1. * LA Lakers --
2. * Denver 4.0
3. * Dallas 4.0
4. Utah 6.0
5. Oklahoma City 8.0
6. Phoenix 8.0
7. San Antonio 9.0
8. Portland 9.5

Looking at the standings, I don't think the mavs have to be too scared about their first round opponent. More than likely it will be San Antonio or phoenix, just by pure luck, we seem to always end up playing them. The second round would get dicey though. If all of the top four teams move on, I am not sure we could beat Denver head on in a series. I really think we would match better with LA, but we wouldn't see them until the western conference finals.

Denver might just be too athletic for the Mavs to handle. At least with LA you know they are a half court team. I think our centers could match up well and stop Bynum and Gasol. Kobe is going to be Kobe, but I think Stevenson could slow him down. Artest has been a joke all season on the offensive side, but he could push the Mavs around and intimidate them.

Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Well as of today, it looks like this:
1. * LA Lakers --
2. * Denver 4.0
3. * Dallas 4.0
4. Utah 6.0
5. Oklahoma City 8.0
6. Phoenix 8.0
7. San Antonio 9.0
8. Portland 9.5

Looking at the standings, I don't think the mavs have to be too scared about their first round opponent. More than likely it will be San Antonio or phoenix, just by pure luck, we seem to always end up playing them. The second round would get dicey though. If all of the top four teams move on, I am not sure we could beat Denver head on in a series. I really think we would match better with LA, but we wouldn't see them until the western conference finals.

Denver might just be too athletic for the Mavs to handle. At least with LA you know they are a half court team. I think our centers could match up well and stop Bynum and Gasol. Kobe is going to be Kobe, but I think Stevenson could slow him down. Artest has been a joke all season on the offensive side, but he could push the Mavs around and intimidate them.

Opinions?
i agree with every bit of what you said.
i'd like la rather than denver as well.
imagine if LA f-d up and mavs took 1st. only having to play one of those two teams? that's the difference between fucked again and a real chance.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well, unfortunately, it is really unlikely us or even denver will catch LA now. Denver is just scary. I know nothing about Utah though, maybe they can take out denver.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

(to mavs) San Antonio is not going to make it far or maybe might not even make the playoffs....so I wont be keeping up with the playoffs much
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
MFFL!

SA has the playoffs locked up I believe. They have a 5 game lead on the 9th place Rockets with only 16 games left. However, the Spurs have a beat down schedule ahead: @ Atlanta, @ OKC, vs Lakers, vs Cleveland, @ Boston, vs Orlando, @ Lakers, @ Phoenix, @ Denver, @ Dallas. That's 10 damn games against some pretty meaty playoff caliber teams and a good chunk of them on the road. Meltdown watch started here.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
SA has the playoffs locked up I believe. They have a 5 game lead on the 9th place Rockets with only 16 games left. However, the Spurs have a beat down schedule ahead: @ Atlanta, @ OKC, vs Lakers, vs Cleveland, @ Boston, vs Orlando, @ Lakers, @ Phoenix, @ Denver, @ Dallas. That's 10 damn games against some pretty meaty playoff caliber teams and a good chunk of them on the road. Meltdown watch started here.
Yep thats why I think they are pretty much done...they might beat OKC if that...Mavs fans will enjoy that
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc View Post
it would be nice if the spurs get it together and drop the lakers and the nuggets...

nice for the mavericks anyways.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
gear jammer

Nuggets matchup is scary for sure but we match up a hell of alot better this season than last. Last year they were way to athletic for us and we couldn't hang. The additions of Haywood and Butler solved that a little. Plus, they are missing KMart and Birdman is not near as effective this year for some reason.

The team that scares me for some reason is OKC. I don't want to see them in the first round. I could see a meltdown like the Golden State series a few years ago.

The playoffs should be very interesting this year.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
it would be nice if the spurs get it together and drop the lakers and the nuggets...

nice for the mavericks anyways.
If they were to do that then Mavs would smooth sail into the Finals
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Licking the windows!

I like where this is going...continue on!

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Lifer

i think as long as they dont play Phoenix or Oklahoma City, they will sail right through the first round. Suns can score bunches of points, and OKC is a dangerous team with Durant and Westbrook (who is very underrated)

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Time Served

The Spurs will make the playoffs and the second round at that. They're just too experienced. They're too scary to count out.

It's crucial for Dallas to at least get the 2nd seed because Denver has been garbage on the road this year. The Mavs need that home court advantage. Go Mavs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:46 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
The Spurs will make the playoffs and the second round at that. They're just too experienced. They're too scary to count out.

It's crucial for Dallas to at least get the 2nd seed because Denver has been garbage on the road this year. The Mavs need that home court advantage. Go Mavs!

What the fuck are you smoking? Have you not seen them play against good teams this year?

Not too mention, have you not seen the Trailblazers as of late? They're the team that could knock the little spurs out of the playoffs this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement