Keselowski vs Edwards - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Keselowski vs Edwards

Did anyone here watch the end of the race when Carl Edwards intentionally wreck Brad Keselowski with 4 laps to go? If not here is a clip from youtube.

I think Edwards should be suspended at least one race. I know you want to create more rivalries, but with Edwards being 100+ laps down and Keselowski running near the Top 5 with few laps remaining. Uncalled for.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Yep I saw it, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Shit like that goes on all the time, and I like Carl Edwards so I give him the benefit of the doubt. We know Edwards and Keselowski have a history, so I just chalked it up as another page.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Time Served

We watched it, I laughed when Carl said that "it wasn't the way he planned it to go" Hitting someone at 200mph is crazy but it happens all to often. Pretty awesome wreak though!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Lifer

Carl is one of my favorite drivers, but you can see his hands turn the wheel. He admitted he was paying back, but apologized for turning him upside down. Keselowski did the identical thing to Carl last year.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Lifer

Its all fun and games until it happens to your driver, then us nascar fans are pissed
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
Carl is one of my favorite drivers, but you can see his hands turn the wheel. He admitted he was paying back, but apologized for turning him upside down. Keselowski did the identical thing to Carl last year.
I disagree a little because when Keselowski did it, he went for the win at Talladega . Brad didnt wreck Carl, Carl came down on him. Sunday Edwards was 100+ laps down and running in the 30's, he had no reason to race a guy going for the Top 5. idk why Edwards was mad at Brad to begin with, Keselowski dosent have to let him in. He has every right to that spot. Edwards lost alot of respect out of me, and I wouldnt be suprised if he gets suspended for a race.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
T-MINUS

Nascar driver makes one right hand turn and shit goes awry.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Nascar driver makes one right hand turn and shit goes awry.
Now thats funny. I dont care when or where payback is payback.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
I disagree a little because when Keselowski did it, he went for the win at Talladega . Brad didnt wreck Carl, Carl came down on him. Sunday Edwards was 100+ laps down and running in the 30's, he had no reason to race a guy going for the Top 5. idk why Edwards was mad at Brad to begin with, Keselowski dosent have to let him in. He has every right to that spot. Edwards lost alot of respect out of me, and I wouldnt be suprised if he gets suspended for a race.
Dont forget... last year Brad said he knew there was a chance of wrecking Carl but he wasnt going to let up off the gas during the post race interview. Denny Hamlin and Brad had an on going fued last year as well as Brad and Carl. If you watched the race, Brad caused Carl to wreck into Lagano and ruin both their days. Prior to that, he banged on Carls bumper before wrecking him. Im not a fan of either driver. But there are more drivers complaining about Brads overly aggresive driving when its not even called for.
No matter who the driver is......... when they do it, its not intentional. When its done to them, it was on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I agree with T-Top. A little contact is going to happen...it's what they wanted. Maybe not how they wanted it to happen but that's what happens when you take off the limits on 2 guys with history.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 PM
American Idol

Fucking nascar.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weems View Post
I agree with T-Top. A little contact is going to happen...it's what they wanted. Maybe not how they wanted it to happen but that's what happens when you take off the limits on 2 guys with history.
they have no history, Carl's panties is just in a bunch. At Talladega Brad did nothing different than what Johnson, Gordon or anyone else wouldve done. Brad went high and Carl blocked, then went low and got inside of Carl. Carl went down and Brad had no choice but to stand his ground cause you cant go under the yellow line. That was all Carls fault and he even said that. At Atlanta, Brad did nothing wrong. He has every right to that spot, and he dosent have to give it to Carl. Carl and his spotter shouldve done a better job at spotting. Brad dosent have to get off the gas, not when he has cars behind him cause he might get turned himself. Dale Earnhardt did the same thing years ago, stand your ground. About the who Carl revenge part, maybe if their was a spoiler and not a wing. Cause that didnt happen alot with the spoiler on the old car. I think the wing creates more lift than nascar thought it would. I think Carl will also get like a points penalty.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
they have no history, Carl's panties is just in a bunch. At Talladega Brad did nothing different than what Johnson, Gordon or anyone else wouldve done. Brad went high and Carl blocked, then went low and got inside of Carl. Carl went down and Brad had no choice but to stand his ground cause you cant go under the yellow line. That was all Carls fault and he even said that. At Atlanta, Brad did nothing wrong. He has every right to that spot, and he dosent have to give it to Carl. Carl and his spotter shouldve done a better job at spotting. Brad dosent have to get off the gas, not when he has cars behind him cause he might get turned himself. Dale Earnhardt did the same thing years ago, stand your ground. About the who Carl revenge part, maybe if their was a spoiler and not a wing. Cause that didnt happen alot with the spoiler on the old car. I think the wing creates more lift than nascar thought it would. I think Carl will also get like a points penalty.
Brad is a whinner plain and simple. Carl didnt cry after going airbborn last year. He stated he would have done the same. And yes there is a history. As you said, Carl admitted to wrecking him. So what? He also stated he hopes that was the end of their history. I give Carl props for manning up and admitting he meant to do it except the flipping part, unlike most of the drivers that are quick to say it wasnt their fault. I didnt hear anybody crying other than Brad. He had a identical fued with Hamlin that carried all the way to the last race of the nationwide series last year before it got squashed.

Brad doesnt have to give up anything...... But Carl or any other driver has a right to take it however they see fit. And obviously with the " new" old rule of letting the drivers police themselves.... Carl took advantage and did what he thought he needed to do.
Go to Jayski.com and see that others have said Brad is aggressive and bangs his way into positions. Guess he isnt as good at taking the beating as he is at giving it. Either way....... as I stated, the driver on the on the receiving end of payback will always claim they didnt do it on purpose. Im not even and Edwards fan, just hate hearing the crying when somebody gets payed back.

All Carl got was a 3 race probation. Kudos to Nascar for keeping their word of letting the drivers drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
All Carl got was a 3 race probation. Kudos to Nascar for keeping their word of letting the drivers drive.
Me too, just glad that car didnt take a wrong bounce and go into the fence

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement