Dear Miami: Get ready for the Who Dat Nation coming for the Super Bowl - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Dear Miami: Get ready for the Who Dat Nation coming for the Super Bowl

Another funny read I thought you might enjoy..

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ear_miami.html

Quote:
Dear Miami,

The Saints are coming. And so are we, their loyal, long-suffering and slightly discombobulated Super Bowl-bound fans.

While there's still time to prepare -- although a few hard-core Who Dats will begin trickling in Monday, most of us won't arrive until Thursday or Friday -- we thought we'd give you a heads-up about what you should expect.

First things first: You need more beer.

Yeah, we know. You ordered extra. You think you have more than any group of humans could possibly consume in one week. Trust us. You don't.

New Orleans was a drinking town long before the Saints drove us to drink. But it turns out beer tastes better when you're winning. (Who knew?) So let's just say we're thirsty for more than a championship; adjust your stockpiles accordingly.

And look. When we ask you for a go-cup, be nice to us. We don't even know what "open container law" means. Is that anything like "last call"?

It's Carnival season in New Orleans (that's Mardi Gras to you), and we'll be taking the celebration on the road. So don't be startled if you walk past us and we throw stuff at you; that's just our way of saying hello.

Oh, and sorry in advance about those beads we leave dangling from your palm trees. We just can't help ourselves.

February is also crawfish season, and you can be sure that more than one enterprising tailgater will figure out a way to transport a couple sacks of live mudbugs and a boiling pot to Miami.

When the dude in the 'Who Dat' T-shirt asks if you want to suck da head and pinch da tail, resist the urge to punch him. He's not propositioning you. He's inviting you to dinner.

And if you see a big Cajun guy who looks exactly like an old Saints quarterback walking around town in a dress ... don't ask. It's a long story.

We know that crowd control is a major concern for any Super Bowl host city. Our advice? Put away the riot gear.

Reason No. 1: Indianapolis is going to lose, and their fans are way too dull to start a riot.

Reason No. 2: New Orleans showed the world on Sunday that we know how to throw a victory party. We don't burn cars. We dance on them.

Reason No. 3: Even if we did lose, which we won't, leaving the stadium would be like leaving a funeral, and our typical response to that is to have a parade.

Speaking of which: If you happen to see a brass band roll by, followed by a line of folks waving their handkerchiefs, you're not supposed to just stand there and watch. As our own Irma Thomas would say, get your backfield in motion.

And hey, Mister DJ! Yes, we know you've already played that stupid Ying Yang Twins song 10 times tonight, but indulge us just one more time.

To us, "Halftime (Stand Up and Get Crunk)" isn't just a song; it's 576 points of good memories. It's the sound of a Drew Brees touchdown pass to Devery Henderson, a Pierre Thomas dive for first down on 4th-and-1, a Garrett Hartley field goal sailing through the uprights in overtime.

It's what a championship sounds like. You may get sick of hearing it. We won't. Encore, dammit.

Inside Sun Life Stadium, you may find your ears ringing more than usual. We're louder than other fans. Seven thousand of ours sound like 70,000 of theirs.

Don't believe us? Ask the 12th man in the Vikings huddle.

Some people think it's just the Dome that heightens our volume. But you're about to discover a little secret: We can scream loud enough to make your head explode, indoors or out.

It's not the roof. It's the heart.

Well, OK, and the beer.

Don't be surprised if there are more Saints fans outside the stadium than inside. A lot of us are coming just to say we were part of history, even if we can't witness it up close. The Saints are family to us, and you know how it is with family: We want to be there for them, whether they really need us or not. Because we know our presence will mean something to them, whether they can see us or not.

Come to think of it, seeing as how you're taking us in for the week, we pretty much regard you as family, too. So we're warning you now: If you're within hugging distance, you're fair game.

Hugging strangers is a proud Who Dat tradition, right up there with crying when we win.

Most sports fans cry when their teams lose. Not us. We've been losing gracefully and with good humor for 43 years. Tragedy and disappointment don't faze us. It's success that makes us go to pieces.

Hurricane Katrina? We got that under control. The Saints in the Super Bowl? SOMEBODY CALL A PARAMEDIC!!!

So anyway, don't let the tears of joy freak you out. We're just ... disoriented.

OK. Let's review:

Order more beer. Throw me something, mister. Suck da heads. Wear da dress. Stand up. Get crunk. Hug it out. Protect your eardrums. Pass the Kleenex. Hoist the trophy.

See you at the victory party.

Faithfully yours,

The Who Dat Nation

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
not exclude

Yep, already tired of "Who Dat Nation". I originally wanted the Saints to win, now that I'm hearing more from their fans, I would kinda like to see them all crushed.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Saints fans are the most arrogan cocksuckers ive ever met. Fuck them. the colts will kick their asses and a hurricane will flood their city again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Lifer

I really really really really really really really really really hope the saints lose.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger View Post
Saints fans are the most arrogan cocksuckers ive ever met. Fuck them. the colts will kick their asses and a hurricane will flood their city again!!
You know actual saints fans? I know 2 in real life...the rest are a bunch of bandwagon dip shits.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
African Booty Scratcher

they arent near as bad as cowboys "fans"

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
they arent near as bad as cowboys "fans"

god bless.
Not quite but we're getting there

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Not quite but we're getting there
You are a bronco's fan...shut the fuck up. You fall into the who dat bandwagoners.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
You are a bronco's fan...shut the fuck up. You fall into the who dat bandwagoners.
Riiiight. Like I said not quite as bad as cowboy fans just yet.

Lol Nate you are a histarical guy you make me laugh everyday when I come into work with your nonsense. You say some of the dumbest shit i've heard lately

Oh and just for the record next year when the Broncos are in the Super Bowl are you going to say I'm a Saints fan? Lmao and that I'm just riding the Broncos band wagon?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Riiiight. Like I said not quite as bad as cowboy fans just yet.

Lol Nate you are a histarical guy you make me laugh everyday when I come into work with your nonsense. You say some of the dumbest shit i've heard lately

Oh and just for the record next year when the Broncos are in the Super Bowl are you going to say I'm a Saints fan? Lmao and that I'm just riding the Broncos band wagon?
How much money would you like to lay on that right now?

Seriously name a number on the Bronco's going to the superbowl right now?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
How much money would you like to lay on that right now?

Seriously name a number on the Bronco's going to the superbowl right now?
I won't bet that haha not that confident. I'll put $100 down the Denver Broncos make it further in the playoffs then the Dallas Cowboys.

Deal?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
T-MINUS

I just hope it finally gets them all out of Texas.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I just hope it finally gets them all out of Texas.
Just curious but what is it you have against them? I had a pretty big family move into my apartments when that whole Katrina incident happened and They actually didn't seem all that bad.... Heck I even gave them my washer and dryer and bought a new one

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I won't bet that haha not that confident. I'll put $100 down the Denver Broncos make it further in the playoffs then the Dallas Cowboys.

Deal?
I don't think either team even makes the playoffs.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I don't think either team even makes the playoffs.
Well I would hate to say Denver will win the Super Bowl when I honestly believe that either way this Super Bowl goes the Saints will be back.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I got your Jihad!!

Not a fan of either but I hope the Colts win because of their winning tradition. The Saints as a whole is a garbage franchise.

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Just curious but what is it you have against them? I had a pretty big family move into my apartments when that whole Katrina incident happened and They actually didn't seem all that bad.... Heck I even gave them my washer and dryer and bought a new one
The team, nothing.

The coloreds from NO? They didn't bring much good with them. Have friends in LE that were issuing warnings to friends and family to keep an eye out because violent crime was skyrocketing. Have you ever been there? It's a cesspool. The Katrina refugees actually made Houston...WORSE. That is an accomplishment.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement