in your division plays every team in an opposing division as it is set up in advance.

AS luck would have it for the Saints their divison is falling off a bit and they get an easier division to play this year.NFC West right?

Teams with tough division really have it rough. The AFC South and the NFC East play it out this year, and with games against Minny as well, the Eagles have it rough. If you look, most of the teams with harder schedules are in the AFC South or NFC East I'd imagine. Just depends on how good your division is and who they have that particular year.

I LOVE the fact the Eagles don't get the Boys till late in the year for both games. They have a brutal schedule and are young, will need to gel to take on the Boys.
Yeah...that. ^

A lot of things change from year to year, but for what it's worth, Dallas might have one of the easiest schedules in the league next year.

post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Full Cowboys Schedule.... Dallas finishes the season off at 11-5

Full Denver Schedule.... Denver finishes off the season at 11-5

Full New Orleans Schedule i'll go ahead and say the Saints pull off 13-3 season or 12-4

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

Last edited by IDAjeff; 04-21-2010 at 11:52 AM.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

lol @ the synopsis. I'm well aware of how the scheduling works. That doesn't make it any less bullshit. By design, the teams in the NFC East will always have the toughest schedules out of all, because the NFCE is almost always the toughest division in the league, year in and year out. But we will hear all year how someone like Atlanta is just dominating people, and there will be 12 kinds of nutswinging. Well no shit. Their division is fucking weak!

In all reality, the Cowboys schedule isn't that damn difficult. They had one of, if not the hardest schedules inthe league last season, and then got another tough one this year. Meanwhile, NO gets to play spares all year. Just irritating, and I was just venting. The only concern I have with the Dallas schedule, is NO and Minnesota. Cards are weak without Warner and Boldin. Philly is no better than 2nd in the division this year, and even that is being optimistic. Washington will again be the weakest in the division. I think NY is going to struggle as well. NO shouldn't be a problem being a home game. Especially considering they went to the Dome and took care of business last year. Minnesota, all depends on Favre. No Favre = easy win. With Favre, not so much.

Last edited by bcoop; 04-21-2010 at 01:33 PM.
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
lol @ the synopsis. I'm well aware of how the scheduling works. That doesn't make it any less bullshit. By design, the teams in the NFC East will always have the toughest schedules out of all, because the NFCE is almost always the toughest division in the league, year in and year out. But we will hear all year how someone like Atlanta is just dominating people, and there will be 12 kinds of nutswinging. Well no shit. Their division is fucking weak!
I have to think we are a little bias in this regard. We hear the hype and see the games more than anyone else since we are Cowboys fans. The Giants and Redskins were both down last season, but man they made it seem like it was going to be a 4 headed monster. There is truth there though, alot of people jump on these "great" team bandwagons and think these teams are unbelievable. They are only good because their competition sucks ass. See 49ers of the 80's and 90's.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I have to think we are a little bias in this regard.
Perhaps. But go look. Find me one division in the NFL, as consistently tough and competitive as the NFCE. Use stats to support it.
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Perhaps. But go look. Find me one division in the NFL, as consistently tough and competitive as the NFCE. Use stats to support it.
AFC North is starting to shape up like that, hell the AFC south for that matter. Both have 2 consistant winners and an upstart every year.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

In all reality, the Cowboys schedule isn't that damn difficult. They had one of, if not the hardest schedules inthe league last season, and then got another tough one this year. Meanwhile, NO gets to play spares all year. Just irritating, and I was just venting. The only concern I have with the Dallas schedule, is NO and Minnesota. Cards are weak without Warner and Boldin. Philly is no better than 2nd in the division this year, and even that is being optimistic. Washington will again be the weakest in the division. I think NY is going to struggle as well. NO shouldn't be a problem being a home game. Especially considering they went to the Dome and took care of business last year. Minnesota, all depends on Favre. No Favre = easy win. With Favre, not so much.
Lol. That was a year ago.... If we live in the past let's say New Orleans beat Dallas at home I think 42-10?

Point is don't scratch off NO as a win.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
AFC North is starting to shape up like that, hell the AFC south for that matter. Both have 2 consistant winners and an upstart every year.
Seriously? Pittsburgh is the only consistent winner in that division. Cincy sure the hell is not. Baltimore has been in a lull up until last year, and Clevleand won't ever be competitive.

As far as the AFCS goes, HA! Only consistent winner is Indy. Last year was Houston's first winning season ever. Jacksonville has never been great. Tennessee, well, they're the Titans. Inconsistency is key with both of those divisions.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Lol. That was a year ago.... If we live in the past let's say New Orleans beat Dallas at home I think 42-10?

You dunce. Considering the new season hasn't started yet, it's not living in the past. Nobody is reliving glory days here. I'm not talking about Super Bowls in the 90s, or what happened in 2006. lmfao @ "if we live in the past". There is a time and place to use that, this is far from it.

Quote:
Point is don't scratch off NO as a win.
I didn't. In fact, in the very post you quoted, I said NO and Minnesota are the only games I worry about. Way to pick and choose what you want to read there, buddy.

Last edited by bcoop; 04-21-2010 at 02:08 PM.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Seriously? Pittsburgh is the only consistent winner in that division. Cincy sure the hell is not. Baltimore has been in a lull up until last year, and Clevleand won't ever be competitive.

As far as the AFCS goes, HA! Only consistent winner is Indy. Last year was Houston's first winning season ever. Jacksonville has never been great. Tennessee, well, they're the Titans. Inconsistency is key with both of those divisions.
I consider Baltimore to be pretty consistant. Cincy shows flashes on occassion, but certainly is not a team to expect anything from. Cleveland, are they even a team??? These games are always tough defensive grind em out games.

The south is pretty competitive. Almost everyone of those games are tight. There are almost always at least 2 playoff teams out of this division. Last year the Texans almost made it in, and the Titans started off too slow.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
You dunce. Considering the new season hasn't started yet, it's not living in the past. Nobody is reliving glory days here. I'm not talking about Super Bowls in the 90s, or what happened in 2006. lmfao @ "if we live in the past". There is a time and place to use that, this is far from it.

I didn't. In fact, in the very post you quoted, I said NO and Minnesota are the only games I worry about. Way to pick and choose what you want to read there, buddy.
I have selective vision so I only see what I want

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I have selective vision so I only see what I want
lol, at least you are honest.
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

The south is pretty competitive. Almost everyone of those games are tight. There are almost always at least 2 playoff teams out of this division. Last year the Texans almost made it in, and the Titans started off too slow.
Games against division rivals may be tight. In fact, I think both Houston vs Indy games were very close.

When I say competitive, I mean on the league level. Total records, combined records, etc. I didn't mean to imply I was talking about close games between division opponents. For instance, compared to the NFCE, how many other divisions have 11-5, 10-6, 12-4, 13-3 type seasons? Make sense?
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Lifer

My point is those two divisions almost always have 2 playoff teams. Their style of football (great defense, or in Indy's case, phenominal offense) always ends up translating to wins against opponents in other divisions. I think the "always tough NFC east" is just overhyped from the media building it up. Every division has their ups and downs though. Except the NFC west, that division always sucks.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

Quote:
I consider Baltimore to be pretty consistant. Cincy shows flashes on occassion, but certainly is not a team to expect anything from. Cleveland, are they even a team??? These games are always tough defensive grind em out games.

Just a thought about Cleveland. Their biggest problem has historically been their owner. He meddles way too much and doesn't know much of anything about football. That ended this year with Mike Holmgren's hiring. The owner is in the backseat and isn't driving. I don't expect Cleveland to be competitive this year, but next year cold be a whole different story. BUT, that depends on the owner keeping his nose out of Holmgren's business.

The same thing for the Redskins. Snyder has given full control to Allen and Shanahan. IMO the Redskins will be dangerous in the coming season IF they can get some decent receivers for McNabb.

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Just a thought about Cleveland. Their biggest problem has historically been their owner. He meddles way too much and doesn't know much of anything about football. That ended this year with Mike Holmgren's hiring. The owner is in the backseat and isn't driving. I don't expect Cleveland to be competitive this year, but next year cold be a whole different story. BUT, that depends on the owner keeping his nose out of Holmgren's business.

The same thing for the Redskins. Snyder has given full control to Allen and Shanahan. IMO the Redskins will be dangerous in the coming season IF they can get some decent receivers for McNabb.
Skins still have no o line, no running game, and a weak defense. They won't be shit this year. 2-4 years, they will absolutely be a competitor. But not before then. It's just not possible with all the positions they need to fill.

You also have to take in to account that it's a new coach, new system, etc. Shanny runs an entirely different system then Zorn ran, or McNabb is used to. McNabb sucks at the system Skins ran last year. Receivers are too incompetent to thrive in the system McNabb is used to. Just too many factors in play here. 16 games isn't enough time to adjust to all those things. I don't doubt Shanny one bit. They just have too much to work through and overcome, for them to feasibly compete in the NFCE.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Beavis, this isn't a knock on you or anything, but it's interesting you picked two teams in a nearly identical boat, and said one will be competitive this year, but the other will be in a few. I only say that as a football point of view.

Both are terrible. Skins made several moves this year. Cleveland hasn't really done hardly anything. Other than trashing both of those sorry QBs they had. I will give Holmgren credit for that. Just my lowly opinion here as well, but I would be willing to bet Shanny's group is more competitive, and quicker to get there, than Holmgren's. That comes with a caveat, about Haynesworth. They are going to have to dump him and his contract before they really have a lot to work with. Until they can do that, Washington will become the new Raiders, in the sense that it's where old veterans go to die. My opinion of course. I think it's the only way to make the economics work while they are burdened by that giant contract.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Beavis, this isn't a knock on you or anything, but it's interesting you picked two teams in a nearly identical boat, and said one will be competitive this year, but the other will be in a few. I only say that as a football point of view.
Yeah, you've got a point there. I should have looked a little closer at Washington..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement