Strikeforce - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Strikeforce

Watched Cyborg fight tonight, she is a steriod freak, built like a man, voice like a man, nice adams apple. Didn't know women had those. They not testing these days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Lifer

why would they?

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I dunno but I hope Nick Diaz whoops that ass

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Diaz did win by KO but got knocked down too. Strikeforce is weak sauce compared to most of the folks in the UFC. It's very apparent when watching that most would not make it in the UFC but they are still entertaining to watch.

GSP would murder their Champ Diaz. It would be ugly.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
Watched Cyborg fight tonight, she is a steriod freak, built like a man, voice like a man, nice adams apple. Didn't know women had those. They not testing these days?
This is what i've been saying. She must be a dude. Because she looks like a freak. And i think it was the fight before the cyborg fight. The dude was getting tore up forgot his name. Then knocked the guy out with one punch. Was insane.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
AHMO!

Strikeforce has some serious talent..maybe not as many top 10 fighters as the UFC but yeah they have talent.

and name one person at 170 that wouldn't get destroyed by GSP? He's the top dog head and shoulders above EVERYONE in that division.

Henderson is in strikeforce, Diaz beat Gomi (overturned by decision due to Weed) who is the UFC's HUGE new signing at 170, did fairly well in UFC, never being finished there.

They have a nice collection of decent heavyweights in overeem, werdum, and Brett rodgers...not to mention this guy you may have heard of. Fedor.

Gegard Mousasi is a bad ass at 185/205, Henderson as I mentioned before, and Babalu who still can win against just about anyone when he's on.

Jake shields and Jacare (recent signing, but I don't expect you to know who he is...) are no slouches.

Are they as deep or talent heavy with the TOP guys in the world as the UFC (outside of Fedor)? No.

Now are they shitty and have no talent and are a complete something to be scoffed at org?
Fuck no. Just because their fighters haven't been built up by the UFC hype machine doesn't meant they aren't good.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Strikeforce has some serious talent..maybe not as many top 10 fighters as the UFC but yeah they have talent.

and name one person at 170 that wouldn't get destroyed by GSP? He's the top dog head and shoulders above EVERYONE in that division.

Henderson is in strikeforce, Diaz beat Gomi (overturned by decision due to Weed) who is the UFC's HUGE new signing at 170, did fairly well in UFC, never being finished there.

They have a nice collection of decent heavyweights in overeem, werdum, and Brett rodgers...not to mention this guy you may have heard of. Fedor.

Gegard Mousasi is a bad ass at 185/205, Henderson as I mentioned before, and Babalu who still can win against just about anyone when he's on.

Jake shields and Jacare (recent signing, but I don't expect you to know who he is...) are no slouches.

Are they as deep or talent heavy with the TOP guys in the world as the UFC (outside of Fedor)? No.

Now are they shitty and have no talent and are a complete something to be scoffed at org?
Fuck no. Just because their fighters haven't been built up by the UFC hype machine doesn't meant they aren't good.
Well put.
Hendo is no joke. He is the first person to put it on Silva(in the ufc). He won that first round when they fought. He had Silva on his back working his wrestling/g&p.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Diaz did win by KO but got knocked down too. Strikeforce is weak sauce compared to most of the folks in the UFC. It's very apparent when watching that most would not make it in the UFC but they are still entertaining to watch.

Diaz didn't get knocked down, nothing hit him when he went to the ground. He was trying to clear his head and pull guard. Rewatch the slow motion replay, he didn't get hit when he went down.

Comparing any other organization to the UFC is an old tired arguement. The UFC is the monopoly right now, the major leagues if you will and all the rest are minor leagues.

But Diaz is on a tear right now and dominating with his boxing. Diaz is not in the UFC because of performance issues, but rather a personal issue between him and Joe Silva. There was an altercation between the two of them for some unknown reason.

Quote:
Every athletic commission in every state tests AFTER each contest along with a physical evaluation. While I do agree it's hard to believe Cyborg is clean, her camp has figured out what to give her they dont test for, or know how far out to stop the dosage OR by some far fetched chance she's actually clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
Well put.
Hendo is no joke. He is the first person to put it on Silva(in the ufc). He won that first round when they fought. He had Silva on his back working his wrestling/g&p.
Henderson is still greatly overrated. He hasn't evolved with the sport and is part of the old guard of MMA. They guy just has a good chin and some heavy hands, plus a possible future HOF member. Great all around fighter? Hardly.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Henderson is still greatly overrated. He hasn't evolved with the sport and is part of the old guard of MMA. They guy just has a good chin and some heavy hands, plus a possible future HOF member. Great all around fighter? Hardly.
I partially agree with that. I think Hendo would be ten times better if he would use his wrestling instead of looking for the big right all the time. I think his head got big and he forgot what got him there, but he does have the skills.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP View Post
I partially agree with that. I think Hendo would be ten times better if he would use his wrestling instead of looking for the big right all the time. I think his head got big and he forgot what got him there, but he does have the skills.
Oh definetely. There is no doubt he's a toughguy, it's just the caliber of fighter in the UFC is greatly higher than what he is able to compete with these days. Dropping down to Strikeforce should be a decent move for him and get a couple of W's there.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Yeah you are definitely a new fan huh. Using the word weak sauce makes that especially apparent. I bet you only watch college basketball during March Madness don't you?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:41 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

My big problem with Strikeforce is their announcers. Frank Shamrock is a tool. The dude from Pride is a moron, and the other dude looks like skeletor that has had a dip in his mouth non stop for 30 years.

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D View Post
My big problem with Strikeforce is their announcers. Frank Shamrock is a tool. The dude from Pride is a moron, and the other dude looks like skeletor that has had a dip in his mouth non stop for 30 years.
Haha, so true.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Oh definetely. There is no doubt he's a toughguy, it's just the caliber of fighter in the UFC is greatly higher than what he is able to compete with these days. Dropping down to Strikeforce should be a decent move for him and get a couple of W's there.

i thought Hendo left because Dana didn't give him his rematch with Silva that he was supposed to get when he beat Bisbing?
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
CEO of......

and what's the deal with Overeem? Was watching the Best of Pride and saw him fight Chuck in '06 was it? Then i saw a fight with him at the end of '09 and he looked liked a roided up monster. Is this why he hasn't come over to the states and fought in Strikeforce lately?
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
i thought Hendo left because Dana didn't give him his rematch with Silva that he was supposed to get when he beat Bisbing?
No, Hendo wanted an absurd amount of money and he isn't enough of a draw in the States to warrant that kind of money.

Quote:
and what's the deal with Overeem? Was watching the Best of Pride and saw him fight Chuck in '06 was it? Then i saw a fight with him at the end of '09 and he looked liked a roided up monster. Is this why he hasn't come over to the states and fought in Strikeforce lately?
Well, for one Overeem can't pass a drug test here in the States (which is why he hasn't come back to defend his title recently). I also read somewhere (I'll try to find it again) that he is wanted by law enforcement somewhere. Overeem makes really good money in Japan because he is able to fight in Dream and K-1 without any issues from either promotion. They've got to be trying to do something to get him clean so he can fight Fedor, but they're running out of time with so many people complaining about Overeem not defending his title at all.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
No, Hendo wanted an absurd amount of money and he isn't enough of a draw in the States to warrant that kind of money.

Well, for one Overeem can't pass a drug test here in the States (which is why he hasn't come back to defend his title recently). I also read somewhere (I'll try to find it again) that he is wanted by law enforcement somewhere. Overeem makes really good money in Japan because he is able to fight in Dream and K-1 without any issues from either promotion. They've got to be trying to do something to get him clean so he can fight Fedor, but they're running out of time with so many people complaining about Overeem not defending his title at all.

HEY, they got Brock clean, so Overeem should be able to do it
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
HEY, they got Brock clean, so Overeem should be able to do it
Well played sir.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadumel View Post
Yeah you are definitely a new fan huh. Using the word weak sauce makes that especially apparent. I bet you only watch college basketball during March Madness don't you?
LOL, been watching for yrs. Go ahead and laugh, I am sure their title holders would wipe the floor with the UFC champs. Get real.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Lifer

A lot of these smaller organizations have some talented fighters. Just becaus they're not in the ufc doesn't mean much.Honestly I think UFC buying other organizations has hurt the sport as they're begining to monopolize MMA. Giving less options for fighters and going more towards that boxing mentality of matching up fights.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
LOL, been watching for yrs. Go ahead and laugh, I am sure their title holders would wipe the floor with the UFC champs. Get real.
Fedor would for sure.

But who of the following title holders hasn't wiped the floor with the ENTIRE DIVISION IN UFC...

BJ at 155
GSP at 170
Anderson Silva at 185...Not one of them has a compelling fight left, hasn't run thru their competition at their weight class at UFC.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Fedor would for sure.

But who of the following title holders hasn't wiped the floor with the ENTIRE DIVISION IN UFC...

BJ at 155
GSP at 170
Anderson Silva at 185...Not one of them has a compelling fight left, hasn't run thru their competition at their weight class at UFC.

you don't think Belfort has a shot at Silva?
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
No.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Quote:
No.
He's always got a shot, anyone who's at that level has a shot....but that being said.

Anderson Silva's striking in my opinion is the best in MMA. His angles, distance, accuracy is unmatched.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
He's always got a shot, anyone who's at that level has a shot....but that being said.

Anderson Silva's striking in my opinion is the best in MMA. His angles, distance, accuracy is unmatched.
True, but giving a fighter a "punchers chance" is comparable to lottery ticket odds.

Belforts hands are very quick, but that's only good for him if he catches Silva going straight back which Silva doesn't do. He plays the angles and moves out of the way.

IMO, we won't see a loss out of Silva until he moves up to HW. There is no one in his own division to challenge him at this point. Big Nate thinks he has a chance against Silva this time around, but I find that very doubtful.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

yeah, i agree. But i think if Vitor comes in with his head on straight it "could" be a tough fight for Silva. At least that's what i'm hoping for lol
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:21 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
True, but giving a fighter a "punchers chance" is comparable to lottery ticket odds.

Belforts hands are very quick, but that's only good for him if he catches Silva going straight back which Silva doesn't do. He plays the angles and moves out of the way.

IMO, we won't see a loss out of Silva until he moves up to HW. There is no one in his own division to challenge him at this point. Big Nate thinks he has a chance against Silva this time around, but I find that very doubtful.

what about LHW? We all know he won't fight Machida, maybe Shogun could give him some trouble?
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
what about LHW? We all know he won't fight Machida, maybe Shogun could give him some trouble?
He's looking past LHW because of Machida. They will not fight eachother and will do whatever it takes to stay out of eachothers path. Best way to do that is stay out of eachothers divisions. Silva has expressed interest in fighting Lesnar.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
He's looking past LHW because of Machida. They will not fight eachother and will do whatever it takes to stay out of eachothers path. Best way to do that is stay out of eachothers divisions. Silva has expressed interest in fighting Lesnar.
Silva actually has a chance If he stays upright. His speed and power could present some problems for a big slow guy.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Silva actually has a chance If he stays upright. His speed and power could present some problems for a big slow guy.
I'm no fan of Lesnar's by any means, I can't stand the guy. But one thing he isnt is slow. For a big man, he's really fast. Lesnar will destroy Silva and so would Mir.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I agree Lesner is very fast for his size but do you think he is fast/quick compared to a middleweight or light heavy? I think it could be an intriguing fight myself. Silva is head and shoulders above the folks in his class but that said he can be beaten as in previous fights.

I cannot stand Mir but admit he has great skills, his bulking up for Lesner may not be the best idea, with 30 more pounds will he slow down? He will need more cardio to carry it, either way 2010 will be one helluva year in the octagon.

Back to Silva, he has nothing to lose by losing to a heavyweight, it is the Heavyweight who has everything to lose. What would someone think of Mir or Lesner if he took them out.
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What do you guys think of the UFC adding a lighter weight class? I wish they would add a class that allowed guys in the 135-145. I think it would be very interesting opening the door some new blood.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I agree Lesner is very fast for his size but do you think he is fast/quick compared to a middleweight or light heavy? I think it could be an intriguing fight myself. Silva is head and shoulders above the folks in his class but that said he can be beaten as in previous fights.

I cannot stand Mir but admit he has great skills, his bulking up for Lesner may not be the best idea, with 30 more pounds will he slow down? He will need more cardio to carry it, either way 2010 will be one helluva year in the octagon.

Back to Silva, he has nothing to lose by losing to a heavyweight, it is the Heavyweight who has everything to lose. What would someone think of Mir or Lesner if he took them out.
IMO, yeah Lesnar can hang with Silva for speed. I wouldn't even say that Silva is all that fast, but rather very accurate and elusive. Lesnar's chin is VERY suspect, but no one has yet to capitalize on it. Being as accurate as Silva is, he has a very good chance of hitting Lesnar's button. But if Lesnar gets that huge grip on Silva, forget about it. No way will Silva be able to get out from under Lesnar and his gay GNP hammer fists.

Quote:
What do you guys think of the UFC adding a lighter weight class? I wish they would add a class that allowed guys in the 135-145. I think it would be very interesting opening the door some new blood.
No need, that's why they have the WEC. The lightweights are what bring people to watch the WEC and get to see up and coming fighters the UFC has developing at other weight classes. It's their own "minor league" with the lightweights being used as the attraction. And it really works well for them.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
IMO, yeah Lesnar can hang with Silva for speed. I wouldn't even say that Silva is all that fast, but rather very accurate and elusive. Lesnar's chin is VERY suspect, but no one has yet to capitalize on it. Being as accurate as Silva is, he has a very good chance of hitting Lesnar's button. But if Lesnar gets that huge grip on Silva, forget about it. No way will Silva be able to get out from under Lesnar and his gay GNP hammer fists.

No need, that's why they have the WEC. The lightweights are what bring people to watch the WEC and get to see up and coming fighters the UFC has developing at other weight classes. It's their own "minor league" with the lightweights being used as the attraction. And it really works well for them.

but what about a superheavyweight class? Not sure if that would be exciting to watch or not lol Isn't the weight limit now at 265 for HW? Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Mark Hunt fight over here. Hell, if he's even still fighting lol
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
but what about a superheavyweight class? Not sure if that would be exciting to watch or not lol Isn't the weight limit now at 265 for HW? Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Mark Hunt fight over here. Hell, if he's even still fighting lol
In my opinion, a super heavyweight class would be a waste. HW divisions tend to be abit weak as it is, only the UFC has a decent one and until Mir got healthy and Lesnar came on the scene, it was abit lethargic there for awhile. Most heavyweights are slow, gas easily and just do the same GNP over and over. Tends to get boring after awhile. Which is why guys like Mir/Lesnar are great to watch because they both can do some serious damage.

At super heavyweight, you have freaks like Bob Sapp and unless you are japanese with the weird facination for Godzilla like creatures, no one else cares to watch the freakshows.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Sapp is a black Godzilla.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What ever happened to the bad ass Ernest Hoost. Anyone ever get a chance to see that guy use his legs. SOB was wicked in his day. He tore up Mirko CroCop with shots to the body.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
What ever happened to the bad ass Ernest Hoost. Anyone ever get a chance to see that guy use his legs. SOB was wicked in his day. He tore up Mirko CroCop with shots to the body.
He's long retired and is a trainer now. He looks like a heavy Samuel L. Jackson now. Hehe.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement