Mavs vs Knicks - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Mavs vs Knicks

Looking for #14 tonight. Then they have 3 days off.

JET also is back at practice with the Mavs...so I'm betting we'll see him by the Boston game next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
gear jammer

#14 shouldn't be a problem tonight. Knicks are on a back to back after playing last night and look like the they are ready for the season to end. Mavs are rested and really should take a 15 game winning streak into the Boston game next week.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Time Served

hopefully mavs get the 14th. i want them to take the streak to Boston and beat them.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Censored

Talked to a customer about the game. He said "Yeah they play the Yank... no the Ni99ers. They will whoop up on them." I agreed they will win. lol

Doors Done Rite
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Time Served

not looking good for the mavs. down by 25 going to the 4th.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
The Stock Vert Club

That's what they get for wearing their "Los Mavs" jerseys.... I can't stand that bullshit mexican night.... I gave my account executive an earfull last season about that shit and told him that I wasn't buying a ticket package that included any of that crap this season. They do the starting lineup in Spanish and do other announcements in Spanish... play spanish music. Fuck that!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRedStang View Post
That's what they get for wearing their "Los Mavs" jerseys.... I can't stand that bullshit mexican night.... I gave my account executive an earfull last season about that shit and told him that I wasn't buying a ticket package that included any of that crap this season. They do the starting lineup in Spanish and do other announcements in Spanish... play spanish music. Fuck that!
Fuck yeah, what do they think this is Mexico?

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM
In the Batter's Box

Quote:
yeah i would hate that too....

After they won 8, 9 in a row and then everyone started looking ahead at their schedule saying they had a good chance of taking a 15 game win steak into Boston I knew they were in trouble. They can definately bounce back from it. The big test is going to be the home game against Denver on the 29th.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Lifer

this is why i havent bought into the Mavs so far. Yes this team is better since the trade, but the last 5 games havent been impressive. How many times in the last few years have the Mavericks lost to easy teams at this point in the year. Against New Jersey they played like crap, and tonight the wheels just fell off. I dont know if they were looking past this game or what, but tonight was just horrible. This is the same team that they blew out by 50 points in New York, now you lose by 34? wow

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 04:33 AM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Guess you missed "Nueva York" on the Knicks jerseys

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Guess I picked a good game not to watch.

LOL @ some not buying into the Mavs because they laid an egg last night. You're due to have some off nights. Celtics lost to NJ recently. The Lakers lost to the Bobcats. And while the Mavs haven't been blowing people out, they've been quite short handed. Few games w/o Butler, few w/o Haywood, Damp, Terry. No Tim Thomas. Mavs have had 9 guys on the active roster several times over the last couple weeks. Good teams find ways to win in the face of adversity. They're not always pretty or result in blowouts, but you don't luck your way into a 13 game streak. I think the only lucky win in the entire streak was probably the Atlanta game, and even then, the Mavs worked their ass off for that win. I think the key is gonna be how they respond to this loss.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Well I picked a great night to go one of their games. Not only did they lose, but there were 2 Knicks fans sitting right next to us so I had to listen to their shit all night, lol. Had a good time overall. Thanks again for the tickets evil jose!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
this is why i havent bought into the Mavs so far. Yes this team is better since the trade, but the last 5 games havent been impressive. How many times in the last few years have the Mavericks lost to easy teams at this point in the year. Against New Jersey they played like crap, and tonight the wheels just fell off. I dont know if they were looking past this game or what, but tonight was just horrible. This is the same team that they blew out by 50 points in New York, now you lose by 34? wow

You say that in just about every Mavericks thread. I don't care who your team is made up of, you're never going to dominate everyone you play, regardless of their record. If you watched the game last night you would have seen that even though the Mavs struggled on offense taking lower percentage shots and not taking it to the hole near enough, the Knicks were hitting damn near every shot they put up through 3 quarters of play, and that was with guys all over them, hands in their face, etc. It's going to be hard to beat any team that shoots 56% from the floor, and 16 for 30 from 3-point land. And let's not forget that Terry is still sitting out with injury. I'm not saying that last night's game was good, but again, it's not going to be a spectacular blowout game everynight. They're 45-22 and have beat a lot of good teams this year, including the Lakers(twice) and Orlando. With Terry back in the lineup they will be better off than they are without him, IMO.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
gear jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
You say that in just about every Mavericks thread. I don't care who your team is made up of, you're never going to dominate everyone you play, regardless of their record. If you watched the game last night you would have seen that even though the Mavs struggled on offense taking lower percentage shots and not taking it to the hole near enough, the Knicks were hitting damn near every shot they put up through 3 quarters of play, and that was with guys all over them, hands in their face, etc. It's going to be hard to beat any team that shoots 56% from the floor, and 16 for 30 from 3-point land. And let's not forget that Terry is still sitting out with injury. I'm not saying that last night's game was good, but again, it's not going to be a spectacular blowout game everynight. They're 45-22 and have beat a lot of good teams this year, including the Lakers(twice) and Orlando. With Terry back in the lineup they will be better off than they are without him, IMO.
Yep totally agree. The league is too good to think you will come out and crush teams by 25 points every night. It ain't gonna happen.

This loss may be a good thing. Mavs can regroup and get some practices and rest in. Now if they lay a big egg against Chicago and Boston at home maybe worry a little more. I would just like to see everyone get healthy and a solid substitution pattern start.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Yep totally agree. The league is too good to think you will come out and crush teams by 25 points every night. It ain't gonna happen.

This loss may be a good thing. Mavs can regroup and get some practices and rest in. Now if they lay a big egg against Chicago and Boston at home maybe worry a little more. I would just like to see everyone get healthy and a solid substitution pattern start.
Both of those teams should be easy for them. Chicago is banged up with Rose injured and Noah out with a foot injury. Boston I think just got old, since Christmas they have fallen like a rock.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Both of those teams should be easy for them. Chicago is banged up with Rose injured and Noah out with a foot injury. Boston I think just got old, since Christmas they have fallen like a rock.
I wouldnt worry about Noah anyways, he sucks ass.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement