Roy Williams - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Roy Williams

Do you think he should stay, or go?

In his first partial season here, his excuse was that he wasn't familiar with the playbook. He didn't have any excuses last year, he just kept his mouth shut.

If he's going to go, this year is the only year they can make it work. Nobody in their right mind is going to trade anyone worthwhile for him. Which means Dallas will likely have to cut him. If they are going to cut him, this is their 'free pass' year to do it. Obviously Jerry has to pay the guaranteed money, but he can do it this year, without it counting against the cap.

If you say he goes, do you think they should draft a receiver, sign an unrestricted free agent, ship someone else off for a receiver, or work with the current crew?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Lifer

Well since you asked....

He needs to go this season. End of story......................

Oh you want more I guess. Well it is touchy because we really don't have another proven wide receiver to line up with Austin. I think the best thing to do is draft someone, AND get a veteran. The veteran doesn't have to be crazy good, just serviceable. Run good routes, make the catch, that kind of thing. I would look at Torry Holt. He isn't flashy anymore, but he can do the job.

I think they just need to draft the biggest and fastest guy available in a mid round, maybe 4 or 5th, and see how it goes. Ogletree seems to be coming along, so your eggs aren't all in one basket with the guy you draft.

Basically, GET OUT OF TOWN ROY, WE DON'T NEED YOU!!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Lifer

He sux

Real cars ..don't make power @ front wheels ..

They Lift them !

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Lifer

I'd rather have Chris Henry.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I'd rather have Chris Henry.
Wow!!

hahahahahahahahahaha
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Lifer

I think Brandon Marshall would solve the Dallas Cowboys problems in no time.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Man, what is it with you and Brandon Marshall, are you his agent? You should get a cut of his next contract for all the promoting you do for him.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Man, what is it with you and Brandon Marshall, are you his agent? You should get a cut of his next contract for all the promoting you do for him.
Just sayin that's all... Best WR available IMO. Who is better?

And yes he is my favorite wide reciever next to Marques Colston.

Honestly it's a toss up between who is better in my opinion lol only difference between the two is Colston has a ring and doesn't open his mouth.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
JJ is going to be gunshy about Marshall, due to past problems with TO. Marshall is cut of the same cloth as Owens.

I'm also not sure what Denver is asking for in return, for Marshall. Dallas doesn't have a high first rounder to give for him, not to mention, they REALLY need to address the safety position with the first round pick (27th I think?).

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Denver wants a first, 2 seconds and a third for him. Also wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a first, Romo, and a third. And I don't see either one of those situations happening. Romo isn't going anywhere. And I sure hope Jerry learned his lesson on giving up the farm for a receiver. I'm not saying Marshall wouldn't be worth it. I just think they have other issues to address before they go and give up 3-5 picks to get him.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Just sayin that's all... Best WR available IMO. Who is better?
Sure if you want a baby T.O. The guy has the skills, no doubt, but his cry baby antics are not needed.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Lifer

Oh and back to the topic of the thread ya'll should keep Roy Williams. Just cause he hasn't proven to be a number 1 reciever in Dallas yet doesn't mean he wont ever. He used to do damn good in Detroit so honestly what is the problem? Romo or Roy?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Sure if you want a baby T.O. The guy has the skills, no doubt, but his cry baby antics are not needed.
I won't bust Marshall's balls too bad. I mean, I know how fucking furious I'd be in Denver if I had Marshall's talent, and was stuck with two schlocks like Cutler and now Orton. The man has a point. He needs to shut his cock holster, but he has a great point....
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh and back to the topic of the thread ya'll should keep Roy Williams. Just cause he hasn't proven to be a number 1 reciever in Dallas yet doesn't mean he wont ever. He used to do damn good in Detroit so honestly what is the problem? Romo or Roy?
He used to be good in Detroit because they had no other options. What were they going to do? He was there only so called good player, and that isn't saying much from those Lions teams.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
How can you even think the problem is Romo? Crayton, Ogletree, Austin, and Witten didn't have any problems catching Romo's passes.

What logic are you using to make a statement like that? Do you know ANYTHING about football?
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If ANY reciever in the NFL put up numbers similar to Marshall's and got paid what he is getting paid they would complain about it all day long, I don't blame him at all.

Colston was the 3rd to the last pick in the 2006 draft and got paid nothing basically and once the Saints saw he was a good reciever he got paid simple as that.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If ANY reciever in the NFL put up numbers similar to Marshall's and got paid what he is getting paid they would complain about it all day long, I don't blame him at all.

Colston was the 3rd to the last pick in the 2006 draft and got paid nothing basically and once the Saints saw he was a good reciever he got paid simple as that.
That is all fine and dandy, if you think you deserve money, express your feelings in a business like manner. Don't get out on the practice field and act like a jackass and make a spectical of yourself. He went about it all wrong. And in doing so painted himself in a bad light. The common fan isn't going to care about what his circumstance is. He is getting paid better than most people in this country, stop acting like a baby.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
JJ is going to be gunshy about Marshall, due to past problems with TO. Marshall is cut of the same cloth as Owens.

I'm also not sure what Denver is asking for in return, for Marshall. Dallas doesn't have a high first rounder to give for him, not to mention, they REALLY need to address the safety position with the first round pick (27th I think?).

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Denver wants a first, 2 seconds and a third for him. Also wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a first, Romo, and a third. And I don't see either one of those situations happening. Romo isn't going anywhere. And I sure hope Jerry learned his lesson on giving up the farm for a receiver. I'm not saying Marshall wouldn't be worth it. I just think they have other issues to address before they go and give up 3-5 picks to get him.
They we're talking about just giving a 2nd rounder for Marshall if nothing else just because Josh McDanials wants him gone.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
They we're talking about just giving a 2nd rounder for Marshall if nothing else just because Josh McDanials wants him gone.
That I could agree with, even if they keep Williams. I really can't believe a trade hasn't happened yet if 1 2nd round pick is all they want. That can't be right.

Then Dallas could unload Crayton, Hurd, Barber, etc.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That I could agree with, even if they keep Williams. I really can't believe a trade hasn't happened yet if 1 2nd round pick is all they want. That can't be right.

Then Dallas could unload Crayton, Hurd, Barber, etc.
If they unload anyone, it will be Crayton or Barber. I think alot of teams wouldn't mind having either one.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There is no way Denver will just take a number 2. They may really want to get rid of him, but that would just be giving him away. And if it was true, what does that tell you about his character.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
How can you even think the problem is Romo? Crayton, Ogletree, Austin, and Witten didn't have any problems catching Romo's passes.

What logic are you using to make a statement like that? Do you know ANYTHING about football?
Hey Bcoop I bet Drew Brees could get Roy Williams the ball plus every other reciever and one lineman.

Tony just sucks I have no proof but i'll stick to that all day long. Roy Williams isn't the problem exactly but dropping a pass doesn't help.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There is no way Denver will just take a number 2. They may really want to get rid of him, but that would just be giving him away. And if it was true, what does that tell you about his character.
Well they have to restructure his contract if no one goes after him I believe, which means they gotta pay him.

I've heard they are going for a WR in the first round but never know.... Dez Bryant maybe?

I'm sure they would give more then a 2nd round but no first rounders.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Hey Bcoop I bet Drew Brees could get Roy Williams the ball plus every other reciever and one lineman.

Tony just sucks I have no proof but i'll stick to that all day long. Roy Williams isn't the problem exactly but dropping a pass doesn't help.
I'm sorry, but that is ignorant. Drew Brees can't magically make RW catch the ball. Romo has put it to him perfect plenty of times, with no success.

Yeah, Romo sucks. That must be it. Tell me why he got showed the fuck up by a 3rd yr receiver catching passes from the same QB then....
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is ignorant. Drew Brees can't magically make RW catch the ball. Romo has put it to him perfect plenty of times, with no success.

Yeah, Romo sucks. That must be it. Tell me why he got showed the fuck up by a 3rd yr receiver catching passes from the same QB then....
That is easy, Romo likes Austin and thinks Roy smells like poopoo. He doesn't want to get the same smell on his hands on the next play.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Lifer

Back to the topic who would replace Roy Williams?

Top free agent WR 2010

1. Terrell Owens, Buffalo Bills (36)
2. Antonio Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (29) ----- Signed with Cincinnati Bengals
3. Derrick Mason, Baltimore Ravens (36) -------- Signed with Baltimore Ravens
4. Kevin Walter, Houston Texans (29) ------ Signed with Houston Texans
5. Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
6. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys (26) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
7. Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos (26) – Restricted FA
8. Braylon Edwards, New York Jets(27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA) ---- Signed with New York Jets
9. Malcom Floyd, San Chargers (28) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
10. Steve Breaston, Arizona Cardinals (27) – Restricted FA --- Signed with Arizona Cardinals
11. Lance Moore, New Orleans Saints (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
12. Domenik Hixon, New York Diego Giants (25)
13. Jason Avant, Philadelphia Eagles (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA) --- Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
14. Davone Bess, Miami Dolphins (24) – Exclusive Rights FA --- Signed with Miami Dolphins

NFL Draft 2010 top WR's

1. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
2. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
3. Golden Tate, Notre Dame
4. Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
5. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
6. Damian Williams, USC
7. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas
8. Brandon LaFell, LSU
9. Mike Williams, Syracuse
10. Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Back to the topic who would replace Roy Williams?

Top free agent WR 2010

1. Terrell Owens, Buffalo Bills (36)
2. Antonio Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (29) ----- Signed with Cincinnati Bengals
3. Derrick Mason, Baltimore Ravens (36) -------- Signed with Baltimore Ravens
4. Kevin Walter, Houston Texans (29) ------ Signed with Houston Texans
5. Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (27) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
6. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys (26) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
7. Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos (26) Restricted FA
8. Braylon Edwards, New York Jets(27) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA) ---- Signed with New York Jets
9. Malcom Floyd, San Chargers (28) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
10. Steve Breaston, Arizona Cardinals (27) Restricted FA --- Signed with Arizona Cardinals
11. Lance Moore, New Orleans Saints (27) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)
12. Domenik Hixon, New York Diego Giants (25)
13. Jason Avant, Philadelphia Eagles (27) Restricted FA (UFA-CBA) --- Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
14. Davone Bess, Miami Dolphins (24) Exclusive Rights FA --- Signed with Miami Dolphins

NFL Draft 2010 top WR's

1. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
2. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
3. Golden Tate, Notre Dame
4. Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
5. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
6. Damian Williams, USC
7. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas
8. Brandon LaFell, LSU
9. Mike Williams, Syracuse
10. Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss

All those listed above (unsigned), other than TO, are restricted, and the Cowboys are bound by the Final Eight Rule this year.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
All those listed above (unsigned), other than TO, are restricted, and the Cowboys are bound by the Final Eight Rule this year.
Well we all know Jerry wont go out and get Terrel Owens again. Lol would be something though.

I had no clue Miles Austin was a RFA.... What's going on with him? IMO he still isn't one of the top elite recievers in the league.

So what's ya'lls draft options looking like Bcoop?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Lifer

I honestly think we don't need to worry about the offense, other than the O-line. Go get all lineman and a couple of safety prospects.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I had no clue Miles Austin was a RFA.... What's going on with him? IMO he still isn't one of the top elite recievers in the league.

I wouldn't call him elite, but there really aren't many elite receivers these days. He's got lots of promise, and endless talent. Still too young in his career for me to call him elite. However, he's still better than 80% of the receivers out there these days. That's quite an accomplishment.

Jerry keeps saying he isn't going to do anything this offseason, until he has to. Meaning, he's not going to give Austin a contract until he has to. He put the tender on him, and it's going to stay that way. Austin is no showing voluntary workouts to get a little leverage for his contract negotiations. I read an article a while back, that basically said nobody is going to challenge Jerry on the tender he placed on Austin. They said what could happen, is that someone could come in, match the tender, beat the offer, and put some wording in his contract that says that Austin will be the highest paid receiver on the team. This would cause problems, because if I'm not mistaken, Roy Williams has that same wording in his contract, so bascially, Jerry wouldn't be able to match the contract. But that same article stated that nobody was that stupid, to come in and do that to him for fear of pissing Jerry off. He's the most powerful and influential owner in the league, and doing this, would fuck them on the collective bargaining agreement and likely kill hope that there will be a season next year.

Which is a little contradictory. Hamlin and Flozell weren't due their bonus' til June, but he cut them last week. If I were him I'd have hung on to them until June, and kept trying to offer them as trade bait. But, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps they've been trying trade those two for a while now, with no interested parties.

Quote:
So what's ya'lls draft options looking like Bcoop?

They've been looking at two guys from OU, but the big ones are going to be safety and left tackle. They keep saying that Earl Thomas out of UT could fall to #21 or 22 in the draft, and that if that happened Jerry would wheel and deal and trade up to get him. I hope so, he's a ball hawk like a mother fucker.

I'm not sure how many picks they have this year, but they should be back in full swing after not having shit for picks last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement