post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Mike Modano

...is a golden god. That is all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 PM
You never go full retard

Where's the LIKE button? Best game in hockey I've seen.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
Where's the LIKE button? Best game in hockey I've seen.
I had been planning on going to this game with my roommates (one of them is a huge Ducks fan) but wound up having two tests tomorrow so I bailed. I couldn't be more upset with myself right now.

But goddamn, that was beautiful. An assist to a rookie, the game tying goal with 3 minutes left and the go ahead shootout goal all in his last home game as a Dallas Star. Awesome.

edit: Likely to be his last game, that is.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 PM
You never go full retard

I think it's time I send my Mike Modano rookie card off to get rated. I'd say after tonight it's gone up in value.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Lifer

Mike Modano is the reason why I started playing hockey. Ever since 93 when my dad brought home a pair of Modano signed gloves, Jersey, and stick he's been at the top of my list.

It will be odd not seeing him play.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Sure Shot

What a terrific game. I drove from Benbrook to see it and I am so glad I did. Like David said, Mo is the reason I got into hockey. It was hard watching him get teary eyed during the last period. What a fitting last home game. I wish he would play longer, but I guess it has to come to an end at some point. I am so glad I was there to witness it.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Last night's game couldn't have been any more perfect . . . ok, well maybe if they won a playoff spot would be more perfect, but none the less.

BTW: for the non-hockey sports fans, let's put this into perspective of the importance to last night's game for the Dallas Sports Community. Last night "could" have been the last game for two of Dallas' longest tenured athletes.

Modano has played in Dallas the longest in our Professional Sports History, and the 2nd longest tenure is Jere Lehtinen who is currently tied with Ed "Too Tall" Jones.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 04-09-2010 at 09:41 AM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I got your Jihad!!

I bet he comes back next year

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Lifer

I fucking missed my chance going to this game.... That fucking blows wish I would have gone.

Mike you are a hockey god

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Hunt James for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
I bet he comes back next year
i agree. i watched the game last night and thought he would retire after that game. but changed my mind after listening to his post game press conference. now i am sure he will be back for one more year.

edit: IDAJEFF your avitar makes me drool.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3 View Post
Hahaha!

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
i agree. i watched the game last night and thought he would retire after that game. but changed my mind after listening to his post game press conference. now i am sure he will be back for one more year.

Hopefully get catches a case of the Farves! Lmao.

Lol I haven't been able to find anymore bud like this in a few months....

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Scared s**tless

I had a great time at that game last night... I was a few rows off the glass behind Hiller, and I am hoarse today from heckling him incessantly the last 2 periods.

It was sad seeing modano hanging it up... But I hope it is his last game. He's not been that productive lately, I'd like to see him go out of the game on top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Sure Shot

Saw this on another forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbag
North Texans will latch onto anything with the word 'Texas' or 'Dallas' in the title/brand/etc, anything 'Texas' they can drink to while beating their chests will do (most Star 'fans' probably don't even understand the rules of hockey but prob have at least 1 Stars shirt/jersey).

He is not one of the GREATS. Look at his NHL 'records'... Most 'records' he has achieved contain some ridiculous 'american born' qualifier (first 'american born' player to etc, etc etc).
Goals by a player born in the United States (557)
Points by an American-born player (1329)
Playoff points by an American-born player, career (145)
Games played by an American-born forward (1456)

Glad to see the glorified figure skater move on...

What a fucking idiot.

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97blkpny View Post

What a fucking idiot.
Yeah no kidding.... He obviously doesn't watch much hockey just look's at stat's?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Hunt James for President

Quote:

What a fucking idiot.
spoken like a true canadian.... and like you said, what a fucking idiot.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Sure Shot

Quote:
spoken like a true canadian.... and like you said, what a fucking idiot.
I dont know where he is originally from, but he has his location as TX. ???? Weird.

Every Canadian I know thinks Modano is amazing, and really love what he has done for the sport. A Canadian told that guy I quoted earlier that Mo is one of the best players he has ever seen, and he is a die hard Oilers fan.

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Something clever

Modano will be missed in this household. I really want him to play one more year. But that is almost the best way that you could go out.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:

What a fucking idiot.
In some ways I agree with him. Was he a great player? Yes, no question, but his legacy is more about longevity which can be attributed to him staying away from the high traffic areas on the ice. He is what made hockey in Dallas thrive but he needs to call it a career.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Lifer

He wont be playing for Dallas this season.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM
May the Force be w/you

Very sad!!
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Lifer

Is he going to play for the Charlestown Chiefs now?

Slapshot Hanson's Pictures, Images and Photos
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Lifer

Shitty situation even if it is time to get new talent in.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Time Served

Nieuwendyk was in a tough spot.

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked by it. It does suck but that's from the emotions of a fan perspective. It's time to move on and any Stars fan knows that.

That being said, Modano was still producing but you have to get the young kids in the NHL and look forward.

I just hope he retires because it's too good of a story to play 20 seasons with one franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Public Melt Down

I think he will call it quits and take a front office job. He says he is proud to call Dallas home, so I don't see him going to play for another team. A true class act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Resident Epicurean

If this guy is the asshole that everyone is proclaiming him to be, is there any hope at all of getting his rookie Minnesota North Star jersey autographed?
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Lifer

Mike might be going to the Detroit Redwings..... He is pumped about the situation.

Modano visits with Wings' front officeFormer Little Caesars star to meet with Holland, BabcockTuesday, 07.06.2010 / 1:27 PM / News By Bill Roose - DetroitRedWings.com Managing Editor DETROIT – Unrestricted free agent center Mike Modano has spent his entire 20-year NHL career with the Dallas Stars’ franchise. But it was in the Detroit-based Little Caesars youth program where the perennial All-Star center honed his hockey skills.

And it’s that connection to the local hockey scene, which have created buzz and suspension surrounding Modano’s visit with Red Wings general manager Ken Holland and coach Mike Babcock on Tuesday.

“We’re flying Mike Modano in for today,” Holland told DetroitRedWings.com. “Mike Babcock and I are going to spend the day with him.”

The Wings’ officials plan to lunch with Modano, and they will also attend Tuesday’s Tigers-Baltimore Orioles game at Comerica Park.

“I think Mike Modano is going through the process of whether or not he wants to play again,” Holland said. “If he does want to play again, obviously, because he’s a local hall-of-fame-to-be player, who we think has some hockey left in him, we have interest.”

Modano, 40, played the last 16 seasons in Dallas. He was the No. 1 overall draft pick of the Minnesota North Stars in 1988. The franchise moved to Texas in time for the start of the 1993-94 season.

Modano, a native of Westland, Michigan, just outside of Detroit, is the all-time points leader among U.S.-born players with 1,359 points in 1,459 career games.

The Red Wings honored Modano before a Wings-Stars game in February 2008 at Joe Louis Arena shortly after the three-time Olympian set the new American points record.

Before that game, Modano said, “I was pretty surprised and honored at the same time. They’ve always been a real class organization and Little Caesars has always been good to me throughout my career and my life. But being from Detroit, it was quite a thrill to have them going out of their way like that.”

On Tuesday, Holland said he had no problem going out of the way to see if the Wings and Modano would make a good fit. Even at 40, Modano is a tremendous skater, who would be a welcome addition to the Wings’ third line between Dan Cleary and Jiri Hudler. Modano would also make an impact on the team’s second power-play unit.

“You’re talking about a guy, who is one of the greatest American players ever to play with one franchise,” Holland said. “Do you want to finish your career with another team, and I think that’s one of the things he’s going through.

“Now it’s a little unique in the sense that this is his hometown; this is where he was born and raised and his parents live here. It’s an opportunity for him to finish his career in his hometown and playing in front of family and friends. But again, at the end of the day, everything has to piece in together.”

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Bond Company Stooge

Wow, the future hall-of-famer who's face is on the ticket, and we are not do everything possible to keep him?

Now he is considering playing for our arch enemy, really is dissapointing.

His last game was awe inspiring, classic Modono high glove. This club needs Mo. My two cents.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
duh...duh....duh

I'm of the opinion that Mike Modano should just go out on a really good foot right now, especially after all the emotion of last year.

He's still better then the average player out there, but he does not have any real....fire on the ice anymore and looks a little unmotivated.

Any way, I think bang for the buck we can probably do better and Modano had a very good career.

My '03 Sold.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame Canada View Post
I think he will call it quits and take a front office job. He says he is proud to call Dallas home, so I don't see him going to play for another team. A true class act.
lol
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealsnake93 View Post
Wow, the future hall-of-famer who's face is on the ticket, and we are not do everything possible to keep him?

Now he is considering playing for our arch enemy, really is dissapointing.

His last game was awe inspiring, classic Modono high glove. This club needs Mo. My two cents.
Hull went and played for them and was warmly welcomed back after his retirement. Let the guy do what he wants to do. Personally, I think he'll just call it quits and maybe do some work in the front office along with Mr. Hull.

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Lifer

Signed with Detroit.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
If this guy is the asshole that everyone is proclaiming him to be, is there any hope at all of getting his rookie Minnesota North Star jersey autographed?
He is a prick but I could probably get them signed rather easy by him if you would like.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I'm of the opinion that Mike Modano should just go out on a really good foot right now, especially after all the emotion of last year.

He's still better then the average player out there, but he does not have any real....fire on the ice anymore and looks a little unmotivated.

Any way, I think bang for the buck we can probably do better and Modano had a very good career.
He should have retired about 3 years ago. He loves the celebrity status and will milk it for all it is worth.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Lifer

Straight fucking weird.

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Straight fucking weird.

LOL!!!! Does look fucking weird.....

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE View Post
He is a prick but I could probably get them signed rather easy by him if you would like.
Surprising to hear you say that. Was always gracious when I saw him c.2000-2005

so fuckin'

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Some kid offered me a broken Mike Modano game stick and a paint ball gun for my motorcycle, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement