Steelers have internally discussed trading Roethlisberger - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Steelers have internally discussed trading Roethlisberger

The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't talked with other teams about dealing embattled quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but they've had significant internal discussions about the matter, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday.

According to the source, Steelers ownership remains dismayed and embarrassed by Roethlisberger's actions in a Georgia college town this offseason and finds his string of off-the-field incidents troubling. The team has been closely monitoring the public backlash against Roethlisberger.

Steelers news conference
Steelers president
Art Rooney II will address the Ben Roethlisberger situation Thursday. NFL Network will air the news conference live at 2:30 p.m. ET. More ... "The Rooneys are livid," the source said.

A Georgia district attorney decided not to hand down sexual-assault criminal charges against Roethlisberger on Monday, but the Steelers, as well as the NFL, could impose their own discipline on him.

Roethlisberger met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday. Goodell said Wednesday that he would make a decision on Roethlisberger's status "in the near future."

Steelers president Art Rooney II will meet with the media at 2:30 p.m. ET Thursday to discuss the Roethlisberger situation, but he isn't expected to make an announcement regarding the sort of suspension or punishment for Roethlisberger.

The Steelers' front office has talked internally about possible trade scenarios that could be feasible and what makes sense for the team. According to a source, if other teams called about Roethlisberger, the Steelers would intently listen.

The Steelers could envision several trade scenarios, but they're skeptical about other teams taking on Roethlisberger, given his baggage. However, they also realize his contract is tradeable in an uncapped year, with the bonuses already paid and Roethlisberger signed for six more years at a manageable salary for a franchise quarterback ($8.05 million in 2010, $11.6 million per year from 2011 to 2014, and $12.1 million in 2015).

Roethlisberger still could be punished
Despite the DA's decision not to hand down sexual-assault charges against
Ben Roethlisberger, the
QB might not escape punishment, Steve Wyche writes. More ...

In particular, the Steelers are enamored with likely No. 1 overall draft pick Sam Bradford. They essentially view Bradford as a sure-thing franchise quarterback and have considered what it would take to move up to the No. 1 pick in a trade with the St. Louis Rams, according to a source. However, the Steelers know executing such a move would be highly difficult, and they figure the Rams have limited interest in Roethlisberger.

Steelers officials aren't worried about how Roethlisberger's return will impact the locker room. The Rooneys' concern is born of the history and prestige of their franchise, the recent fan backlash and public perception about Roethlisberger and their belief that no player is bigger than the team.

However, the source noted that this isn't "a Santonio Holmes situation," alluding to the Steelers dumping the talented but troubled receiver for a fifth-round pick over the weekend as he faced a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

"This is not a case of having to get rid of this guy,'" the source said. "There would have to be fair value."

Roethlisberger, drafted 11th overall in 2004, has performed at an elite level for the Steelers. He's among the winningest quarterbacks for his age and already possesses two Super Bowl rings. His size, improvisational skills and ability to escape the rush and deliver the ball to all parts of the field make him among the best in the league.

Should Roethlisberger have another off-the-field misstep, however, his Steelers career likely would be over, according to team and league sources. And, if a legitimate trade scenario materialized, that end could come much sooner.

Teams that aren't committed long-term to a starting quarterback include the Rams, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos, Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals. The Steelers refused to entertain dealing Holmes within the AFC North, and that would apply with Roethlisberger as well. A trade likely would have to involve a quarterback or put the Steelers in position to draft one they like (Pittsburgh is high on its young backup, Dennis Dixon, however).

Finding the right deal is remote, the Steelers know, but not necessarily impossible.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Time Served

He will be a Buffalo Bill in no time
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Resident Epicurean

Not going to bring much given his possible suspension, and past history. As a Cowboy fan, this is fantastic news.

Wonder where he would go. St Louis, Arizona, where else?

Rumor has it Cleveland is trying to trade up to get Bradford.

post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Not going to bring much given his possible suspension, and past history. As a Cowboy fan, this is fantastic news.

Wonder where he would go. St Louis, Arizona, where else?

Rumor has it Cleveland is trying to trade up to get Bradford.

Teams that aren't committed long-term to a starting quarterback include the following.

St. Louis Rams
Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns
Oakland Raiders
San Francisco 49ers
Denver Broncos
Carolina Panthers
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals

Take your pic but I would like to believe it would be one of these...

Personally I hope they get rid of Ben I can't stand him... I like Dennis Dixon though and hope he gets the chance to start some day soon. And watch out for LeGarrette Blount he is going to be a beast at running back!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Ship him to Miami or Denver.
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Ship him to Miami or Denver.
Fuck you.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Fuck you.
lol What? He would fit in well with Brandon Marshall in Miami. He can come on to the chick ackwardly and then Marshall can beat her after Ben was done.
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I got your Jihad!!

Jerry will prob try to get him.

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
lol What? He would fit in well with Brandon Marshall in Miami. He can come on to the chick ackwardly and then Marshall can beat her after Ben was done.
They were both proven innocent I believe.... I know for a fact Brandon Marshall's girlfriend said it never happened. So what?

That isn't a real reason anyways as to why Denver or Miami should go after him.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:

That isn't a real reason anyways as to why Denver or Miami should go after him.
Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are both capable of winning Super Bowls? Oh ok. I see. You're retarded...

so fuckin'

post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
Chad Henne and Kyle Orton are both capable of winning Super Bowls? Oh ok. I see. You're retarded...
You're retarded he never said that.... He said because Ben can get the girl and Marshall can beat them or some shit like that. You sir are obviously a retard considering you can't read.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
You're retarded he never said that.... He said because Ben can get the girl and Marshall can beat them or some shit like that. You sir are obviously a retard considering you can't read.
The REASON Miami or Denver should go after him is simple. He's better than the backup caliber QBs they have now. THATS why they should be interested. It's football dude. Winning is king.
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
tex
Lifer

Some get Jeff some Midol.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
The REASON Miami or Denver should go after him is simple. He's better than the backup caliber QBs they have now. THATS why they should be interested. It's football dude. Winning is king.
i would go to miami, there are a lot of hot chicks he could rape down there!!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Yes and that was a good answer and I do agree but honestly I think trading for Ben isn't what the Broncos or Miami should do.

Broncos need to address alot of other positions in the draft and can't afford to give up the 11th overall pick in the draft for Ben. IMO.

And Miami I don't know where to start the offense is already improved incredibly since the signing of Brandon Marshall so I think they should use their draft pick as well and work on the defense.

With that being said who else would go after Ben?

Oh and whoever said Jerry Jones should go after Ben that would be a stupid move IMO how would that take place anyways? Straight up trade Tony Romo and some draft picks for Ben Roethlisberger? Not sure that would be a smart move..

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yes and that was a good answer and I do agree but honestly I think trading for Ben isn't what the Broncos or Miami should do.

Broncos need to address alot of other positions in the draft and can't afford to give up the 11th overall pick in the draft for Ben. IMO.

And Miami I don't know where to start the offense is already improved incredibly since the signing of Brandon Marshall so I think they should use their draft pick as well and work on the defense.

With that being said who else would go after Ben?

Oh and whoever said Jerry Jones should go after Ben that would be a stupid move IMO how would that take place anyways? Straight up trade Tony Romo and some draft picks for Ben Roethlisberger? Not sure that would be a smart move..

Rapeswithburgers won't bring a first rounder. Much less a player of Romo's caliber plus picks. I see him bringing a low second to mid third pick tops. Nothing higher, no multiple picks, and no elite players.
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Lifer

They are ripping him here even in Pittsburgh. A lot of people want him gone, which is surprising to me.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Ben Roethlisberger molested me in my anoos in the men's restroom at the Kettle in Gransbury.

True story.

post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Ben Roethlisberger molested me in my anoos in the men's restroom at the Kettle in Gransbury.

True story.
Hey Geoff, Im gonna take a leak on Heinz field just for you.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Hey Geoff, Im gonna take a leak on Heinz field just for you.
Hey fuck-o, I'm gonna fuck-start your mouth for you, just for you.

Holy shit! Sorry, Chrissy! That's the Ben Roethlisberger coming out of me!

post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:

lolz

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
They are ripping him here even in Pittsburgh. A lot of people want him gone, which is surprising to me.
Probably because of all the Rooney family stands for up there. They are pillars of the community, and historically, they won't put up with this shit.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
Quote:

True story.
Quote:

And they are saying his image is making a recovery already. Right.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Resident Epicurean

LMFAO!!!!

So the officer that originally took the original report on the most recent event, retired.

I wonder how much Ben has Sony between paying off the cop, the club owner that 'accidentally' receded over the tape, and hiring Ray Ray's attorney. +-$5MM
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Resident Epicurean

Oh, and you people better step up and do some more ball busting. Geof hasn't said a peep hardly, an he is the #1 shit talker about TO, Pacman, etc. Fuckig weak, Geof. WEAK!
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
African Booty Scratcher

brent, i talked to geor yesterday. It seems he has been busy trying to get an unpeeled banana out of his ass.

god bless.

Quote:
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Doing things the lazy way

Quote:
Much less a player of Romo's caliber plus picks. I see him bringing a low second to mid third pick tops. Nothing higher, no multiple picks, and no elite players.
are u fucking serious??? Ben is waaaaaay better than Romo's sorry ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Oh, and you people better step up and do some more ball busting. Geof hasn't said a peep hardly, an he is the #1 shit talker about TO, Pacman, etc. Fuckig weak, Geof. WEAK!
Look, motherfucker. The charges were dropped. He got a BJ in the bathroom and the bitch wanted money. That's all there is to it, and I have stated that a couple of times. I will say that it does seem suspicious, and I have said THAT before, too.

post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
are u fucking serious??? Ben is waaaaaay better at raping than Romo's sorry ass
Fixed

Last edited by mstng86; 04-16-2010 at 05:12 PM.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:13 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Look, motherfucker. The charges were dropped. He got a BJ in the bathroom and the bitch wanted money. That's all there is to it, and I have stated that a couple of times. I will say that it does seem suspicious, and I have said THAT before, too.
Ben ROFLisberger

god bless.

Quote:
post #31 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Lifer

I cant wait until football season starts up again, I'm gonna parade around here in my Ware jersey.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #32 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Now there is supposedly a third chick, who he tried to force the issue with.

She had given him a ride home as his DD. He whipped it out in the car. Then whipped it out again, at a party. Missed whether the two incidents were in the same night, took place at the same party, or what.
post #33 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Lifer

Damn. Ben really likes his penis.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #34 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:51 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Damn. Ben really likes his penis.
Don't we all?

Edit: That sounded horrible!

Don't we all love our own penises, is what I meant!

post #35 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Lifer

How mnay of you guys have been accused of sexyual assault before? The guy has been accused twice. It may all be made up, but he is putting himself in positions that cause this to happen.

When I was a sex crimes detective, I used to ask guys who didnt get charged if they had ever been accused of sexual assault before. They almost all said no, and I responded by saying "Well, you can't say that anymore, can you?"

The guy is out of control and is not talking care of his business.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #36 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Don't we all?

LMAO! Shuuuuuuuure Geoff! lol

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #37 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Don't we all?

lmao cockgobbler
post #38 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
brent, i talked to geor yesterday. It seems he has been busy trying to get an unpeeled banana out of his ass.
Quote:
Ben ROFLisberger
You're on a roll my friend, you have me lmao over here...
post #39 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 08:15 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Former boss just sent me a text that said "Ben Rapelisberger"

post #40 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Former boss just sent me a text that said "Ben Rapelisberger"
lol

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #41 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

STEELERS/SONGWHALE!
The Steelers have traded a No. 7 pick in the 2010 draft to Tampa Bay for vetern quarterback Byron Leftwich.

Message I just received. It is looking like Ben might be outta there. We'll see.

post #42 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

The best punishment that could go Worthless-Burger's way is to send his ass to Oakland.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #43 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
STEELERS/SONGWHALE!
The Steelers have traded a No. 7 pick in the 2010 draft to Tampa Bay for vetern quarterback Byron Leftwich.

Message I just received. It is looking like Ben might be outta there. We'll see.
They showed a poll here on the news last night and 62% of fans said that they WOULD NOT cheer for Big Ben. I take that as a city is sick of him, and so is the team. See ya!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #44 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

4-6 game suspension.

Still want to know what they are doing with Leftwhich. 4 QBs on the roster now -- someone's gotta go. I think they have a trade worked out for Ben (hopefully with St. Louis) or they are releasing Batch.

post #45 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Lifer

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....breath.. ................ha
post #46 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
4-6 game suspension.

Still want to know what they are doing with Leftwhich. 4 QBs on the roster now -- someone's gotta go. I think they have a trade worked out for Ben (hopefully with St. Louis) or they are releasing Batch.
The Ticket reported just a bit ago that something like 8 teams have contacted the Steelers trying to work out a trade per NFL sources.
post #47 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Lifer

Real cars ..don't make power @ front wheels ..

They Lift them !

post #48 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Lifer

He's gone. I would put money on it.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #49 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:40 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
He's gone. I would put money on it.
I'm not so sure. The team that takes him has to give up a roster spot for a guy that will be gone for 4 to 6 weeks. That can be a big lump to swallow for some teams.

But, I still hope he gets shipped to Oakland.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #50 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I'm not so sure. The team that takes him has to give up a roster spot for a guy that will be gone for 4 to 6 weeks. That can be a big lump to swallow for some teams.

But, I still hope he gets shipped to Oakland.
Well I get the impression around here that no one wants him (fans) or the team, because they wont put up with it. They just signed Leftwich so.. I dunno. Thats just what I think.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement