Kurt Pelligrino vs Fabricio Camoes

Jared Hamman vs Rodney Wallace

Thomas Drwal vs Rousimar Palhares
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Pay Per View Televised UFC 111 Fight Card:

Georges St-Pierre vs Dan Hardy - UFC Welterweight Championship fight

Shane Carwin vs Frank Mir - Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship fight

Thiago Alves vs Jon Fitch

Jake Ellenberger vs Ben Saunders

Mark Bocek vs Jim Miller

Fight Card for Spike TV Televised UFC 111 Fights:

Nate Diaz vs Rory Markham

Ricardo Almeida vs Matt Brown

Fight Card for Preliminary UFC 111 Fights:

Kurt Pelligrino vs Fabricio Camoes

Jared Hamman vs Rodney Wallace

Thomas Drwal vs Rousimar Palhares

GSP by murder.

WAR MIR!I really would like to see Mir win so we can see a Lesnar rubber match. Plus I'm a big fan of Mir, I get his sense of humor and think he's got an intelligent approach to his game.

Alves will push Fitch out of the UFC.

Going out on a limb with Saunders. I like the guy and his knees are pretty lethal.

Diaz needs to pull his shit together and get a W. He's had some rough outtings lately. He needs to finish this fight in convincing fashion. Even though he's a retard when he opens his mouth, he's still a very talented fighter.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

I honestly think Carwin and Fitch take their bouts, but I've been wrong before.

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I honestly think Carwin and Fitch take their bouts, but I've been wrong before.
Carwin definetely has the one punch power to do so. But that's a tall order with "Uber Mir" he is facing now. Last report is that Mir is up to 284lbs @ 8% bodyfat and will have to cut to 265. lol! Carwin is standing between Mir and Lesnar and I don't think thats a safe place to be with as obsessed as Mir is with Lesnar. Hahaha.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Carwin definetely has the one punch power to do so. But that's a tall order with "Uber Mir" he is facing now. Last report is that Mir is up to 284lbs @ 8% bodyfat and will have to cut to 265. lol! Carwin is standing between Mir and Lesnar and I don't think thats a safe place to be with as obsessed as Mir is with Lesnar. Hahaha.
We will see in 10 days.
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

Did you get all of this typed out before Mir spunked in your mouth?
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
Did you get all of this typed out before Mir spunked in your mouth?
I'm a Mir "nuthugger" and I admit it. Now back to Sherdog with you and your unoriginal Mir haterade you WWE fan boi fag.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I'm a Mir "nuthugger" and I admit it. Now back to Sherdog with you and your unoriginal Mir haterade you WWE fan boi fag.

LMAO. Well, i don't even read Sherdog and i haven't watched WWE in i don't know how long. Now, if i'm chanel surfing and i see a ladys match going on, i'll watch it then lol
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:02 PM
CEO of......

It really wouldn't hurt my feeling any if Hardy knocks St-Pierre smooth the fuck out. But i got a feeling that ain't happening
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
It really wouldn't hurt my feeling any if Hardy knocks St-Pierre smooth the fuck out. But i got a feeling that ain't happening
LOL, doesn't look good for Hardy if you go by the odds.

Georges" Rush" St-Pierre

Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
+475

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Time Served

Im going for Hardy... The underdog in this one, i got to say he has come a very long way.Knowing his knock out power is pretty good over GSP, and also knowing he's been training very hard for this match is another reason i think he might get it done,not to mention he's been training with Matt Sierra who has BEATEN GSP once before, he can help hardy out a bit of what to expect.I hope he just gets it done,
and as for the Carwin and Mir Fight... Mir has significantly improved in every way possible, or at least in power for sure, but hes just improved good enough to fight someone like Carwin or Lesnar,Last fight with lesnar he had, he was complelty thrown around,and treated like a fucking rag doll.and now mir has picked up weight for sure, but still wont have enough to take on lesnar or carwin... Those of course are just my opinions.Dont count hardy out just yet

2002 Mustang Gt - Bolt Ons for now...Boost Later!
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:17 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4STANG6 View Post
Im going for Hardy... The underdog in this one, i got to say he has come a very long way.Knowing his knock out power is pretty good over GSP, and also knowing he's been training very hard for this match is another reason i think he might get it done,not to mention he's been training with Matt Sierra who has BEATEN GSP once before, he can help hardy out a bit of what to expect.I hope he just gets it done,
and as for the Carwin and Mir Fight... Mir has significantly improved in every way possible, or at least in power for sure, but hes just improved good enough to fight someone like Carwin or Lesnar,Last fight with lesnar he had, he was complelty thrown around,and treated like a fucking rag doll.and now mir has picked up weight for sure, but still wont have enough to take on lesnar or carwin... Those of course are just my opinions.Dont count hardy out just yet
I still haven't figured out why so many people are giving Hardy credit for training with Serra for this fight. Serra caught GSP with a lottery punch, he didn't dominate him in any form. Not wrestling, not BJJ, just caught him with a single punch. That could happen to anyone, but doesn't legitmize a reason for him to think that Serra is the answer to the GSP puzzle.

The Carwin/Mir fight can go either way. If Mir drops his hands for a moment, Carwin can put him to sleep. But Mir is the bigger threat to Carwin rather than Carwin to Mir.

This is the biggest, strongest, most motivated Frank Mir ever who wants nothing more than to get back to Brock and Carwin is standing in his way. I don't think thats a good place to be standing.

Mir by shredding one of Carwin's limbs.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I still haven't figured out why so many people are giving Hardy credit for training with Serra for this fight. Serra caught GSP with a lottery punch, he didn't dominate him in any form. Not wrestling, not BJJ, just caught him with a single punch. That could happen to anyone, but doesn't legitmize a reason for him to think that Serra is the answer to the GSP puzzle.

The Carwin/Mir fight can go either way. If Mir drops his hands for a moment, Carwin can put him to sleep. But Mir is the bigger threat to Carwin rather than Carwin to Mir.

This is the biggest, strongest, most motivated Frank Mir ever who wants nothing more than to get back to Brock and Carwin is standing in his way. I don't think thats a good place to be standing.

you got something on your lip

so you go by vegas odds for predicting a fight?
post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
you got something on your lip

so you go by vegas odds for predicting a fight?
lol, hell no. But even when the bookmakers have such HEAVY odds in favor of someone, thats got to say something.

I never disregard the ever powerful "punchers chance". It can and does happen all the time.

But looking at is realistically, there is only two ways Carwin can win that fight-

1) KO punch
2) ground and pound

Even the ground and pound for Carwin is "iffy" at this point considering that Mir is now bigger (arguably stronger) than Carwin. So will Carwin be able to hold Mir down? Maybe, maybe not. The key for Carwin is trying to slow the fight down and get Mir against the cage or land the big KO punch on the feet. Mir has more ways to win the fight because he's a big threat on the ground as well as standing. But with Mir's new found size and strength, it neuterlizes Carwin's one advantage he usually has over an opponent. Not to mention, we have no idea if Carwin has a gas tank to go past the 1st round or not. He may shine in round one and just fall flat on his face in round two and don't forget this could possibly go five rounds. Mir has that experience, Carwin doesn't.

Fan wise, logically, MMA math, no matter how you look at it Carwin is in big trouble for this fight.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Lifer

I would rather see JDS beat up Mir then Lesnar.
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Dos Santos is quickly becoming my fav fighter....
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

JDS is a beast. I really hope to see JDS and Cain fight, that will be an insane fight!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:44 PM

Anybody going to watch @ Cinemark?? I'm on the fence - obviously the av side will be great, but I don't know how many boot flasks I can carry comfortably...
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Time Served

Quote:

Not alot of people are giving hardy credit for training with serra, BUT none the less serra has had a fight with GSP.Point being that he can HELP hardy, give him a few pointers,ETC... Its a bit of an advantage,GSP seems to be doing the same routine, which is fine because its worked out so far, BUT hardy is training really really hard,Heck it might end within the first round by GSP but no one knows.Serra has good knock out power yes, And yes he got GSP that way, But whos to say Hardy can't do the same ??? All i know is i am going for hardy,Hopefully he can do good,But if not,Then oh well,GSP reigns supreme in his weight class again !

As far as for Mir...Yes he's at the top of his game, No doubt about that,But watch the fight again with him and lesnar,Mir had no chance in hell..NONE and lesnar clearly dominated...and now he gained weight and people think oh hell he can now whip lesnars ass lol ? i trully doubt it, now he can square WELL with lesnar.Weight will not automatically make him champion.So people need to quit thinking so..Dont get me wrong,Mir is good.But obviously not good enough...Anyhow i do like lesnar,

But the way i feel is simply no matter who wins,MIR or CARWIN,Lesnars been out so long i dont think he will be training hard enough to continue bettering his performance in the cage..Im positive hes lost so much power,and the surgery surley has taken a huge roll on his body and performance.Hopefully he can get back on his feet to continue to get better like he was before.

post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Not alot of people are giving hardy credit for training with serra, BUT none the less serra has had a fight with GSP.Point being that he can HELP hardy, give him a few pointers,ETC... Its a bit of an advantage,GSP seems to be doing the same routine, which is fine because its worked out so far, BUT hardy is training really really hard,Heck it might end within the first round by GSP but no one knows.Serra has good knock out power yes, And yes he got GSP that way, But whos to say Hardy can't do the same ??? All i know is i am going for hardy,Hopefully he can do good,But if not,Then oh well,GSP reigns supreme in his weight class again !

As far as for Mir...Yes he's at the top of his game, No doubt about that,But watch the fight again with him and lesnar,Mir had no chance in hell..NONE and lesnar clearly dominated...and now he gained weight and people think oh hell he can now whip lesnars ass lol ? i trully doubt it, now he can square WELL with lesnar.Weight will not automatically make him champion.So people need to quit thinking so..Dont get me wrong,Mir is good.But obviously not good enough...Anyhow i do like lesnar,

But the way i feel is simply no matter who wins,MIR or CARWIN,Lesnars been out so long i dont think he will be training hard enough to continue bettering his performance in the cage..Im positive hes lost so much power,and the surgery surley has taken a huge roll on his body and performance.Hopefully he can get back on his feet to continue to get better like he was before.
Your post is making my head hurt.

Your first point doesn't make any sense at all so I won't bother with that one.

You are correct in saying that Mir had no chance with a 290lb gorrilla on top of him pinned against the fence on his side. Who would? But Lesnar fans so easily seem to forget what happened the other fight when he got caught in the middle of the ring and submitted. To say Mir doesn't have a chance is not only factually untrue, but ignorant when he has already beat Lesnar once. A bigger, stronger Mir only improves his chances not to mention Lesnar just had a very serious illness to recover from. PLUS, ring rust which is a very, very real thing.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #21 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

JKD...I'll give you 10:1 odds ALVES does not win this saturday...care to make a wager?
jk
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Rep...tch-Bout-23445
post #22 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
JKD...I'll give you 10:1 odds ALVES does not win this saturday...care to make a wager?
jk
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Rep...tch-Bout-23445
Man, that sucks. I was looking forward to Alves getting some payback.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #23 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
But Lesnar fans so easily seem to forget what happened the other fight when he got caught in the middle of the ring and submitted. To say Mir doesn't have a chance is not only factually untrue, but ignorant when he has already beat Lesnar once. A bigger, stronger Mir only improves his chances not to mention Lesnar just had a very serious illness to recover from. PLUS, ring rust which is a very, very real thing.
I don't think Lesnar will ever be the same again. I hope I'm wrong. What's this using Lesnar's first UFC fight to credit Mir's skill? C'mon man. Kimbo could've beat Lesnar that night.

post #24 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
I don't think Lesnar will ever be the same again. I hope I'm wrong. What's this using Lesnar's first UFC fight to credit Mir's skill? C'mon man. Kimbo could've beat Lesnar that night.
LOL, you're going abit far there saying Kimbo would have beat Lesnar, but thats funny though.

It's key for a wreslter to get a grappler up against the fence to limit mobility and submission attempts. Wrestlers cant typically finish the fight and just pound away fast as they can to speed up the "no defense" rule to get the ref to jump in. Away from the fence, Lesnar would get submitted everytime.

It's a lose/lose situation for Mir. If he beats Lesnar, people will say "Yeah, he was sick and had ring rust so Mir should have beat him" If he loses, they will say "Duh, Lesnar is the best ever".

Personally, I'd like to see Mir split Lesnar's arm in half like he did to Sylvia.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #25 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Man, that sucks. I was looking forward to Alves getting some payback.

what makes you think that was going to happen?
post #26 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:21 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
what makes you think that was going to happen?
It's just my opinion that Alves is the better fighter, stronger, faster, more explosive and just got caught the first fight. The better fighter doesn't always win, luck does play a part at times.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #27 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Lifer

Looks like Ben Saunders is stepping in for Alves vs Fitch.

Too bad, was looking forward to that fight.

--wes
post #28 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Very Interesting

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #29 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Very Interesting

I can't wait to see the weighins

This video was from a few days ago, Mir is a big fucker now

post #30 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

I watched the press conference live yesterday and Mir looks HUGE.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #31 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
LOL, you're going abit far there saying Kimbo would have beat Lesnar, but thats funny though.

It's key for a wreslter to get a grappler up against the fence to limit mobility and submission attempts. Wrestlers cant typically finish the fight and just pound away fast as they can to speed up the "no defense" rule to get the ref to jump in. Away from the fence, Lesnar would get submitted everytime.

It's a lose/lose situation for Mir. If he beats Lesnar, people will say "Yeah, he was sick and had ring rust so Mir should have beat him" If he loses, they will say "Duh, Lesnar is the best ever".

Personally, I'd like to see Mir split Lesnar's arm in half like he did to Sylvia.
This is why I like Lesnar. He is such a thorn in the side of the BJJ world that it's comical to see you all explain why you think he sucks. This is one of the key reasons why I hope he can be the same fighter. I won't ever say Lesnar is the "best ever" if he beats Mir again. I'll just laugh that such an inexperienced fighter can be so successful against "one of the best sub artists in MMA..."

post #32 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 05:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
This is why I like Lesnar. He is such a thorn in the side of the BJJ world that it's comical to see you all explain why you think he sucks. This is one of the key reasons why I hope he can be the same fighter. I won't ever say Lesnar is the "best ever" if he beats Mir again. I'll just laugh that such an inexperienced fighter can be so successful against "one of the best sub artists in MMA..."
I don't think Lesnar sucks really. I think he has a title he didn't earn. Wrestlers in general are boring in the octagon and tend to grind out fights since they lack much technical skill to finish a fight. Calling Lesnar completely inexpierenced is inaccurate since he has over 200 wrestling matches, but yet he does lack any experience with boxing and submissions. He simply uses his size an strength to bully guys against the cage and throws his 5th grader hammer fists fast enough to make a referee jump in.

Is it effective? Yeah.

Does he win? Sure, anyone wins if the fight if it goes according to their game plan.

Boring? Most definetly.

Is he good for the division? At first I didn't think so, but I've seen now that he is. Competition always breeds more. He's a big target, makes for good fights.

Do I like him? Not one bit, but it's just as fun to have someone to root against as to root for.

It's MMA, not wrestling. Hopefully in time he will evolve as a fighter. Usually most fighters have to work up to that point before being a champion so they are well rounded when they get there. If he doesn't, someone will expose it and beat him. Randy showed that Lesnar's chin is suspect, so it maybe the button that needs to be pushed. The trick is getting there before the big man bum rushes in. lol.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #33 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
JDS is a beast. I really hope to see JDS and Cain fight, that will be an insane fight!
Agree, what a fight!

With Carwin, if he touches you it seems you go to sleep, Does he hit that hard? I guess we will find out soon. I am going to guess he's no slouch on the mat either with his wrestling back ground. Mir better finish him pronto like he did Kongo or I think he takes a dirt nap

GSP takes Hardy to the ground and it's lights out for Hardy. That said GSP's chin is probably his only weakness. Can't wait either way!
post #34 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
It's MMA, not wrestling. Hopefully in time he will evolve as a fighter. Usually most fighters have to work up to that point before being a champion so they are well rounded when they get there. If he doesn't, someone will expose it and beat him. Randy showed that Lesnar's chin is suspect, so it maybe the button that needs to be pushed. The trick is getting there before the big man bum rushes in. lol.
He will never be the same caliber as most of his opponents, but so far it's worked. He has won in unorthodox ways, but that's pretty much all that matters. I like watching him because he is such a power house and has been able to use his style, per se, effectively. You have to admit with every fight he's shown vast improvement. I just fear he's going to be a wash up after recovering from being sick. Hopefully his age and enthusiasm will be enough to overcome...

post #35 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Big Rooster Racing

Quote:
I don't think Lesnar sucks really. I think he has a title he didn't earn. Wrestlers in general are boring in the octagon and tend to grind out fights since they lack much technical skill to finish a fight. Calling Lesnar completely inexpierenced is inaccurate since he has over 200 wrestling matches, but yet he does lack any experience with boxing and submissions. He simply uses his size an strength to bully guys against the cage and throws his 5th grader hammer fists fast enough to make a referee jump in.

Is it effective? Yeah.

Does he win? Sure, anyone wins if the fight if it goes according to their game plan.

Boring? Most definetly.

Is he good for the division? At first I didn't think so, but I've seen now that he is. Competition always breeds more. He's a big target, makes for good fights.

Do I like him? Not one bit, but it's just as fun to have someone to root against as to root for.

I will agree 100% with this statement......I think Lesnar should have to "earn" his title and i dont think he has done that......The one thing the man has going for him is his size.....there arent many people that can stand up to getting hit with ham hocks like his. that really doesnt take much skill......in fact it probably takes more skill to avoid it. I would feel no different if it was Bob Sapp in there wearing the belt. Yea the dude is an athlete but I dont feel they have "graduated" to Champion material.

On another note if he puts more MMA into his game and could actually dominate with it then he WOULD make for an exciting fight. That said tho i dont see much of a future for Lesnar after the mono and diverticulitis. The man had POO leaking out of his guts for a year for crying out loud......can you imagine the size of that mans turds......good fucking grief!!!!!

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU
post #36 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
I will agree 100% with this statement......I think Lesnar should have to "earn" his title and i dont think he has done that......The one thing the man has going for him is his size.....there arent many people that can stand up to getting hit with ham hocks like his. that really doesnt take much skill......in fact it probably takes more skill to avoid it. I would feel no different if it was Bob Sapp in there wearing the belt. Yea the dude is an athlete but I dont feel they have "graduated" to Champion material.

On another note if he puts more MMA into his game and could actually dominate with it then he WOULD make for an exciting fight. That said tho i dont see much of a future for Lesnar after the mono and diverticulitis. The man had POO leaking out of his guts for a year for crying out loud......can you imagine the size of that mans turds......good fucking grief!!!!!
Well i guess i dont see wha it takes to earn a title shot... maybe it was the fact that the title holder Couture at the time saw lesnar as a big threat and wanted to take him out quick part..Because from Dana past reviews, It was said that couture wanted lesnar and was up for the challenge and was going to take him out sooner than him coming in the octagon.So dont everyone blame it all on lesnar..Simply randy wanted him..

and to think,, he was beating everyones ass with having that infection lol,i guess everyone must suck to get beat by a man who wasnt in top shape lol

post #37 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Well i guess i dont see wha it takes to earn a title shot... maybe it was the fact that the title holder Couture at the time saw lesnar as a big threat and wanted to take him out quick part..Because from Dana past reviews, It was said that couture wanted lesnar and was up for the challenge and was going to take him out sooner than him coming in the octagon.So dont everyone blame it all on lesnar..Simply randy wanted him..

and to think,, he was beating everyones ass with having that infection lol,i guess everyone must suck to get beat by a man who wasnt in top shape lol
He didn't have that infection while he was fighting. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #38 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

Is it effective? Yeah.

Boring? Most definetly.

It is boring, but i bet some people think watching two BJJ guys rolling on the mat for 15min. is boring too.

One wrestler that i would say is not boring to watch is Henderson, but i'm sure that has something to do with the fact that he can knock just about anybody out at anytime
post #39 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
It is boring, but i bet some people think watching two BJJ guys rolling on the mat for 15min. is boring too.

One wrestler that i would say is not boring to watch is Henderson, but i'm sure that has something to do with the fact that he can knock just about anybody out at anytime
It's only boring to newbs who dont know what they are looking at. It's a chess match at it's finest in terms of combative sports.

Hughes was another wrestler that was decent at finishing fights and fun to watch. But what do Hughes and Henderson both have in common? Neither have evolved and the sport has passed them by.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #40 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:12 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
It's only boring to newbs who dont know what they are looking at. It's a chess match at it's finest in terms of combative sports.

Hughes was another wrestler that was decent at finishing fights and fun to watch. But what do Hughes and Henderson both have in common? Neither have evolved and the sport has passed them by.

I'm there are plenty that think it's boring other than the newbies. I understand what is going on in the cage, but at times it CAN get boring. Of course, i guess anything can get boring lol

They also are at the end of their careers, so i'm sure they're not worried about learning new shit as they would if they were in their mid 20's. That being said, there are more people that can beat Hughes at this moment than Hendo still
post #41 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I'm there are plenty that think it's boring other than the newbies. I understand what is going on in the cage, but at times it CAN get boring. Of course, i guess anything can get boring lol

They also are at the end of their careers, so i'm sure they're not worried about learning new shit as they would if they were in their mid 20's. That being said, there are more people that can beat Hughes at this moment than Hendo still
Wanna do a sig bet on the Hendo/Shields fight? I'll take Shields even though Hendo will come in the cage 40lbs heavier than Shields.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #42 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:47 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
You going to stick by that when Lesnar rips Mir's arm out of his socket and cracks his skull with it?

post #43 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Very Interesting

I'll put 50 today on the Lesnar/Mir rematch, if and when it takes place.

Mir to win

post #44 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
You going to stick by that when Lesnar rips Mir's arm out of his socket and cracks his skull with it?
Yup. Because Lesnar wouldn't have the first clue how to rip anyones arm out. I'll extend that sig bet to you too and I will take Mir.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #45 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Very Interesting

Not the best pic, but Mir looks fucking ripped at a cut 265

post #46 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #47 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Wanna do a sig bet on the Hendo/Shields fight? I'll take Shields even though Hendo will come in the cage 40lbs heavier than Shields.

Sure, why not. I don't think Shields wants any part of Hendo
post #48 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Time Served

Frank has gotten big.... But not lesnar big!

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #49 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Yup. Because Lesnar wouldn't have the first clue how to rip anyones arm out. I'll extend that sig bet to you too and I will take Mir.
You are jumping the gun. Mir has to get through Carwin first. Make the bet for that, son.

post #50 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Time Served

Can you go to the movies and watch the fights now
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement