UT Homers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

UT Homers

How does it feel to lose two straight to the God Squad, once in the conference tourney and the next to end the home winning streak?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

It's a good thing basketball isn't a real sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
It's a good thing basketball isn't a real sport.
I don't believe I ever said anything about NCCABB, just the NBA.

I am enjoying the silence, though. Not a single peep out of the University of T-Shirts fans.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Lifer

Yay. Baylor.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Genetically Blessed

Texas rules Texas rules Texas rules Texas rules Texas rules
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:49 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post

I am enjoying the silence, though. Not a single peep out of the University of T-Shirts fans.
Basketball is basketball, and it's neither baseball nor football. Not even hockey, either. But at least it's not soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

That's got to be a sweet hour and a half drive home for Baylor fans/players...oh wait! Then they're back in Waco to continue on with their shitty life in that hell hole.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:01 PM
African Booty Scratcher

sic em bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Thumbs up

Quote:
And this is why this thread is funny. Not a peep about Baylor basketball ever, but one win and all Baylor fans act like they won the tourney. But I guess when you go to Baylor, the worst sports program in the Big 12, and being everyone's bitch for 13 years, beating Texas is your Super Bowl. Congrats.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R View Post
And this is why this thread is funny. Not a peep about Baylor basketball ever, but one win and all Baylor fans act like they won the tourney. But I guess when you go to Baylor, the worst sports program in the Big 12, and being everyone's bitch for 13 years, beating Texas is your Super Bowl. Congrats.
I'm citing two wins here, one in the conference tourney that knocked Texas out.

You sure do get pissy when you lose. And I completely forgot that I need to post on DFWstangs first, or else I'm not a true fan. Weren't you telling me I should spend less time in the sports forum? I mean, I'm only abiding by what you've asked of me. My apologies for not staying on the straight and narrow path provided by the almighty god of the skiezzz!!!!

Last edited by Slowhand; 01-31-2010 at 12:53 AM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I'm citing two wins here, one in the conference tourney that knocked Texas out.

You sure do get pissy when you lose. And I completely forgot that I need to post on DFWstangs first, or else I'm not a true fan. Weren't you telling me I should spend less time in the sports forum? I mean, I'm only abiding by what you've asked of me. My apologies for not staying on the straight and narrow path provided by the almighty god of the skiezzz!!!!
How am I pissy? I know Texas is overrated, so I could care less. But it's funny that you beat Texas TWICE and it's such a big f'n deal. What about the other 69 wins that Texas had in a row against Baylor? No one gave a shit because Baylor is everyone's bitch in the Big 12. Like I said, congrats on beating Texas. I know this is Baylor's Super Bowl, so enjoy it.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R View Post
How am I pissy? I know Texas is overrated, so I could care less. But it's funny that you beat Texas TWICE and it's such a big f'n deal. What about the other 69 wins that Texas had in a row against Baylor? No one gave a shit because Baylor is everyone's bitch in the Big 12. Like I said, congrats on beating Texas. I know this is Baylor's Super Bowl, so enjoy it.
Considering we played for the conference tourney championship and the NIT championship last year, I can see how this is our Super Bowl.

Last edited by Slowhand; 01-31-2010 at 01:35 AM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Considering we played for the conference tourney championship and the NIT championship last year, I can see how this is our Super Bowl.

And nice move with the you could care less card! Classic UT-shirt fan move.
If you wanna brag about Baylor basketball, you should probably just brag about the women's team.

Baylor beat a very "off" UT team tonight. I really don't know what their deal is. Just not playing with the same fire they did for the first 17 games. In all honesty though, I saw it coming. You can't throw the first half and always expect to come back in the 2nd. At least not in basketball.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'm reversing course, ZYouL8R. At least you're in here calling me out on being a cuntbag, which I totally am; most of your buddies seem to have taken the tuck-and-run approach, as generally happens with losses to Baylor athletics team. It's then followed by the same old "bitch of the Big XII" rhetoric once their assholes have healed.

I've got to wonder how many times the "you're still the bitch of the Big XII" line can be used before its meaning gets at least somewhat diluted. You might want to change your "worst athletics program in the Big XII" line to "Worst Big Money Athletics Program in the Big XII." If it makes money, we're going to blow. But our Tennis and Equestrian teams kick ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
If you wanna brag about Baylor basketball, you should probably just brag about the women's team.

Baylor beat a very "off" UT team tonight. I really don't know what their deal is. Just not playing with the same fire they did for the first 17 games. In all honesty though, I saw it coming. You can't throw the first half and always expect to come back in the 2nd. At least not in basketball.
That's not the best game I've seen this Baylor team play this year by ANY means. 4 fouls in 2 minutes to start the second half? Udoh goes 0-10 in regulation? Lacedarius Dunn continues to shoot miserably?

If you want to play the "they were off tonight" game, Baylor's basketball team will match you tit for tat on the "we were really close tonight" game. Kansas was a 6 point loss that was really much closer than that until the last 15 seconds, K-State was a 1 point loss. A bucket here and there and this is a team vying for one of the top spots in the Big XII right now, and this isn't even going into the multitude of "almosts" from last season. But they're not.

And our men's team is playing FAR better than our women's team right now and probably has been for the entire season.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm reversing course, ZYouL8R. At least you're in here calling me out on being a cuntbag, which I totally am; most of your buddies seem to have taken the tuck-and-run approach, as generally happens with losses to Baylor athletics team. It's then followed by the same old "bitch of the Big XII" rhetoric once their assholes have healed.

I've got to wonder how many times the "you're still the bitch of the Big XII" line can be used before its meaning gets at least somewhat diluted. You might want to change your "worst athletics program in the Big XII" line to "Worst Big Money Athletics Program in the Big XII." If it makes money, we're going to blow. But our Tennis and Equestrian teams kick ass!

That's not the best game I've seen this Baylor team play this year by ANY means. 4 fouls in 2 minutes to start the second half? Udoh goes 0-10 in regulation? Lacedarius Dunn continues to shoot miserably?

If you want to play the "they were off tonight" game, Baylor's basketball team will match you tit for tat on the "we were really close tonight" game. Kansas was a 6 point loss that was really much closer than that until the last 15 seconds, K-State was a 1 point loss. A bucket here and there and this is a team vying for one of the top spots in the Big XII right now, and this isn't even going into the multitude of "almosts" from last season. But they're not.

And our men's team is playing FAR better than our women's team right now and probably has been for the entire season.
To be honest I haven't kept up with Baylor.......well, anything, for obvious reasons. I do know that UT beat two top 10 teams within a short time span, which I'm not sure if anybody else has done this season. I will still call the "off" excuse because that's exactly what's going on. Especially defensively. I've only watched about a dozen games this year. Where is that slippery little white dude for UT who is basically the best defensive player in the country?

I'm horrible with names so I can't remember his name.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
I'm reversing course, ZYouL8R. At least you're in here calling me out on being a cuntbag, which I totally am; most of your buddies seem to have taken the tuck-and-run approach, as generally happens with losses to Baylor athletics team.
Texas pwns!!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Lifer

The sun shines on a dogs ass twice a day, so...

Hey, Baylor has a good program. I really haven't kept up with B-Ball too much, but UT was a little over-rated, especially with that pitiful free-throw shooting.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
NIT Championship?!?! LMAO! So technically they were the 66th best team in the country last year? Definitely something to hang your hat on. Baylor is so aggy, they just don't know it.

And I just did a quick search and didn't find one post about Baylor and the NIT last year. You figure if you were so proud of your Bears last year, you would have at least made a post about it. Just goes to show that beating Texas IS your Super Bowl.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
not exclude

Of course, it sucks to lose to Baylor. But I'll relish in the fact that at least people care when they beat my team. Had UT beat Baylor, no one would have cared.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Of course, it sucks to lose to Baylor. But I'll relish in the fact that at least people care when they beat my team. Had UT beat Baylor, no one would have cared.
Pretty much sums it up.

I didnt see the game to REALLY see what happened but looks like Texas were bricking it pretty good shooting .386 from the field. And of course I have to pick on their FT% as always which was .613. Considering those numbers, Im surprised the game went into overtime.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
CEO of......

I think it fucking sucks. Which also sums up the Free Throw shooting. This is the first game(and i'm sure a few more to come) where FT's cost them the game.

And it's not like this team lost to the Baylor team of 5-6yrs ago. This Baylor team isn't bad at all. Gave Kansas all they could handle in Kansas.

and as for hte Big12 tourny thing. That tourny only means something to the ones that HAVE to win it to get to the big dance. Now, it might help out for a better seed, but that's about it for teams already asured a spot in
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LMAO at NIT Championship. What does NIT stand for? Oh yeah Not in Tournamnet. Get the fuck out of here kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement