The Boy's vs The Offseason... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
2-7 and still a fan!

Lightbulb The Boy's vs The Offseason...

No, this isn't a bash the Boy's thread, the haters are out in full force as usual in the other thread, this thread is about what we need to improve to get to that next level. I for one am very impressed with how we played this season and the last few as well. Bill Parcells came in and turned this thing around, we have been winning since. I would rather have a team that is consistant year in and year out that a one hit wonder.
The team needs to get rid of Roy Williams, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton, Martellus Bennett on offense and on defense Bobbie Carpenter, Patrick Watkins, I'm on the fence with Sensebaugh, he broke his wrist during the season and played well, but he had a few big plays on him during the season.
I believe Wade Phillips is a good coach but we need changes at OC, it may be time for Garrett to go, but I might want to see him one more year but I know for sure he is not head coach material yet, at least not here.

I'm still going to get season tickets this year, even though I'm upset that we lost, we should have finished with a better record and had the bye, it is very improtant to get that to make a run at the SB...'Henry

<---TBFFL > True Blue Fan for Life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Punkslapper

I think the #1 priority should be offensive line and a true deep threat receiver. Columbo and Adams have played well these season but age and injuries are getting to them. We lack depth there as well. It would be good to get Ratliff some play making help in the interior D-line too.

Unless Jones can get Cowher, I say keep the current coaching staff.

I agree that all the players you listed need to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalInjection
It's both.......at 12 degress timming it's a street car, at 19 it's a racecar
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Resident Epicurean

Bennett will get better as he matures. I think keeping him is fine unless they can get a lot for him. Crayton is just fine as a #3. If they can do it without losing their ass (they won't be able to), get rid of Roy. Barber needs to go.

They need to be drafting for the o line, a linebacker to replace Carpenter (contract is up, but if Wade stays, Barbie will get resigned), and they need to use the first rounder to get a corner to replace Newman. They really don't need all that much help, this year.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Barber has been playing hurt for a while now, he played great the first part of the season I thought. Only problem is Garret used him way too much and it caught up with him. You didnt see Choice and Felix so much till the later half of the season and that is why I think.

The offensive line needs to be looked at. Romo had hell with a few teams this year because the pocket closed up on him too quick. They need to go through th O line with a fine tooth comb.

Wade Im not sure about. I was on the bandwagon earlier in the season about cutting him but Im not sure if it was all his fault. I would also look at Jason Garret and Campo. Isnt Campos retirement long overdue?

I would keep Crayton and Roy Im not sure about. Just when Im sure he needs to go he plays a game like he did against the eagles the last time. That mofo was catching anything coming his way. I still swear he had glue on his gloves that day
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Offensively: Farret needs to go first, then Mr. Barber should be benched 3rd string with Jones starting RB and choice 2nd. Williams as much as I like him needs to go, he is slow, lost his hands, and cant run routes for shit. Flozell the most penalized player in the NFL needs a replacement or good young backup and then in a year or 2 replace him.

Defensively: Wade did an awesome job with the defense and I feel they can get even better. Newman and Carpenter need replacing. Jenkins and Sensebauh will get better, and Hamlin is decent.

Special teams: If I were Jerry I would go out and invest in a bad ass explosive kick returner, even if thats all he does. And a good kicker is a MUST!!!!I belive the Cowboys would have fought harder if those two field goals were made and there was 9 points on the scoreboard instead of 3.

MILK
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
It's official - Phillips will be with the Boys next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4835981

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
It's official - Phillips will be with the Boys next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4835981
Lol lets call this the great mistake.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:52 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
I would keep Crayton and Roy Im not sure about. Just when Im sure he needs to go he plays a game like he did against the eagles the last time. That mofo was catching anything coming his way. I still swear he had glue on his gloves that day
He only had one good game all season and it was that game against Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Lol lets call this the great mistake.
I don't think so. I think overall Wade has done a good job. Sure, there are nitpicky things about him that drive me nuts, but all in all he's done well. His defense is one of the top defenses Dallas has ever had. I think he needs help on the offensive side, however.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I don't think so. I think overall Wade has done a good job. Sure, there are nitpicky things about him that drive me nuts, but all in all he's done well. His defense is one of the top defenses Dallas has ever had. I think he needs help on the offensive side, however.
Let me ask you this, if they did get rid of Garrett and still had the same issues next season, where would you point the finger?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Off season by 12
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Off season by 12
Lmao! Niiiiice...

Yes Wade has done a decent job handling the defense but that is about it... Not sure why I dont like the guy much maybe it's just because he coaches the Cowboys. Although I think Dallas could do better at coach and Wade Phillips would do just fine as a defensive coach.

Edit: He just doesnt seem to have that drive and determination to win... I love watching Sean Peyton coach you can tell just looking at him that he is determined by all means to win.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Lifer

I wouldn't change much, maybe some help in the secondary. Say goodbye to T. Newman R. Williams, and F. Adams. Coaches are ok as there is no proven winner with the exception of Cower.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Lifer

The cowboys need to dump Williams either draft, or trade him for another receiver. They need to really look into the O line, with the way they have been good...... bad this year. I don't agree with Phillips still being here. We definitely need a kicker, above all others that is a must. They also need to consider if they can continue to run an offense around Barber. I like the guy, and how explosive he can be, but I feel like he has run his course. The Defense, I am happy with except for the corner backs. The are 50/50 on deep plays. That deep ball thrown by Farve yesterday in the 1st quarter shows what I am talking about.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
No, this isn't a bash the Boy's thread, the haters are out in full force as usual in the other thread, this thread is about what we need to improve to get to that next level. I for one am very impressed with how we played this season and the last few as well. Bill Parcells came in and turned this thing around, we have been winning since. I would rather have a team that is consistant year in and year out that a one hit wonder.
The team needs to get rid of Roy Williams, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton, Martellus Bennett on offense and on defense Bobbie Carpenter, Patrick Watkins, I'm on the fence with Sensebaugh, he broke his wrist during the season and played well, but he had a few big plays on him during the season.
I believe Wade Phillips is a good coach but we need changes at OC, it may be time for Garrett to go, but I might want to see him one more year but I know for sure he is not head coach material yet, at least not here.

I'm still going to get season tickets this year, even though I'm upset that we lost, we should have finished with a better record and had the bye, it is very improtant to get that to make a run at the SB...'Henry

<---TBFFL > True Blue Fan for Life...
They aren't going to get rid of Williams or Barber, they both have guaranteed contracts. I would add 21 million to next years salary cap just to get rid of Roy Williams and you know that won't happen. As for the offensive line it needs some new blood badly, that would be were I would spend my money in the draft. The defense has been great at the end of the season but yesterday they the offense wasn't doing it's job so the defense was on the field damn near the entire game. You can't give Favre that many chances to score on you and expect to hold up.

Photobucket
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Let me ask you this, if they did get rid of Garrett and still had the same issues next season, where would you point the finger?
Hard to say until it happens. There are a million and one things that can go wrong, and play calling is only one of them. But I firmly believe that every game the Boys lost this year, was decided by poor play calling. Any competent OC knows how to switch things up, and what plays to call when the defense is doing certain things. Qb getting pressure? Quick screen passes, don't give them enough time to get to the qb. Roll the qb out of the pocket on a boot leg. Don't make him stand there waiting for big downfield plays to open up, he'll be on his ass all day. Defense playing safeties deep and only bringing 4? Run the ball. Barber should be used in short yardage up the middle run plays. Nothing else. Swing and shovel passes to Barber are a waste of time. Felix has the speed you want when running those plays. Running the wildcat on short and goal? Why not just kneel and take a loss of yards, if you're going to waste a down?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95snake View Post
The cowboys need to dump Williams either draft, or trade him for another receiver. They need to really look into the O line, with the way they have been good...... bad this year. I don't agree with Phillips still being here. We definitely need a kicker, above all others that is a must. They also need to consider if they can continue to run an offense around Barber. I like the guy, and how explosive he can be, but I feel like he has run his course. The Defense, I am happy with except for the corner backs. The are 50/50 on deep plays. That deep ball thrown by Farve yesterday in the 1st quarter shows what I am talking about.
1. Williams won't go anywhere. To trade him, someone would have to take that huge ass contract Jerry gave him.
2. It's apparent to everyone but Garrett, that they should not be running the offense around Barber. Been obvious ever since he got hurt. Barber has never been explosive. He is not fast enough to be explosive. He is a power back, and used to be able to run through people. This year, he's gone down at first contact and I never once saw him push the pile. Guys that run like Barber have a short shelf life because of the physical limts. He's either hit his decline, or never fully healed from his injury. It's going to be hard to find a team that will take a chance on him with his huge contract.
3. That bomb to Rice, was covered by Sensabaugh, who is a safety. Sensabaugh has had a solid year, even playing in a cast for 6 games or so. Newman dropped his coverage about 10 yards from the LOS. Sensabaugh did all he could to pick coverage up in a split second. Granted, yes, he should have looked for the ball, but I put that on Newman for letting their #1 receiver streak down the sideline uncovered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement