Jason Heyward is for real. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

Jason Heyward is for real.

Forget the massive homerun in his first MLB swing. The dude has great plate discipline, a great approach, and a damn near flawless swing. Every ball he hit, he hit HARD. I'm a groupie, I admit it.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Television taste funny

That dude is badass. I'm just hoping for no letdowns. Gets me worried with only like 50 minor league starts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
forget the massive homerun in his first mlb swing. The dude has great plate discipline, a great approach, and a damn near flawless swing. Every ball he hit, he hit hard. I'm a groupie, i admit it.

who??

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
who??
Babe Ruth.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Babe Ruth.

OH, the candy bar?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
OH, the candy bar?
No, that's Snickers.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

Bastards.

Quote:
who??
The #1 prospect from last year, got the RF job for the Braves at 20. I got to see lots of his ABs during spring training and the first couple games. If he keeps his approach the same, he'll win several batting titles before it's all said and done.

“…what a disgrace it would be for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Bastards.

The #1 prospect from last year, got the RF job for the Braves at 20. I got to see lots of his ABs during spring training and the first couple games. If he keeps his approach the same, he'll win several batting titles before it's all said and done.

Oh i see. Cool
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Texan

It's crazy that before he even played his first MLB game he caught a ball from Hank Aaron for the first pitch. So many people said that signified the passing of the torch because of all the expectations there are for this kid.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Bastards.

the kid without a doubt has a ton of talent, but everyone and by that i mean the guys from ESPN are already comparing him to Hammerin' Hank and so forth. I think its way to early for all that. Lets just let the kid develope himself. I mean everytime some rookie comes along who shows great ability, you end up with more Alfonso Soriano's than Albert Pujols. Not that Soriano isnt a great player...he's not Hank Aaron. Rant complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Lifer

Heyward is going to be a stud. I have some autograph rookie cards if anyone is interested.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Chipper keeps getting injured and Braves now depend on Heyward to win games.

94 Triple black GT auto w/shift kit, 3:55 gears and pulleys
Trolls Needed
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang View Post
the kid without a doubt has a ton of talent, but everyone and by that i mean the guys from ESPN are already comparing him to Hammerin' Hank and so forth. I think its way to early for all that. Lets just let the kid develope himself. I mean everytime some rookie comes along who shows great ability, you end up with more Alfonso Soriano's than Albert Pujols. Not that Soriano isnt a great player...he's not Hank Aaron. Rant complete
I agree completely. Hank Aaron got to where he is by playing for a LONG time. Maybe 15 years from now if Heyward stays healthy and has some really good years we can start comparing him to hall of famers but until then I'm not too excited.

Now Arod, Vlad, Manny Ramirez and Griffey Jr have all earned the right to be compared to hall of famers. Without a doubt all of the above will be inducted barring a Barry Bonds type growth spurt. Arod especially, at 34 he's already #8 all time.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang View Post
The best way I can describe these situations would be "Manufactured Superstars". ESPN, tv anouncers, analysts, journalist, and newspaper writers ALL build these guys up to their own gain. ESPN is the worst about creating superstars when there isn't really any merit for it.

My dad got pissed off one day when he heard a tv analyst say Josh Hamilton was the best player the Rangers ever had. I hear about that all the time. Just another example of creating superstars to get people in the seats in the stadium, on the couch watching the games, or reading the newspaper.

The Media is a machine. Chew 'em up, spit 'em out. If he ends up being a bust, no one will care. They at least got your attention for the time being.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Time Served

I can't believe a tv analyst would say that when we've had Ivan Rodriguez, A-Rod and so forth. People are stupid. Like you said though man, built to sell tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I agree completely. Hank Aaron got to where he is by playing for a LONG time. Maybe 15 years from now if Heyward stays healthy and has some really good years we can start comparing him to hall of famers but until then I'm not too excited.

Now Arod, Vlad, Manny Ramirez and Griffey Jr have all earned the right to be compared to hall of famers. Without a doubt all of the above will be inducted barring a Barry Bonds type growth spurt. Arod especially, at 34 he's already #8 all time.
Half the guys you just dubbed worthy of being compared to HOF inductees are admitted steroid users. Please dont slander the Hall with the likes of these cheaters.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiveohconv View Post
Half the guys you just dubbed worthy of being compared to HOF inductees are admitted steroid users. Please dont slander the Hall with the likes of these cheaters.
So you're not going to let any power hitters from 95-05 into The Hall?

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
So you're not going to let any power hitters from 95-05 into The Hall?
Prove it.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Texan

Quote:
Prove it.
Prove that you're not going to let any power hitters from 95-05 into the hall?

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
So would you consider being coked out of your mind or high on meth cheating? Lots of "pure" HOF'ers were addicts of the products available in their day. Cheating is always going to happen in professional sports, some guys are just better at it than others.

Mantle, Aaron and Sandy Koufax have all admitted to playing under the influence of drugs that are illegal today. Mantle even missed a few games after getting an infection from dirty needles, kind of like Arod's "cyst" from last season.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM
CEO of......

His batting stance and swing reminds me of Mark Whitten's
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
tex
Lifer

I could care less what the media says, the kid has all the tools, he says all the right things, and all his teammates speak VERY highly of him. Not the traditional 'he's my teammate so I won't dog him' stuff, but they praise him above and beyond the normal interview rhetoric.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
So would you consider being coked out of your mind or high on meth cheating? Lots of "pure" HOF'ers were addicts of the products available in their day. Cheating is always going to happen in professional sports, some guys are just better at it than others.

Mantle, Aaron and Sandy Koufax have all admitted to playing under the influence of drugs that are illegal today. Mantle even missed a few games after getting an infection from dirty needles, kind of like Arod's "cyst" from last season.
I'm just saying you can at least keep the admitted users out. Not disagreeing with you by any means, I feel the same way. And for the old schoolers, they have to be grandfathered in... it was different times. But now these people are well aware of the fact that they are strictly proibited.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
Prove that you're not going to let any power hitters from 95-05 into the hall?
No, that these people were all on drugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement