Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Rockin' the Mic! LMAO!
1. The Mavs have clinched home-court in the first round. No ifs, ands or buts there.
2. The Mavs can clinch at least the third seed if they win tonight.
3. The Mavs are the No. 2 seed if they win out and …
4. Can be the No. 2 seed with one loss AND either two Denver wins OR one Utah loss.
5. As it stands right now the Mavs first-round opponent could be any one of San Antonio, Portland, OKC, or Phoenix.
6. But, if the Mavs win tonight, they cannot play Phoenix in the first round.
7. If the Mavs win tonight and the Spurs and Blazers both win, then the Mavs will play either the Spurs or Blazers. (OKC would be locked in at No. 8 in that case.)
8. Regardless of the results of the last few games: Portland will have tiebreaker over both SA and OKC.
San Antonio will have tiebreaker over OKC. OKC will lose all tiebreakers. So it looks like OKC's one feasible route out of eighth is to win out. … all of which lessens the likelihood of a Dallas-OKC meeting in Round 1.
9. If the Mavs win tonight and the Spurs lose (home Minny) or OKC wins at Portland (or both), then San Antonio, OKC, and Portland are all still possibilities in Round 1.
10. Any number of possibilities exist if the Mavs don’t win tonight … but there is no reason to even think about that “if’’… right?