Irvin off the air at ESPN radio - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Irvin off the air at ESPN radio

Football Hall of Famer and former Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin is off the air in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Sources tell News 8 that Irvin's 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. program on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM will not be broadcast Friday, and that the show has been canceled.

ESPN was expected to make a statement about the decision to end the program, which recently celebrated its second anniversary.

It is not known whether the move is related to a sexual assault lawsuit filed against Irvin in Florida on Thursday, according to a report published in the Miami Herald.

The lawsuit was filed in Broward County Circuit Court.

A woman whose name was given only as "Jane Doe" in the legal papers reportedly said she was raped at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in 2007. She reportedly said Irvin got her drunk and lured her to his hotel room.

Irvin's lawyer told the Miami Herald that the accusations "totally untrue."

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Time Served

Hasn't he been accused of Rape a couple of times before in the past?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
I got your Jihad!!

Drugs for sure but not sure on the rape thing,,

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Fear the Stashe

i heard that they havent even found shit to accuse of him , basically extortion.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm going Commando

So she waited until a bunch of media was in town to bring up a 3 year old rape?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

regardless of the rape charges his show was TERRIBLE, like seriously bad. He couldn't be any worse as a radio show host and the fact he made it this long still surprises me.

Troy is a good broadcaster and analyst, Michael Irvin...... not so much. Having to listen to him an Nate Newton talk was almost unbearable.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Time Served

The timing of this incident becoming public is strangely convenient to me...so much for innocent until proven guilty.

Mike Huntzinger
Sales Mgr
[email protected]
817-849-3221
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
So she waited until a bunch of media was in town to bring up a 3 year old rape?
thats what i would do

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
She reportedly said Irvin got her drunk and lured her to his hotel room.

Irvin's lawyer told the Miami Herald that the accusations "totally untrue."

She's lying. No one forced her to get drunk with him and no one forced her to go to his hotel room.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Time Served

I heard this morning on a radio news report that a rape charge was filed AFTER NEGOTIATIONS broke down between the two parties. If he truly raped her then what in the hell is she negotiating?
Doesn't sound like a rape to me, like said before, sounds like she was trying to get money from him. He probably told to go **** herself and THEN she said ok he NOW raped me.

I would love to see how this plays out.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
She's lying. No one forced her to get drunk with him and no one forced her to go to his hotel room.
Crazy drunk bitch+dumb celebrity=wants money.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Time Served

I'm a ticket listener. Everyone knows that 103.3 sucked before Michael Irvin and will continue to suck.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larius View Post
I'm a ticket listener. Everyone knows that 103.3 sucked before Michael Irvin and will continue to suck.
I do like Galloway, but other than that they suck locally. Mike and Mike in the morning owns all morning Sports Talk......

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Couple of things....

1) What I heard on the radio, and read, was that Irvin's show was cancelled due to ratings. He is being replaced by Ben & Skin. Now, yes, Irvin sucked, but he was infintely better than those two douchebags. Way to go there, ESPN. Won't be long before that station is out of this market completely. Good riddance.

2) This bitch is nuts. She's been trying to extort him for three years. She wanted a cool million. Irvin told her to pound sand. She came back and said she'd settle for $800k. Irvin again, told her to pound sand. If I'm not mistaken, this same crazy bitch, tried to extort him somewhere between 5-10 years ago, for a different reason. Can't recall what it was, but it was back when he "found God". IMHO, no rape occurred. I'm not saying they didn't have intercourse... I'm saying it wasn't rape. If it was, she'd have gone to the cops 3 years ago.

3) I have a gut feeling (mainly because this isn't the first time she's tried to extort him), that he was banging this bitch on the side for a while... Like every time he was in FL. They probably had something going, she thought he was going to leave his wife, so on and so forth. They got in to it, he told her he wasn't leaving his wife, and bam. She tries to extort him. Things cool off, they get back to fucking or whatever. Then comes the Tiger saga. She sees all the notariety and book deals that are being offered to Tiger's flings, and bam. She tries to extort him again. Irvin tells her to choke on a dick, and she goes public. Which, that's all she wanted all along. Fame, publicity, and money. It's all too perfectly laid out for that to NOT be what happened.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
I do like Galloway, but other than that they suck locally. Mike and Mike in the morning owns all morning Sports Talk......
Personally, I don't think they are funny or entertaining at all. I need some comedy in the AM, and Dunham & Miller provide it. Glad we have more than one choice though. Just goes to show everyone likes something a little different.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Lifer

Galloway and Co is pretty fun to listen too. But I think my favorite show would have to be Jagger in the mornings on 105.3. They talk about more than just sports. They talk about hot topics in around the metroplex to DFW. Irvin was just annoying to listen too. First he had that horrible laugh that he had, second he was just stupid. Remember when he had Pacman Jones on the show saying that he was a changed man? Yea good job evaluating that Micheal.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
Galloway and Co is pretty fun to listen too. But I think my favorite show would have to be Jagger in the mornings on 105.3. They talk about more than just sports. They talk about hot topics in around the metroplex to DFW. Irvin was just annoying to listen too. First he had that horrible laugh that he had, second he was just stupid. Remember when he had Pacman Jones on the show saying that he was a changed man? Yea good job evaluating that Micheal.
Jagger and every other tool on 105.3 are a bunch of shock jocks don't have dick to talk about. 105.3 might be the worst sports radio I've ever heard.

Just a suggestion - start listening to The Musers on The Ticket in the mornings. Guys are fucking hilarious and you don't have to listen to a bunch of dumbass rednecks call in and tell us all how bad of a QB "Tonee Row-mow" is all day.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Doing things the lazy way

i wonder if he will actually win his counter sue, i think its for like 100million

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
i wonder if he will actually win his counter sue, i think its for like 100million
It's just a scare tactic. If she drops the charges, he will too.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Lifer

his show sucked anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement