So Roy Williams is suppose to replace T.O. huh? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

So Roy Williams is suppose to replace T.O. huh?

Quote:
Williams upset about being left out
Comment Email Print Share
By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

MINNEAPOLIS -- The frustrations of Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams surfaced following the team's 34-3 loss playoff to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

Williams finished the game without a catch and was targeted only once.

When asked if the Cowboys called any plays for him, he told ESPNDallas.com, "No. Hell no."

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins and Tim MacMahon have the Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog

Williams has endured a subpar season in which he caught just 38 passes for 596 yards and seven touchdowns. He had four games with one catch and two in which he was shut out.

Once the postseason began, Williams was hoping he would be more involved in the offense.

In the NFC wild card win against the Philadelphia Eagles, he had five catches for 59 yards and no touchdowns. Williams dismissed the production, saying the Eagles' frequent blitzes were the reason he was targeted.

Against the Vikings, Tony Romo's only throw to Williams came on a first-down play in the first quarter. Romo was under pressure and got knocked down on the play.

"I didn't get a ball today, and I didn't get a look at today. It just happens," Williams said. "It's frustrating. It pisses me off, especially when we lose and especially when I feel like I have a mismatch. I got a 5-10 corner [covering me, Dontonio Wingfield], but hey, you know, I will continue to work hard in the offseason and it will come back around."

Williams said he was surprised at the way his season unfolded.

The Cowboys traded three draft picks to the Detroit Lions last year for Williams and signed him to a six-year, $45 million extension. He caught only 19 passes in 10 games lining up opposite Terrell Owens.

The Cowboys still owe Williams $21 million guaranteed, including more than $9 million in 2010 even if he's not on the roster. Williams said a few weeks ago he doesn't expect to get released after just his second season with the club.

"Now, next year," he said in late December, "if this is the same thing going on, then I'll be like, 'Oh [expletive], I've got to get my [expletive] together.' But right now, no. It's play ball. I'm good."

Williams was supposed to be the No. 1 wideout on this team, but Miles Austin surpassed him as a target Romo trusts. Patrick Crayton, the No. 3 receiver, finished with more receiving yards (622) than Williams. Jason Witten, the veteran tight end, led the team in catches (94) and yards (1,030) this year.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said pressure on Romo prevented him from getting the ball to receivers when they were open Sunday.

"It was tough on us," Williams said. "Talking to [Vikings defensive tackle] Kevin Williams after the game, he knew we were a hot football team and they wanted to get after us and that's what they did. They had a lot of pressure, more than usual. We just couldn't make the plays."

The Vikings changed around their coverages from man-to-man to zone and got constant pressure on Romo. Of his 22 completions, only six went to wide receivers, one in the second half.

"They mixed it up, it didn't matter to me, I didn't get the ball," Williams said. "I didn't get looked at. I was just out there."

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPN Dallas. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.
as big of a diva T.O. was , he actually did work on the field
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

While I still think it was the right thing letting TO go, I also still think the Williams trade was a mistake.

Letting TO go was the best thing that ever happened to Miles Austin.

Ever notice how the non-superstars from t.u. are doing 100% better in the NFL than the players that Mack over-hypes?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
While I still think it was the right thing letting TO go, I also still think the Williams trade was a mistake.

Letting TO go was the best thing that ever happened to Miles Austin.

Ever notice how the non-superstars from t.u. are doing 100% better in the NFL than the players that Mack over-hypes?
I don't disagree with much of what you said, but why don't you humor us all and tell us of the recent greats that Aggie has churned out. Dumbfuck.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I don't disagree with much of what you said, but why don't you humor us all and tell us of the recent greats that Aggie has churned out. Dumbfuck.
NONE

You happy, idiot?

The point being that the non-WR/QB/RB t.u. players are much more successful.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

i was happy when we traded for him..
wasnt so happy when we let T.O. go..

Roy has been a lazy fuck since we signed him to a big deal. I bet he'll be good again once he's in his contract year.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Cut that pile of shit

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
NONE

You happy, idiot?

The point being that the non-WR/QB/RB t.u. players are much more successful.
Cedric Benson went from Bumson to a beast with the Bengals.

Vince Young aka Radio actually plays QB now that hes off suicide watch.

not saying all ut players are good in the nfl but 2 of them recently have been doing good lately.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
I called it because I am a fucking genius!

uh huh
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Time Served

i think i said this not too long after t.o. was cut. seems everyone was on roy williams' junk until he couldnt hide under the t.o. shadow anymore

ha
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Time Served

put Williams on Sp. teams, I'd prefer ogletree (sp) in his place, he seems promising....

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...

Last edited by 06S197GT; 01-18-2010 at 10:26 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Lifer

How was Romo going to throw to him if he spent every second running for his life?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
How was Romo going to throw to him if he spent every second running for his life?
That's pretty much the only comment I made in the game thread. Our offensive line made some COLOSSAL blunders and Romo took the hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
well i mean games before that when romo did have time.. Roy is running half ass routes and always checking to see if a safety is going to hit him or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement