Now Westbrook is cut from Philly..... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Now Westbrook is cut from Philly.....

Thanks for all the great years Brian. As an Eagle fan I couldn't have asked for a better RB. You are a true professional, never gloated, and always worked hard. You made a simple screen pass go the distance so many times it was unreal. Thanks for all teh great Eagles memories!

I understand the business of football, but it still hurts to see Westbrook go.

Damn you London Fletchers knee. that horrible concussion ended your career basically this year. I hope life treats Westbrook well, he deserves it!

GO EAGLES!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I got your Jihad!!

Eagles can suck it!

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Who needs Westbrook when you've got McCoy? That kid could be the real deal.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Who needs Westbrook when you've got McCoy? That kid could be the real deal.
True, but it's only McCoy's 2nd year. Alot of Philly's offense depends on the RB being able to correctly pick up blitzes. McCoy has not got that down yet, not even close.

But aside form losing his talent, more importantly they are losing his leadership. And as we all saw when Dawkins left, that is irreplaceable.....

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
True, but it's only McCoy's 2nd year. Alot of Philly's offense depends on the RB being able to correctly pick up blitzes. McCoy has not got that down yet, not even close.

But aside form losing his talent, more importantly they are losing his leadership. And as we all saw when Dawkins left, that is irreplaceable.....
While I agree with the leadership aspect, I don't know if that even matter if they are going to keep McChoke under center. I don't see them winning a SB, or even getting there until that man has been replaced by someone that can get the job done. Just opinion though.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Lifer

Westbrook was a very versitle back that had both running and receiving ability. He has the same problem with alot of other RB of his kinds. They have great years until their knees start to get old. Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, etc. Westbrook will be a nice guy for a backup role. Maybe with a team that has a dome.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Westbrook was a very versitle back that had both running and receiving ability. He has the same problem with alot of other RB of his kinds. They have great years until their knees start to get old. Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, etc. Westbrook will be a nice guy for a backup role. Maybe with a team that has a dome.
Priest Holmes never had knee problems. He left in 2005 because Shawn Merriman cleaned his clock and resulted in a serious spinal injury. It was amazing that he even came back and played at all, let alone in 3 more NFL games before official retiring from neck related pain after his game against the Colts in 2007. But he never had any reported knee problems.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Westbrook would be a fucking fool to take a backup role anywhere. That's given that he'd be a fucking fool to even come back at all. Hopefully he swallows his pride, and does what's best for his future and his family, and retires. With as many concussion issues as he's had, coming back just doesn't make sense. It won't benefit anything but his bank account.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
oh shit, he saw a mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Westbrook would be a fucking fool to take a backup role anywhere. That's given that he'd be a fucking fool to even come back at all. Hopefully he swallows his pride, and does what's best for his future and his family, and retires. With as many concussion issues as he's had, coming back just doesn't make sense. It won't benefit anything but his bank account.

1991 Coupe - 32v Twin Turbo -T56- 1XXX HP - True Forged 18" wheels - 345 M/T tires + A/C ...... XR_1 > bcoop
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

That's not talking shit, dumbfuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
Priest Holmes never had knee problems. He left in 2005 because Shawn Merriman cleaned his clock and resulted in a serious spinal injury. It was amazing that he even came back and played at all, let alone in 3 more NFL games before official retiring from neck related pain after his game against the Colts in 2007. But he never had any reported knee problems.
He also had a very simular injury to that of Bo Jackson which ended his career. I guess I got that confused

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So your saying that if the Colts called he wouldnt take the job as a backup role. I agree with the concussion issue, if hes not all there and is capable of getting more injured the he does need to do the right thing. But if hes okay, why not take a backup role. He can provide leadership to a team and if needed can get a few carries or touches in the backfield if needed. Pride, what is pride. Rather retire than go to a team as a backup role and go still get a ring.

Sean McCoy yes in the future will be a good back, but he wasnt as good in the 2nd half of the year as he was in the first.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
So your saying that if the Colts called he wouldnt take the job as a backup role.
I don't know what he'd do, only he does. If it was me in his shoes, no, I would not take a back up role. If he's bound and determined to play again, there are plenty of teams that would love to have him as he's better than anything they've got currently.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_1 View Post
Fuck your mother.

THAT is talking shit, you ignorant, illegal, oil changing fuck.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Lifer

lol

He had a good career and was a cornerstone of that Eagles team. Knowing he's not there will help Cowboys fans sleep at night. I wish him all the best. I agree with Brent that he should probably never take another snap unless he wants to end up like Cassius Clay did.

And Mike touched on one thing that I really liked about the guy - he's been a hard worker and not a whining bitch during the offseason.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't know what he'd do, only he does. If it was me in his shoes, no, I would not take a back up role. If he's bound and determined to play again, there are plenty of teams that would love to have him as he's better than anything they've got currently.
Hopefully he wont make us wait too long

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Lifer

I hope this isn't a move to prelude the signing of Julius Peppers. I really don't need to see him and Trent Cole on the same d-line twice a year.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I hope this isn't a move to prelude the signing of Julius Peppers. I really don't need to see him and Trent Cole on the same d-line twice a year.
i heard something on the radio about that, Julius Peppers is interested in Philly.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
i heard something on the radio about that, Julius Peppers is interested in Philly.
I have mixed feelings on this. It would be awesome to take pressure off Cole by having Peppers, but his work ethic doesn't match that of a Philly player. If he continues to take plays off and not give everything he has 100% of the time on the field the Philly fans and the team will eat him for lunch.

He can go in there and be a FORCE, but I'm not sure if the risk is worth it. I love Trent Cole cause the guy never stops, he is a beast. But the potential for that duo is so high, they need pressure on the QB's especially in the tough NFC East.

Philly needs Bradley back in the MLB spot and they need a new FS, I really, really hope they take Myron Rolle from FSU. He has Dawkins replacement written all over him.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. It would be awesome to take pressure off Cole by having Peppers, but his work ethic doesn't match that of a Philly player. If he continues to take plays off and not give everything he has 100% of the time on the field the Philly fans and the team will eat him for lunch.

He can go in there and be a FORCE, but I'm not sure if the risk is worth it. I love Trent Cole cause the guy never stops, he is a beast. But the potential for that duo is so high, they need pressure on the QB's especially in the tough NFC East.

Philly needs Bradley back in the MLB spot and they need a new FS, I really, really hope they take Myron Rolle from FSU. He has Dawkins replacement written all over him.
Peppers hasnt been great lately, so I think there is a risk factor with that. But maybe going to a team where all the focus isnt on him might help.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement